Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2015, 12:23   #2431
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Good time to upgrade
Any owner's reviews on them yet ? The website and the feature set look very promising for the price.
Right here sir. I never recommend any product which I have not used myself.

I have their half riding boots,riding jeans, Buff & pure leather gloves for about a year now - much before the online store opened.

The jeans came with CE level protection at knees and hips and are extremely comfortable - made of a slightly stretchable high quality Cordura denim. Ditto for the boots - they are a comfy waterproof fortress around the feet. Have worn them all day long on one or two occasions and not felt any discomfort or pain.

The jeans were around 3.5k, buff was under 1k, gloves for approx. 2k and boots for around 4.5k. (Prices are approximate, purchased from a dealer with tons of other stuff - some discounts may have been applied here & there)

Most of their stuff is imported - jeans are from a manufacturer in Pakistan who I suspect also manufactures for some very pricey Aussie & Brit brands, buff is made in USA, helmets are by AGV and so on. A couple of HD riders in my group liked the fit & finish of the jeans so much that it's become a part of their staple riding gear for weekend rides.

Their classic leather jackets are very stylish & high quality too. It's next on my purchase list before the winter riding season kicks in.
outofthebox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 17:32   #2432
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Safe Riding thread

What locally available Boots offer a 2"+ heel advantage? Will be useful for me as my inseam is 29".
Old 21st June 2015, 20:52   #2433
Senior - BHPian

I need to get riding pant. I am 6'2", 34 waist size. Any recommendations and where can I get it in Bangalore?
Old 22nd June 2015, 10:17   #2434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I need to get riding pant. I am 6'2", 34 waist size. Any recommendations and where can I get it in Bangalore?
Shammil, depending on your budget you can get a pair of riding pants from the Dainese store (Orion Mall), Let's gear up (HSR Layout) and Biking Spirit (Behind Keerthi Triumph Motors on residency road).

I use Spartan Odysseus pants and they are built well. Only grouse is that the knee armor digs into my knees while riding. At the end of a day long ride, my knees are left badly bruised. I wear a pair of pajamas under these pants which makes the situation better.

I haven't heard any good reviews of the AGV sport pants. Many complained that it tends to rip apart at the seat after a few uses.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 11:56   #2435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I use Spartan Odysseus pants and they are built well. Only grouse is that the knee armor digs into my knees while riding. At the end of a day long ride, my knees are left badly bruised. I wear a pair of pajamas under these pants which makes the situation.
Hey Adi - doubt if a pajama would be thick enough to make a real difference; especially during long rides.

Why don't you try wearing knee sleeves? Cheap n believe me, they do the job (link)

Last edited by n_aditya : 23rd June 2015 at 09:58. Reason: hyperlinked the external site
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 13:08   #2436
BHPian

Try Rjays. S size will fit you. It's a vfm pants and costs 5999/- as its on sale currently
Old 22nd June 2015, 15:24   #2437
BHPian

Quote:
. Only grouse is that the knee armor digs into my knees while riding. At the end of a day long ride, my knees are left badly bruised.
Are you sure you got the right size ? The KNOX flexiform are in mine as well and I can hardly feel a thing there. They sit perfect as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_S View Post
Try Rjays. S size will fit you. It's a vfm pants and costs 5999/- as its on sale currently
@hifisharu shared a very bad experience with me once regarding these Rjay's. Seemingly the stitching flew off after one mildly wet ride. Since they are not made here, you would hardly get any post sale support either. I would suggest staying away from these.

I would suggest to go for the Odysseus or the Proteus under 10K. If budget is not a bar then go for a Dainese or a Rev'it. They are put together so well that it is beyond belief.
Old 22nd June 2015, 16:22   #2438
Senior - BHPian

No one like Cramster any more? I regularly use my cramster riding pants and they do hold up well - I am not sure about the model since I brought it about 7-8 years back (and have been using it on and off for rides, but using them daily for last 1 year 9 months).

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 10:04   #2439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Why don't you try wearing knee sleeves? Cheap n believe me, they do the job (link)
Yes, need to pick up a pair. I know these are available at medical stores and sports shops such as Decathlon. Will pick up a pair soon.

Quote:
Are you sure you got the right size ? The KNOX flexiform are in mine as well and I can hardly feel a thing there. They sit perfect as well.
I have the right size, in fact gave away my earlier pair as it was too tight around the thighs leading to painful cramps and bought the next size. Now it is comfortable all around except that the knox armor at the knee scrapes my knees badly (esp. the left knee) making it very painful and sore till a day or two after the ride itself. I even pulled out the armor to see if it was placed properly and it was.
Old 23rd June 2015, 10:52   #2440
BHPian

Quote:
Now it is comfortable all around except that the knox armor at the knee scrapes my knees badly (esp. the left knee) making it very painful and sore till a day or two after the ride itself. I even pulled out the armor to see if it was placed properly and it was.
Is there anything uneven about the armor ? I mean how is it scraping the knee.
Old 23rd June 2015, 10:58   #2441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there anything uneven about the armor ? I mean how is it scraping the knee.
I removed the armors and checked. Both knee armors are the same size. It's the top part or edge of the armor that scrapes my knee.
Old 23rd June 2015, 11:00   #2442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I removed the armors and checked. Both knee armors are the same size. It's the top part or edge of the armor that scrapes my knee.
The pant leg is too long for your leg length Adiya.

Or your waist is "healthier" than the manufacturer's norm.

A close friend and riding buddy of mine uses the same pant and has the same issue and meets the same above mentioned criteria (short, with generous waist to height ratio)

Last edited by ebonho : 23rd June 2015 at 11:03.
Old 23rd June 2015, 11:04   #2443
BHPian

Quote:
When you say top part scrapes, its uneven or does the shape of the armor itself scrapes you ?

Many questions because I am trying to think of the reason
Old 23rd June 2015, 11:10   #2444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have the right size, in fact gave away my earlier pair as it was too tight around the thighs leading to painful cramps and bought the next size. Now it is comfortable all around except that the knox armor at the knee scrapes my knees badly (esp. the left knee) making it very painful and sore till a day or two after the ride itself. I even pulled out the armor to see if it was placed properly and it was.
This confirms my earlier post.

Every gear manufacturer has a "norm" and as you would be knowing well, being a seasoned rider, some brands fit your body type like a glove, some just do not.

A lot like jeans.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 11:18   #2445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
The pant leg is too long for your leg length Adiya.

Or your waist is "healthier" than the manufacturer's norm.

A close friend and riding buddy of mine uses the same pant and has the same issue and meets the same above mentioned criteria (short, with generous waist to height ratio)
Yes, the length is too long. The waist is not the issue, my thighs are. Cycling is to blame for those meaty ones. Had to get a larger size that was comfortable for the thigh region.

Quote:
When you say top part scrapes, its uneven or does the shape of the armor itself scrapes you ?

Many questions because I am trying to think of the reason
The armor is even in size, it is the armor top part that scrapes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
This confirms my earlier post.

Every gear manufacturer has a "norm" and as you would be knowing well, being a seasoned rider, some brands fit your body type like a glove, some just do not.

A lot like jeans.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks