Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2012, 22:42   #3901
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
Thanks Ninja ! I'll take up the handling charges issue with the dealership. As for discounts, they say for 2012 model there are none. I only get corporate discount (platinum) which he's supposed to confirm, would be around 19K.

The insurance they are offering is by Bajaj Allianz. But I'm free to get it on my own... am gonna check it up with the local guy here. Is there some difference in the performance of AIG vs Allianz... just curious
Hi Rock22, Platinum discount would be more than 19K. I got 27K. Please check again with the dealer.
skaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 22:48   #3902
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
Thanks Ninja ! I'll take up the handling charges issue with the dealership. As for discounts, they say for 2012 model there are none. I only get corporate discount (platinum) which he's supposed to confirm, would be around 19K.

The insurance they are offering is by Bajaj Allianz. But I'm free to get it on my own... am gonna check it up with the local guy here. Is there some difference in the performance of AIG vs Allianz... just curious
Wow - zero discounts for Petrol! That's a bold move by VW (if not the dealer!) Surprised to hear that.

As for AIG vs Allianz, both are good enough. Have experienced the services of AIG already, tension-free. I expect Allianz's service to be the same. Would suggest to get quotes from both and go for the cheaper one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
After crossing 22,600 in my car I have created my ownership thread, Please take a look

Sorry for the long delay
Der Aaye, durust aaye

Can you put a few pics of your car as of date? Would like to see how the blue is holding up after 10 odd months (w.r.t. scratches/swirls/etc).

Last edited by ninjatalli : 24th January 2012 at 22:54.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 23:35   #3903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
After crossing 22,600 in my car I have created my ownership thread, Please take a look

Sorry for the long delay
Not able to see the thread. Is it still private?
Old 26th January 2012, 08:42   #3904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Not able to see the thread. Is it still private?
It's private now, Will update once ready.
Old 26th January 2012, 13:47   #3905
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest prices from VW Agra (taken during my conference) -

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20120126-13.05.41_2.jpg

Check out the Zero Dep Insurance rates, and the Essential Fitment prices. Upon enquiry about the latter, I was told that they were mud flaps and floor mats.

Offers -

30K off all 2011 Polo petrols,
25K off all 2011 Polo diesels,

50K off all 2011 Vento petrols,
35K off all 2011 Vento diesels.

And additionally, 12K Corporate Discount on the 2011 Polos & 20K Corporate Discount on the 2011 Ventos.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2012, 19:13   #3906
Senior - BHPian

Thanks RavenAvi. The increase on TDI HL is close to 43k for ex-showroom delhi? In places like chennai, this will mean an addititional 5% of road tax, resulting in an increase of 50k in road tax alone. Its going to be uber expensive in bangalore, hyderabad and chennai due to the road tax rates. The OTR will be around 12.5 lakhs now and its dangerously close to cruze LT at this price point in the above places.

And for this 43k increase VW provides you with art leather seats which should not be more than 8K if done aftermarket!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Last edited by bala80 : 26th January 2012 at 19:14.
Old 26th January 2012, 19:29   #3907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Thanks RavenAvi. The increase on TDI HL is close to 43k for ex-showroom delhi? In places like chennai, this will mean an addititional 5% of road tax, resulting in an increase of 50k in road tax alone. Its going to be uber expensive in bangalore, hyderabad and chennai due to the road tax rates. The OTR will be around 12.5 lakhs now and its dangerously close to cruze LT at this price point in the above places.

And for this 43k increase VW provides you with art leather seats which should not be more than 8K if done aftermarket!
Even I don't see the logic behind this price rise. They want to kill the Vento to make room for Rapid? Ideally this is there last opportunity to come out with a CL variant.

Even in Delhi the road tax will increase by around 4% from the current 8.75%. I don't see why anyone would not upgrade and go for the Cruze or settle for a Verna/Sunny rather.
Old 26th January 2012, 20:04   #3908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post

A 43k increase for just leatherette seats is simply criminal.At this rate VW will make the new Fiesta look VFM.
Hopefully VW add more features like electrically folding mirrors,Bluetooth etc..
Old 26th January 2012, 20:15   #3909
Senior - BHPian

Strange are the ways of VW, I dont think, anyone here understand their strategies.

The ex-showroom price of the Vento TDI HL has been increased by almost an lakh over when it was first introduced in Sep 2010 (9.34 lakhs) which is not even an year and half into the product lifecycle. If you see the additions that have happened in the past year and half, they'd not command anything over 25k at the max, isnt it?

Agreed input costs are increasing, etc, etc. But then its the same for everyone and nothing that impacts only VW. Either VW was doing us a favour by selling the car at 9.34 lakhs an year back or they have become too greedy now that they have started taking the customer's for granted. I can see a tinge of arrogance creeping in, which was once a hallmark of Honda, before petrol prices brought them crashing down!

If we rejected the new fiesta as overpriced, what is with the vento now? Its almost on par with the verna SX-O variant with 6 airbags, right? It makes verna THE VFM choice in the segment. I'm all the more disappointed as an vento owner as this will literally kill the brand in the long run. I wouldn't be surprised if VW starts giving discounts on their cars soon, especially with the proposed excise duty increase in the upcoming budget. Sad, but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Even I don't see the logic behind this price rise. They want to kill the Vento to make room for Rapid? Ideally this is there last opportunity to come out with a CL variant.

Even in Delhi the road tax will increase by around 4% from the current 8.75%. I don't see why anyone would not upgrade and go for the Cruze or settle for a Verna/Sunny rather.
Old 26th January 2012, 20:33   #3910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Almost a 1 lac increase on ex-showroom in a span of 7 months . Can't think of any other sedan in this class having seen such a huge increase in price. The features added in return nowhere justify such a huge price increase. And to rub it in they still go with that dummy bluetooth integration button .

Expect to see a "rapid" fall in the Vento numbers in the coming months, pun intended.
Old 26th January 2012, 21:26   #3911
BHPian

This increase i feel is just unjustifiable, what if Skoda in the near future launch the Vision D Concept, which is proposed to positioned above the Rapid and below the Laura, the Vento will then be bang in its price range.

Also, if the government plans to increase the price of all diesel cars by about 1.6 Lakhs for >1600cc engines, I am sure this will affect its sale volumes, or are they doing this increase because they know the government will increase the prices and later on they can say that VW will absorb some of the increase to benefit the customer.
Old 26th January 2012, 21:41   #3912
Senior - BHPian

wow!! with this pricing VW is helping govt. to popularize petrol cars.
just imagine the plight - along with VW increasing the price + govt increasing 80k.

i think its better for people to buy a honda city or mitsubishi cedia or TJET or similar good performing petrol car and use those 2 lacs saved to buy petrol and enjoy the rides.
Old 26th January 2012, 23:15   #3913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg
i think its better for people to buy a honda city or mitsubishi cedia or TJET or similar good performing petrol car and use those 2 lacs saved to buy petrol and enjoy the rides.
Funny, but I sometimes think on similar lines. A positive way of looking at the imminent hike, I guess, is that we'll gravitate back towards good old petrols with their refinement and high-revving nature. And like yore, diesels will only be for the truly long-mileage users.
Old 27th January 2012, 12:58   #3914
Senior - BHPian

I was wondering whether the Vento Trendline is a better buy compared to the Vento Highline as
  • I do not want the Alloys. They are soft and already one of our members has cracked his. Steel wheels are much more robust, and repairable.
  • I want my own ICE
  • I am not particularly in favour of air bags, so can give them a miss
  • I have been driving for 40+ years without ABS, and give them a miss. As it is I rarely dive above 100 on highways, and keep noting the surface conditions in real time while driving.
  • I prefer normal Ac to Climate controlled one
  • I prefer my own calculations to that performed by "MID"
  • Perfectly happy with manually adjusted outer mirrors. Till date I have set them up, and rarely change the setting.
The only useful thing that I will miss is the height adjustment in the driver's seat. I can live with it.

All in all the lower version is going to be 1.7L less. Add ICE and third party alloys (if at all) and a few other gizmos, and I am still 1L better off. Views of members are welcome.
Old 27th January 2012, 13:25   #3915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I was wondering whether the Vento Trendline is a better buy compared to the Vento Highline as
  • I do not want the Alloys. They are soft and already one of our members has cracked his. Steel wheels are much more robust, and repairable.
  • I want my own ICE
  • I am not particularly in favour of air bags, so can give them a miss
  • I have been driving for 40+ years without ABS, and give them a miss. As it is I rarely dive above 100 on highways, and keep noting the surface conditions in real time while driving.
  • I prefer normal Ac to Climate controlled one
  • I prefer my own calculations to that performed by "MID"
  • Perfectly happy with manually adjusted outer mirrors. Till date I have set them up, and rarely change the setting.
The only useful thing that I will miss is the height adjustment in the driver's seat. I can live with it.

All in all the lower version is going to be 1.7L less. Add ICE and third party alloys (if at all) and a few other gizmos, and I am still 1L better off. Views of members are welcome.

Hi,

Vento TL in my opinion is very good car at a good price. Its just that when you compare it with HL it feels bland. Otherwise it still offers good VFM.

Here are some points that I considered for my reason to buy HL, which was a stretch.
1) The chrome treatment on the inside definately improves the ambience and attractability factor of the interior. Without this chrome interiors can look slightly bland. I wanted this Chrome on the interior.
2) Chrome treatment on the exterior and Fog lamps help in differentiating from Polo. Not a deal breaker I guess. But I kinda like front's look with Fog lamps.
3) Height adjustable driver seat and rear arm rest. These features I wanted to have in my car. Although being a short guy I am still driving with the seat at lowest point but when my dad drives he prefers some height as Vento's dash is high.
4) Factory Fitted Alloy wheels remove the tension of warranty issues. My dad would not have allowed me to get alloys also. So went with the factory fitted one. Big point in my case for HL.
5) Stock Music System is good but I agree it cannot match aftermarket one's performance. So here TL scores.
6) More info on MDI. I agree that its not a deal breaker but I wanted to experience it also. My feedback would be it is nice to show off these things to others when you tell you have bought a premium car. Also they do have some utility. I try to maintain my average fuel consumption numbers higher. This also makes you a smoother and sedate driver.
7) Climate Control. I never thought it was a useful feature till I experienced it. In the winters you can keep your heater on all day long and you wouldnt feel a thing. In cars without Climate control, heater becomes unbearable after sometime. Not sure of its utility in SUmmer yet.

ABS and Airbags are personal choices. Although the idea of replacing Air bags still haunt me as they cost 70K but it might save life too.

These are some of the point that made me buy HL. But if you dont want to stretch that much TL is good VFM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks