Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 12:26   #766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Pardon the multiple posts, I wish the 20min edit rule wasn't there as once again I forgot to mention a big disappointment I had with the car. It has come with JK Vectra tyres

So I called up Saifee and asked about a swap deal but seems no brand besides Appolo and JK make this size nor does any other car comes with this size. Hence was offered a low resale of Rs.1200 per tyre, guess I am going to have to stick it out with these. They seem fine, comfort-wise.
Hi Sahil. I posed the very same question to Mr. Contractor of Saifee tyres. He said if you even drive to my shop with the JK's, I will give you a a maximum of 1500 per tyre. He suggested to use them out and put new ones in a year. Somehow I am still not satisfied with that answer. I can't think of any good reason why they'd put JKs. They are terrible.
Old 28th September 2010, 12:41   #767
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
How is that possible? Aren't they 195/60R15s?
They are 185/60/R15 not 195s.

Old 28th September 2010, 13:39   #768
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
They are 185/60/R15 not 195s.
OK thanks. But you can STILL upgrade to 195/60 R15s with a difference in overall size of less than 2% (which is safe). And in that size you will get good options from Michelin & Yokohama.
Old 28th September 2010, 14:51   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
OK thanks. But you can STILL upgrade to 195/60 R15s with a difference in overall size of less than 2% (which is safe). And in that size you will get good options from Michelin & Yokohama.
We also have an option of Michelin PP2 (205/55R15). I think this would be safer upgrade as well.
Old 28th September 2010, 14:57   #770
BHPian

My interaction with the VW dealer on this topic resulted in him telling me that any size apart from the one specified would void the warranty. While this is the stand taken by all car manufacturers, in the case of VW I feel they might get more picky and not overlook this.
Old 28th September 2010, 16:56   #771
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sahil,

Hearty congratulations. Is your colour choice same as that of msd63? Pl share some more pics of the interiors & exteriors (sideways & rearside). Also would appreciate if you can give a break-up of on-road price. (msd63, similar request to you as well).
Old 28th September 2010, 22:14   #772
BHPian

I have driven about 50kms in the city, therefore not able to give a detailed account. This is the first time I am driving a Diesel and getting the hang of it. There is definitely a lag in acceleration. A very audible diesel noise on starting and pulling off from stationery but less noisy when the car is in 3rd or 4th gear. Feels grainy not totally smooth when the clutch pedal is depressed, this could be due to vibration in the clutch pedal. Space is no problem in the rear. I found the floor of the car in the cabin several inches lower than the door sill which can result in tripping and tumbling out of the car if one is not careful. Handbrake is awkward but I can manage even with the arm rest horizontal. FE is displaying between 13.5 to 14 in city driving with AC on. Need to drive more to find out more.
Old 29th September 2010, 07:16   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
I have driven about 50kms in the city, therefore not able to give a detailed account. This is the first time I am driving a Diesel and getting the hang of it. There is definitely a lag in acceleration. A very audible diesel noise on starting and pulling off from stationery but less noisy when the car is in 3rd or 4th gear. Feels grainy not totally smooth when the clutch pedal is depressed, this could be due to vibration in the clutch pedal. Space is no problem in the rear. I found the floor of the car in the cabin several inches lower than the door sill which can result in tripping and tumbling out of the car if one is not careful. Handbrake is awkward but I can manage even with the arm rest horizontal. FE is displaying between 13.5 to 14 in city driving with AC on. Need to drive more to find out more.
How is the pick up and smoothness of this car, maybe as compared to your earlier Getz1.3?
Old 29th September 2010, 08:39   #774
njh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
Posting some pictures of my Vento. Haven't driven enough to comment yet on the driving experience.

Hi msd63,
Great buy!! Many congratulations.
Old 29th September 2010, 09:13   #775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hi Sahil,

Hearty congratulations. Is your colour choice same as that of msd63? Pl share some more pics of the interiors & exteriors (sideways & rearside). Also would appreciate if you can give a break-up of on-road price. (msd63, similar request to you as well).
Ex-showroom thane-9 lakhs
+ insurance-25,000
+ RTO tax- 65,000
+ CRTM-1000
Octroi as applicable

In my case, with Pune octroi and benefit of 65%NCB(yes I have an old policy yet alive) the final OTR for me will be 10lakhs rounded off.
Old 29th September 2010, 09:45   #776
Senior - BHPian

Sahil, thank you for sharing the break-up. NCB of 65% would be a decent saving. I was not aware NCB could even go to that extent, always thought it to be capped at 50%. OTR under 10 lacs is very good, this being a psychological figure.

Msd63, I appreciate your patience of getting used to your Vento TDI. Since you are shifting from a gasoline engine to an oil burner, it is but obvious for you to take note of the lag in acceleration, the very audible diesel noise, grainy feeling etc which are the typical characteristics of a diesel engine. But I am sure after a couple of weeks these perceptions would change. Once the engine has done its running-in, you would notice a vast difference.
Old 29th September 2010, 10:22   #777
Senior - BHPian

IAB and VW India report that 4000 ventos have been booked.
Old 29th September 2010, 10:23   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Got the car last night after much delay, it was to be here during the first week of September itself but the automatic's got delayed from VW's end.
Car came in on Wednesday and was home last night.
Sahil, what is the mileage of Vento AT in City driving condition? One of my friend want to buy Vento AT, just wanted to confirm on mileage front.
Old 29th September 2010, 11:16   #779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Sahil, what is the mileage of Vento AT in City driving condition? One of my friend want to buy Vento AT, just wanted to confirm on mileage front.
I have only got the car 2 days ago, its way to early to comment on the FE.
You friend shouldn't expect more than 10kmpl, anything more is a bonus.
And if FE is his largest priority then get the diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I was not aware NCB could even go to that extent, always thought it to be capped at 50%.
Yes it is capped at 50% in recent years, but I have carried forward this NCB from a very old policy hence 65% remains.
We rarely ever claim insurance hence have several of our cars still under 65% NCB
Old 29th September 2010, 12:00   #780
BHPian

Beautiful car. I wish they had offered all the features of Vento in Polo Highline.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks