Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2020, 18:23   #3331
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
I think you meant the AT-950 and not AT-750, as far as I know, the ADX-1 is a rebranded AT-950 but I may be wrong
It's a brilliant buy! I have the exact same model I picked up from the US during Black Friday sale and I am super happy with the performance.

I picked up a Rynox jacket at the same time that my wife got a Rev'it. It's been a year now and while her jacket looks brand new, there are already stray strands pulling out on my jacket at the wrists and collar. From what I have been told, the European stuff is completely CE homologated whereas the desi brands have only the armor which is certified. If you get a good jacket there, I would recommend that over a Rynox or similar anyday.

Apart from jackets and pants, don't underestimate the confidence a good pair of boots gives you. I have TCX ADV boots and they are a god-send. See if you can pick up a good full length boot while you're there.

Good luck!

Yup meant the AT-950, typo. Indeed its a really good lid, the quality is fantastic. Wore it for an hour to check for pressure points, none on the head, the cheek pads are bit too snug and as a lot of reviews suggest will become
comfortably snug after a few uses. Bonus, the EU version comes with a pin lock visor insert.

About jacket and pants, definitely taking yours and Red Liners advice, will buy all gear from here. Haven't been able to start research on boots as yet, your suggestion of the TCX adv boots should be a good starting point I guess. Thanks.

As a Versys owner, do you think it make sense for me to consider a used Versys 650 or V-storm 650 as an alternative to a new 390 adventure. Think I can manage with the price difference of 1-2 lakhs over the ktm, and can bear the maintenance costs too.
RabidBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 11:56   #3332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBull View Post

As a Versys owner, do you think it make sense for me to consider a used Versys 650 or V-storm 650 as an alternative to a new 390 adventure. Think I can manage with the price difference of 1-2 lakhs over the ktm, and can bear the maintenance costs too.
Depends totally on what your intended usage is going to be, I'd say. Both bikes are good with a lot of pluses and minuses.
If you are mainly looking to do comfortable, long distance touring, specially with a pillion + luggage, there's absolutely no way the 390 can hold a candle to either of the 650 twins. However, while they can handle bad and broken roads with ease, neither the Versys nor the Vstrom would be as capable on truly off-road trails as the Duke 390 would be - due to the nature of their stance + weight.

I personally love the Versys because of it's ability to do a lot of things reasonably well. Sure, there are bikes that do one particular thing much better than the Versys, but the Versys gives me the confidence to not be unduly worried about whatever the road might throw at me. 14 hours in the saddle, 1000kms from where I started, I am still as fresh as ever on the Versys and that is it's main USP for me.
shreyascashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 14:43   #3333
BANNED

Hi all... Would greatly appreciate recommendations of riding pants for the following requirements:

1.) Needs to be not black.
2.) Mesh for air flow. I am in Mumbai and it is insanely hot here.
3.) Fully washable. So, no leather bits in knees or shins.
4.) Some storage would be nice.
5.) Very good abrasion resistance - upwards of 1000D in the impact areas.
6.) Hip armour would be a big plus.
7.) I wear Leatt axial knee guards. So, the pant should have enough room to accommodate the guards under it.

Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 17:51   #3334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Hi all... Would greatly appreciate recommendations of riding pants for the following requirements:

1.) Needs to be not black.
2.) Mesh for air flow. I am in Mumbai and it is insanely hot here.
3.) Fully washable. So, no leather bits in knees or shins.
4.) Some storage would be nice.
5.) Very good abrasion resistance - upwards of 1000D in the impact areas.
6.) Hip armour would be a big plus.
7.) I wear Leatt axial knee guards. So, the pant should have enough room to accommodate the guards under it.

Thanks
Arent those knee guards more dirt than street? I think they are fairly huge, good luck finding pants here that allow it to fit under. No indian made pant does that.

And amongst pants made abroad, even the klim mesh wont. You might need to go into the motocross section and look. But those pants are just jersey material, you will get zero abrasion protection. Those guys wear these on the outside too.

Your only way out is to wear them on the outside. Not a biggie. Its probably better so you can remove them when you are off the bike.

Then you have options galore. Revit, klim, dainese. Go out and try them all out for fit. Or indian ones like rynox, but i had one and sold it after a few months. I didn't like the fit or how it felt.

Non black options are available as well.
Old 20th February 2020, 18:05   #3335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
And amongst pants made abroad, even the klim mesh wont
It will. It accommodates knee braces so knee guards aren't an issue. Speaking from experience (Own a Mojave)

To the OP - Look for pants specific to adventure riding. Most are designed to take a brace so any knee guard will not be an issue

Also, do you plan to use these pants for commuting or occasional touring. Should work fine for the latter. For commuting though - Nothing beats a good pair of denims. Kevlar will run hotter than the more technical ones like Spidi Furious, that has abrasion resistance built into the fabric. Don't know which thread but we have a member who unfortunately crash tested those and came out unscathed (Some Bhutan travelogue)

I own an Acerbis denim which has Kevlar patches sewn in and comes with knee armour. Love the fit and finish. I did try Spidi but wasn't happy with the fit, hence went with Acerbis

All the best
Urban_Nomad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 18:36   #3336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
It
I own an Acerbis denim which has Kevlar patches sewn in and comes with knee armour. Love the fit and finish. I did try Spidi but wasn't happy with the fit, hence went with Acerbis

All the best
How much was the acerbis and where did you get them?
Old 20th February 2020, 18:39   #3337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much was the acerbis and where did you get them?
There was a "going out of business" sale at a store in Gurgaon called Motoziel. I think they have an online portal
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 18:43   #3338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There was a "going out of business" sale at a store in Gurgaon called Motoziel. I think they have an online portal
Yeah i just found them for 7500 bucks at their website.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 19:26   #3339
BANNED

Quote:
It will. It accommodates knee braces so knee guards aren't an issue. Speaking from experience (Own a Mojave)

To the OP - Look for pants specific to adventure riding. Most are designed to take a brace so any knee guard will not be an issue

Also, do you plan to use these pants for commuting or occasional touring. Should work fine for the latter. For commuting though - Nothing beats a good pair of denims. Kevlar will run hotter than the more technical ones like Spidi Furious, that has abrasion resistance built into the fabric. Don't know which thread but we have a member who unfortunately crash tested those and came out unscathed (Some Bhutan travelogue)

All the best
How is that Mohave? Where did you source them from? Doesn't the Mojave have leather patches? If yes, how do you wash them?

Quote:
Yeah i just found them for 7500 bucks at their website.
Can you please post the link?

Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 19:34   #3340
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Don't see any sizing information though...

http://shop.motoziel.com/gear/acerbi...ription_tabbed
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 19:48   #3341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How is that Mohave? Where did you source them from? Doesn't the Mojave have leather patches? If yes, how do you wash them?
I just wash it in the machine and treat the leather with conditioner. Works fine

Quote:

Thanks
Please don’t order from motoziel. I’m not sure if their online portal is even operational currently. Only reason I mentioned it was because redliner asked
Old 28th February 2020, 09:35   #3342

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Hi Pranav,

I recently bought Tornado Pro L2 over Air GT v2, I found the mesh to be better on the Tornado ,plus it has Knox armour.

Best regards
Ramna
I have read some reviews that Tornado Pro is heavy. I have a Cramster breezer and looking for an upgrade at something <10K. I am sold on the Tornado Pro, but scared that it might heavy to make the ride more tiring.

Can you please throw some light?
Old 28th February 2020, 09:46   #3343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranvenkatece View Post
I have read some reviews that Tornado Pro is heavy. I have a Cramster breezer and looking for an upgrade at something <10K. I am sold on the Tornado Pro, but scared that it might heavy to make the ride more tiring.

Can you please throw some light?
For the first couple of weeks it does feel heavy but after that you are used to it . I haven't done any long rides so I wont be able to comment on how you would feel at the end of the ride. Inside and around the city for a ride of max 2 hours I dont feel any more tired than normal.

If you need to take it off and lug it around it , we realise its weight.

Hope this helps.
Old 2nd March 2020, 12:14   #3344
Distinguished - BHPian

I picked up the Rynox Stealth Evo pants from DJ Helmets in Cochin towards the end of January. The pants were available in my size but Rynox had forgotten to ship the liners with the pants and hence I had to go back later and pick it up. The guys at DJ were good to deal with as usual and informed me when the liners arrived.

I took the pants for the first time on a short ride in early February and found a small tear in the stitching at the knee area on the right side. After coming back home I noticed that the right side stitching had only a single line of stitching but the left side one had dual stitching at the knee area. So I returned the pants to DJ Helmets who in turn sent it back to Rynox soon after that. I was told that the replacement should be with them around mid February so I dropped in by the 19th or so and surprise surprise, Rynox still hadnt sent the replacement pants back to DJ Helmets.

Its almost a month since I returned the pants and there is still no sign of the replacement
neil.jericho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 21:14   #3345
Distinguished - BHPian

I happened to be passing by DJ Helmets and decided to step in to check if the replacement pants had arrived. I was rather surprised when I was found out that my pants had arrived but Rynox had sent it to their dealer minus the armour!

Ive had my eyes on the GT Air 3 jacket as well, its the one offering in the market that fits me perfectly but apparently Rynox sent a big batch of jackets but all of them were missing their armour as well. DJ Helmets is waiting for Rynox to revert on this matter.

Meanwhile, my wait continues!
neil.jericho is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks