Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 18:23   #166
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki A-Star Auto - Road Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
Ok after waiting for 5 weeks finally I got the call today from my sales rep stating that the car has been dispatched from the factory. Now its a wait for the car to arrive into Bangalore followed by PDI/registration etc. This give me about 10 days to arrange my finances.
Great, congratulations.

Quote:
Now a days (in blr) when you book a A* AT they specify a 1-2 month wait period. Things started moving when I got in touch with MSIL through their website. As suggested earlier book the car, wait for a few days and then start calling your dealer and MSIL as well. It helps.
Others too are suggesting the same approach. It should be working in that case. Thanks.

Quote:
In terms of discount, The on road price in BLR is 5,36,798. I am getting 25K maruti discount + 3K corp discount (Note that the discount is applicable in the month of delivery. In march the discount was 35K + 3K). Dealer is including mats/mud-flap/idol/perfume. Since the AT really comes with everything except remote central locking, this is the only accessory I am planning for now. The MGA remote central locking costs about 5.75K but the dealer promised me some discount on it.
We too got 22k Maruti discount + 2k senior citizen discount + mats/mud-flap/idol etc.
Now, how about Sun films ? I believe Maruti is not going to provide it. Reverse parking sensors and centrol lock should be useful as well. Dealer warned us that Maruti's warranty would become void if we get these installed outside because it requires tampering of electrical circuits -- which will be a volation of the warranty clause. It is for sure cheaper outside than Maruti's.

Last edited by B103 : 25th April 2011 at 18:25.
Old 25th April 2011, 20:41   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Due to earthquake in Japan the wait may become longer as Automatic gear box is sourced from Japan and Maruti is commited to export A-Star more than selling locally as they know we Indians will wait for the that one we like than going for other options available in the market.
As per the executive through whom I booked, none of the parts of A-star AT are sourced from Japan. Hence the Japan earthquake shouldn't affect the waiting period (as per him).
Old 27th April 2011, 13:13   #168
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
As per the executive through whom I booked, none of the parts of A-star AT are sourced from Japan. Hence the Japan earthquake shouldn't affect the waiting period (as per him).
I don't know but one of the President at maruti factory, through whom I bought my car and delivered the same day to dealer, had told me this and thats why delay in delivery of the car other than export commitment of A*.
Old 28th April 2011, 10:46   #169
Senior - BHPian

I got my Silky Silver A-star Automatic yesterday.
I am a bit busy through out this week, so replies may be delayed - but shoot any questions you have.

I had booked on 03 Dec 2010, that means a waiting of almost 5 months.
Since I didn't want the car so urgently, I did not call Maruti higher ups for speedy delivery.

Maruti had increased prices 2 times after my booking (total increase of around 3000 Rs). Insurance also was increased by 500 Rs yesterday, so the new on-road price comes close to 4.9 Lakhs.

I got a cash discount of 22K + Corporate discount 3K.

As of now, I'm lovin it...
Old 28th April 2011, 14:22   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti had increased prices 2 times after my booking (total increase of around 3000 Rs). Insurance also was increased by 500 Rs yesterday, so the new on-road price comes close to 4.9 Lakhs.

Awesome jino and congrats. Now i cant wait for it. AT will be excellent in bangalore as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
We too got 22k Maruti discount + 2k senior citizen discount + mats/mud-flap/idol etc.
Now, how about Sun films ? I believe Maruti is not going to provide it. Reverse parking sensors and centrol lock should be useful as well. Dealer warned us that Maruti's warranty would become void if we get these installed outside because it requires tampering of electrical circuits -- which will be a volation of the warranty clause. It is for sure cheaper outside than Maruti's.

A* comes with slightly tinted windows (I think sales rep mentioned 15%). So I am not planning for an upgrade anytime soon. At least will wait for a month as this car is for the wife and I dont know if she will like the tint as much. Will let her decide.
Reverse sensor again probably not during delivery and maybe a bit later as well. However, I will get the remote locking done during delivery itself. I think its around 5.5K.
Old 28th April 2011, 19:54   #171
BHPian

Quote:
I am a bit busy through out this week, so replies may be delayed - but shoot any questions you have.

Since I didn't want the car so urgently, I did not call Maruti higher ups for speedy delivery.

Excellant. Congratulations JinoJohn. Enjoy your new car

Called up Maruti regional center at Cochin for the first time today. They promised to check the status. Requested me to call next Saturday again.

I kind of feel that it may still take time but wait time can be reduced to something like a month.
Old 28th April 2011, 20:31   #172
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations on your new car. 5 months is a long time! looking forward to your ownership report. Drive safe!
Old 29th April 2011, 14:15   #173
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Saanil, B103, ash_blore for your wishes.

A-star Automatic is available only in Vxi model. The only difference between the Manual Vxi and the Automatic Vxi is the addition of ABS/EBD in automatic Vxi.

Other standard features include Power Steering, A/C, Power windows (front and rear), Central Locking (without remote), Stereo (single CD/MP3 and iPod input) with 2 front speakers, Manually Foldable outside mirrors (with Manual internal adjust), remote boot opener (manual), Driver seat height adjust, Cigaret Lighter/12V power source, Tubeless tyres, Full Wheel Cup, Body colored bumpers, etc.

Right now I am planning only a seat cover and Sunfilm as accessories. I might think about reverse camera later, If I am able to find a good wireless reverse camera (one that doesn't need any wire cutting, and can be connected to 12V cigaret lighter adapter).
Old 30th April 2011, 12:00   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Saanil, B103, ash_blore for your wishes.

A-star Automatic is available only in Vxi model. The only difference between the Manual Vxi and the Automatic Vxi is the addition of ABS/EBD in automatic Vxi.
Price difference between manual Vxi and AT is approximately 50k. You get AT gear box+ABS/EBD for 50K extra and that is a good deal. I have seen that an AT gear box itself alone will cost close to 1 Lac extra.

Quote:
Other standard features include Power Steering, A/C, Power windows (front and rear), Central Locking (without remote), Stereo (single CD/MP3 and iPod input) with 2 front speakers, Manually Foldable outside mirrors (with Manual internal adjust), remote boot opener (manual), Driver seat height adjust, Cigaret Lighter/12V power source, Tubeless tyres, Full Wheel Cup, Body colored bumpers, etc.
Wow, that is quite some equipment. Good.

Quote:
Right now I am planning only a seat cover and Sunfilm as accessories. I might think about reverse camera later, If I am able to find a good wireless reverse camera (one that doesn't need any wire cutting, and can be connected to 12V cigaret lighter adapter).
In my opinion a reversing sensor would do -- more costly eqmpt with camera may not be required. If I remember correctly, eqpmt with camera will cost above 10k and there might not be added benefits esp I heard the camera cannot see anything at night. I have the equipment with sensors (no camera) and it works splendidly even at night.

Last edited by B103 : 30th April 2011 at 12:01.
Old 30th April 2011, 18:18   #175
BHPian

See the A-Star AT's fuel efficency as posted by A Sharma on 28-Nov, 2010 02:24 AM:
A-Star Vxi Automatic does it make sense ??? - Page 2 | Buying a Car | Car Forums - CarWale

15 kmpl is quite good, isn't ?
Old 30th April 2011, 18:58   #176
Senior - BHPian

^^^
It indeed has good FE. scuderiaferrari has done quite some tankfull-to-tankfull FE tests in Blore on his A*-AT & has reported 12-14kmpl (depending on load, driving conditions).

I did some rough calculations on our car using the digital FE indicator, which show a FE of 14-15kmpl in Kerala (town conditions with a/c on - usually 1-2 people onboard).

I know someone who gets 19kmpl on their MT-A_Star in Kollam without a/c. Even after reducing 4kmpl to factor in Chennai traffic and for a/c usage, it sounds great.
Given this and the discounts on the A*, the A*-Zxi (MT) looks like a great deal for a city car having all the safety features and other stuff like ICE etc.
Old 1st May 2011, 15:20   #177
Senior - BHPian

While on FE, found this info on real-time city FE in another thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth
I was seeing timenow Drive program, there they are using A-Star from two week for regular usage in city, and FE they are getting is amazing 14 kmpl. That should be best FE for any AT cars in India while driving in city.
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:28   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
^^^
It indeed has good FE. scuderiaferrari has done quite some tankfull-to-tankfull FE tests in Blore on his A*-AT & has reported 12-14kmpl (depending on load, driving conditions).

I did some rough calculations on our car using the digital FE indicator, which show a FE of 14-15kmpl in Kerala (town conditions with a/c on - usually 1-2 people onboard).

I know someone who gets 19kmpl on their MT-A_Star in Kollam without a/c. Even after reducing 4kmpl to factor in Chennai traffic and for a/c usage, it sounds great.
Given this and the discounts on the A*, the A*-Zxi (MT) looks like a great deal for a city car having all the safety features and other stuff like ICE etc.
As posted earlier the safety features combined with the amazing FE was one of the key data points responsible for me tilting towards A*AT rather than i10AT. BTW the FE reported by i10 is atrocious.

In any case a quick update. I paid the full amount due to sagar. Now its just a matter of waiting for the truck to arrive (sometime this week) and inspection etc. Cant wait cant wait.
Old 2nd May 2011, 12:45   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
Price difference between manual Vxi and AT is approximately 50k. You get AT gear box+ABS/EBD for 50K extra and that is a good deal. I have seen that an AT gear box itself alone will cost close to 1 Lac extra.
Actually Maruti can afford to sell Automatic A-star at a lesser price than the Manual model, because it produces more Automatic A-star's than Manuals.
Normally manufacturers charge 1 Lakh extra for the Automatic, by giving the 'excuse' of less numbers of production.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 2nd May 2011 at 12:47.
Old 3rd May 2011, 16:18   #180
BHPian

Got a call from the sales rep just now that the truck has arrived with the car in it. Our own new A*-AT. Unfortunately the car will come to the bannerughatta showroom only tomorrow after the PDI. However, I am off first thing tomorrow morning to Mangalore so will not be able to see the car until I return on saturday and this is really frustrating

Anyway all i can think of when I am away is of the car. Asked sales rep to get her registered and have the remote central locking installed. So all that is left for me is to wait till saturday evening. Sigh!! The wait continues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks