Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 22:49   #2086
Senior - BHPian

Fiat is phasing out the Palio. Presently, they are taking limited bookings (made to order). They are setting the expected month of delivery of October. This is the last chance for anyone wanting to own a new Palio. Some discussions are going on at the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1998061

Interested people can join the thread. For more details on the offer, you could PM me.
Old 27th July 2010, 16:48   #2087
Senior - BHPian

FCB's new member - Mr.Vipin.

Vipin works for Times Of India. He was searching for a Padmini since 4 years. He had shortlisted few Fiats. After series of mails with Vipin, we FCB guys suggested him to buy this Padmini.

Sujith met him few days back and introduced him to Vivek-Suji's mechanic.

Vipin- Welcome to FCB. Cya on Sunday.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dscn5493.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dscn5494.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dscn5495.jpg  

Old 27th July 2010, 18:28   #2088
BHPian

This car was posted in Sulekha Classifieds. I was also trying for it, last weekend. Good to see that it's come into the FCB fold.

Congrats Vipin. Enjoy the timeless beauty that the Fiat is...
Old 27th July 2010, 19:27   #2089
BHPian

The best interior i have seen on a fiat , barring the absence of the show plate on the lower half of the dash. This (the carpeting)is one area where i dont mind things not being original infact i prefer this to the original.this is exactly what i had in mind for my car before it was sold.Will probably get to do it if i find another suitable fiat.
Old 27th July 2010, 23:23   #2090
BHPian

Woooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Simplay great.
First time seen wooden finish meter case assembly and handle bar.......
Neat finish of floor mat
Lucky guy!!!!
Old 28th July 2010, 11:18   #2091
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Wow it seemed to have the original radio! Has he removed and kept it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Yes, he has kept it at home. Not sure if it's working though.
That is a nice period addition to any Fiat. These were made internationally I think by Autoradio, not sure. The ones mostly fitted in India were made in Bombay by Bharat Radio. It think the store is still functional in South Bombay with a large board with Bharat Radio script written in large fonts, scripted like a Cadillac font. Very cool!
Old 28th July 2010, 15:00   #2092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
That is a nice period addition to any Fiat. These were made internationally I think by Autoradio, not sure. The ones mostly fitted in India were made in Bombay by Bharat Radio. It think the store is still functional in South Bombay with a large board with Bharat Radio script written in large fonts, scripted like a Cadillac font. Very cool!
ANd in any case are the radios still available?
Old 28th July 2010, 17:54   #2093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
ANd in any case are the radios still available?
No they dont, the place is quite close to my house, they had a workshop for AC work etc, dont remember but our Mercedes (not the one I own now) went there in the late 70's -early 80's. The guy is actually a good friend of my fathers, must seek him out and see if he has any service parts like valves etc for my Ponton Radio.
Old 28th July 2010, 18:45   #2094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
must seek him out and see if he has any service parts like valves etc for my Ponton Radio.
That's a good idea, we might find some old books in some old rack or some old parts in some dirty bins, a kind of Barn find like .
Old 28th July 2010, 22:54   #2095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Karl you have a wonderful photographic memory !!
The Bharat Radio signboard is still there, and it brings a smile to my face each time I pass it !
A friend of mine had tried to take a part of the place on lease, to open up a high-end scale model shop - he said, the place (apart from its splendid location) was instant recall for any auto buff.
Old 28th July 2010, 23:16   #2096
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this Fiat while I was driving to Ooty last week. It was in excellent condition and was reaching speeds excess 100kmph easily
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-34194_116199855094923_100001147263165_92454_2043901_n.jpg  

Old 28th July 2010, 23:40   #2097
BHPian

PP's for sale

There is a 1995 single owner PP with AC for sale at Classic cars on Ashoka pillar road, black colour, with good interiors but when looked closely lot of rust around. The dealer's quoting 50K for it. Saw this last sunday.

Saw a 1985 PP today, bodyline and engine was okay, around 88K kms run. suspension, steering and interiors badly need a make over, rust on front part of chassis plus over 5 owners, which was kind of a put off.
Old 28th July 2010, 23:59   #2098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post
There is a 1995 single owner PP with AC for sale at Classic cars on Ashoka pillar road, black colour, with good interiors but when looked closely lot of rust around. The dealer's quoting 50K for it. Saw this last sunday.
Arun1100 has seen this car. The car was initially maroon in color. FCB doesn't prefer this car for you.

Quote:
Saw a 1985 PP today, bodyline and engine was okay, around 88K kms run. suspension, steering and interiors badly need a make over, rust on front part of chassis plus over 5 owners, which was kind of a put off.
Some pics please. We have informed our known people about requirement of a PP for you. Hope to find a good one soon!

P.S: Hope you are meeting us on Sunday.
Old 29th July 2010, 00:19   #2099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Arun1100 has seen this car. The car was initially maroon in color. FCB doesn't prefer this car for you.

Some pics please. We have informed our known people about requirement of a PP for you. Hope to find a good one soon!

P.S: Hope you are meeting us on Sunday.
I totally agree Funkykar, lotsa rust and metal paste plus a gaping hole due to rust on the rear left fender.

Thanks Funkycar on the lookout for a car for me, appreciate it

Offcourse, I will be meeting you guys on sunday
Old 29th July 2010, 14:07   #2100
Senior - BHPian

I have been in touch with Prerana motors since over a week as myself and a few others have booked for the Palio Stile. The sales head and manager in charge for Fiat section at Prerana was very impressed to know about FCB and had a few general discussions. The sales head Vijay who has been in touch with me called me today morning. He said that news of FCB has reached Fiat-India Bangalore officials and they too are impressed. They want to meet the founders some day for lunch or dinner and have casual discussions with us. Later, they would want to join us in some of our rallys to see how we go about.

On behalf of FCB, we founder members would be meeting Fiat-India in the coming week. By the way, we are not expecting anything from them, we are just glad to hear from them and to meet them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks