Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 14:44   #316
Team-BHP Support

Henry: Yes, the depth and the overall capacity of the boot has reduced. This is because there is more interior space in the car for the passengers.

Dashboard is a little higher by design, I feel.

But overall, are you sure you are ok with purchasing another WR after 10 years if use of one ? I would have gotten bored

-NutCase- Don't worry, the FE will definitely increase. I hope you measured it using the tankful method ?
Old 17th May 2010, 15:05   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Why don't you consider Ritz with K-Series engine instead of the same car again? or may be Swift 1.2?
Exactly. Buy another WagonR wouldnt be an upgrade. If you want to remain in the Maruti family you can look at the Ritz, outside Maruti family Chevvy Beat is an awesome deal.
Old 17th May 2010, 15:08   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Checked the first mileage figures i was getting. Against a claimed mileage of 18.9 what i got was a shocker of 9.5 ( Full city BTB traffic with 100% Ac on). I was expecting 12-14 at the least. Might improve after first service.
9.5 IMHO is a bit too low even if it is a new engine. You might see a 10-15% improvement when the engine has run-in but not more. Did you calculate it using tank full to tank full method?
Old 17th May 2010, 15:10   #319

NUT-Case, Clevermax and Eddy

Thanks for your fedback and suggestions.

Well as Eddy has mentioned in his Signature, "Parking Space" is my biggest criteria. I do manage to Squeeze My Wagon-R and 2 other 2 -wheelers inside our portico just right. Any more increase in width and one of them will have to stand out of our house and if length increases then the car will have to go out. That is why i am comfortable with "small" exterior dimensions of WagonR. If i need to park outside i might be going for something big like an Innova, Xylo or something on those lines.

Ncase, Sorry to hear that New Wagonr is struggling to cope with AC in 1st and 2nd. My Old wagonr also struggles, that is why as soon as i near a speed breaker i switch of he AC and manage with the blowet till i go beyond 30 Kmph speed. I thought this is because my WagonR has become realy old.

Looks like i will continue with my old trusted wagonr for some more time. It still gives me 17-18 kmpl on highways, takes me upto 120 if i am in a mood for a few seconds otherwise moves on song at 90-100kmph. Does everything right and i will remain faithful for a couple of more months if not years. Will gift them a new pair of shoes for more miles of fun.

Thanks
Old 18th May 2010, 20:30   #320
SCH
BHPian

I saw the new Wagon R on road and tailed it for some time, just from the looks point of view. Its an UGLY DUCKLING. . I mean it is worse than the earlier model. THe new light assembly in front is so dispropotionate to the whole body. Also the gap between the bonet and the body is disgusting. These are my views from the visual point of view.

I would be doing the TD of the vehicle this week and would update accordingly.

But I am sure it would sell well due to the likeness by the general public.
Old 31st May 2010, 14:49   #321
Senior - BHPian

I did a short testdrive of the new WagonR last weekend and came back impressed. Its a huge improvement over the previous gen WagonR. It best suited for city driving. The only drawback I found was the lack of torque in 2nd gear. It feels okay if you are starting from standstill and moving up the gears. In case your have to slow down in traffic from say 4 to 2, then there is a lack of power while from pulling away in 2nd gear upto a certain rpm. I tested with the aircon on, so i don't know if there is a difference if the aircon is switched off.

The aircon was very good and the cabin got chilled within 5 minutes with the blower in 3rd position in Chennai in the evening around 4:30 pm. The seats are also quite comfortable for its class. Loads of legroom both in front and rear. I did not get the opportunity to take it to a high speed, but it felt always at home in the city drive I did.
Old 31st May 2010, 22:53   #322
BHPian

Looking at the response from Nutcase on New Wagon R , i did some research on the reviews given by different forums on net about the new Wagon R. All seem to be positive especially on the mileage front .

Infact I was planning to get my parents one of these and take the old Zen for me . Lack of powersteering and low seating started taking toll on them . But then listening to these, well I dont know!!I also wanted a car with much better fuel efficiency than the carburated Zen .

@ Nutcase , Any good news from Maruti folks on the mileage front ?

Is there any more owners of New wagonR here to confirm if the mileage is only on the papers or does it get transfered to the road ?
Old 31st May 2010, 23:16   #323
Senior - BHPian

Its really such an irony how the reviews are coming in this thread. One says its good and within next two threads there is another one saying it looks terrible.

IMHO, dont think there would have been any car which would have evoked so much of a mixed response.

OK time to give my opinion, to me it looked way more solid than the older WagonR, funnily I got reminded of the Sumo Grande, not sure what part of it made me think like that, but I guess its the deliberately rounded sides which makes me feel that way.
I mean when you compare a Sumo Grande and a Sumo only difference is the deliberately rounded corners ditto with the WagonR.
Old 1st June 2010, 10:32   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Its really such an irony how the reviews are coming in this thread. One says its good and within next two threads there is another one saying it looks terrible.

IMHO, dont think there would have been any car which would have evoked so much of a mixed response.
Well looks are subjective. What one person likes may not be of similar interest to another. That said one cannot expect the WagonR to look like a Ferrari. It is designed for a purpose and within that framework it looks pretty good, especially when compared to the previous gen WagonR. It loses the plot when one starts comparing its looks with the Beat, Swift, Figo etc though personally I prefer the looks of the WagonR to the Beat.

AFAIK, there are only two new WagonR owners currently on the forum. Kamesh has yet to post FE figures while nutcase is yet to open his thread though he has posted that he got an FE of 9.5 only on his first tankful in city traffic. That seems to be awefully low especially when we have seen the AStar consistently deliver 20+ highway figures with the same motor.

Last edited by longhorn : 1st June 2010 at 10:38.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:11   #325
BHPian

Didn't the new WagonR have steering-mounted audio controls? I vaguely remember Maruti's advertisement saying so.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:27   #326
SCH
BHPian

[quote=bansal98;1915131]Didn't the new WagonR have steering-mounted audio controls? I vaguely remember Maruti's advertisement saying so.[/QUOTE]

No it does not have steering - mounted audio controls. I test drove the top end model with ABS / air bag and it did not have them.

Last edited by SCH : 1st June 2010 at 12:28.
Old 24th June 2010, 13:30   #327
BHPian

Can any one pls give me contact source/mail of maruti .My friend has booked a wagon-r vxi on 24may the promised date of delivery was 25 jun.Now the delear is saying it will be sometime next month and he is not ready to give an exact date of delivery.What he says is that there was a lock out in maruti factory because of some strike.
Old 24th June 2010, 18:33   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

-NutCase- Don't worry, the FE will definitely increase. I hope you measured it using the tankful method ?
Sorry for the late reply Eddy. I was kinda busy with my ownership report and road trip which i have posted here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ew-fe-fig.html

I have posted more detailed FE figures there measured using tankful to tankful method.

The first fill was till cutoff and second fill was till tankful , hence the FE figure posted here might be off by about 2 Km/L.
Old 25th June 2010, 21:16   #329
BHPian

Took a test drive of the WagonR VXi today (am looking for a car for my wife), what totally turned me off on the test vehicle was the fact that both the can holders were malfunctioning. The driver side and the passenger side can holders were broken and wouldn't lock when closed. Secondly the electric ORVM adjustment knob was broken.
Is this all due to flimsy plastic quality ? Or is it due to abuse of the test vehicle ?

I asked the sales guy whether the can holders were covered under warranty and his answer was nope since they are plastic parts. Nuts ! I'm gonna think twice before putting my cash on the car.
Old 26th June 2010, 14:55   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Is this all due to flimsy plastic quality ? Or is it due to abuse of the test vehicle ?
I was informed that the glass holder malfunction is a manufacturing defect. The feedback has been given to maruti and they should be rectifying it in the newer cars. For the first batch, in case of breakage it should be replaced.

The ORVM knob in my car is quite solid upto a point ie if it used by someone who knows what it is for and uses it accordingly. If someone who has no idea of its use yanks it around I am sure it is going to break.

The quality of plastics is a step ahead of the other Maruti cars, but can be improved further compared to Figo or Beat.

The glass holder has to be pushed to open it. In case it is pulled the clip locking it in place breaks. Some of the other clips that keep plastic parts locked in place is also poorly designed and wouldnt last a single instance of removing and fitting again.

Case in point, the plastic shroud under the ORVMs. Clips holding them in place have broken on both sides for me. Happened when i was getting sun film for the windows and the guys removed them to install the film.

Last edited by -NUT-case : 26th June 2010 at 15:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks