Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2012, 15:25   #3886
BHPian

Re: VW to add leatherette seats to the Highline Vento!!!

There was an ad in TOI bangalore a couple of days ago, about a 'big surprise' for prospective customers of Polo and Vento. Do you guys know what that is? Zero% EMI or something??
Old 23rd January 2012, 15:26   #3887
Senior - BHPian

I hope you guys do realise that 'leatherette' is simply a fancy and misleading term VW uses for basically perforated VINYL seat covers. It is nowhere close to real leather and wouldnt be suprised if VW makes a saving in fitting vinyl covers compared to premium fabric seats. Remember till a few years ago vinyl was the standard offering in the base models of many popular cars, 800, Qualis etc...

That said Vinyl is a hard wearing material and is also easy to clean. But if you think VW is giving you 'leather' seats for a marginal price increase, Forget it!! They have a genius marketing team, these are the same folks who make a chunky margin out of rebadging VWs as Audis!!
shortbread is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 15:52   #3888
Senior - BHPian

This information is already discussed in the official vento TD thread. There is a price increase also on the cards which is much more than what even real leather seats would demand, forget leatherette.

No way is the vento cheaper than the verna. The equivalent version of verna is SX and vento is way more expensive and with the price increase almost on par with SX-O.

Veyron head - Please refer the official TD thread for all the details on discounts.
Old 23rd January 2012, 16:05   #3889
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just another way of VW trying to differentiate itself from the cheaper + identical Skoda Rapid. Expect the uninformed sales staff to start portraying it as real leather.

Personally, I much prefer the nice fabric seats of the Vento. Really liked them over my review drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
I believe, giving the link to the exact source of information is mandatory in T-BHP .
Not necessarily. What if a li'l birdie gave you a bit of news over the telephone?
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 16:19   #3890
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

They replaced both fuel and oil filter for me, I didn't ask for either and never had any complaints there. They showed me the warranty replacement bill for approx around 3400 Rs including the parts and labour for this job.

VW's service bulletin talks only about the fuel filter though - Please refer the link below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Thanks Bala for heads up.

Just now I have called PalaceCross, Blr and fixed appointment to replace my fuel filter in warranty.

They mentioned for diesel cars it's only diesel filter replacement not oil filter??

My car MFG date is 03/2011.
I just gave it for a general check-up, never had any complaints, they replaced both these on their own and told me these are warranty replacements. Please refer the following link and go through the "diesel leakage" document. It tells you the reason behind the change and impacted VIN batches.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2655790

If your's is not falling under this batch, dont bother explaining to them. If it does, then can take a print out of this doc and show it to the workshop folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Did you guys just give general checkup as a reason or the filter replacement? I have secured a checkup session this week at BU Bhandari; however the lady at the workshop was oblvious to the filter issue.

Will be surely getting in touch with the workshop floor people to get more clarity when I get there on Wednesday.

Last edited by bala80 : 23rd January 2012 at 16:20.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 18:46   #3891
Senior - BHPian

In Delhi, the dealers have only 2011 Vento. The dealer says that they have yet to start Vento 2012 manufacturing.

Today I talked to the dealer and the expected price rise is Rs.50K The only upgrade is seat material! So apart from upgrading the seat material, VW is raising the price, most probably to distinguish it from "Rapid" onslaught.

Vento is available ex-stock, all colours.
Rapid expected delivery is March/April.
Old 23rd January 2012, 18:57   #3892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not necessarily. What if a li'l birdie gave you a bit of news over the telephone?
My bad . Thanks for the clarification GTO. Once my thread was deleted for not providing the link to the source. But, that was different news alltogether.
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:01   #3893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Vento is available ex-stock, all colours.
Rapid expected delivery is March/April.
Did you by any chance find out if blue colour is available? The dealer I spoke to, VW West, has only white, silver, beige and red. No blue.
Old 24th January 2012, 10:03   #3894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Even I have a Pearl Black VW Vento TDi HL Apr'11. Take the mudflaps from VW and buy the Kagu 3D mats, they are worth every penny.
I have black color Kagu 3D mats in my vento which costed me Rs. 4,500 way back in May'11.

Well most people say that Indian make tyres are bad, but they certainly aren't. I have got JK's and they certainly have earned respect. The tyre noise may be there , but if the road is properly tarred there is hardly any tyre noise.
The sidewall is also not as soft as Yoko's or Michelin which makes JK very useful if the roads are pot holed. My advice use them and see if you need to change then only change.

Recently had gone on a drive to Igatpuri and had encountered Kasara Ghats, the car handled so very well and I never felt that Yoko or Michelin would have made any difference. The car was pushed left and right but it never complained. At the end of it the brakes were giving out smoke, so you can make out how much pressure was put on the tyre and brakes.
Thanks Lobo, for sharing the experience. Initially I was thinking of changing the tyres to Yoko C Drives. But after going through Bala's experience with his tyre upgrade and your experience, I will retain the stock tyres. I have good experience with the MRF tyres, in my Ford Ikon, except for the noise. The tyres have done more than 60,000 KM. Of course, all the travel is within the City.
Old 24th January 2012, 17:35   #3895
BHPian

Hi everyone ! I'm back on the forum after a really long time, and feel good to be here again. And after an equally long wait, I have finally booked a Vento HL Petrol (refreshed model) with VW Dehradun yesterday. Maybe there are not many petrol vento owners here, but my monthly driving requirement doesn't justify spending more than 1.5 lacs extra for the deisel. Anyways, my car should be home by Feb end / March beginning, and I feel excited .

The rates quoted are,

Ex-showroom : 825820
Logistics : 3000
Cashless insurance : 29206
Extra for Zero dep : 7474
Temp. Reg. : 1200

Hope this is in order. Final registration I have to get on my own as the dealer would not do it for outside Dehradun.

The sales manager said I can go in for HU change / tyre change without voiding warranty. Would be happy to get some advice. Thanks.
Old 24th January 2012, 18:29   #3896
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
The rates quoted are,

Ex-showroom : 825820
Logistics : 3000
Cashless insurance : 29206
Extra for Zero dep : 7474
Temp. Reg. : 1200

Hope this is in order. Final registration I have to get on my own as the dealer would not do it for outside Dehradun.

The sales manager said I can go in for HU change / tyre change without voiding warranty. Would be happy to get some advice. Thanks.
Logistics seem to be handling charges, unnecessary. Also zero dep insurance should not go more than 28-30k. Mine (for a tdi HL) was 30k - tata AIG.

Also you did not mention what was the discount portion? Or have you already considered it in the ex-showroom price?
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 20:01   #3897
Senior - BHPian

I just updated my ownership thread with my review of ICE system and wanted to post in the link here for feedback, when you asked this question. Please refer my post on the following link, I think I have covered pretty much everything around this topic, but if you still have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2657423

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post

bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 20:02   #3898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Logistics seem to be handling charges, unnecessary. Also zero dep insurance should not go more than 28-30k. Mine (for a tdi HL) was 30k - tata AIG.

Also you did not mention what was the discount portion? Or have you already considered it in the ex-showroom price?
Thanks Ninja ! I'll take up the handling charges issue with the dealership. As for discounts, they say for 2012 model there are none. I only get corporate discount (platinum) which he's supposed to confirm, would be around 19K.

The insurance they are offering is by Bajaj Allianz. But I'm free to get it on my own... am gonna check it up with the local guy here. Is there some difference in the performance of AIG vs Allianz... just curious
Old 24th January 2012, 20:41   #3899
BHPian

VW India has started posting some tips on their FB page here https://www.facebook.com/Volkswagenindia. Not sure how helpful are these tips. I wonder if any of the Vento owners on TBHP did the switch of their tires on completion of 10K as indicated.
Old 24th January 2012, 22:06   #3900
BHPian

After crossing 22,600 in my car I have created my ownership thread, Please take a look

Sorry for the long delay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks