Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2022, 15:24   #9781
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Hi Bhpians ,

I have been on the scout for a used vento for a while now and got hold of a car which has clocked in 23000 kms ,but the only small hesitation I have is its 2017 model it has the DSG and already in its 2nd owner , the car looks to be well maintained both exterior and interior but there is a small hesitation in me whether to take a plunge or not and the asking price is 8 lakhs .

Need advice on this
Old 4th August 2022, 23:20   #9782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteburner View Post
I'm willing to diy the process and have acquired necessary tools.
However unable to source the rear shocks and associated fasteners
Give Man&Machine, CheckEngines a try if you want go the fng route. Regarding the rear Sachs struts, I think Kannan Auto Parts (www.kannanautoparts.com) maybe able to source them. I got my Ate rotors and pads from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra__foxtrot View Post
I have been on the scout for a used vento for a while now and got hold of a car which has clocked in 23000 kms ,but the only small hesitation I have is its 2017 model it has the DSG and already in its 2nd owner, the car looks to be well maintained both exterior and interior but there is a small hesitation in me whether to take a plunge or not and the asking price is 8 lakhs.
Anything below 8L for a low run 2017 Vento is worth looking into, if you find the service history intact and the odometer reading genuine then its worth putting it in top of your list.
Old 6th August 2022, 09:10   #9783
BHPian

Re: 7 Years And 1,95,000 Kms With A Vento Tdi Dsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteburner View Post
Could you help me source(part supplier contact) sachs rear dampers with part number 313 378.
Seller should be willing to ship.

Thanks in advance
I myself am trying to source the Sachs dampers. Where did you source the front ones from and the part number was
314 717 I assume?

I am trying to source 314 717 for the front and 313 378 for the rear of my 2018 Vento TDI.
Old 6th August 2022, 11:13   #9784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer911 View Post
I myself am trying to source the Sachs dampers. Where did you source the front ones from and the part number was
314 717 I assume?

I am trying to source 314 717 for the front and 313 378 for the rear of my 2018 Vento TDI.
If you are unable to source it and you want to try out some other brand, please give me some time till the end of this month.

One of our front shocks started leaking at 1.21 lakh kms and we ended up with Monroe as Sachs was out of stock. It's a nitrogen charged shock absorber like Sachs which is different from the oil only Gabriel which comes from the factory. I have a highway trip coming up at the end of the month and will post a detailed update.

Costed us 3.7k per side. Sachs are supposed to be 5-6k per side although that was our first choice. Only the front ones were changed. The rear is still holding up.
Old 10th August 2022, 15:04   #9785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer911 View Post

Couldn't source rear shocks due to part non availability, had contacted zf india and still they couldn't source part.

Regarding fronts got them for around 6k each and that took a long time.
Old 11th August 2022, 12:32   #9786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra__foxtrot View Post
Hi Bhpians ,

I have been on the scout for a used vento for a while now and got hold of a car which has clocked in 23000 kms ,but the only small hesitation I have is its 2017 model it has the DSG and already in its 2nd owner , the car looks to be well maintained both exterior and interior but there is a small hesitation in me whether to take a plunge or not and the asking price is 8 lakhs .

Need advice on this
8 lacs appears to be on higher side. Why with just 23k, it's with the 2nd owner? Do check the service records properly for possible odo tampering.

For your reference, I had picked up a used 2017 TDI DGS HL model,58k run and 1st owner in February this year @ 6.50 lacs. You should get the car around that price.

All the best
Old 18th August 2022, 12:51   #9787
BHPian

My 2016 TSI which has run 1,40,000 KMs has been really good so far barring 2 breakdowns of the DSG both of which were luckily fixed without any major cost to me.

Last week when I was 120 KMs from home the ECS light came on and the car started shuddering. I was only a few hundred metres from my work place so I drove slowly back there. The engine was barely able to move the car but we managed to crawl back.

Once we got the car to Susee VW Vellore, the SA said it was probably because of the spark plugs. It had been about 2 years since my spark plugs had been changed during the normal service.

Upon inspection they found that all 4 spark plugs needed to be replaced and also that the ignition coil and leads had salt crystals developed in it and needed to be replaced. He said the salt crystals developed because they had gotten wet at some point. However he admitted that they were sealed and shouldn't have gotten wet at any point. I was in a forgiving mood as the car has been driven many KMs already.

Long story short, the parts were changed and the car drives fine now.

I have attached the bill.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20220818_084206.jpg  

Old 3rd September 2022, 08:05   #9788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Hi,
There's nothing to worry actually. Suspension and brakes warranty is only for 6 months. Please check your warranty papers to be doubly sure.

Are you sure the Monroe struts that were ordered were meant for the Vento? Do you have the old one in hand to cross check whether the part numbers are compatible with each other?

Shock absorbers externally look almost the same but the stiffness is usually controlled internally with different valves(? Not completely sure here). So it's possible that your FNG may have ordered a part with the same size and travel but not necessarily designed for your car as the shock absorbers need to match with the spring rate.

It's unlikely that they'll take back the shock absorbers though if you want to exchange.
Warranty booklet exclusion clause attached for ref.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-3716fb137eb2499296d6a1c1b57bb974.jpeg  

Old 3rd September 2022, 09:04   #9789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post

Problems with the suspension in my car

My Vento TSI highline+ is June 2019 make/purchase and is currently completing 3 years and ~35k KMs. For the past one year I have been struggling with my car's stiff suspension. I tried multiple things like reaching out to several ASCs and changing my tyres to Michelin P4STs. While the change of tyres helped for a bit but the problem went on to become worse.

All my service centre visits would turn futile as the staff would take a Test Drive and simply comment that it's a sporty car and hence the suspension is supposed to be stiff. I loved the car's suspension when it was new and it was comfortable and good when it came to handling.
I am facing the exact same issues - stiff, harsh ride on bad roads and no acknowledgement / action by multiple service centres.
Aspirational is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 13:38   #9790
BHPian

Quote:
1) Does only leaky strut mean that struts have gone bad ?
This is not true. Vento comes with Gas Type shock absorbers which has high pressure gas chambers inside the shock absorber. A leakage to these gasses can compromise the dampening and rebound capabilities of the shock.

In our Chevrolet Sail, there was a similar issue. When the shock absorber(also gas type) was disassembled, it was in a similar stuck condition wherein it wouldn't come back once it was compressed. In such a situation it will rely on the spring to pull it back and it can make the ride bouncy.

I replaced both shocks with Monroe along with mounting (Technix), all ordered from Boodmo.

Monroe is a decent brand for small cars. They were even the OEM fitment for some cars like Renault Duster.

The ride quality is exceptional and the body roll is also minimal although Sail is not a handling tuned car like Vento.
Old 6th September 2022, 18:05   #9791
BHPian

Thanks all for the inputs and kind responses,

Update the forum on what happened next in last month on the car.

1) Car went in for 3rd annual service - Regular service was completed on the car.
2) Suspension issue was pointed out, the entire suspension (except coil springs) was replaced by the service centre to OEM components. I wanted to check if using aftermarket components was affecting the ride. Anyways, I have always preferred OEMs as they are properly tested for the car, this was the only non-stock part in the car which was changed in emergency.
3) Post the suspension change, ride quality did not improve much. The change was very small, if at all. Car wobbles a bit on plain-fresh laid roads and on higher speeds 60-80kmph, vertical movements can be felt in the car. Driving on potholed road and unpaved surfaced is a nightmare. I feel uncomfortable and my wife(who is pregnant) just cannot tolerate the ride on bad surfaces. This is despite my trying to go as slow on the bumps.
4) I rented different cars and trying using another Skoda Rapid (essentially same car) to feel if I am being paranoid about the ride and discovered that Rapid (4 year old) and other cars had way better ride than my car with new suspension.
5) I checked wheel balancing for my car at Tyre empire and they tried "Force matching" on the tyres which involves taking off the tyre from the alloy and matching it correctly according to weights and give the right place on tyre and allow that should be matched.
6) I followed up with PPS VW, they were gracious enough to send their staff to my apartment complex where I could take around on roads I know and demonstrate the issues faced by me. We did the lengthy road tests and checked the wheel balancing at a reputed shop nearby. They admitted that the car was indeed not fine in terms of handling. Couple of other issues were also observed an acknowledged (sound from steering column, DSG judder when accelerating on turns)
7) Car is at PPS workshop currently being worked on by the folks under one of the Service Advisor who has been earlier praised in the forum. I will keep this space posted once I receive the car back.

Currently to me, the probable cause seems to be either tyres(Michelin Primacy 4ST - bought July'21) or coil springs (which do not go bad so early and easily). Nearly all other parts in suspension setup have been changed but the ride is nowhere near the stock/new car or even other similar cars.

Fingers crossed as after having spent close to 1lakh for suspension repair twice in last 5 months, if the car doesn't get repaired now - only option left would be to sell it, which is something I am not mentally ready as the engine is exceptionally good, car is only 3 years old and I initially intended to keep is much longer (following the logic presented several times in this forum) .
Rahul_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 20:45   #9792

Hello folks,

I have a 2015 Vento 1.6 Petrol (mpi) MT. Currently it needs longer than usual cranking to start.

I'm planning to go for the battery replacement. What is the capacity of OEM fitted battery in this engine-gearbox combination?

Many websites and offline stores have confused me between 45Ah and 60Ah capacities.

Thanks,
Shubham
Old 12th September 2022, 14:31   #9793
BHPian

Quote:
Fingers crossed as after having spent close to 1lakh for suspension repair twice in last 5 months, if the car doesn't get repaired now - only option left would be to sell it, which is something I am not mentally ready as the engine is exceptionally good, car is only 3 years old and I initially intended to keep is much longer (following the logic presented several times in this forum) .
That is so saddening to hear. I cannot fathom how VW India cannot resolve this seemingly minor issue. This is really embarrassing and frustrating after spending so much money on a 'premium' brand in India. It's high time we need lemon laws here in India. You could also file a case with Ministry of Consumer Affairs online and hope for a resolution. This has helped me previously with another automobile manufacturer in a similar situation.
The chances of you getting a reward from the consumer forum is low, but it will surely expedite your case with VW and they will do anything to make you cancel the case before it escalates.
Old 12th September 2022, 15:46   #9794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2) Suspension issue was pointed out, the entire suspension (except coil springs) was replaced by the service centre to OEM components. I wanted to check if using aftermarket components was affecting the ride. Anyways, I have always preferred OEMs as they are properly tested for the car, this was the only non-stock part in the car which was changed in emergency.
Hi,
Can you actually share the list of parts changed during both the services? Have you been provided with the old components after the change?

Also, what is the tire pressure you are maintaining and the tire size you are currently using.
Old 23rd September 2022, 12:01   #9795
BHPian

Finally got RCD340 for my vento. A new unit costs almost 25-30k and I was not willing to spend so much on a HU. Luckily I found a scrap dealers(I had already bought some parts from him in the past) post on instagram that he will soon be getting a Skoda rapid for parts. I messaged him and got the stereo. The only negative being the green backlighting

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20220923-11.21.44-am.jpeg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20220923-11.15.41-am-1.jpeg

Also installed reverse camera. Installation is simple this video explains everything. I also messaged Jeel Shihora (person who made the video) and he answered all my queries.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20220923-11.15.42-am-2.jpeg

All tyres were due for replacement and 3 alloys were also bent so decided to change the alloys as well. I got a good deal on the rapid alloy wheels so bought them as well. One alloy had a minor bent while the others were perfect. Got yoko earth 1 in 195/55/R16 size.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20220923-11.14.10-am.jpeg
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20220923-11.18.51-am.jpeg
Atharva4545 is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks