Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2022, 22:01   #4126
TRR
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
TRR, do you mean that the strap is too long? Or is it too short (as seen in the picture)?

Does the right side glove feel a little more tight, when you slide it on? I remember experiencing something like this while trying an pair of DSG gloves, several years ago. This does seem like a manufacturing issue. Do check whether this problem exists with other units of the same model in the store.
Yes, the strap is too short. And with some more usage of these gloves, both gloves feel like they have narrow openings at the wrist. Pulling either side on is a little annoying since the wrist opening is smaller, but the rest of the glove fits perfectly.

The Riding Gear thread-20220614_213734.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-20220614_213726.jpg

From what I've read from reviews of this glove on Revzilla and the Dainese site, the tight wrist area seems to be a design flaw as many others have reported the same issues. The narrow wrist also makes it a bit of an annoyance to use with a jacket. I can live with it since I don't use full leathers, but for those looking to use this with a leather suit or thicker jackets or for those who frequently end up removing and re-wearing their gloves, I'd mostly recommend to look elsewhere.

The glove is incredibly well-made otherwise. But I'd be cautious of recommending it to others, primarily because of the weird proportions. Protection-wise A+ I'd say at least for my use case, but fit wise. it's highly subjective and I'd say most people won't like it, mainly because of the narrow wrists.
TRR is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 08:06   #4127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
None, get the Royal Enfield x TCX Stelvio High boots for about 18k. Made in Romania by TCX, badged as RE.
Quote:
shyamg28, considering your VStrom 650 and touring patterns, just get the Royal Enfield boots. If it isnt available in Bangalore, I can check with my local Royal Enfield dealer and see if they have the option of shipping it to your nearest dealer where you can try and buy. It shouldnt be hard for you to get your hands on a pair.
Thank you both!

The Riding Gear thread-img20220617wa0000.jpg

@neil.jericho was kind enough to check with the store at Kochi and provided me the contact. Lucky for me, one last piece in my size was available. Store in charge was more than helpful! Sent me a cat as well it would seem
shyamg28 is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 09:29   #4128
Senior - BHPian

We have some amazing guys on our forum giving the right advice. Even mine was the last piece in black. Post this, they (RE + TCX) will come with a new collection, next year, I'm told. So feeling lucky too
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
neil.jericho was kind enough to check with the store at Kochi and provided me the contact. Lucky for me, one last piece in my size was available. Store in charge was more than helpful! Sent me a cat as well it would seem
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 09:48   #4129
Distinguished - BHPian

Hoarders should be jailed i tell you...

The Riding Gear thread-pxl_20220602_031305188.portrait.jpg
Red Liner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 09:56   #4130
Senior - BHPian

Jailed with well worn shoes, milord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Hoarders should be jailed
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-img_4197.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 10:57   #4131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Finally got the cobbler to stitch it up.
I remembered that sometime back reading this thread, check if they could properly repair the shoes :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...rage-pune.html (Riding Boots (Shoe) repair service - My Shoe Garage (Pune))

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 11:02   #4132
BHPian

I am looking to buy a pair of riding pants.The protection and durability are the primary concerns. features like thermal insulation and 100% waterproofing is not a must. Budget around 15k
Searched online and found these models.Couldnt find any reviews on the same. Any one has any better suggestions or review of the same?
1) Revit eclipse pants
2) Shima jet pants
3) Furygan trekker evo pants
4) Ixon cooler pants
5) RS Taichi crossover mesh pants
Though the Indian brands are cheaper, I just wanted to test the quality/longevity of international brands.Besides I found only two pants worth checking out.
6) Viaterra Spencer
7) Solace cool air V3

Staying away from Rynox as my previous pants were Rynox Airtex and it didn't last much.

Also,anyone using leather pants?Will it be suitable for our climate considering the added protection it provides.
Saw some berik and bogotta leather pants on FC moto for dirt cheap.
Any advice and suggestions will be much helpful.
Thank you
Thamps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 22:28   #4133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamps View Post
I am looking to buy a pair of riding pants.The protection and durability are the primary concerns. features like thermal insulation and 100% waterproofing is not a must. Budget around 15k
Searched online and found these models.Couldnt find any reviews on the same. Any one has any better suggestions or review of the same?
1) Revit eclipse pants
2) Shima jet pants
3) Furygan trekker evo pants
4) Ixon cooler pants
5) RS Taichi crossover mesh pants
Though the Indian brands are cheaper, I just wanted to test the quality/longevity of international brands.Besides I found only two pants worth checking out.
6) Viaterra Spencer
7) Solace cool air V3
Thamps, for riding pants, please try and buy! Sometime back, I tried out different pant options in a riding gear store and was amazed at how different they all were, even though they were supposed to fit my waist size. From whatever I tried, I really liked the Revit Airwave 3 pants. That is something that I will probably pick up soon. Unfortunately, I dont know any single store in India where you can try out all the pants that you listed.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 07:08   #4134
Senior - BHPian

I can vouch for Taichi as I'm using them. They're very good. You need to try them on for fit, length especially, before buying. As your luck would have it, on SALE from today https://6kiom.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamps View Post
I am looking to buy a pair of riding pants.

Last edited by Sebring : 22nd June 2022 at 07:17.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 23:30   #4135
BHPian

I know nobody asked, but I'm sharing some pics of the TCX Stelvio high rise boots.

The Riding Gear thread-pxl_20220622_091032656.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-pxl_20220622_091053241.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-pxl_20220622_091102777.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-pxl_20220622_091110387.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-pxl_20220622_091114566.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-pxl_20220622_091121894.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-pxl_20220622_091118368.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-pxl_20220622_091126016.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-pxl_20220622_091132296.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-pxl_20220622_091135479.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-pxl_20220622_091159275.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-pxl_20220622_091216048.mp.jpg

The following can be almost completely disregarded

Went on a 300kms ride with them. Slightly challenging with up shifting as of now. Unfortunately rode through smashing rain for a brief period of an hour, and the boots were drenched from inside. Of course I wasn't wearing any rain gear at all so it had to happen. Took quite a while for them to dry so lesson learnt is to never let them get wet lol.

Importantly, that solid invincible feeling, is confident inspiring. I have adjusted the gear lever to bring it up further for now. Still need to test it. Maybe an extended lever would've been ideal. From the marks on my boots, it's evident that I was unable to slide the entire front under the gear lever. In any case, a blacked out contact patch might have been better.

Also would've preferred the black boots just to mask all the black that's getting rubbed on it. The V Strom has these rubber contact patches to allow the rider's foot to rest on the footpegs and that has rubbed more black onto the boots. Not a real problem, in fact, only looks more rugged that way

Serrated footpegs would probably notch up the grip and confidence level even more.
shyamg28 is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 11:28   #4136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I know nobody asked, but I'm sharing some pics of the TCX Stelvio high rise boots.
Nice. What's your UK size? How does the boot fit? Do you have wide or narrow feet?
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 12:11   #4137
BHPian

Quote:
Slightly challenging with up shifting as of now.
Importantly, that solid invincible feeling, is confident inspiring. I have adjusted the gear lever to bring it up further for now. From the marks on my boots, it's evident that I was unable to slide the entire front under the gear lever. In any case, a blacked out contact patch might have been better.
The V Strom has these rubber contact patches to allow the rider's foot to rest on the footpegs and that has rubbed more black onto the boots. Not a real problem, in fact, only looks more rugged that way
Serrated footpegs would probably notch up the grip and confidence level even more.
A friend & I have the same pair of boots and your observations pretty much mimics my experience. It took me 3-4 rides for them to break in and settle down, in the sense to get a hang of shifting gears up, especially 4th gear & above. I was thinking of adjusting the gear lever, but the stock rubberized gear lever on my 390 felt slippery with the boots, so i have just replaced them to the ones from 390 adventure which are wider and the lever position is not as sporty. A ride this weekend should give an idea if it makes a difference in grip & upshifting. Otherwise, they were comfortable from day 1 and great value, no complaints at all. Thanks for the tip to avoid using them in wet!
Weathered is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 12:16   #4138
BHPian

Quote:
From whatever I tried, I really liked the Revit Airwave 3 pants. That is something that I will probably pick up soon. Unfortunately, I dont know any single store in India where you can try out all the pants that you listed.
I have the Airwave 3, quality and fit both perfect. Build quality of chains and pockets etc are really good but this has a baggy touring fit and isn’t water proof. Comes with L1 armor but L2 armor also available separately. Have added L2 knee protectors for now. Fits well over the RE TCX half rise boots.
Cayman360 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 12:51   #4139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman360 View Post
I have the Airwave 3, quality and fit both perfect. Build quality of chains and pockets etc are really good but this has a baggy touring fit and isn’t water proof. Comes with L1 armor but L2 armor also available separately. Have added L2 knee protectors for now. Fits well over the RE TCX half rise boots.
Thanks Cayman360. I held off on my purchase of the Airwave 3 because I decided to wait for the L2 armour to arrive. It wasnt available at that time. Did you get it from Orion or did you order the armour directly from High Note Performance (the importer)?
Old 23rd June 2022, 13:14   #4140
BHPian

Both pants and knee armor from Orion. But wouldn’t a waterproof version be more suitable? Does A* have a Drystar pair of pants?
Cayman360 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks