Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2020, 19:16   #3376
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I use Sidi Adv 2 (Goretex) in Brown for my ride. .
Great to hear from an actual user in India! This allays most of my fears about this expensive boot. How did the fit work for you? Do these fit true to size? I think these and tcx both run similar fits.
Old 10th June 2020, 19:25   #3377
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Great to hear from an actual user in India! This allays most of my fears about this expensive boot. How did the fit work for you? Do these fit true to size? I think these and tcx both run similar fits.
It did for me. I went with my Dainese size and it was the same in Sidi.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 07:19   #3378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinodavid View Post

440$ , regarding fit I calculated the sizing from Sidi and had discussions with adv riders on revzilla regarding their foot size and width. Mine was euro size 43 and as Sidi run a bit narrow I went with 44 and I had calculated my width to size C . Users with size E width has had problems . So I avoided everything by going a size higher.
I just checked the pricing and it is a whole €120 more than what I paid for them. When I bought my pair, I paid somewhere around €220. It was cheaper than what I would have paid for a pair of Forma here.
Old 11th June 2020, 08:02   #3379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just checked the pricing and it is a whole €120 more than what I paid for them. When I bought my pair, I paid somewhere around €220. It was cheaper than what I would have paid for a pair of Forma here.
Thats a very good price. Did you carry it down or did it land here imported at 220€? Where did you buy it from? Edit Fcmoto it is. I think the mrp on these have gone up a bit since you got them. No wait, Wow... Its 207€ now there!

Last edited by Red Liner : 11th June 2020 at 08:04.
Old 11th June 2020, 08:23   #3380
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thats a very good price. Did you carry it down or did it land here imported at 220€? Where did you buy it from? Edit Fcmoto it is. I think the mrp on these have gone up a bit since you got them. No wait, Wow... Its 207€ now there!
Superb price then. Go grab them. Even after duty, they won't be that expensive. A friend hand carried them for me as a personal item.
moralfibre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 10:08   #3381
Team-BHP Support

Given the whole covid scenario, a lot of bike gear shops are giving and will continue to offload inventory at a good discount in the near future.

If you're in the market for some good deals for some good quality gear this is as good a time as any. Add to the fact that international travel is unlikely for an extended period (so you can't buy overseas and bring it in), makes it all the more worthwhile to catch these deals now.
Old 11th June 2020, 11:34   #3382
BHPian

Quote:
Superb price then. Go grab them. Even after duty, they won't be that expensive. A friend hand carried them for me as a personal item.
I saw the price on FC moto to be INR 23k and the customs is now something like 50% , so when the dealer told me INR 33k, I thought it was a fair deal. Has the custom duty reduced,
Old 11th June 2020, 21:29   #3383
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry about your incident. I have also been looking at the sidi adv 2 as my next boots moving up from a TCX which is probably very similar in construction to your Formas. My riding has slowly started getting way more agressive than before and my falls have also increased dramatically.

Where are you importing it from and how much is it working out to?

My research,and very extensive at that, says the sidi adv 2 are the gold standard for aggressive dual sport riding but not motocross.

Have a look at this review:
Recently bought these here in the UK, although didn't get the opportunity to ride in them, wore them for 3 hours and walked about the house. Can confirm it's the best in class. Had done the same with Forma adventure (returned) which were definitely more comfortable but can't hold a candle to the sidi's protection. The best part is the Goretex lining which extends to the full length of the boot unlike most other boots.
Sizing caution, go half size up. I wear EU 43 in shoes but the sidi's 43 were too tight, 44 is also snug but they will breakin to be comfortable upon use.

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th June 2020 at 18:24. Reason: Removing embedded video
RabidBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 13:54   #3384
BANNED

Guys... looks like everyone is looking at boots. Adv riding is taking off in India

Coming back to point, does anyone have anything to say about Gaerne G-Midland boots? How protective are they? And how easy is it to shift gears with them?

Also, what’s the word on the Alpinestars Toucans? If I go by the reviews online, the protection on them looks to be superior to the Sidi Adventure 2s. Certainly on bikegear.in, the Toucans are more expensive than Adventure 2s.

Cheers

Last edited by mohansrides : 8th July 2020 at 14:10.
Old 8th July 2020, 15:30   #3385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Guys... looks like everyone is looking at boots. Adv riding is taking off in India

Coming back to point, does anyone have anything to say about Gaerne G-Midland boots? How protective are they? And how easy is it to shift gears with them?

Also, what’s the word on the Alpinestars Toucans? If I go by the reviews online, the protection on them looks to be superior to the Sidi Adventure 2s. Certainly on bikegear.in, the Toucans are more expensive than Adventure 2s.

Cheers
In terms of pure safety: midland>Adventure 2/Toucan
In terms of comfort: Toucan>Adventure 2>Midland

If you are going to go pure road touring and will do a lot of walking off the bike, get the midland or anything similar. A soft goretex touring boot.

If you are going to go road, plus a little gravel, and some walking, get the adventure 2 or toucan.

If I have to choose, based on member recommendations prior, and general feedback on other forums, I would get the adventure 2 goretex by Sidi.

I have locked in on Sidi xtreme x3 Srs offroad boots however, since I am going much more off-road than I used to. Now about getting one down from somewhere...
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 15:35   #3386
BANNED

Quote:
In terms of pure safety: midland>Adventure 2/Toucan
In terms of comfort: Toucan>Adventure 2>Midland

If you are going to go pure road touring and will do a lot of walking off the bike, get the midland or anything similar. A soft goretex touring boot.

If you are going to go road, plus a little gravel, and some walking, get the adventure 2 or toucan.
Wait a second. Either you are contradicting yourself; or I am not understanding you correctly.

Are you saying that, for safety, the Midlands are better than the Sidi and A* ? Or is your illustration supposed to show progression, meaning that the Midlands are actually inferior to the Sidi and A* in protection?

Also, just to be clear, the Midlands are not the same as the Balance Oil or the G-All Terrains from Gaerne. Those are soft and have no ankle protection, which apparently the Midlands do.

Thanks

Last edited by mohansrides : 8th July 2020 at 15:37.
Old 8th July 2020, 15:38   #3387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wait a second. Either you are contradicting yourself; or I am not understanding you correctly.

Are you saying that, for safety, the Midlands are better than the Sidi and A* ? Or is your illustration supposed to show progression, meaning that the Midlands are actually inferior to the Sidi and A* in protection?

Thanks
Quote:
Or is your illustration supposed to show progression, meaning that the Midlands are actually inferior to the Sidi and A* in protection?
This is what I wanted to convey. And reverse order for comfort. Protection and comfort are almost always at opposite ends.

One more thing. The toucans are good for wider and bigger feet for the same foot size. The sidis are good for slimmer narrower feet. I found the toucan range to be extremely huge in the toe box area. I wanted slimmer, narrower profile.

Last edited by Red Liner : 8th July 2020 at 15:41.
Old 8th July 2020, 15:41   #3388
BANNED

Quote:
This is what I wanted to convey. And reverse order for comfort. Protection and comfort are almost always at opposite ends.
You used the “greater than” symbol. So I got confused.

Also, you did mean the Midlands and not the Balance Oil or G-All Terrain, right? I am asking because the Midlands are supposed to offer more protection than the other two.
Old 8th July 2020, 15:56   #3389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You used the “greater than” symbol. So I got confused.

Also, you did mean the Midlands and not the Balance Oil or G-All Terrain, right? I am asking because the Midlands are supposed to offer more protection than the other two.
I was always weak in math

I haven’t seen these boots in detail. I just looked up a picture of the midlands and knew straightaway what these boots were aimed for. I think the midlands look a bit beefier than the other two.

All these boots are good for comfortable all day touring. Look up individual reviews, there are plenty of them online. But I would not venture anywhere off-road with them.
Old 8th July 2020, 20:54   #3390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBull View Post
Sizing caution, go half size up. I wear EU 43 in shoes but the sidi's 43 were too tight, 44 is also snug but they will breakin to be comfortable upon use.
I have to ask. When you say tight, were they tight at the toes, or in width? My TCX says EU45/UK10 and I use two insoles to keep my feet comfortable...and according to sidi, I should be EU45 and 10.5 UK. I think maybe I should be good with just the one insole lol.

The Riding Gear thread-7d4154de1a024ffd976d7eb7a805f01c.jpeg

Last edited by Red Liner : 8th July 2020 at 21:01.

Most Viewed