Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:32   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
Bakers Choco Brown, being a darker shade would be hard to maintain, the sea breeze blue or silver would have been a safer bet.. Any way the color is a personal choice .... and I was just sharing my opinion. Good luck for your New Wagon R.
Actually i was looking for a darker colour. I like detailing . Here's a pic of my detailing collection. So maintaining it wouldn't be a problem.

Was planning on getting a bigger sedan (Manza actually) when i got all these, but postponed that to the end of the year when newer sedans will be launched.

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-img_2469.jpg
-NUT-case is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2010, 15:12   #287
SCH
BHPian

Tubaah: Review of the new Wagon R. The link is to the analysis done by NDTV of the "Blue Eyed Boy ".

http://www.in.com/videos/watchvideo-...r-7443253.html :Link to Analysis done by Auto Car.

Last edited by SCH : 4th May 2010 at 15:30.
Old 4th May 2010, 17:21   #288

Not so positive review there by ndtv just praised the back space and a bit of interiors. He also compared the beat and figo and at the end figo was his choice. BTW discounts of 12k in exchange for WR has already started, I believe its just matter of weeks before the cash discounts starts.
Old 4th May 2010, 21:03   #289
BHPian

@digitonsam can you explain "12 k in exchange for WR" ?

BTW the only thing that impresses Sidharth Vinayak Pathanker from NDTV is how a particular wheel arch is flared and how, a particular line is carried from front to back.

Oh he also like "muscular styling" . I wouldnt give much importance to what he says. Anyways he mostly likes to hear himself talk and remind us how his prediction about a particular model coming to Inidia, when he was at geneva,paris etc was correct.lol

In the comparison he conveniently forgot the most importatnt criteria in the entry hatch segment, FE.

BTW saw my Wagonr in "bakers chocolate".

Looks nice. The car had a odo reading of 85 already. Will cross 100k by teh time i take delivery. Is this kinda ok reading for a new car ?

Otherwise car is in excellent condition.
Old 4th May 2010, 21:26   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post

Looks nice. The car had a odo reading of 85 already. Will cross 100k by teh time i take delivery. Is this kinda ok reading for a new car ?

Its ok, not a problem. Go ahead. And please post a review asap. I'm planning to book one soon.
Old 4th May 2010, 22:18   #291

@nutcase, if you want to exchange your old car for the new wagon R you get 12k additional as discount bonus. Its was in todays local paper here in my city, not sure about yours.
Old 4th May 2010, 23:41   #292
BHPian

Thank you for the info. Will ask if anything available here. They did not even agree to give the 5L fuel coupon last time i asked. Maybe some offer is available for this month.

@sachinj will do as soon as i can.
Old 5th May 2010, 10:30   #293
Senior - BHPian

@ nut-case : When are you getting delivery of your car? I will be following your review very closely. Do post the linky here once the thread is up and running. And we would love to see lots of pictures !

Edit : Looks like the first blue eyed boy is already on the forum !
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...omes-home.html

Last edited by longhorn : 5th May 2010 at 10:38.
Old 5th May 2010, 17:08   #294
BHPian

Was hoping mine would be the first waggy here. But unfortunately had to face some problems with the first car i booked . If not for that happening i would have had the car last week itself. But thats a long story which i will post in my review thread. Hoping to get the car in the next 3 days.
Old 6th May 2010, 11:24   #295
Senior - BHPian

Lot of people complaining about rear bench space. 3 people cant fit comfortably. Don't know why Maruti has kept it narrow again in the new model. In comparison Santro, Figo, Beat offers better space on rear to fit 3 people comfortably. Maruti missed a good opportunity here i guess. If they would have increased the rear space to accommodate 3 easily it would have been a big hit.
Old 6th May 2010, 16:52   #296
BHPian

I dont think any of the cars you have mentioned can seat 3 comfortably , although the wagonR would be the most uncomfortable. I do agree that they could have increased the width of the car in a truer sense and not by a few mm which is more technical than anything else.

I think they did not do it because then the wagonR would have become bigger and much more comfortable than the Swift and Ritz which are costlier and one segment higher.
Old 6th May 2010, 20:16   #297
Senior - BHPian

An example of how we see things vs how the potential buyer sees things. We are in the office pantry for the 11AM coffee when discussion veers to the new WagonR :

Guy1 : @SB, what do you think about the new WagonR ? The FE sounds sweet.
Me : Hear that it is good, though it has a 3-cyl engine.

Guy2 : So what ? We can always buy another (gas) cylinder. :-)

Guy1 : What's problem with a 3-cyl engine ?
Me : I understand that engine would sound harsher than a 4-cyl - bad NVH.

Guy1 : But the promised FE is just awesome. Any other good/bad stuff ?
Me : Looks like they have made the car a bit bigger. Though boot became smaller.

Guy1 : OK, so overall a good deal. I am thinking of exchanging my Alto for a WagonR.

Lessons learnt :
1. FE is king here. No wonder every manufacturer is having ARAI FE certification widely publicised.
2. Engine specs are a deal-breaker (if at all) only for the real petrol-heads who are anyway a minority and thus don't really matter as far as sales are concerned.
Old 6th May 2010, 20:18   #298
Senior - BHPian

@ Eddy, considering that I will be going in for a basic variant of WagonR say LXi, how would you rate it against similar spec. Spark? I'm looking 1 for my sis.
Old 7th May 2010, 07:43   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Lessons learnt :
1. FE is king here. No wonder every manufacturer is having ARAI FE certification widely publicised.
2. Engine specs are a deal-breaker (if at all) only for the real petrol-heads who are anyway a minority and thus don't really matter as far as sales are concerned.
See you hit the right nail, Majority of the people around dont really care a damn about the no. of cylilnders, they only care about the FE, space, Ease of Maintenance, all of which Maruti offers in various excellent packages.

It is only the petrolheads that are worried about 3/4 cylinders and Engine Responsiveness,
Old 14th May 2010, 14:29   #300
Senior - BHPian

@ Nut case - did u get your car? I was going through the initial reviews, couldn't find your thread. Planning to do a TD this weekend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks