Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2012, 19:22   #3871
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

To All Existing Vento Owners -

- There has been a notification from VW to replace the oil filter and fuel filter free of cost for a few cars falling under a particular VIN batch. Mine went in for check up couple of days back and both these filters were replaced under warranty. My car was a june 2011 make (TDI).

- Everytime the battery terminal is disconnected, speed sensing locks/unlock has to be activated once again.

Learnt these things from my recent interaction with the service center when my car went for a check up.

Last edited by bala80 : 21st January 2012 at 19:24.
bala80 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 23:40   #3872
BHPian

Received the 2012 model Vento prices today from Volkswagen Downtown. The revised price for Vento HL TDI is
Ex-showroom : 1015867
Road Tax : 157867
Insurance : 39790
Regn Charges : 7000
Essential Kit : 3255
Extended Warranty: 11199
OTR : 1234978

No changes other than leatherette covers are expected.

Discounts on 2011 models are as mentioned earlier in the forum, Rs. 40,000 + Corporate Discount.
Old 22nd January 2012, 08:23   #3873
Senior - BHPian

My thoughts in bold and thanks for sharing the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaja View Post
Received the 2012 model Vento prices today from Volkswagen Downtown. The revised price for Vento HL TDI is

Ex-showroom : 1015867
Since I purchased the car back in Dec'10 at 9.13 lac Ex-Showroom, the prices have jacked up by Rs. 1 lac. Good news for existing owners as there cars value is actually appreciating with very less depreciation applicable

Road Tax : 157867
Road tax is quite high in Banglore. Here in Vashi(MH43) tax applicable is just 7% of the Ex-Showroom value which would come out as Rs. 71,111 keeping in mind Ex-Showroom value mentioned above

Insurance : 39790
Rs. 40K, thats way too much frankly. I got my insurance done from Bharti AXA for just Rs. 17,000 that to 0 dep. Customers are being fleeced left and right.

Regn Charges : 7000
This seems to be handling and depot charges which is also present here VW Navi Mumbai

Essential Kit : 3255
What does it include? Mats & mud flaps?

Extended Warranty: 11199
Thats the actual cost of 2+2/100000 Kms extended warranty. No fleecing here.

OTR : 1234978
Vento in Banglore almost makes it to D-Segment category with such high taxes.

No changes other than leatherette covers are expected.

Discounts on 2011 models are as mentioned earlier in the forum, Rs. 40,000 + Corporate Discount.
Old 22nd January 2012, 18:11   #3874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
My thoughts in bold and thanks for sharing the information.
Yes. The Essential kit includes Mats and Mudflaps.

I booked a 2011 Vento HL TDI (Black colour). Thinking of taking only Mudflaps, but not the mats. I will go for Kagu 3D Mats, as I have seen good reviews of them on the forum.

The SA told me that the tyres can be Apollo or JK Vectra or MRF. Thinking whether I should change the tyres now, if I get JK / MRF, or change them later.
Old 22nd January 2012, 21:20   #3875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post

- There has been a notification from VW to replace the oil filter and fuel filter free of cost for a few cars falling under a particular VIN batch. Mine went in for check up couple of days back and both these filters were replaced under warranty. My car was a june 2011 make (TDI).
Thats interesting. My fuel filter got replaced under warranty after I had complained of sluggishness from a cold start at morning. They didnt say anything about the oil filter.

I came on a short road trip so got to drive over an extended stretch (more on that in the mini-travelogue once its up) and noticed the vibration on the clutch. Its mild but its nevertheless there though the sound is barely noticeable. The major "thunk" sound from the left side is something I experienced when I went through a bad undulation at about 110 KMPH but seems there has been no reason discovered yet for its cause.

Since TBHP member ricky had got the clutch issue resolved will observe it more closely over the next long drive on the next long weekend . Then it would be time to eat the VW service center brains .
Old 22nd January 2012, 21:58   #3876
Senior - BHPian

I dont want to comment on the quantum of increase but then at this rate, people like me who bought vento TDI for 9.34 lakhs ex-showroom might be able to sell it at a profit very soon. Especially with the 80k tax proposed on the diesel cars in the upcoming budget.

Did someone say car is a depreciating asset? think again!

Quote:
I never complained about anything, they just automatically replaced both these for me. They showed me the bill with the component change and labour which was around 3400 (approx) and was covered under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Thats interesting. My fuel filter got replaced under warranty after I had complained of sluggishness from a cold start at morning. They didnt say anything about the oil filter.

Last edited by bala80 : 22nd January 2012 at 22:03.
Old 22nd January 2012, 23:28   #3877
BHPian

VW to add leatherette seats to the Highline Vento!!!

Volkswagen is going to add leatherette seats to its 2012 Highline Vento. I would say its a welcome move by VW. The vento was just updated with steering mounted audio controls, parking sensors with display on the music system and USB Aux inputs. I think they are reading the customers feedback and have been doing this. Now if we compare the Vento Highline to the Verna (SX) the only things missing are the Reverse Camera and Start/Stop button. It is priced lower than the verna too. I would might as well pick up the vento over the verna, the ride and handling is way better than the Verna and the rear seat comfort is a million times better on the vento. Well done VW
Old 23rd January 2012, 00:39   #3878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I booked a 2011 Vento HL TDI (Black colour). Thinking of taking only Mudflaps, but not the mats. I will go for Kagu 3D Mats, as I have seen good reviews of them on the forum.
Even I have a Pearl Black VW Vento TDi HL Apr'11. Take the mudflaps from VW and buy the Kagu 3D mats, they are worth every penny.
I have black color Kagu 3D mats in my vento which costed me Rs. 4,500 way back in May'11.

Quote:
The SA told me that the tyres can be Apollo or JK Vectra or MRF. Thinking whether I should change the tyres now, if I get JK / MRF, or change them later.
Well most people say that Indian make tyres are bad, but they certainly aren't. I have got JK's and they certainly have earned respect. The tyre noise may be there , but if the road is properly tarred there is hardly any tyre noise.
The sidewall is also not as soft as Yoko's or Michelin which makes JK very useful if the roads are pot holed. My advice use them and see if you need to change then only change.

Recently had gone on a drive to Igatpuri and had encountered Kasara Ghats, the car handled so very well and I never felt that Yoko or Michelin would have made any difference. The car was pushed left and right but it never complained. At the end of it the brakes were giving out smoke, so you can make out how much pressure was put on the tyre and brakes.
Old 23rd January 2012, 08:16   #3879
BHPian

Re: Bringing home the blue teutonic beauty - VW Vento TDI Highline

Very cool thread indeed. I did a VW Vento TD yesterday. A small review of this:

Reached Witefiled VW at around 13:00 hrs. very hot afternoon. The salesperson was very cordial and explained the car and the mechanics very well.
Soon i was holding the snazzy key (more like a swiss knife) and starting a silver TDi which had run 247 KMs.

what i loved about the wagon:
* Center armrest had 60 degree movement on the up and down and can rest in any position. it does not interfere with gear change is positioned appropriately. AWESOME
* ORVM can be adjusted like a joystick. A pleasure especially when you want to move the left mirror. (A common feature in most of the cars)
* Gear change is short and sweet. Reverse might be a bit involved for the newbies who need to go the first gear route for getting back. A pressdown and first gear movement is required. My guess is - a genius move by VW to align drive train. - GOOD
* the display is simple and not flashy. It does it job well. The sales person went and stood back while i reversed using the rearview mirror. The display was accurate and managed not to bang into the guy .
* My wife and kid loved the rear AC and that too it can be split to different directions. AWESOME.
* Independent rear wheel suspensions. I deliberately drove in undulated road at high speed and it was like going in a swing. the McPhersons independent made the difference. A marked difference in the drive. AWESOME
* 105 HP seems a little less compared to 118 of City, but nevertheless it revvs good and overtaking is a pleasure. overtook a Skoda cruising at ~60 on the outer ring road, with this one in 3rd gear only. Pure adrenalin. AWESOME.
* Was searching for the exhaust and its neatly tucked under with a downward snout. Brilliant i would say. The bonnet and the boot are very practically designed.

--Wanted to drive the 2012 HC with the improved GC (165). wonder what improvement it would have though! Every speedbreaker in bangalore scrapes the underbody.

//What do you folks suggest? Trade off Honda and go in for this VW just because of its pure practicality?
FuelInjector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 10:58   #3880
BHPian

Re: VW to add leatherette seats to the Highline Vento!!!

Vikram, how did you get this info? Any other changes being planned? And most important - Will they increase the price for this?
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:02   #3881
Senior - BHPian

This is definitely going to come at a cost. Now that VW is in process of hiking the car prices, this seems to be an attempt to soothe the customer before hand. Would this not put off the existing Vento owners? I hope that VW wisens up and provides all these features within the existing price bracket.
Old 23rd January 2012, 12:33   #3882
BHPian

Quote:

- Everytime the battery terminal is disconnected, speed sensing locks/unlock has to be activated once again.

Learnt these things from my recent interaction with the service center when my car went for a check up.
Thanks Bala for heads up.

Just now I have called PalaceCross, Blr and fixed appointment to replace my fuel filter in warranty.

They mentioned for diesel cars it's only diesel filter replacement not oil filter??

My car MFG date is 03/2011.
Old 23rd January 2012, 14:28   #3883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Thanks Bala for heads up.

Just now I have called PalaceCross, Blr and fixed appointment to replace my fuel filter in warranty.

They mentioned for diesel cars it's only diesel filter replacement not oil filter??

My car MFG date is 03/2011.
Did you guys just give general checkup as a reason or the filter replacement? I have secured a checkup session this week at BU Bhandari; however the lady at the workshop was oblvious to the filter issue.

Will be surely getting in touch with the workshop floor people to get more clarity when I get there on Wednesday.
Old 23rd January 2012, 14:39   #3884
BHPian

Me being a Vento owner am completely satisfied and not worried by the price hike. I got the Highline for 10.6L on-road (Coimbatore). After that VW have been constantly hiking the price and the government also has incresed taxes and the Highline now costs 12.2l on-road (Coimbatore).

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Vikram, how did you get this info? Any other changes being planned? And most important - Will they increase the price for this?
I was informed by a friend from VW and yes there is a slight increase in price. Cars should be in showrooms this month end.
Old 23rd January 2012, 14:47   #3885
Senior - BHPian

This is nice to have feature in Vento. It would be great if you could share the source of this information. I believe, giving the link to the exact source of information is mandatory in T-BHP .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks