Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2010, 02:08   #241
BHPian

When I received my Wagon-R (three years back), the factory-fitted air pressure was 40 psi. Later on enquiry, came to know that tyre pressure will be set high at factory (donno why).

@-NUT-case, may be high pressure is the reason for the bumpy feel of the steering.
Old 29th April 2010, 07:59   #242

Great Review.. but did they kill the auto tranny?

I know that this is probably the one in the 12 page question- but the earlier Wagon R was the only car in the Maruti stable of this size & price to sport the auto tranny- did this get carried over?
Old 29th April 2010, 09:37   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
I need a medal for being the first one!

Compared to the santro which i drive at present, the engine of the wagonr is more noisy and has more vibrations and my santro is nearly 10 years old. EDIT - The vibrations are felt only at idle and as rpm increases it smoothens out. But noise levels are significantly higher to a santros at higher rpms.
So do I. I managed to TD the car on saturday, a day after launch. I have posted my review here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-review-8.html
Old 29th April 2010, 10:24   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by independence View Post
I know that this is probably the one in the 12 page question- but the earlier Wagon R was the only car in the Maruti stable of this size & price to sport the auto tranny- did this get carried over?
Well - there's no mention of it. So guess its gone!
Not that it shall be missed though - wasn't exactly what you call "setting the charts on fire".
Some prefer to be more straight and call it one of the worst autoboxes ever to have been used.
What I think is that the old WagonR 3 speed AT box is largely responsible for public aversion to AT cars in general.
Old 29th April 2010, 10:48   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx2389 View Post
I can't imagine Maruti Suzuki continuing the discounts on Wagon R's previous model to the new one. The discounts were primarily to induce the prospective buyers to clear the old stock.

I don't forsee any discounts on new Wagon R atleast for first few months.
Maruti will not give any discounts in the first couple of years! The Ritz petrol did not have any discounts till the Figo was launched! The only car which maruti gave discounts in the first 6 months was the previous Zen estilo.
Old 29th April 2010, 11:01   #246
BHPian

I am guessing that the introduction of the new wagonR should result in a reduction in the second hand value of the old ones in a few months time. For someone on a budget of a couple of lakhs, do you think a 5 year old wagonR makes sense now? It is not a bad car by any means and will make sense for a lot of people, instead of spending the same on a new Nano, for instance.
Old 29th April 2010, 11:34   #247
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
So do I. I managed to TD the car on saturday, a day after launch. I have posted my review here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-review-8.html
Its directing to the wrong page nurni76. Here is the post-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1854144-post125.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Not that it shall be missed though
True!

Unlike the SX4, which comes with a modern autobox, the old 3 speed 'box in the WagonR had earned a name for being jurassic park stuff compared to Santro/ i10. Maruti should consider modern AT options for WagonR and Swift, along with SX4 IMO.
Old 29th April 2010, 11:49   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Am going in tomorrow for a back to back test drive of the WagonR and a Ritz ( Have to choose between a fully loaded Waggy or a Ritz Lxi petrol- both costs the same) . Guys please let me know if you need any specifics you need checked and i will try to do the same.
I am also in a situation comparable to yours. I would especially like to know whether the back row of the new WagonR can seat 3 adults like in a Santro/i10/Alto. Planning to get a car at my native. the war is betwwen the new Waggy/Ritz and a 2nd hand Swift. As of now the Waggy is the top contender for the post. Already have a Ritz in the family so thinking of going in for a different vehicle, but the K12M is a gem that's proving to be very hard to overlook.

Last edited by longhorn : 29th April 2010 at 11:53.
Old 29th April 2010, 11:57   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I am also in a situation comparable to yours. I would especially like to know whether the back row of the new WagonR can seat 3 adults like in a Santro/i10/Alto.
Well even the old WR was better when it came to rear space - compared to Santro and Alto. I guess the new one with even more legroom should be better.
Old 29th April 2010, 12:05   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Well even the old WR was better when it came to rear space - compared to Santro and Alto. I guess the new one with even more legroom should be better.
I find that hard to believe. I'm talking about seating space not ride comfort. I always thought that the Santro's rear bench could accomodate 3 people more comfortably than the old WagonR. In my books its like Santro > i10 > Alto > WagonR. Although the WagonR is taller, AFAIK, the Alto can seat 3 people with relatively better comfort than the WagonR.

Last edited by longhorn : 29th April 2010 at 12:07.
Old 29th April 2010, 12:16   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I find that hard to believe. I'm talking about seating space not ride comfort. I always thought that the Santro's rear bench could accomodate 3 people more comfortably than the old WagonR. In my books its like Santro > i10 > Alto > WagonR. Although the WagonR is taller, AFAIK, the Alto can seat 3 people with relatively better comfort than the WagonR.
I hope youare not comparing with the older generation WR with 50:50 split seats.

I am talking about the previous generation WagonR with flat bench. The seat width is nearly the same as Santro, but its more comfortable and has better leg room as well. Comparing with Alto would be a joke.

Last edited by DCEite : 29th April 2010 at 12:18.
Old 29th April 2010, 12:36   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope youare not comparing with the older generation WR with 50:50 split seats.

I am talking about the previous generation WagonR with flat bench. The seat width is nearly the same as Santro, but its more comfortable and has better leg room as well. Comparing with Alto would be a joke.
This is indeed good news. It that case the New WagonR should be able to pack in three at the rear comfortably(for its class).
Old 29th April 2010, 12:53   #253
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My WagonR is with 50:50 seats, and it simply isn't wide enough for 3 to sit in comfort! However, what it does best is- seat 2 with much better comfort than competition. (Specially the rear seats that recline individually, like the front ones!). Afterall, ours is a 3 member family and its only once in a blue moon that we squeeze in 3 adults at the rear.

The newer model is wider, and hence should be better!

This is from AutocarIndia May 2010-
"The rear seat is a touch too narrow to seat three in comfort, but for two the generous under thigh support and high seating position make it more comfortable than many B-segment cars"

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 29th April 2010 at 12:54.
Old 29th April 2010, 14:23   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Its directing to the wrong page nurni76. Here is the post-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1854144-post125.html
Thanks CrAzY dRiVeR for pointing it to the right post.
Old 29th April 2010, 18:10   #255
BHPian

Not sure If I am only one who feels that the rear looks like Versa. But anyway, I was surprised why the new facelift did not care for high-tail lights? Like the one in Ritz?

Did a quick photoshop job to check how it turns up, and I believe such design looks better than the present one.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-newwagonrrear.jpg  

rajeshsundaram is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks