Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2016, 21:05   #631
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Has anyone upgraded the tyres on their WagonR (preferably VXi)? I am looking at upgraded the stock 155/65 R14 spec tyres to 175/65 R14 and I am worried about the tyres scrapping the wheel wells. So has anyone done such mods (on stock wheels)?

Also, among the makes, which one is preferable: Yoko A-Drives, Michelin XM2 or Falken Sincera? The priorities are a plush ride, much better dry and wet grips and not being prone to punctures. I'm okay with slightly less tyre life if it comes as a trade off.
I'm also having the same requirement. Please do share your suggestions/experience. Thank you.
Old 27th June 2016, 10:03   #632
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravradha View Post
I'm also having the same requirement. Please do share your suggestions/experience. Thank you.
I'm yet to change my tyres till now. From what I have gathered, it might be slightly 'safer' to go with 165/65 R14 than a 175 patch. I'm still confused about the make. When I finalized the Michelin, I read this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3994141
and this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...e-failure.html

Then, I did some research on Falken Sincera and read neutral to positive reviews. But I came across this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...wall-flex.html

Now, I don't know which is the lesser of the two evils. Or if I should go with Earth 1.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 10:15   #633
BHPian

Ok, I have F10D Wagon R, stock were 145/70 R13 Changed to 155/65 R13, on the same Steel Rims, due age related degradation of rubber.
I researched all known brands, and went finally for Yoko Earth 1 series. Seems to have good tread pattern. But then, I have to go for really long drives to observe how they perform.
For sure, Yoko are silent than MRF 145/70 Stock.
Also, inspected Steel rim for any rusting, They are fine. absolutely no rust.Please note i keep my vehicle outside on Road exposed to sun, rain , mud etc.

I will write detailed writeup later with pictures.
navrddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 22:44   #634
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone tried CNG'ing the AMT version ? Since Maruti doesn't have a combo of AMT + CNG, just checking to see whether someone has retrofitted the CNG kit on an AMT variant.

Requesting to provide the details if you any of you have done it. Even if you guys have come across / driven a car as mentioned above, please do provide your feedback.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 21:19   #635
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
I have recently changed my 2012 Wagon R VXi's tyres to Bridgestone B250. I did consider Yokohama Earth 1, however the price difference was a substantial Rs 4500/- over the Bridgestone B250, and moreover at 175/65 R14 for the Yokos, I wasn't confident over the ride and handling, so decided to go ahead for Bridgestone B250 155/65 R14 stock tyres. Am happy so far with the performance. 4 Tyres + WA WB + N2 cost me Rs 13500/-
PVS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 09:33   #636
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Finally, I upgraded my tyres to Yokohama Earth 1s 165/65 R14. Have covered 100+ kms in the city and a high speed ring road run for 30 kms. The most noticeable change is that the ride is much more comfortable now. These tyres (softer and higher sidewall) absorb bumps 20% better. Didn't feel much difference at higher speeds and corners but the grip is very good. The car feels a bit sluggish but it might be my imagination. Will confirm with time if the tyres affect the acceleration and FE.

Another observation, since the tyres are much less noisy than the outgoing set, the car's engine noise seems amplified at higher RPMs/speeds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
I have recently changed my 2012 Wagon R VXi's tyres to Bridgestone B250. I did consider Yokohama Earth 1, however the price difference was a substantial Rs 4500/- over the Bridgestone B250, and moreover at 175/65 R14 for the Yokos, I wasn't confident over the ride and handling, so decided to go ahead for Bridgestone B250 155/65 R14 stock tyres. Am happy so far with the performance. 4 Tyres + WA WB + N2 cost me Rs 13500/-
You could have tried 165 section Yoko tyres. After my upgrade, even I feel 175 section would be a bit too much for the small engine.

Last edited by ashis89 : 1st August 2016 at 09:46.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 08:00   #637
BHPian

Even after I felt sluggish, after upgrading to yoko earth1 series. I am baffled why this happens, maybe old tyres was giving noise than existing Yoko's during acceleration?.
Recently went to highway, certainly grip levels are increased and tyre noise decreased after yoko upgrades.
Now engine noisei is getting more relevant than tyre noise.

Will post FE figures, once I complete full tank with new tyres.
Old 8th August 2016, 16:12   #638
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrddy View Post
Even after I felt sluggish, after upgrading to yoko earth1 series. I am baffled why this happens, maybe old tyres was giving noise than existing Yoko's during acceleration?.
Recently went to highway, certainly grip levels are increased and tyre noise decreased after yoko upgrades.
Now engine noisei is getting more relevant than tyre noise.

Will post FE figures, once I complete full tank with new tyres.
It's not about the noise for sure. I have noticed that the I need to down shift to 1st gear at the places where I could go in the 2nd. This is my daily route that I am talking about and so I am double sure. This especially noticeable with the AC on. I also miss the pull from the engine which was there post 3k RPM.

Thinking that the pressure might be low, I checked the tyre pressure today at my regular petrol bunk. It was 35 all-round. Got it reduced to 32 (have been using it for the past 1 year) and will observe for a week. Needless to say, the ride feels even better with 32 psi all round.

I have covered 350+ kms after the tyres change, all within the city. Will tank up over the weekend and share the FE.
Old 15th August 2016, 21:24   #639
BHPian

Here are the stats:

Got FE of around 18.3 KMPL with speeds 80-95 KMPH with 100% AC on BLR-HYD Highway.
Got Tankful of 30L to 550 KMS range with YOKO earth1 series.
Highway feel of new tyres: Certainly feels more confident than earlier stock 145/70 R13 MRF's. But at speeds more than 80 KMPH, Engine noise gets more prominent now than earlier.

I guess around 80-85 KMPH is comfortable speed for Waggy,
Irrespective of tires: Car feels nervous after 90 KMPH

Load: 3 Adults + 2 Kids + Full Luggage
Tyre Pressure: 32 PSI (i have own Coido Analogue Gauge)
Old 16th August 2016, 11:12   #640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here are the stats:

Got FE of around 18.3 KMPL with speeds 80-95 KMPH with 100% AC on BLR-HYD Highway.
Got Tankful of 30L to 550 KMS range with YOKO earth1 series.
Highway feel of new tyres: Certainly feels more confident than earlier stock 145/70 R13 MRF's. But at speeds more than 80 KMPH, Engine noise gets more prominent now than earlier.

I guess around 80-85 KMPH is comfortable speed for Waggy,
Irrespective of tires: Car feels nervous after 90 KMPH

Load: 3 Adults + 2 Kids + Full Luggage
Tyre Pressure: 32 PSI (i have own Coido Analogue Gauge)
First tankful after tyre change returned a FE of 14.3 kmpl, 100% city 70% AC. This is almost in line with what the car had been returning till date.

As stated earlier, the ride is remarkably good now. I have been comfortable taking the car to early 3-digit speeds and now, it feels slightly better. Braking is also improved since the outgoing tyres were 5 years old and pretty hard. They were prone to locking under sudden braking.

Due to reduced tyre noise, the engine makes all the racket. The engine also feels a bit more laborious and strained.
Old 16th August 2016, 11:27   #641
BANNED

service manual of K10B engine if anyone is interested .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf K10B.pdf (9.90 MB, 7568 views)
greatmana2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 20:44   #642
BHPian

Quote:
I am running 165/65 R14 setup in my wagon r vxi without any issues. I hope this helps.
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 20:56   #643
BHPian

I am facing a very peculiar issue with my car. There is a metal to metal rubbing noise that comes after the vehicle has run for 4-5 kms. I have taken my car several times to service center but the issue has not been resolved. They have removed the front tyres, cleaned the front brakes, tightened all the underbody nuts and bolts. The underbody is clean and there are no leaks.

The issue is still not gone and the noise is very much audible in surroundings like office parking, night time when there is no traffic.
Any pointers / help will be much appreciated.

Old 22nd September 2016, 23:01   #644
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Car feels nervous after 90 KMPH]..
The current gen Wagon R (blue eyed boy) actually fares much better on the dynamics front. I had taken it to a much higher speed on NH and was pleasantly surprised at the improvement over the previous gen Wagon R. The old one had its limits at 90 kmph, the new one is better, much much better. What spoils is the dead steering feel (pretty much the same feel or lack of it, in both generations).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
I am facing a very peculiar issue with my car. There is a metal to metal rubbing noise that comes after the vehicle has run for 4-5 kms....

The issue is still not gone and the noise is very much audible in surroundings like office parking, night time when there is no traffic.
Any pointers / help will be much appreciated...
Have you checked the engine bay yet? Could be some pulleys / belts. The video had some other noise too (was the music running at very low volume?) and hence identifying this was difficult; though I could hear it.

If possible, take help from a friend of yours and try to reproduce the noise by keeping the bonnet open. You could also check it while your friend drives. PLEASE BE EXTRA CAUTIOUS WHEN YOU DO IT as visibility to the front will be impacted. At least once you trace the noise bit, trouble shooting will be easier. You may not get to know the actual noise location while sitting in a car.

PS: Noticed that you were cranking the car with the lights ON. Please avoid that. It's suggested to have all the electrical accessories & AC switched off while cranking to reduce the load on the alternator.
Old 22nd September 2016, 23:21   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Have you checked the engine bay yet? Could be some pulleys / belts. The video had some other noise too (was the music running at very low volume?) and hence identifying this was difficult; though I could hear it.

If possible, take help from a friend of yours and try to reproduce the noise by keeping the bonnet open. You could also check it while your friend drives. PLEASE BE EXTRA CAUTIOUS WHEN YOU DO IT as visibility to the front will be impacted. At least once you trace the noise bit, trouble shooting will be easier. You may not get to know the actual noise location while sitting in a car.

PS: Noticed that you were cranking the car with the lights ON. Please avoid that. It's suggested to have all the electrical accessories & AC switched off while cranking to reduce the load on the alternator.
Thanks for your reply
1. Music was not playing.
2. If you notice in the video I am repeatedly backing up and driving a few meters ahead to capture the noise. I was holding mobile in one hand to capture video so there was no way to switch off lights and crank. I follow this practice religiously though.
3. The noise comes only after driving for 3-5 kms so it is difficult to follow the method adivsed by you. Plus the noise is only audible in quiet surroundings.
4. I have taken the car 3 times to Pratham motors and have test driven my kar for approx 50 kms on rough roads, but due to traffic noise the service person never hears the noise.
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks