Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2011, 11:57   #541
BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
I'm sure fast&furious was referring to the issue of single wiper in a lighter vein.
Ya.I was not talking about its performance.But somebody who sees it will consider it as a cost cutting measure.The single wiper in the Etios is very good but I think those points against the dual wiper systems are seriously exaggerated IMHO.99% of people drive cars with 2 wipers and I haven't noticed any serious complaints posted about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
For me the wish list in the order of preference is auto door locks, e-OVRM, One touch power windows, Centre cabin light, dead pedal. Honestly what additional cost Toyota would have incurred giving autolocking doors, one touch windows or a dead pedal
I asked the guy at the showroom about the EORVM and he said it's a bit too costly to include in the Etios.He said the EORVM of Innova costs around 14K and the company decided not to include such features because it might push the Etios out of the segment.Once adjusted, we rarely adjust it again(unless it is foldable).So it's a fancy item to me.Centre cabin light should be included.One touch roll-up windows(via remote)would be useful too.

ACC and rear aircon vents would have been great.Both are extremely useful in my opinion.But again the premium they charge for that logo will keep such features away from us.And it might be difficult to limit features such as rear aircon vents to the higher variants only.Always remember,the base variant costs only 5L.
Old 4th August 2011, 14:09   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&furious View Post
I asked the guy at the showroom about the EORVM and he said it's a bit too costly to include in the Etios.He said the EORVM of Innova costs around 14K and the company decided not to include such features because it might push the Etios out of the segment.Once adjusted, we rarely adjust it again(unless it is foldable).So it's a fancy item to me.
EORVM is at best "good to have" but certainly not a "must have". Just wanted to check with you about mileage. Though it is still early days (400 kms), I think my car returns a mileage of 10 kmpl with a/c on. I really hope it improves once the vehicle crosses 1 or 2 k. Your experience please fast&furious?
Old 4th August 2011, 18:50   #543
BHPian

oops,I made a big mistake.I thought those points viz.body shake were written about the dual wiper systems.My apologies to everyone.But I don't think they are true even in the case of the mono wiper system in Etios(especially that body shake issue).

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurpro View Post
Just wanted to check with you about mileage. Though it is still early days (400 kms), I think my car returns a mileage of 10 kmpl with a/c on. I really hope it improves once the vehicle crosses 1 or 2 k. Your experience please fast&furious?
The mileage is very disappointing to say the least buddy.10-11. not more that.Mine crossed 800 yesterday(and completed 1st service).I too hope that FE will increase as it crosses 2K but by how much is the question here.I wont be happy with 2 or 3 kms.I think it should return something around 15/litre.

Last edited by fast&furious : 4th August 2011 at 18:54.
Old 4th August 2011, 19:41   #544
BHPian

Quote:

The mileage is very disappointing to say the least buddy.10-11. not more that.Mine crossed 800 yesterday(and completed 1st service).I too hope that FE will increase as it crosses 2K but by how much is the question here.I wont be happy with 2 or 3 kms.I think it should return something around 15/litre.
Let us hope it starts improving dramatically from now on . For me, even a 2-3 kms increase is fine as something is better than nothing. 15kmpl in city driving would be gr8 as it would beat my last owned hatch in mileage.
Old 4th August 2011, 22:33   #545
BHPian

It comes with an ARAI FE of 17.64 kmpl.So I think we should get 15 overall.What about a cold air intake system?
Old 5th August 2011, 01:29   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurpro View Post
I think my car returns a mileage of 10 kmpl with a/c on. I really hope it improves once the vehicle crosses 1 or 2 k.
Quote:
The mileage is very disappointing to say the least buddy.10-11. not more that.Mine crossed 800 yesterday(and completed 1st service).I too hope that FE will increase as it crosses 2K but by how much is the question here.
FE will depend on a lot of factors and also how you run in your engine. It can affect with the quality of fuel as well. And if you are driving in too much traffic, it could come down, also if you are revving high before shifting gears.

Just make sure you shift your gears within 2.5-3K rpms and run in the engine smooth. Please avoid sudden acceleration & decelerations as well. Keep the car under 80 kmph.
Old 5th August 2011, 10:00   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
FE will depend on a lot of factors and also how you run in your engine. It can affect with the quality of fuel as well. And if you are driving in too much traffic, it could come down, also if you are revving high before shifting gears.

Just make sure you shift your gears within 2.5-3K rpms and run in the engine smooth. Please avoid sudden acceleration & decelerations as well. Keep the car under 80 kmph.
I use extra premium only,don't drive in too much traffic,revs up to 3k max(often 2.0-2.5) before shifting but still I get only 10-11.I have this habit of accelerating quickly but even then I rarely go beyond 2.5.That might be one issue but I don't do it regularly. To be honest,I don't think this car is going to return that segment leading FE or something close to it. The bigger size of the engine might be the reason.But even the 2.4l engine in the Accord returns 10kmpl on highways.Better engineering eh?
Old 5th August 2011, 12:11   #548
BHPian

My Etios has completed 6500 kms. I get 12-13 kms/ litre with City driving and 100 % AC on. On the highways it returns 15 kms/litre. I never let the RPM's cross 3000. When i drive at 80 km @ 5th gear the RPM needle is hovering at 2100-2200. I have used tankful to tankful method. Considering the size ot the engine, i guess you expect more mileage than this.
Old 5th August 2011, 13:34   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I use extra premium only,don't drive in too much traffic,revs up to 3k max(often 2.0-2.5) before shifting but still I get only 10-11.
Do you have a COCO petrol pump or Shell? If so, try topping up the tank from there and watch the FE. You cannot really believe the extra premium is "actually" extra premium unless the pump has such a good reputation of being authentic.
Old 5th August 2011, 15:43   #550
BHPian

How to identify a COCO petrol pump?The pump I go for refueling is relatively new but big in size.They have extra premium petrol and regular petrol on two different platforms.

Last edited by fast&furious : 5th August 2011 at 15:56.
Old 5th August 2011, 16:56   #551
BHPian

I didn't get what you said, initially.Ya I go to a Company Owned and Company Operated station.So many acronyms here!So I think we can rule out fuel quality issue.
Old 5th August 2011, 22:20   #552
BHPian

Personally, I'd be a very happy man if I got 13kmpl in city conditions. Most Etios owners are there or very close. 15kmpl in City would be pure delight! But I'm not sure whether Toyota will makes us that happy
Old 6th August 2011, 13:14   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
My Etios has completed 6500 kms. I get 12-13 kms/ litre with City driving and 100 % AC on. On the highways it returns 15 kms/litre. I never let the RPM's cross 3000. When i drive at 80 km @ 5th gear the RPM needle is hovering at 2100-2200. I have used tankful to tankful method. Considering the size ot the engine, i guess you expect more mileage than this.
I think the mileage you get seems to be one of the best. Is it so because you have completed 6500 kms? Can you please share the mileage figures you got initially in city and highways for the first 1000 kms or so. Just checking (Hoping) if the mileage figures would improve once I cross 1000 or 2000 kms.
Old 6th August 2011, 13:29   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

You may have a point here. But I dont do sudden acceleration / decelaration and I engage clutch & brake very minimally.

But I find to my surprise that at low RPMs, my car runs very fast. My car once touched a peak of 110 kmph when the rpm read just 3000 at 5th gear. So, in most city conditions, when I could drive only between 30 - 40 kmph, my tacho reads between 1 - 1.5 k at 3rd gear. The car feels very comfortable even at low rpms and so I continue driving between 30 and 40 kmph speeds at 3rd gear. Should I use 2nd gear more (3rd gear was an excellent city gear for my old Estilo) for city driving because the tacho reading is so low in my car at 3rd gear?
Old 6th August 2011, 15:39   #555
BHPian

Etios diesel coming this September!!! (AutoCar India)

Here's some good news for prospective ETIOS buyers, according to AUTOCAR INDIA the ETIOS Diesel should arrive by this September.
Check out the link for more information: Etios diesel coming this September | Autocar India

Some spy pictures of ETIOS Diesel that were taken while being caught testing:

DISCLAIMER: I haven't made any changes in the information nor in the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-ethios_1.jpg  

Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-etios_d.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks