Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:26   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki A-Star Auto - Road Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiaferrari View Post
At least good to hear some cars are trickling in... With whom did you book the car?
I booked from Indus Motors, Trivandrum. The red colored one was offered to me because someone got fed up with the waiting period and cancelled his booking.
Old 23rd February 2011, 19:21   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
I booked from Indus Motors, Trivandrum. The red colored one was offered to me because someone got fed up with the waiting period and cancelled his booking.
What is the reported delivery time for an A-Star in Bangalore now?
Is it still running at 3 months or has it reduced?

Prajwal
Old 23rd February 2011, 22:25   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
The only color, which I clearly mentioned I would not want was Red. I was OK with any color, and the most preffered was Sunlight Copper, which I got anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
What is the reported delivery time for an A-Star in Bangalore now?
Is it still running at 3 months or has it reduced?

Prajwal
I believe it is 3 months more or less everywhere. When I had checked with one of the dealers in January, I was told it would take 2 - 3 months. But I got mine from Kerala much quicker...
Old 24th February 2011, 10:23   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe it is 3 months more or less everywhere. When I had checked with one of the dealers in January, I was told it would take 2 - 3 months. But I got mine from Kerala much quicker...
When I booked A-star Automatic on 03 Dec 2011, I was quoted a waiting period of 6 months. 3.5 months over, still counting
Old 10th March 2011, 17:50   #155
BANNED

Guys, mine has done 2400 km now, car has become more peppier than before or may be I am used to it more than before. Waiting for 2nd service and after effect.
Last month had chance to go on Noida- Greater Noida flyway, I didn't check it for speeds but was ok for me with stable at the speed of 120 kmph and got an average of about 20-22 kmpl on this flyway ( remember this flyway is nonstop )
Old 19th March 2011, 23:52   #156
BHPian

Just booked my A-Star Auto today at Sagar Automobiles Bannerghatta road Blore. They are quoting a 1-2 months waiting period. The requirements for us were

a) Will be used 90% by wifey
b) City only driving and within 5KM radius of home. Primarily for taking kids here and there
c) First time she is driving and she seems comfortable with AT as she did very well driving the civic AT
d) Mileage and maintenance was a consideration thrown into the overall mix

So when we started looking (early Jan) we looked primarily at MSIL cars. We almost decided to book the Zen estilo in feb but waited for sometime. In the meanwhile we also saw the ritz, i10 AT and the beat

Finally it came down to the fact that she is very comfy with an AT so that ruled out beat, zen and ritz (they really need a AT for the ritz)
So between i10 and A-star it was no brainer as I already own an Accent and the maintenance is simply way too much. Hyundai cars need twice a year maintenance while the A-star is only once a year. Wife also liked the test drive of the a-star better. Coupled with that the horrendous FE reports of i10 AT inside city was pretty much a killer for us. So finally today we booked it.
Color first choice is the bright red, followed by gray.

With the 30K discount the on-road come to 5.02L. Will negotiate for sun film or remote locking during delivery.

I am 5'10 and wife is 5'6. We both felt that rear leg room was not bad and not that great as well. This was not a killer as its basically the two kids who will be there most of the time. ABS/EBD was a nice touch that I liked. Pity they dont have a ZXi AT with air bags. Boot space...well what boot space? Again not a killer as its usage is to move kids around here and there. We had 4 adults and 2 Kids when I test drove. The response from 0 was pretty decent (no match for the civic ) but I didnt get a chance to drive on the ring road. Again not a killer as its wifey who will be using this one more than I and she doesnt care about silly things such as mid range acceleration, torque and gear ratios. The AC was decent and did well to cool the fully loaded interiors. Again wife is the kind who wears a sweater during summers so I dont think she will be using the AC as much!

In terms of dealer, Sagar was very nice as compared to others. The staff was very helpful and they also had the A-star AT for test drive (good touch as not all dealers have the AT for the test drive). Overall very pleasant and a good feel.

So now comes the tough part of waiting for the call.
Old 18th April 2011, 12:23   #157
BHPian

Am still anxiously waiting for my A-Start Automatic. Called sagar and the sales rep confirmed that it might take some more time.

Does anyone know how to expedite this a little and help me get my car? Any contacts in Maruti whom I can get in touch with?
Old 18th April 2011, 14:05   #158
Senior - BHPian

It would help to include folks at the MSIL Blore office in the loop, requesting to expedite delivery, now that you have already waited a month. I had booked at Kerala and got the Trivandrum office of MSIL involved, who helped speed up delivery.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2011, 18:50   #159
BHPian

Booked an A-Star AT on 21/April/2011 at AVG motors, Tiruvalla, Kerala. Car is intended for my dad -- as a replacement for his 2002 Maruti 800. He learned driving after retirement and had never been comfortable with the manual shift. He was looking to upgrade to an Alto K10 but I insisted on going for an automatic, considering his age and driving skills.

Car was brought home for test drive and it became an instantaneous hit with my dad. He was happy with the burden free driving experience without clutch and gear and stopped pushing for the Alto.

Booked non-metallic red. Dealer is quoting a waiting period of 45 days. I was going through other booking experiences in this thread and is really doubting the claim of 45 days. We are long time Maruti customers. Will calling Maruti headquarters help to reduce waiting period ?

Last edited by B103 : 22nd April 2011 at 19:01.
Old 23rd April 2011, 09:47   #160
Senior - BHPian

@B103, opting for A-Star instead of the K10 would be one decision your Dad would be thankful to you for. Apart from making driving simpler due to the AT, you also get a better built car and many features missing on the K10, including ABS and driver-seat height adjustment.

I do believe involving Maruti HQ would help bring down the waiting period. And ofcourse constantly following up with the dealer.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2011, 13:17   #161
BANNED

Due to earthquake in Japan the wait may become longer as Automatic gear box is sourced from Japan and Maruti is commited to export A-Star more than selling locally as they know we Indians will wait for the that one we like than going for other options available in the market.
Old 23rd April 2011, 13:23   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
Booked an A-Star AT on 21/April/2011 at AVG motors, Tiruvalla, Kerala. Car is intended for my dad -- as a replacement for his 2002 Maruti 800. He learned driving after retirement and had never been comfortable with the manual shift. He was looking to upgrade to an Alto K10 but I insisted on going for an automatic, considering his age and driving skills.
In my personal opinion, with the kind of traffic we have, assuming you are from Kottayam, it would be a much better option to go with A-Star AT. It is becomming really frustrating now a days, to see these traffic jams due to traffic mismanagement and lack of road ethics.

Quote:
Car was brought home for test drive and it became an instantaneous hit with my dad. He was happy with the burden free driving experience without clutch and gear and stopped pushing for the Alto.

Booked non-metallic red. Dealer is quoting a waiting period of 45 days. I was going through other booking experiences in this thread and is really doubting the claim of 45 days. We are long time Maruti customers. Will calling Maruti headquarters help to reduce waiting period ?
I booked mine from Popular Kottayam. Also spoke to the Maruti regional head office as well as communicated with the Maruti guys. I was promised delivery in around 3 months, but got my car in flat 18 days. It also helped to be a customer of Maruti and Popular for 25 years. Both the Maruti guys as well as Popular guys were extremely helpful in getting this done. And the best part, I got the color I wanted too...

BTW, what discounts are you getting on the car??

Did you check with a bigger dealer like Popular? For me, based on my experience, I will only go to Popular in Kerala. Personal experience and choice.
scuderiaferrari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2011, 13:26   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
Am still anxiously waiting for my A-Start Automatic. Called sagar and the sales rep confirmed that it might take some more time.

Does anyone know how to expedite this a little and help me get my car? Any contacts in Maruti whom I can get in touch with?
Get in touch with the regional head office. Also try and reach out to the HQ office too.. These were the things which helped me. I got the car delivered, in the color of my choice, in little over half a month. Probably, a record for A-Star AT (currently).
scuderiaferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2011, 21:17   #164
BHPian

Quote:
In my personal opinion, with the kind of traffic we have, assuming you are from Kottayam, it would be a much better option to go with A-Star AT. It is becomming really frustrating now a days, to see these traffic jams due to traffic mismanagement and lack of road ethics.
I agree with you. Yes, I am from Kottayam and with the kind of hilly terrain and traffic blocks we have, it makes sense esp for elderly as well as ladies to go for an AT.

Quote:
I booked mine from Popular Kottayam. Also spoke to the Maruti regional head office as well as communicated with the Maruti guys. I was promised delivery in around 3 months, but got my car in flat 18 days. It also helped to be a customer of Maruti and Popular for 25 years. Both the Maruti guys as well as Popular guys were extremely helpful in getting this done. And the best part, I got the color I wanted too...

BTW, what discounts are you getting on the car??

Did you check with a bigger dealer like Popular? For me, based on my experience, I will only go to Popular in Kerala. Personal experience and choice.
We checked with Popular at Kottayam too. But their offer was only marginally better than what was offered at AVG. The discount amount offered by AVG as applicable last week was Rs 22,000. But they attached a disclaimer that the real discount as given will be whatever available as per company policy, at the time of delivery -- may be more or may be less than 22k. This looked a bit tricky to me. Also, the usual freebies like mud flap and mats too are included in the package. We booked by paying 5k in advance.
Old 25th April 2011, 11:37   #165
BHPian

Ok after waiting for 5 weeks finally I got the call today from my sales rep stating that the car has been dispatched from the factory. Now its a wait for the car to arrive into Bangalore followed by PDI/registration etc. This give me about 10 days to arrange my finances.

Quote:
Now a days (in blr) when you book a A* AT they specify a 1-2 month wait period. Things started moving when I got in touch with MSIL through their website. As suggested earlier book the car, wait for a few days and then start calling your dealer and MSIL as well. It helps.

In terms of discount, The on road price in BLR is 5,36,798. I am getting 25K maruti discount + 3K corp discount (Note that the discount is applicable in the month of delivery. In march the discount was 35K + 3K). Dealer is including mats/mud-flap/idol/perfume. Since the AT really comes with everything except remote central locking, this is the only accessory I am planning for now. The MGA remote central locking costs about 5.75K but the dealer promised me some discount on it.

Last edited by ash_blore : 25th April 2011 at 11:39.
ash_blore is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks