Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2013, 00:03   #796
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Please check this link for details on the demo model.
Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review-carmastheadaria.jpg

Last edited by teamveevee : 7th March 2013 at 00:04.
Old 15th March 2013, 07:22   #797
Distinguished - BHPian

Facelifted Tata Aria to arrive before the end of 2013.

http://bsmotoring.com/news/facelifte...end2013/6517/1
Old 15th March 2013, 08:44   #798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Facelifted Tata Aria to arrive before the end of 2013.

http://bsmotoring.com/news/facelifte...end2013/6517/1
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...3-details.html

Hope they price it right this time.
Old 17th March 2013, 20:02   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Hope they price it right this time.
I wonder if its the price alone which holds back TML sales. if that is the case, discounts help. If in spite of discounts, the marquee products don't sell, then surely its something else... Then it would be these intangible "something else" that would spell doom for the brand.
Old 19th March 2013, 07:06   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
I wonder if its the price alone which holds back TML sales. if that is the case, discounts help. If in spite of discounts, the marquee products don't sell, then surely its something else... Then it would be these intangible "something else" that would spell doom for the brand.
In the case of the aria, pricing was not the only reason for failure. Despite the high sticker price people did initially go in for it. But look at the feedback. This forum is filled with horror stories of aria's breaking down and of TASS's having no idea, other than trial and error of replacing whatever part seems most likely to be causing the problem. With this approach is it any wonder people stayed away.

Additionally there are many people who view Tata as a company that puts out a product before testing and then uses guinea pig feedback to sort out issues. There are enough people I know who will not buy any v.1 Tata product. Once v.2 is out they are fine.

I hope they are able to get things sorted out, because however deep pockets the group has, they cannot and will not sustain a loss making business forever
Old 19th March 2013, 07:33   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post

In the case of the aria, pricing was not the only reason for failure. Despite the high sticker price people did initially go in for it. But look at the feedback. This forum is filled with horror stories of aria's breaking down and of TASS's having no idea, other than trial and error of replacing whatever part seems most likely to be causing the problem. With this approach is it any wonder people stayed away.

Additionally there are many people who view Tata as a company that puts out a product before testing and then uses guinea pig feedback to sort out issues. There are enough people I know who will not buy any v.1 Tata product. Once v.2 is out they are fine.

I hope they are able to get things sorted out, because however deep pockets the group has, they cannot and will not sustain a loss making business forever
Hi, can you get me the list of horror stories? I know 2 threads having had bad experience, but lot with good positive. Let's not do bashing in every TATA thread. Your 2nd Para is right and it's people perception and am sure, it will change shortly, especially post storme success. Let's wait and watch.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 10:36   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
This perception is not unique to customers but extends to Tata Motors dealers as well. I had met the sales head of one of their dealers in Bombay in mid 2011 on work. Even he commented that while the Aria was a great vehicle, one should look at the Aria in 2012 as by then the teething issues would be sorted out.

Personally, I am not sure whether this is really true or just a hangover from their early days (still recall a family member's experience with a first gen Indica). The few Vista/Manza owners I know seem much happier than say the ones who had bought anything from the Indica/Indigo generation. From what I know, the Vista/Manza platform hasn't seen the quick iterations that the earlier platform went through
Old 19th March 2013, 11:02   #803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Hi, can you get me the list of horror stories? I know 2 threads having had bad experience, but lot with good positive. Let's not do bashing in every TATA thread. Your 2nd Para is right and it's people perception and am sure, it will change shortly, especially post storme success. Let's wait and watch.

Prem.
I can't really remember all the threads but there are quite a few where people have spoken about the numerous niggling problems (admittedly quite a few of these have been electronic malfunctions of just about every fancy new gadget put in) but I can definitely remember more than two. Just haven't looked for the links though. I don't like bashing Tata either, especially since I loved their estate and Sierra but there is a reason their sales have fallen to 10K in Feb despite having such a wide dealer network.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
This perception is not unique to customers but extends to Tata Motors dealers as well. I had met the sales head of one of their dealers in Bombay in mid 2011 on work. Even he commented that while the Aria was a great vehicle, one should look at the Aria in 2012 as by then the teething issues would be sorted out.

Personally, I am not sure whether this is really true or just a hangover from their early days (still recall a family member's experience with a first gen Indica). The few Vista/Manza owners I know seem much happier than say the ones who had bought anything from the Indica/Indigo generation. From what I know, the Vista/Manza platform hasn't seen the quick iterations that the earlier platform went through
It is indeed scary when your own reps/dealers/staff start saying things like wait for v2 before buying it. This is the perception that tata need to rectify if they ever intend to realistically be the number 2 manufacturer in the country (as Karl Slym said in an interview not too long ago).

I hope Tata can actually get their act together. They have all the talent and money needed. They need proper management across the board to get things done. The problem is that from dealer level to upper management, most people seem to be lacksadaisical. This will not work in a globalized world. Just view HM for proof of what such an attitude will result in.
Old 19th March 2013, 11:20   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
Even he commented that while the Aria was a great vehicle, one should look at the Aria in 2012 as by then the teething issues would be sorted out.

. The few Vista/Manza owners I know seem much happier than say the ones who had bought anything from the Indica/Indigo generation. From what I know, the Vista/Manza platform hasn't seen the quick iterations that the earlier platform went through
My colleague has an Aria for the last 15 months and has done nearly 25,000 Kms and he never had to visit the TASS for anything other than regular service. I drove it a few days back and there is absolutely no rattle or squeak.

And I have a Vista for the last one year and has touched 15,000 km and absolutely no issues.

My Grande MK II is now just about 38 months old and has 65,000 Km on the odo. Till date it is rattle free and not part or component has fallen off. The first major issue I had was the failure of the Body Control Module about three months back. So things are improving at TATA but it is very difficult for us to get rid of the perception, more so when it is to do with an Indian company.

But TASS especially Concorde in Chennai has a long way to go in offering good service...
arulpeem is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2013, 11:31   #805
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Tata Aria Priority Assistance - Rapid resolutions!

Sales person at KHT motors was telling on phone that gear ratio's of TATA ARIA post 2013 were changed to 3.73 from 4.1. it is much more fun to drive etc.

Technical guys in the forum please comment in this.

He has also told that plastic vendor was changed and quality is much better.
Old 29th April 2013, 17:11   #806
Senior - BHPian

According ICB, Mr. Ashesh Dhar, head of utility vehicles at TaMo has the following to say on refreshed Aria launch this year.

Quote:
Mr Ashesh Dhar: Tata will launch 3 refreshed Aria variants in 2013 -
a) LX (without music system, blue tooth and GPS) these will be sold as accessories – cost Rs 10L+
b) Prestige (basic entertainment system and features) – cost Rs 12L+
c) Pride – (top end model) – cost 14L+
So, looks like there's the much wanted price correction happening along with the refresh launch.

source - http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/t...-motors-70219/
safari_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 09:17   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
According ICB, Mr. Ashesh Dhar, head of utility vehicles at TaMo has the following to say on refreshed Aria launch this year.
This is about 2L less than the current Pride 4X4. If true and if they change the way the rear looks, this is likely to revive sales. Then I can look to upgrade from my current 40 month old Grande MKII. I also wish they would bring in the updated engine showcased in Geneve, 156BHP and 400NM

Last edited by GTO : 1st May 2013 at 10:19. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 13th May 2013, 20:31   #808
BANNED

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Nope just Dust Storm, Mumbai - Actually my intervals have been 11,000kms and I just took a mean between 7,500 and 15,000. The drive is Highways, and stop go traffic both. As per the SA 15,000 kms is for conditions of highways drive most of the time.

There are those who state that for Indian conditions 10,000 kms is the most reasonable interval for Diesel Common Rail Engines.

There are also those others who feel 15,000 kms is fine if one is using Synthetic Oil and 10,000 kms if one is using Natural Oil.

Since the Aria and Storme engine and Gearbox is more or less identical I guess the same rules apply.
Got my 3rd service for the ARIA done last week (Done nearly 13,000 kms- one year nearing on 11 May). Engine Oil changed (Concorde, Okhla, Delhi) with Castrol GTX CH4 mineral oil, the interval for this grade as recommended by TATA is 15,000 Km. Don't see the need for synthetic oils ? What is the net benefit ? better mileage ? I am already getting 11.8 - 11.99 in May (with A/C full time), don't see it going up any further ? Anyone has achieved better FE figures ? Maybe some tips on this front, in that case.
Old 14th May 2013, 09:45   #809
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ TATA is shipping the Aria with Natural Oil not Synthetic, so obviously they think that is fine. That said my assumption is that if one is getting car serviced around 15,000kms the possibly one could go for Synthetic and if every 7500 kms then possibly Natural Oil.

That said most likely Natural Oil too should be fine even for 15,000 kms. That is what TATA has tested the vehicle for anyways.

You are already getting a good FE - better than me by a small bit infact. The oil type will not impact the FE but the engine life.
Old 14th May 2013, 09:58   #810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Sales person at KHT motors was telling on phone that gear ratio's of TATA ARIA post 2013 were changed to 3.73 from 4.1. it is much more fun to drive etc.

Technical guys in the forum please comment in this.

He has also told that plastic vendor was changed and quality is much better.
Lower gear ratios mean higher cruising speed at lower rpm. So a lower ratio is welcome for good highway cruising. Example the earlier Safaris came with a higher ratio top gear, and were showing 100kmph at approx 2500rpm, where as the newer ones (post 2012 end) came with the GB76 MK2 gearbox and they hit 100kmph at a much lower 2100rpm, so more relaxed and fun cruising.
Plastics have steadily improved with time, and current lot Safari/Aria platics are quite good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
This is about 2L less than the current Pride 4X4. If true and if they change the way the rear looks, this is likely to revive sales. Then I can look to upgrade from my current 40 month old Grande MKII. I also wish they would bring in the updated engine showcased in Geneve, 156BHP and 400NM
Dont worry about the new engine. Any 2.2 liter Dicor engine can be remapped by a simple ECU tune to 160bhp/40kgm torque, infact it is the stage 1 tune for most tuning boxes, price approx 20k Rs.
Good thing about Tata getting a higher state of tune engine is we may reflash our ECU to higher specs at the TASS itself
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks