Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2009, 12:08   #256
Senior - BHPian

These bugs look very nice, perhaps slight detailing in the interior of the green bug is required.
I also plan to do up a car in pink for my daughter, perhaps a bit more lighter shade.

Cheers, and get the Hawk soaring soon.
harit
Old 25th July 2009, 12:25   #257
Senior - BHPian

Lovely restoration...The one in lilac colour looks awesome.Enjoy the rides.
Old 25th July 2009, 12:40   #258
BHPian

@IndrojitSircar
the restored two bugs make a lovely sight. I especially liked the green bug and its tail lights. Thanks for the pictures Sir.
Old 25th July 2009, 13:07   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Hi i am uploading a few pics of 2 cars recently restored by us.Please have a look and do comment.The first one is 1972 1300cc and the second one is a 1973 1600cc.These cars have been restored to as much as possible to original specs. Thank you
Congratulations Indrojit, on another set of well restored cars. The Beetles are looking nice (I may not drive out in the pink one in daylight, and hope that doesn't start any speculations as to why I might after dark though!!); am sure you've done up/tuned the engines well also (adhering to the all-important torque settings for Al boxer blocks, etc.) and they sound like good Beetles do - loud but pleasing in a peculiar way. I've seen many Beetles nowadays looking good, but not sounding or driving like they should/could.

One thing about the pink 1300, and it's just a simple observation that I hope you don't mind - are you sure it's a 1972, and not older?
Old 25th July 2009, 16:19   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
These bugs look very nice, perhaps slight detailing in the interior of the green bug is required.
I also plan to do up a car in pink for my daughter, perhaps a bit more lighter shade.

Cheers, and get the Hawk soaring soon.
harit

Hi

Thank you for ht e feedback.Yes i know there is lot more to be done on the green beetle.

Am looking out for parts for the hawk before i start the job.

thankx
Old 25th July 2009, 16:27   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Lovely restoration...The one in lilac colour looks awesome.Enjoy the rides.

Thank you the rides are being definately enjoyed by the owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostel View Post
@IndrojitSircar
the restored two bugs make a lovely sight. I especially liked the green bug and its tail lights. Thanks for the pictures Sir.
The green one and the pink one were both restored together.For the green one we had imported a lot of parts for that car whereas we didn't import anything for the other car as it was complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Congratulations Indrojit, on another set of well restored cars. The Beetles are looking nice (I may not drive out in the pink one in daylight, and hope that doesn't start any speculations as to why I might after dark though!!); am sure you've done up/tuned the engines well also (adhering to the all-important torque settings for Al boxer blocks, etc.) and they sound like good Beetles do - loud but pleasing in a peculiar way. I've seen many Beetles nowadays looking good, but not sounding or driving like they should/could.

One thing about the pink 1300, and it's just a simple observation that I hope you don't mind - are you sure it's a 1972, and not older?

Thank you prabal.We have done a complete engine job on both the cars.Thay are very good to drive.The green one in particular has a much better pickup as it has a bigger engine.We have also designed new exhausts for both the cars.The green one has a loud exhaust compared to the other car.These cars perhaphs are the best in calcutta don't know about other places.If you are a regular at the tolly car show in calcutta or the statesman vintage car rallyt in calcutta you may find many of the cars restored by us entered their.Well accoruing to the blue book the pink one is a 72 model but even i think the car is a 60's model car.
Old 25th July 2009, 18:55   #262
Senior - BHPian

Nicely restored, can you share some pre restored pics with us? I am always in the market for a beetle but never been able to find something that I quite like.
Old 25th July 2009, 19:29   #263
BHPian

GOOD detailed restroration the pink goes very well on the bug the green is not close to the other bug welldone
Old 25th July 2009, 19:58   #264
BANNED

Suddenly Bus'es are beginning to be seen all around,especially baywindow's.

Spotted one in Hyderabad and couple of weeks later i see one in Bangy also.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Volkswagens in India-cimg5829.jpg  

Old 25th July 2009, 21:28   #265
BHPian

Hai kadam is this pictures taken in thambirajs workshop on hennur main road
Old 25th July 2009, 21:36   #266
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperial.s.a View Post
Hai kadam is this pictures taken in thambirajs workshop on hennur main road

Of course yes sir,

That place had one Baywindow which was offered to me 6 yrs ago, but then my VW Beetle had just come out of restoration, and i was not ready for one more.

But now,i am on search for another VW Bus, hope i find one at a good price soon
Old 26th July 2009, 01:05   #267
Senior - BHPian

There is VW jetta of the 80's in my workshop which is just rotting as the owner does not want the car.Just thought i would update it here in VW's in india thread.
Old 26th July 2009, 21:23   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Well accoruing to the blue book the pink one is a 72 model but even i think the car is a 60's model car.
It can only be a 68-72 car. I believe the 3 fresh air vents on the dash indicate that it is a 71-72. So, blue-book is probably right.

Byas
Old 26th July 2009, 21:37   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Suddenly Bus'es are beginning to be seen all around,especially baywindow's.

Spotted one in Hyderabad and couple of weeks later i see one in Bangy also.

Did you see a merc compact there too??
Old 27th July 2009, 03:31   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The Golden Oval is still in Goa in Mapusa. Not in use but in storage, in a friend's collection. I think the green one is also with him. Is it a GDA regd car. If so it has been chopped and the front and rear have been used to resurrect another VW.
Yes i think it was a GDA car,but didnt stop to take a good look at it.
The golden Oval, pic i took in Margao at the first all VW show in Goa ,believe it belonged to the guy who owned a collection of various VWs and other classic cars ,in a small museum where the rally started from,I have pics of every beetle that was on that run.Will have t post them pics on here,to see how many are still in use.or are still in Goa.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks