Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2010, 20:06   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
When I received my Wagon-R (three years back), the factory-fitted air pressure was 40 psi. Later on enquiry, came to know that tyre pressure will be set high at factory (donno why).

@-NUT-case, may be high pressure is the reason for the bumpy feel of the steering.
Will try to get the pressure checked before next TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I am also in a situation comparable to yours. I would especially like to know whether the back row of the new WagonR can seat 3 adults like in a Santro/i10/Alto. Planning to get a car at my native. the war is betwwen the new Waggy/Ritz and a 2nd hand Swift. As of now the Waggy is the top contender for the post. Already have a Ritz in the family so thinking of going in for a different vehicle, but the K12M is a gem that's proving to be very hard to overlook.
The wagon R definitely cannot accommodate 3 in comfort at the rear . It is too narrow. I feel santro is better at seating 3 in comfort at rear. To me the i10 looks smaller overall than the santro.

Just like you, for me, the engine of the ritz is its biggest USP compared to the waggy . In all other respects the WagonR VXI holds its own against the Ritz Lxi.

Just did a TD of the Ritz today. The car is miles ahead of the waggy in terms of engine noise, handling, engine smoothness as well as pick up in any gear. But in the city, the waggy would definitely be a little easier to use than the ritz ( as far as visibilty ,ease of driving ). Also the steering in the waggy is lighter than the ritz(good for city driving).

Will do the back to back tomm and make my decision . Will let you guys know.
Old 29th April 2010, 21:21   #257
BHPian

Hello guys,
i have a question to ask. What would be the replacement+repair cost once the airbag is used?( i mean just for the airbag replacement and the few parts associated to it)
When i asked the dealer, he said it would be approximately Rs. 1 Lac for its replacement! :-O
Is this true? But, the vxi version with airbag+ABS costs just around 35 k over the regular vxi!!!
i hope someone could clear my doubt! thank you.
Old 29th April 2010, 22:29   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Hello guys,
i have a question to ask. What would be the replacement+repair cost once the airbag is used?( i mean just for the airbag replacement and the few parts associated to it)
When i asked the dealer, he said it would be approximately Rs. 1 Lac for its replacement! :-O
Is this true? But, the vxi version with airbag+ABS costs just around 35 k over the regular vxi!!!

The dealer is right, airbags are pretty expensive to replace.
Old 29th April 2010, 22:42   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Hello guys,
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
The dealer is right, airbags are pretty expensive to replace.
IMO the price difference between 35K and 1 lakh is due to the fact they replace the entire dash together with the steering wheel.
Old 29th April 2010, 22:45   #260
Team-BHP Support

The third passenger in the rear seat will indeed be a tight fit.
Old 29th April 2010, 22:46   #261
BHPian

Hey guys,all this talk of replacing airbags,i think in case they deploy,the car would have probably totalled on impact andonly good for scrap!
Old 29th April 2010, 22:47   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Hey guys,all this talk of replacing airbags,i think in case they deploy,the car would have probably totalled on impact andonly good for scrap!

inded thats the maximum of cases. But a small percentage might be due to sensor malfunction etc.
Old 29th April 2010, 22:53   #263
BHPian

I am yet to see/hear about airbags deploying by malfunction.are they statistically significant?please enlighten.
Old 29th April 2010, 22:59   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
I am yet to see/hear about airbags deploying by malfunction.are they statistically significant?please enlighten.

Neither have I ! But with all sensor based systems this has a chance, albeit VERY low - to go kaput.
Old 29th April 2010, 23:00   #265
Team-BHP Support

Unlikely, but in the event that it happens it should be covered under warranty. (at least till the car is covered)
Old 29th April 2010, 23:12   #266
BHPian

sorry for being off topic, but please check this:Airbag Malfunctions on the Rise
Old 30th April 2010, 08:41   #267
BHPian

Thank you guys for all your reply's. I am sure the 35k difference is worth the safety it gives to our lives.
BTW, when i asked the showroom guy whether the replacement of airbag gets covered in the insurance in case of an accident, the answer was a sure NO! . Why not? isn't that considered to be a damage caused by the accident?
Old 30th April 2010, 18:20   #268

Hmm No LPG version

Does any one know if WagonR might comeout with DUO. It is a shame if they dont,
Old 30th April 2010, 23:37   #269
BHPian

Well did the back to back TD of RITZ and WAGONR and have decided to go in for the wagonR. The Ritz has a much better engine and handling and you get free accesories with it, i felt the wagonR would be a much better car for a city.

Straight sides , light steering, FE, visibility and a feeling of space and airiness are the wagonR's strong points.

I did check the air pressure this time and guess what the pressure was!
44 45 45 and 55 . The recommended pressure is 33 for all four wheels.
The sales person had no idea about the tire pressure and was even unsure if it was OK to take the vehicle back to the showroom with the reduced pressure.

After correcting the pressure the judder i felt from the steering wheel had definitely reduced and ride quality was improved.

You still feel the engine vibration on the steering wheel but it is very mild.

The AC has a perceptible effect on pick up but is very negligible and has no effect in normal driving speeds in the city.

The radiator is not too close to the front bumper but i dont know what kind of protection the feather lite bumpers nowadays might provide.

The body roll you feel on cornering is uncomfortable only above 50-55 kmph. The car is quite stable otherwise.

OTR for vxi is 4,31000 in chennai.

Am thinking of booking the bakers chocolate in VXI trim.

No freebies! at all. When i asked about the 5L fuel coupon, the answer was "We fill 5L at the yard and at the most 1-2 L are spent bringing it to the showroom. So you will be left with 3L in the car"

I guess i wont even get the coupon!
Old 1st May 2010, 00:39   #270
BHPian

^^Nice review there. You are right that Wagon-R is a much better city car than Ritz, though Ritz has its own strengths.

The tyre pressure of 33 is also on higher side (Maruti recommends 33 to get max FE). I always keep 30 for my Wagon-R and the car behaved much better all the time.

Also, please change the tyres to Michelin as soon as you buy the car. The handling of the car will improve drastically. I had a great experience with Michelins on my Wagon-R. Also, consider upsizing the tyres to 165.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks