Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 21:30   #676
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Does anyone know the ARAI efficiency of the Aria?

Asking this as I came across the fact that a Bhp-ian clocked some phenomenal mileage! And I wanted to know what the ARAI have certified.
Old 2nd July 2011, 14:35   #677
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Asking this as I came across the fact that a Bhp-ian clocked some phenomenal mileage!
How much is that mileage?

Also anyone knows whats the current delivery time quoted for any version of Aria?
Old 2nd July 2011, 14:51   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

In the june car sales thread one member had said that the 4X2 version(or Pure) is already out to the dealers and will be launched in July.

Quote:
Does anyone know the ARAI efficiency of the Aria?
Asking this as I came across the fact that a Bhp-ian clocked some phenomenal mileage! And I wanted to know what the ARAI have certified.
"The Aria’s ARAI fuel efficiency rating is 13.5 kpl (with 190 gms of CO2)."
Taken from GTO's test drive report in the first page.
What was the phenomenal mileage that the fellow BHPian got?

Last edited by GTO : 7th July 2011 at 14:30. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing back to back posts.
Old 3rd July 2011, 17:14   #679
BHPian

scoop..... auto car forum.........!!!

THERE IS A BREAKING NEWS FROM TATA MOTORS !!!

TATA ARIA 4X2 is ready for launch.

Yes it's true and confirmed by a TML Dealer here is Hyderabad.

The vehicle will be available in 2 trims.

PURE
PRESTIGE

The vehicle is cheaper than TOYOTA INNOVA.

YES.......TRUE.

Pure is priced around 12.5 Lakhs on road with 2 Air Bags, Four Disc Brakes, and other whistles.
Prestige is Priced at around 13.6 Lakhs on road with Alloy wheels.

The person incharge of SUV division also confirmed that there has been a drastic change in the vehicle since launch with lots of updates received from feed back.

This was confirmed by Advisor of TEJASWINI Motors who accompanied me with the Indica eV2 Mileage Marathon (which returned a mileage of 26.5 KMPL with 50% city driving) today at Hotel Taj Banjara in Hyderabad.
He told me that 5 vehicles were billed are on transit at present.

Now INNOVA gets a serious competitor!!!
nijan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 21:05   #680
BHPian

^^ Great news!! And about time! The ARIA sales reflected the steep pricing that this very competent vehicle has been burdened with. The 4X2 with competitive pricing should reflect a turn around for the sales of this beaut.
Old 4th July 2011, 21:15   #681
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijan View Post
The vehicle is cheaper than TOYOTA INNOVA.
YES.......TRUE.
Pure is priced around 12.5 Lakhs on road with 2 Air Bags, Four Disc Brakes, and other whistles.
Prestige is Priced at around 13.6 Lakhs on road with Alloy wheels.
but
I may seem unrealistic but i was looking forward to see the figures hanging around 10 lakh mark, not 13 lakhs,Aria tickd off the list,
but me aside rest assured this car will be lapped up by the buyers of Innova 'G' and 'V' models, and will deserve to succeed.
Still more loaded than the Innova considering the price and no 'taxi','too common' stigma attached to it.
also helps that the Aria hasn't shown any problems regarding to reliability.
Edit: but in the Safari Merlin thread @neel385 suggested that with the Aria 4X2 pricing one can expect the Safari to start at 9lakhs.Me happy.

Last edited by DicKy : 4th July 2011 at 21:21.
Old 5th July 2011, 20:53   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
^^ Great news!! And about time! The ARIA sales reflected the steep pricing that this very competent vehicle has been burdened with. The 4X2 with competitive pricing should reflect a turn around for the sales of this beaut.
Yes, they should stick with the formula created with Safari. The base price should be affordable so that the sales nos look good which will give confidence to the buyers with money who could afford the higher variants with 4X4 and other goodies.
Old 5th July 2011, 21:01   #683
Senior - BHPian

hi guys,

dose any one know the PCD of the Aria's rims.

is it 160 like safari & sumo?

Last edited by jeepster : 5th July 2011 at 21:02.
Old 6th July 2011, 12:09   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
How much is that mileage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
What was the phenomenal mileage that the fellow BHPian got?
Check the bottom of this page:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...teriors-5.html
Old 6th July 2011, 17:30   #685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks , was wonder struck and still can't believe it,more like a typo error.
But pics speak true(if the MID is not lying)
What then with the 2WD model without the extra weight of the Adapterra system, the figures will be rocking , but at the end of the day these are highway figures,not much use in a average Indian road.
Again, Indian cars have something to do with being frugal and high FE returning, even with this much weight. If at all these had comparatively low kerb weight can't imagine the mileage.
Old 6th July 2011, 20:44   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Again, Indian cars have something to do with being frugal and high FE returning, even with this much weight. If at all these had comparatively low kerb weight can't imagine the mileage.
I am not sure of this generalization. This particular car you are talking about seems to be the exception than norm.

World over, the engines are becoming smaller, powerful and fuel efficient and the trend will surely continue. I only hope Indian companies start to invest more in the core technologies like engine, chassis and drivetrain development.
Old 6th July 2011, 21:06   #687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
I am not sure of this generalization. This particular car you are talking about seems to be the exception than norm....................................... efficient and the trend will surely continue. I only hope Indian companies start to invest more in the core technologies like engine, chassis and drivetrain development.
No, am just saying about the Indian cars weight.
Look at the weights of Safari/Sumo and full size american SUVs like the Suburban/Yukon.
They are almost the same kerb weight, yet both have very different FE figures.
Agreed that the Indian UVs have sub 3l 4 pot diesels while the american SUVs have big block V8s,petrols and that too with A/T.
But if our UVs decreased their weight to modern levels(within the limits of BOF constuction) then what will be of their mileage figures?

Last edited by DicKy : 6th July 2011 at 21:08.
Old 6th July 2011, 21:32   #688
BHPian

Quote:
No, am just saying about the Indian cars weight.
Look at the weights of Safari/Sumo and full size american SUVs like the Suburban/Yukon.
They are almost the same kerb weight, yet both have very different FE figures.
Agreed that the Indian UVs have sub 3l 4 pot diesels while the american SUVs have big block V8s,petrols and that too with A/T.
But if our UVs decreased their weight to modern levels(within the limits of BOF constuction) then what will be of their mileage figures?
If the concern is just to reduce weight, I am sure there are a few aftermarket solutions including performance parts and a good mechanic.

If the concern is just FE, then still there are aftermarket solutions like performance parts, engine / gearbox tuning, sedate driving, etc.

However if you want the manufacturer to combine and deliver these attributes in a car then it is a completely different game.

I think we are going way OT though.
Old 6th July 2011, 22:41   #689
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful! This is just what the Aria needed. Though, I dont want to see Aria taxi's on the road like Innova. Not sure why, but we Indians are different - we dont like our owned cars be taxi's as well.. Havent noticed that in many countries
Old 6th July 2011, 22:55   #690
Senior - BHPian

^^
Last thing they want to see is an ARIA with yellow plate. If TAXI market was their intention there is enough space to make it a comfortable 7 seater with decent luggage space. They did not do and made third row for kids. I had a chance to check a white ARIA closely, other than wrong pricing one that missing in area is the exterior design. It looks like a better looking MUV than a crossover/SUV. We Indians like wierd and wild designs, best examples are Scorpio and Fortuner. Add some muscles and price it properly, it will sell atleast 1000 unit/month.

White ARIA looks awesome! I like it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks