Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2011, 11:44   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki A-Star Auto - Road Test

I have found out (based on change in rpm) that the gear changes in A-star Automatic happens at approximately the following speeds:

1st to 2nd - at 10 km/hr
2nd to 3rd - at 30 km/hr
3rd to 4th - at 50 km/hr

This is different from Manual gears - We should be able to extract maximum mileage if we are aware of these speeds and change our driving styles accordingly.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 13th May 2011 at 11:46.
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2011, 08:33   #197
Senior - BHPian

Please note that the above speeds are greatly dependant on your throttle input (at a level road). If you floor the accelerator, or if you are on an up-slope, the gear changes occur at a much higher speed.
Old 20th May 2011, 08:48   #198
BHPian

AVG motors called my father yesterday. It seems the car has started from Gurgaon on 18/May and it will take 10 days to reach Tiruvalla. We booked the car on 21/April and AVG told us there will be a 45 days delay for the delivery. It seems more or less 45 days is what is going to be the delay.

Waiting with fingers crossed.
Old 20th May 2011, 18:33   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
I have all Automatic, VXI and ABS badge on my car, its quite strange that Maruti is inconsistent in badging.
I guess cars exported to Europe need not have 'Automatic' badge (just like cars in India need not have the 'Manual' badge). Since both export and domestic cars are made in the same assembly line, it's difficult to keep track of the consistency in badging.
It can be done if monitored carefully, but I guess this inconsistency doesn't hurt much.
Old 25th May 2011, 09:01   #200
BHPian

One question on central locking -- I don't want to insert the key in the slot and turn it to central lock the car. The doors should lock by the press of a button in the key. Is it available by default in AStar AT ? Or should you buy one as accessory ?

Is iCats covering central locking along with security ? I remember with iCats, the engine of the car would not start with any key other than one provided for your car by Maruti.

Please advice if you have information.
Old 25th May 2011, 09:56   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103
One question on central locking -- I don't want to insert the key in the slot and turn it to central lock the car. The doors should lock by the press of a button in the key. Is it available by default in AStar AT ? Or should you buy one as accessory ?
On the AT, you do need to insert key to central lock the car. The ZXi version has buttons on the key itself (not a separate remote attachment). So if you are getting the AT model, you would need to get remote locking as an attachment. I so wish they had added AT on the ZXi trim (instead of VXi) - then we would have got airbags, remote locking and other features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103
Is iCats covering central locking along with security ? I remember with iCats, the engine of the car would not start with any key other than one provided for your car by Maruti.
AFAIK iCats is standard on all Marutis today.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 10:18   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
On the AT, you do need to insert key to central lock the car. The ZXi version has buttons on the key itself (not a separate remote attachment). So if you are getting the AT model, you would need to get remote locking as an attachment.
Thanks SupremeBaleno. A person from our dealer (AVG) had come home yesterday and apprised my father that this functionality comes by default in AStar. Hence this is currently not in the list of accessories planned by my father. I would have to inform him then. Thanks again.
Old 26th May 2011, 00:54   #203
BHPian

Want to report two sets of FE numbers

#1 was the initial run inside the city. Full city only driving. A/C used about 50% of the time. The FE was 245KM/25.2L = 9.6KMPL

#2 was full SH17 (blr-mys-blr) driving over the weekend. Filled the tank on the way to mys and on return as well. A/C used for about 100KM. The FE was 288KM/18.3L = 15.7KMPL

Not bad. First service not yet done. However, wife had an incident today with a pillar in the basement parking. Left side both doors are dented and scratched. Wonder how much it will cost to get it fixed.
ash_blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 09:35   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
However, wife had an incident today with a pillar in the basement parking. Left side both doors are dented and scratched. Wonder how much it will cost to get it fixed.
Sorry to hear that. It hurts for sure. Are you with Maruti Suraksha ?

Did it happen when she was reversing the car ? In that case, installing reversing sensors may help in the future.
Old 26th May 2011, 10:05   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
Sorry to hear that. It hurts for sure. Are you with Maruti Suraksha ?

Did it happen when she was reversing the car ? In that case, installing reversing sensors may help in the future.
maruti Suraksha? Dealer didnt tell me about it unless it refers to the insurance cover.

Unfortunately didnt happen while reversing. She had parked between 2 pillars. While coming out, the left side scraped the pillar . I have not been able to see the car since then. So disappointing.
Old 27th May 2011, 19:47   #206
BHPian

Our car may arrive from Gurgaon most probably by tomorrow. It may get registered by sometime next week. I am not sure if a temporary registeration is mandatory before a permanant one ?

In the month of May, Maruti is offering 25,000k off as discount for AStar. In addition, there is a senior citizen discount of 2k. However they expect us to pay for services related to the number plate. I don't think it will cost much though.

We are planning for these accessories -- VKool sun films, reverse parking sensor and central locking. I guess, the last two, when purchased from Maruti will be from Nippon isn't ?

That is the latest update. I have given the T-BHP new vehicle inspection checklist to my father already. He will get an opportunity to run through that in next two or three days.

Last edited by B103 : 27th May 2011 at 19:50.
Old 6th June 2011, 16:00   #207
BHPian

Got a call today morning that the car arrived finally but it was badly damaged during transit or unloading. It was not in a shape to be delivered to the customer. My father went and saw the car to know if the dealer if bluffing. Noted down the engine and chasis number just to make sure it is not repaired and delivered to us again.

We have made the down payment for invoice value, last week of May. Dealer will give just 3.45% interest for the amount. Can we negotiate for some other freebies here ?

The sad part is that it will take another month again to get a new car :-(

Last edited by B103 : 6th June 2011 at 16:02.
Old 6th June 2011, 16:24   #208
BHPian

Dealer had put pressure on us to pay the invoice value by last week of May. We were asked to pay in the pretext that it will fetch us the benfit of Rs 25,000 discount which was applicable in the month of May.

In retrospect, I wonder if they knew that some cars are damaged in the transit. Would have asked us to pay so that we won't walk easily into the next Hyundai showroom for the i10 AT. We were told that the car was damaged while it was unloaded. Don't know how much is it true.
Old 8th June 2011, 17:38   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
However, I will get the remote locking done during delivery itself. I think its around 5.5K.
A lot of TBHP folks are falling for this trick. The remote locking that Maruti installs I guess is AutoCop D30 and 5.5K for it is way too much. I got a slightly higher, more advanced model D50 for 3.2 K flat from a Car Modification Showroom in BLR. It took an hour to install and saved me 2 K. I'm talking about Auto Planet in Koramangala behind BDA complex.
Old 8th June 2011, 18:31   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushir View Post
A lot of TBHP folks are falling for this trick. The remote locking that Maruti installs I guess is AutoCop D30 and 5.5K for it is way too much. I got a slightly higher, more advanced model D50 for 3.2 K flat from a Car Modification Showroom in BLR. It took an hour to install and saved me 2 K. I'm talking about Auto Planet in Koramangala behind BDA complex.
+1

Actually most of the MUL cars are remote lock enabled. All that is required is the actual transmitter/receiver. In my Alto K10, each door has an electric actuator to open/close it, it is just that they have not enabled all the doors to act as a master switch, only the driver side door acts as a master switch. As all the wiring and actuators are present all they do is to put in the remote device and connect it. Would you believe it that for the K10, the door light switches are also a part of the "remote lock" kit!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks