Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2010, 21:53   #2071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
Wow !!!!!!!!!!!! What a car man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrates FCB to have 04 new members,
1. Mr. Pavan (blue s1)
2. mr ramnathan( super select)
3. A person from CPRI
4. Magician jadugar Jaguu (Padmini)
Saar, the list is more big.

5. Mr. Sharath - Chemicals Dealer - Fully original 1970 Delight - But being painted Ferrari red and cream top.

6. Mr Naidu - Retired old man - Elegant and 1986 Padmini

7. Mr. Ismail - 1996 S1 - Sold his dad's Elegant in 2002 for 60k. He is still regretting for this.

8. Mr. (forgot name) - 1982 Padmini - Fitted with Maruti 1000 Engine. I wonder how!!

9. Arvind T.C - 1990 Padmini

Will update more as the FCB database is up.

All these members got to know about FCB through news channels and Paper media reports of Monsoon Meet. But sadly none of these reports had FCB's contact details. Some googled and found our cell numbers. But, some went to the media houses and got our details.

Aug 1st rally is held dedicated for these members.

Quote:
Good guys, Wish next time when we visit your rally count must be 50+.
Work hard for that................
FCB's main goal is not limited to having rallies. We organize rally to achieve whats stated above - Awareness among Fiatians in Bangalore about FCB. We are happy with 20 - 30 cars at the meets as we keep meeting them otherwise.

We want to work hard in helping Fiatians to maintain their Fiats better. For this reason from two weeks, we visit as many FCBians at their home and discuss with them about their Fiats. This is our main task and we are really serious about this. Doing this is not at all easy. But we four are somehow managing doing this. Conducting rally/meet is just a occasion for all of us to meet and share our ideas.
[/quote]

Quote:
And second thing I am tempting to buy either super select or select instead of new Punto/Linea this year????????????????????
This is exactly what Fiatians like us should do -Save a Classic Fiat or any Classic car.
Old 23rd July 2010, 22:09   #2072
Senior - BHPian

Some Good News:

I had been to Saleem (Beetle_Boy)'s Garage to see the progress of his Millecento restoration. Here are some pics.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09753.jpg
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09755.jpg
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09756.jpg

Bad News:

I for the first time saw an Elegant at Gujiri, brought for scrapping. Saleem will be picking the Wheels and meters. It has original brake fluid reservoir intact. No engine though.

According to gujiri guys, the body has no value at all. They value only for parts like locks and lights. The car might be rescued as still negotiation was on. Asking price was around 25k!!

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09758.jpg
Old 23rd July 2010, 22:12   #2073
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
I for the first time saw an Elegant at Gujiri, brought for scrapping. Saleem will be picking the Wheels and meters. It has original brake fluid reservoir intact. No engine though.

According to gujiri guys, the body has no value at all. They value only for parts like locks and lights. The car might be rescued as still negotiation was on. Asking price was around 25k!!
If this car has the correct fenders/headlight wells, then worth taking off the front wings, it is next to impossible to get the modified ones corrected otherwise!
Old 23rd July 2010, 22:16   #2074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
If this car has the correct fenders/headlight wells, then worth taking off the front wings, it is next to impossible to get the modified ones corrected otherwise!
Thanks da for pointing it out.

I will have a look at it again tomorrow morning. I was advised by few gujiri guys not to look much at the car as asking price will double if I go close to it. All there know that I am from FCB.
Old 24th July 2010, 09:58   #2075
BHPian

BCSC Rally - Sunday, July 25th, 2010

BCSC Rally on Sunday, July 25th, 9:30 am onwards.
9:30 am Assembly at Central Library
11:00 am Rally Start
End at Airlines Hotel

Important!!!
The speed limit for this rally will be 40 kmph.
Ensure that your scooter is in good shape, with enough fuel and correct tyre pressure, and brakes fully working.
All riders are required to wear helmets while riding.
We will be following a strict 2-lane system. All riders should maintain a 2 lane formation, and overtaking or trailing behind is not allowed.
When riding, maintain at least 8 feet distance from the scooter in front of you. Never overtake the scooter in front of you.
At Central Library, parking fees of Rs. 5/- will be collected from each participant.

See you there,
BCSC Founders
Old 25th July 2010, 15:23   #2076
Senior - BHPian

Yet another Fiat 1100 in FCB

Sunday Treat.

FCB's new member Mr. Ganapathy's Fiat 1100 Millecento. We FCB guys were very happy to meet this gentleman. Thankyou Sir for inviting us!

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09759.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09761.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09760.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09762.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09763.jpg

Last edited by funkykar : 25th July 2010 at 15:24.
Old 25th July 2010, 17:02   #2077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Sunday Treat.

FCB's new member Mr. Ganapathy's Fiat 1100 Millecento. We FCB guys were very happy to meet this gentleman. Thankyou Sir for inviting us!
Wow it seemed to have the original radio! Has he removed and kept it?
Old 25th July 2010, 18:57   #2078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Wow it seemed to have the original radio! Has he removed and kept it?
Yes, he has kept it at home. Not sure if it's working though.
Old 25th July 2010, 20:28   #2079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lovely and Original Millecento - but why the Quarter glasses ??
They were probably added at some point to enhance ventilation while on the move.
Ask me about it, it's a superb "natural AC", and brings much needed breeze inside the car !
However, should he decide to revert back to originality and throw out the quarter glasses, please request him to throw them at me.
Old 25th July 2010, 23:28   #2080
Senior - BHPian

Ravi: He he ya.. Quarter glass may be to enjoy the Bangy breeze!!

May be those doors are from Super Select?
Old 26th July 2010, 00:26   #2081
BHPian

Superb,
The first deep purple Millecento i have seen. Original radio can be fitted by keeping original knobs but changing inside circuit totally. Good FCB, you are getting more n more colorfull. Keep it up.....
Old 26th July 2010, 17:09   #2082
BHPian

Looking for a Premier Padmini

Hi Guys,

After all these years with new cars the Fiat bug has bitten me real hard, as this was the first car I purchased and had some great times with it. Also FCB has been a real enticer too, so I am looking at buying a Premier Padmini in decent running condition. So good people request your help in identifying and helping me buy one. I have also been a member with FCB (limited membership)

Thanks in advance.

Satish
Old 26th July 2010, 17:13   #2083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post
Hi Guys,

After all these years with new cars the Fiat bug has bitten me real hard, as this was the first car I purchased and had some great times with it. Also FCB has been a real enticer too, so I am looking at buying a Premier Padmini in decent running condition. So good people request your help in identifying and helping me buy one. I have also been a member with FCB (limited membership)

Thanks in advance.

Satish
Sure Satish. We do come across many Fiats and PPs here and there for sale. If we come to know about any pristine PP, we will surely keep you posted. Welcome to FCB!
Old 26th July 2010, 18:34   #2084
BHPian

Looking for a Premier Padmini

Quote:
Sure Satish. We do come across many Fiats and PPs here and there for sale. If we come to know about any pristine PP, we will surely keep you posted. Welcome to FCB!

Thanks Funkykar, appreciate the help. Look forward to meeting the FCB members. Will PM my contact numbers.

Cheers,
Satish
Old 26th July 2010, 18:37   #2085
Senior - BHPian

^ FCB is conducting a meet for all the new members as they are eager to meet us. Even we are eager to see their rides. It is on 1st of August. Do PM me your number so that I can call you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks