Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 13:57   #751
Senior - BHPian

Hi MSD & Flash777,

Hearty congratulations to both of you. Let the euphoria of the new arrival sink in. Enjoy the moment. We can just imagine your delight. We would also like to be a part of the celebrations, so pl spare some time to take some good snaps & post your initial ownership reports. Eagerly awaiting for the same.

Das Auto
Old 27th September 2010, 18:34   #752
Senior - BHPian

2 out of 2 Vento Diesel Highline.
I am betting a 70% share for this diesel highline alone.
Old 27th September 2010, 22:23   #753
BHPian

Posting some pictures of my Vento. Haven't driven enough to comment yet on the driving experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0001.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0002.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0003.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0004.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0005.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0006.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0007.jpg  

Old 27th September 2010, 23:09   #754
BHPian

Congradulations msd63 on the new car. The pictures are amazing, keep it coming and also post your ownership review. Wish you many happy miles with your new car.
Old 27th September 2010, 23:22   #755
BHPian

Congrats msd63. Btw, did they say any thing about improving the waiting period, expanding/improving the count and quality of service network, any other future plans?

Looking forward to see your new babes in Bangalore streets
Old 28th September 2010, 03:42   #756
BHPian

Can anybody see the service manual and check what is the timing belt replacement interval for the diesel?
Old 28th September 2010, 07:59   #757
BHPian

Thats what I think too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Sorry for an unfair comparison, the small sized palio 1.6 stile gives far better punch as well as handling. I dont know why people are going ga-ga behind Vento (and the overpriced Polo 1.6 for that matter).

On a lighter note I told him if at all someday he is planning to get 80L car from VW then drive to the showroom on a scooter wearing pyjamas and throw a cheque right on their face LOL!...
Comparing the Palio GTX/S10 would be more unfair. Even when compared to my present car(Cruze) the GTX I had was more of a drivers car. True the Cruze accelerates and brakes better than the GTX but in all other parameters the Cruze loses out. Heck even the companies new breed of Punto and Lineas cannot beat the yester year car. One serious disadvantage the present FIAT cars have is the service at TATA service centers and the second class treatment dolled out to FIAT cars. The GTX was far ahead of its time and still is compared to the present breed of cars but the myth about its poor fuel efficiency bought its downfall. I was getting 9.8kmpl in the city and was very happy about it. E=MCsquared holds true even for the GTX. You cannot make seamless power from 1000rpm to 6500rpm out of nothing. The nearest competition for the GTX costs 23lakhs and upwards. No replacement as yet has been released in the Indian market as yet and as far as the crystal ball says there never will be unless they put in the 1.4tjet in a resurrected Palio which is wishful thinking.

I have a cousin here in Cochin and a friend in Andhrapradesh who do exactly that. All the huge cars that they have bought was after a test drive they took that had them reaching the showroom either in a autorickshaw or in a bajaj scooter. But the sales staff in Cochin/Hyderbad at least can see through the ploy and have been courteous regardless of the attire.
Old 28th September 2010, 08:47   #758
Senior - BHPian

Hi msd63,

Wonderful pictures. The car looks very composed & stands out in the lush green background (guess it is your garden). The engine bay looks very neat & well arranged. Wonder what is the wire mesh for towards the wiper end of the bay, any idea?

I am very eager to read about you driving experience, waiting with bated breath for your ownership thread.
Old 28th September 2010, 09:54   #759
BHPian

msd63 - Great pictures. Lovely choice of color - guessing it is Silver
Old 28th September 2010, 11:11   #760
Distinguished - BHPian

Vento A/T Delivered !

Got the car last night after much delay, it was to be here during the first week of September itself but the automatic's got delayed from VW's end.
Car came in on Wednesday and was home last night.

Initial impression:
-Looks great from the front-end, have always been a fan of the Polo front-end and this looks even better thanks to the lower air dams etc

-Steering is nice and light, perfect for city driving

-Suspension very good..not firm, surprisingly since most Germans are

-Interior plastics are of better quality and feel than the ANHC

-Dash & center console is nice but not quite as exciting as the ANHC. If you find it unappealing in the pics, chances are you will find it even more unappealing in real.

-Engine has an unappealing grunt in the lower rpms. I haven't driven it much nor revved it much since its a 100km virgin, so hoping it sounds better at higher rpms.

-The automatic shifts seamlessly, very smooth.

-The downshift delay is hyped, I did not find it a problem. Maybe a highway run or more driving would change my opinion but I doubt it's a deal breaker.

-Horn is loud ! Very audible in the car. Glad it's the german sounding horn rather than the cheap shrill ones the japs give.

-Delivery experience was not upto the mark by KSM VW Navi Mumbai. The interiors were not cleaned well enough, I found dust accumilated in several places. The seat plastic was removed before hand and there is a light stain on the back seat.
Although I am thankful that they gave me the first Vento A/T they got. But this was only because I was in touch with one of the showroom partners constantly and we had 5 cars booked before launch amongst my friends and I. No other automatics have come in from the factory as yet, don't know why VW has delayed it so much.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img00169201009281032.jpg  

Last edited by Sahil : 28th September 2010 at 11:15.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2010, 11:23   #761
Distinguished - BHPian

Sahil, she looks lovely. Some more pics and a more detailed write-up please! You have no idea how eagerly awaited your review is- I caught this post almost "real-time"!
Old 28th September 2010, 11:43   #762
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Sahil, she looks lovely. Some more pics and a more detailed write-up please! You have no idea how eagerly awaited your review is- I caught this post almost "real-time"!
noopster- this car is not going to be used by me much, infact I will be sending it to Pune next week. Hence I probably won't put up a full review thread. So please go ahead and ask your queries, I will be happy to answer them.

I will update this thread with more pics and some more inputs over the week once I have driven the car some more.

*I missed this out- The rear AC vent has good cooling but the blower speed is a 3rd of the front's.

Last edited by Sahil : 28th September 2010 at 11:50.
Old 28th September 2010, 12:10   #763
Distinguished - BHPian

Pardon the multiple posts, I wish the 20min edit rule wasn't there as once again I forgot to mention a big disappointment I had with the car. It has come with JK Vectra tyres

So I called up Saifee and asked about a swap deal but seems no brand besides Appolo and JK make this size nor does any other car comes with this size. Hence was offered a low resale of Rs.1200 per tyre, guess I am going to have to stick it out with these. They seem fine, comfort-wise.

Last edited by Sahil : 28th September 2010 at 12:12.
Old 28th September 2010, 12:17   #764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
It has come with JK Vectra tyres

So I called up Saifee and asked about a swap deal but seems no brand besides Appolo and JK make this size nor does any other car comes with this size.
How is that possible? Aren't they 195/60R15s?
Old 28th September 2010, 12:19   #765
Senior - BHPian

@msd63, congrats on your car. Looks beautiful. Can you tell if sitting in the rear seats, you wished they could have been a little higher?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks