Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2019, 22:02   #2101
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_i View Post
Can someone share with me the invoice copy showing the correct Haldex oil which was changed in their vehicle.
There are hardly any yeti owners here. If you wait it is not going to help. Skim through ownership threads and also this thread. You should get it. Instead just call skoda and tell them dealer not accepting mistake and not correcting as well. take regional service manager number from them and make noise.
Old 3rd September 2019, 22:20   #2102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
There are hardly any yeti owners here. If you wait it is not going to help. Skim through ownership threads and also this thread. You should get it. Instead just call skoda and tell them dealer not accepting mistake and not correcting as well. take regional service manager number from them and make noise.
Trying to attach but not able to do so. The part number for haldex is g055175a2

Last edited by Aditya : 4th September 2019 at 08:29. Reason: Personal info deleted
Old 3rd September 2019, 22:21   #2103
BHPian

I have gone through the threads but couldn't find any invoice so far. Hope if any Yeti owner has a copy he can pm me.

Any contact no. Of Skoda India will be helpful.
Old 6th September 2019, 16:24   #2104
BHPian

Many thanks to Abbey4u for sharing the invoice copy, which really help, the ASC has agreed to put the correct part no. but they aren't still accepting their mistake. Following is the email which I received from them today:

"Due to some misunderstanding on the nomenclature of AWD components Differential oil Part G052145S2 was replaced (since it is serviceable in every 3rd year, whereas haldex high performance oil to be replace only based on necessity). We understand that this has caused an inconvenience & we hereby deeply apologize for the same. "

They are now stating that they never changed the Haldex oil and only put the Differential oil, how can I get this verified. Moreover, they are still blatantly lying by staying that there is no need for getting haldex oil replaced every 3 years.

Is there any service interval defined by Skoda for Differential oil which as per the email is being stated every 3 years., as per understanding there is no such fixed interval for change of Differential oil.
amit_i is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 08:21   #2105
BHPian

Can someone advice on what's the best engine oil and coolant to be used in a 2011 Yeti? Would appreciate if someone could share 2 options with details. The options available are confusing the hell out of me. Thanks in advance.
Old 8th September 2019, 23:57   #2106
BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks to Abbey4u for sharing the invoice copy, which really help, the ASC has agreed to put the correct part no. but they aren't still accepting their mistake. Following is the email which I received from them today:

"Due to some misunderstanding on the nomenclature of AWD components Differential oil Part G052145S2 was replaced (since it is serviceable in every 3rd year, whereas haldex high performance oil to be replace only based on necessity). We understand that this has caused an inconvenience & we hereby deeply apologize for the same. "

They are now stating that they never changed the Haldex oil and only put the Differential oil, how can I get this verified. Moreover, they are still blatantly lying by staying that there is no need for getting haldex oil replaced every 3 years.

Is there any service interval defined by Skoda for Differential oil which as per the email is being stated every 3 years., as per understanding there is no such fixed interval for change of Differential oil.
I have never replaced the differential oil nor Skoda asked me to replace when I was servicing through them. I have however replaced haldex twice. Once with Skoda and once with my fng. Now I source parts myself and service done at fng garage.
abbey4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 23:58   #2107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin Bhatt View Post
Can someone advice on what's the best engine oil and coolant to be used in a 2011 Yeti? Would appreciate if someone could share 2 options with details. The options available are confusing the hell out of me. Thanks in advance.
Have been using liqui moly 4100 top tec which is 505.01 VW standard. For coolant use Delphi
abbey4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 00:25   #2108
BHPian

Is buying a 2011-2012 Skoda Yeti 4X4 in NCR a sane decision ? If the going rate is around 4L (on higher side basis online calculator). If the 10 rule is kept in mind then only 2 yrs left, however if one can get some respite from the recent plea that centre has done to SC then can get about 7yrs of usage.

Primarily just need it to be an alternate to a lowered hatchback to be used as weekend trips or even to be used a family mover, considering have a family of 4. Higher GC, well built, good 2L engine, bigger storage space (don't need big SUV, as find them too large for my liking and need).

From what I know the running service isn't a big issue. The pain starts only if parts need replacement.

Since it is going to be used occasional (or maybe it will lead to increase in trip :-) ) I don't want to invest in a new car. A 4X4 2L engine + overall package if get in about 3.5-4L seems tempting. Been thinking for over 3-4 weeks and hence thought it's best to ask some of the experts here.
Old 27th September 2019, 10:36   #2109
BHPian

I'm in a market for a pre-owned SUV and after exploring multiple cars and stopped my search on Yeti primarily due to reasons like it's unique & compact design, great 2.0 L Diesel engine and fun to drive factor in SUV (which is hard to find). Searched online classified websites and found 2 used examples.

1) 2011 Elegance 4&4, single owner, Mileage 45,000
2) 2011 Ambiente 4&4, single owner , Mileage 89,000

Both the above cars are from owner directly. They claim that cars are always maintained in Skoda ASS and in good running condition. I've seen the pictures, interiors and exteriors looks good, yet to physically check the cars.

Now, if I check both the cars physically and found them good mechanically and aesthetically, which one should I buy? One with 45K in Odo or the other one with 89K in Odo. I confirmed with the owner of 45K and he said that they are having multiple cars in the family and Yeti was primarily for ladies, hence the low running. I'm more tempted towards 45K due to it's low mileage and top variant.

I'm also sceptical about buying 8 year old Skoda however Yeti being Manual diesel, risk will be bit lower in comparison to DSG gearbox. However before buying any of the two, I'll get the car checked at Skoda ASS. Now my worry is about the parts replacement which I might have to undergo if I buy any of the cars as they are 8 year old.

Can any of the Yeti owners through some light on the required replacements I might have to do after buying the car and how much they would cost? I'll get both the cars in the range of 4-5 Lakhs and I can spend maximum of 1 L in parts replacement and general overhauling, not more than that.

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers!
--VJ
VJ05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 23:07   #2110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ05 View Post
I'm in a market for a pre-owned SUV and after exploring multiple cars and stopped my search on Yeti primarily due to reasons like it's unique & compact design, great 2.0 L Diesel engine and fun to drive factor in SUV (which is hard to find). Searched online classified websites and found 2 used examples.

1) 2011 Elegance 4&4, single owner, Mileage 45,000
2) 2011 Ambiente 4&4, single owner , Mileage 89,000

Both the above cars are from owner directly. They claim that cars are always maintained in Skoda ASS and in good running condition. I've seen the pictures, interiors and exteriors looks good, yet to physically check the cars.

Now, if I check both the cars physically and found them good mechanically and aesthetically, which one should I buy? One with 45K in Odo or the other one with 89K in Odo. I confirmed with the owner of 45K and he said that they are having multiple cars in the family and Yeti was primarily for ladies, hence the low running. I'm more tempted towards 45K due to it's low mileage and top variant.

I'm also sceptical about buying 8 year old Skoda however Yeti being Manual diesel, risk will be bit lower in comparison to DSG gearbox. However before buying any of the two, I'll get the car checked at Skoda ASS. Now my worry is about the parts replacement which I might have to undergo if I buy any of the cars as they are 8 year old.

Can any of the Yeti owners through some light on the required replacements I might have to do after buying the car and how much they would cost? I'll get both the cars in the range of 4-5 Lakhs and I can spend maximum of 1 L in parts replacement and general overhauling, not more than that.

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers!
--VJ
I wi go with Elegance. It's a higher model and low mileage. You may need water pump, timing kit and clutch replacement depending how it was maintained. Other than that I can't think of any. Yeti a is a solid car and you will barely need any suspension work now.
abbey4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 06:41   #2111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunwar.g View Post
Since it is going to be used occasional (or maybe it will lead to increase in trip :-) ) I don't want to invest in a new car. A 4X4 2L engine + overall package if get in about 3.5-4L seems tempting. Been thinking for over 3-4 weeks and hence thought it's best to ask some of the experts here.
You are right, YETI is a fairly low maintenance car until you have to replace parts. And replacement of parts is also a rarity unless one has taken effort to get the YETI to that situation or, ofcourse, if it has been driven 90k km plus.
I have had a 2011 yeti, elegance, driven 110000km so far, and only twice has there been such a situation. One, when there was a AC compressor failure in the 3rd year of ownership which got replaced by Skoda under warranty (else costs 92k). Second, when I drove the car into 2 feet deep water during the deluge in November 2 years ago (I think), when I had to change the fly wheel and timing belt. There was no need to change the clutch plates then, but I was advice by JMD that I would have to get that changed when I would cross 90k km anyway (and I think I was at 80k odd km already then), and hence better to get it done now as they will not charge the cost of removing other parts required to access the clutch plates as they were already doing that for the flywheel. So I went ahead with it. That episode had costed me around 1.8 lacs (flywheel, timing, clutch plates, sensors, etc).

So in a nutshell, your approx cost of ownership will be as follows:
1- 18k per year in regular maintenance
2- 36k after every 40-45k km on replacement of 4 Tyres
3- 12k on battery replacement once in 3 years.
4- Replacement of timing belt, clutch plates after about 80-90k km, which should cost about 1 lac.

Hope this helps.
Sachin Bhatt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 00:45   #2112
Senior - BHPian

My windscreen washer reservoir (or associated parts) is leaking. When I top the reservoir up, water drips slowly under the floor from the front bumper left side. Either the plastic tank has a leak (most unlikely) or the rubber grommet has gone bust. I was thinking of DIY a fix by replacing the grommet. Any one faced such a problem?
Old 11th October 2019, 20:09   #2113
BHPian

Quote:
yet to physically check the cars.

--VJ
Guys,

Checked out the Elegant Variant today. It drives well, engine bay inspection found out leakage and white smoke from engine head. What could be the issue? Is this repairable? Apart from this, I didn't found much issue in the car.

Now, the question is - Can I go ahead and buy the car if the above issue is sorted out? Is it worth buying the car with the above issue?
Old 12th October 2019, 12:07   #2114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys,

Checked out the Elegant Variant today. It drives well, engine bay inspection found out leakage and white smoke from engine head. What could be the issue? Is this repairable? Apart from this, I didn't found much issue in the car.

Now, the question is - Can I go ahead and buy the car if the above issue is sorted out? Is it worth buying the car with the above issue?
Sounds like any thing ranging from a leaking head gasket to a cracked head. Avoid!

If you must, let the seller repair the car, perform a compression test before taking a call on this
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 21:29   #2115
BHPian

Haldex Gen4 Basic Information for maintenance - Yeti 4x4 / Skoda Superb 3.6 4x4

Quote:
5) has the haldex filter been changed by anyone here or is it just the oil which has been changed. Here's a video of the gen 4 haldex filter which basically pops out using the vcds.
Quote:
My Yeti had completed 100k and had given for timing kit replacement and Haldex oil change (which wasn't changed earlier). When I took my vehicle delivery from Authorized service centre, I received the invoice copy wherein they had mentioned Axle oil in place of Haldex oil and also the no. oil mentioned on the bottle was different from the one mentioned on this forum by other members.
Quote:
That is differential oil. Hence you see axle oil in the parts section and haldex coupling oil in the labour part of the bill. Now, if that will do or not i have no idea. Go through the specs of that oil with this G055175A2 vw. worth a while to compare with this haldex oil https://www.haldexparts.com/4th-gen-...2-for-awd.html.

Quote:
but they aren't still accepting their mistake. Following is the email which I received from them today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
I have never replaced the differential oil nor Skoda asked me to replace when I was servicing through them. I have however replaced haldex twice. Once with Skoda and once with my fng. Now I source parts myself and service done at fng garage.
I understand that most questions regarding Haldex fluid replacement and part numbers have already been answered in this thread. Let me also share my few cents to summarise usual troubles when it comes to Haldex fluid replacement at a Skoda ASC. My experience comes from Superb 3.6 4x4 which basically used the same gen4 Haldex system as Yeti 4x4 (Pre-facelift).
Yeti-facelift, and now Kodiaq/Tiguan uses Gen5 Haldex IIRC.
  1. Skoda ASCs often are not aware of the Haldex fluid replacement interval, procedure or the particular fluid itself. In almost all cases I have seen (including mine), it was always the owners asking for the fluid to be replaced, even if the vehicle was being serviced at large Tier-1 city dealerships
  2. Standard replacement interval of Haldex fluid is 4 years /60,000km, whichever is earlier. This is same as the fluid replacement interval for DQ250 wet clutch DSGs.
  3. Rear differential fluid do not require periodic replacement. They are "filled for life" just like manual transmission fluids.
  4. The reasons for periodic replacement of Haldex fluid is resultant of it using clutch packs that are bathed in the lubricating fluid (which eventually will produce residual material in the fluid). Same as the case of wet clutch DSG. (Note: Dry clutch DSGs don't have periodic fluid replacement intervals)
  5. The specific oil for the Haldex has to lubricate, generate pressure to lock the clutch packs, and at the time same time should not compromise the required friction between the clutch packs/plates (Just like why motorcycle engine oils are different from car engine oils ; motorcycles also wet multiplate clutch pack like Haldex unit and have far less friction modifiers. Read here).
  6. For the above reason, if a dealer has used differential oil on the Haldex unit, it has to be changed on priority. They aren’t compatible at all (it is akin to putting MT transmission oil into a wet clutch DSG).
  7. Most Skoda dealers don’t have the expertise or knowledge about the same. Messing up between rear differential fluid and Haldex fluid is not unheard of in EU markets either. For my car I explicitly provided this differentiation and clarification. I was never at the shop-floor when the work was done, but I guess that could have been done.
  8. Haldex unit and Rear differential units have different drain and fill plugs. It is possible that the ASC can mess up between them, if they don’t follow the right procedure (honestly the information is there in their systems). This thread and pictures in it clearly distinguishes between the drain/fill ports of Haldex vs rear diff units.
  9. No filter replacement for Haldex Gen4: If I’m not mistaken, unlike previous generation of Haldex (i.e. gen1/2/3 which fortunately are not there in any model sold in India as I recall), only the fluid needs periodic replacement for Gen4 & Gen5 systems (no need of filter replacement). Official documentations indicates these filters as “no-maintenance fleece filter”. There are indeed videos and information available on filter replacement, but I doubt if it is recommended by VAG procedure or requirements as part of the 4year/60k KM maintenance for Gen4 Haldex units.
  10. Haldex fluid and composition is quite proprietary. Unlike for the DSG fluids or MT fluid or front/rear diff fluids, I haven’t personally seen any aftermarket equivalent for the Haldex fluid (even from LiquiMoly). I would highly recommend that if you are replacing the fluid in a FNG, you get the genuine VAG Haldex fluid itself. If there is aftermarket equivalent for Haldex fluid, please do let me know 😊
  11. The part number for Gen4 Haldex fluid (1L bottle) is G055175A2 (as rightly mentioned above and in other threads). I am not sure of the exact drain/refill capacity. Someone else could confirm the same.
  12. For owners of Yeti FL 4x4 (I suppose even more rare), do reconfirm if this is same fluid for your Gen5 Haldex system also. Same goes for Kodiaq/Tiguan owners or the curious later gen Audi Q3/TT quattro owners who are reading this thread. IIRC, fluid capacity of Gen5 system is also lower as a result of its more compact nature.
  13. Please see this thread and attachment for another example of a Skoda invoice which includes Haldex fluid (G055175A2)
  14. If you are keen to learn about the Gen4 Haldex system itself or to educate your friendly ASCs, please go through the attached VW SSP

Cheers,
Avinash
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Haldex 4th gen VW SSP.pdf (1.34 MB, 2477 views)
avinash_clt is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks