Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 19:08   #616
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Face book page of Tata Aria says they have crossed 10,000 marks in this Month,1000 or 10,000, could be typo.
It very much looks like a typo, according to GTO's reports on sales figures the Aria has crossed the 1.6k mark from the time it has been launched. Anyways, we would get a clear insight once the Feb sales figures are out.
Old 25th February 2011, 22:43   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Facebook page of Tata Aria says they have crossed 10,000 marks in this Month. 1000 or 10,000, could be typo.
If this figure is true then I think we all will be floored by this number.
Most likely a typo. But Election will be coming up in many states shortly, if TM could increase the production capacity in time, they will be able to sell much more Arias than the current monthly figures of 300. I believe the original target was approximately 1000 per month (including exports).
Old 25th February 2011, 23:42   #618
Senior - BHPian

There was a report in Business-Standard about Tata Motors ramping up the production of Aria due to the increased demand. May be the elections are a target, as you said!
Old 26th February 2011, 00:09   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Facebook page of Tata Aria says they have crossed 10,000 marks in this Month.
http://www.facebook.com/tataaria#!/photo.php?fbid=201301556548496&set=a.1654521668001 02.36762.137008006311185&theater

I am wondering 300 odd figures per month till last month could not aggregate to this whopping 10,000 mark. This is possible only when Tata sells more tha 8000 Arias in this month. I am little doubtful about this.

1000 or 10,000, could be typo.

If this figure is true then I think we all will be floored by this number.

btw my answer is OT but your question is not. It is the "likes" that it has received so far. they are actually talking about crossing the 10k mark for likes on their FB page.
Old 26th February 2011, 00:30   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
There was a report in Business-Standard about Tata Motors ramping up the production of Aria due to the increased demand. May be the elections are a target, as you said!
Yup, apparently the demand for the Aria has gone up and Tata is struggling to meet the demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
btw my answer is OT but your question is not. It is the "likes" that it has received so far. they are actually talking about crossing the 10k mark for likes on their FB page.

I don't think so, because the likes are around more than 19k as of now.

Here is a screen shot which i took from;
Tata Aria - The First Indian Crossover - Blog - Latest news, updates : Tata Aria

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1626
Size:  35.6 KB

IMO let us wait for the Feb sales figures, and about reaching the 10k mark i definitely think it is a typo.
Old 26th February 2011, 11:23   #621
Senior - BHPian

This is seriously OT but

Quote:
they are actually talking about crossing the 10k mark for likes on their FB page.
I agree.....its pretty obvious if you follow the conversaation trail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
Logical isn't it? The 10k was mentioned on 19th Feb & it is the 26th today.

Why would they say they've sold 10,000 if they haven't gone anywhere near that mark?
Old 26th February 2011, 17:27   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Logical isn't it? The 10k was mentioned on 19th Feb & it is the 26th today.

Why would they say they've sold 10,000 if they haven't gone anywhere near that mark?
How is it logical? I don't think that in roughly a weeks time 9k people will start liking the Aria!

That said, the typo we talk about here is that of crossing more than 1k deliveries. Which is possible, as the Sales till today stand near the 1.6k mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
This is seriously OT but
I agree, this discussion has gone too far! So, lets end it here.
Old 26th February 2011, 18:14   #623
BHPian

Tata motors,fooling people?

OK guys, I have come across a glaring mistake made by the Tata's:

In the Tata Aria brochure it is clearly mentioned that the Aria is equipped with 6 Airbags, The Website too confirms this.

This is the the picture that was printed in the brochure;

Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review-safety8.jpg

You may observe that in this picture the side airbags go up to the third row of seats which in count make the Aria a vehicle with 8 airbags.

Below is another picture i got from the demonstration of how the Air bags are deployed;

Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review-safety82.jpg

This picture shows that the Airbags on the side only extend till the second row which in turn make the Aria a vehicle with 6 airbags.

So, what exactly is Tata motors trying to show the customers? Is this a marketing technique by which they lure people by showing them images of 8 airbags? Any input on this will be appreciated.
Old 26th February 2011, 20:45   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, apparently the demand for the Aria has gone up and Tata is struggling to meet the demand.

Here is a screen shot which i took from;
Tata Aria - The First Indian Crossover - Blog - Latest news, updates : Tata Aria

Attachment 507702

IMO let us wait for the Feb sales figures, and about reaching the 10k mark i definitely think it is a typo.
Ok here is another OT bomb from me. I am a very regular visitor of their page. My Aria's pic is in their album as well and for some reason it wasn't uploaded as their DP. It was almost going to be. Till 30th december they were celebrating 2500 likes. So I am not surprised is they have clocked 9k in a week. You would have got a page length ads in the newspapers about 10k Arias on road. And not just a mention of crossing 10k mark on a FB page.

And as for Aria having 6 Airbags I really don't know what they are counting. As there are Airbags on the A pillar, Front 2 Airbags, Airbags on the driver and co passenger seat and Airbags on B Pillar and the middle of B & C Pillar.

Last edited by psbali : 26th February 2011 at 20:47.
Old 26th February 2011, 22:29   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Ok here is another OT bomb from me. I am a very regular visitor of their page. My Aria's pic is in their album as well and for some reason it wasn't uploaded as their DP. It was almost going to be. Till 30th december they were celebrating 2500 likes. So I am not surprised is they have clocked 9k in a week. You would have got a page length ads in the newspapers about 10k Arias on road. And not just a mention of crossing 10k mark on a FB page.
Hey buddy, i was just putting across my view, Anyway lets end this here.

Quote:
And as for Aria having 6 Airbags I really don't know what they are counting. As there are Airbags on the A pillar, Front 2 Airbags, Airbags on the driver and co passenger seat and Airbags on B Pillar and the middle of B & C Pillar.
My point here is that they have wrongly advertised in the brochure by showing a picture that the airbags extent till the last row.
Old 26th February 2011, 22:52   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey buddy, i was just putting across my view, Anyway lets end this here.

My point here is that they have wrongly advertised in the brochure by showing a picture that the airbags extent till the last row.
Maybe the export models have those?
Old 26th February 2011, 23:19   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Maybe the export models have those?
Probably you are right, but when i went to the showroom the sales person was harping about Airbags in the third row. Thus the query.
Old 28th February 2011, 16:22   #628
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

6 Airbags is correct

6 Airbags is correct.

They have two front airbags (driver and passenger) - Mounted in front Dash and steering wheel.

They have two side Airbags (mounted in the front seats on the sides). Most people miss counting these.

They have two Air curtain (airbags) (mounted in all 3 pillars on each side - looks like these are 6 by themselves - but in reality they are counted as 1 on each side). This is correctly represented in the graphic visual, but to those unaware of how these are counted it would seems like these were 6 Airbags by itself.

Curtain Airbags take care of the Area near the head along the length of the car for all 2/3 rows depending on the no of rows the vehicle has.

So 2+ 2+ 2=6 is correct.

The Laura too has the same config and calls it too 6 Airbags.

This is not misleading though other brands at times refer to this itself as either 8 or 10 and that is in a way a bit misleading. Though one can have either 8 or 10 airbags or even more but the curtain airbags have to be counted as 1 on each side.

We must appreciate TATA for having gone the full length and yet not over stating as can be the temptation.

Last edited by ACM : 28th February 2011 at 16:23.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2011, 22:50   #629
BHPian

Re: 6 Airbags is correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
We must appreciate TATA for having gone the full length and yet not over stating as can be the temptation.

But what i wanted to confirm was that; Do the curtain airbags really extend till the third row (In the Indian spec). Otherwise printing such an image in the brochure , In my eyes is misleading the customer. Of what i understand, The curtain airbags extend only till the second row. Please confirm this.

Last edited by Zappex : 28th February 2011 at 22:51. Reason: Typo
Old 1st March 2011, 00:41   #630
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Airbags

The below content in quotes "" is from the Aria Build your car program.

It gives us an insight into their definations for the various types of airbags. The first two para are about Side torso airbag and the thrid one about the side curtain airbag. They claim that the torso airbag is for both the front rows and the side curtain for all three rows.

If one looks at the two visuals loaded up on this page earlier the first one seems to depicts the curtain airbags (side/ rear view) for all three rows as claimed and the second one the side torso airbags (top view) for the front two rows again as claimed.

"When your car gets hit from the side during an accident, the damage to the car may be a lot, but the damage to the passengers may be much more! In order to ensure that your body doesn't suffer the same fate as the cars body, responsible manufacturers, like that of the Dream car, have included side air bags that protect the passenger's torso during an unfortunate collision.These air bags inflate from the walls, and protect passengers in both the front rows of seating.
The Side Air Bags gets deployed, within milliseconds of a side impact, and save your life. The side impact or Accident is sensed by the Impact Sensor and, depending the severity of Impact, the Air Bags get deployed.

During side impacts, lot of people severely injure their heads that often causes permanent brain damage. Fortunately, the Dream car has Curtain Airbags that protect the passengers head during any collision. These air bags, drop from the roof of the car, they are mounted on the meeting point of roof and side pillars and they run through all the seats."

The two visuals seem to depict different sets of airbags. Of course am not sure of the technology that goes behind this stuff and how it works and where and in which direction exactly they deploy from/in and hope I never have to find this out either. The D-Pillar does not have an airbag and the visual to does not depict a deployment from the D Pillar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks