Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2022, 07:42   #4261
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
This is the first time I bought something from FC Moto, had only heard about this site earlier. Heard they were a safe place to buy from through a bike group, thought the discount was good
@Cyborg, bf1983

The 15% discount is actually not a discount. It's the exclusion of the German GST since the product is shipped abroad. FC-Moto promotes it as a discount. The store does have additional discounts for the clearance items

FC Moto is quite prevalent in the online retail world, but they are not a big player. For Germany it's Louis.

https://www.louis.eu/ (They are the Revzilla of Germany and to a certain extent Europe)

For jackets / riding gear, the Italian sites are much better in terms of pricing. Italy has 22% GST, so the sites remove this charge for overseas shipping. Pricing is very competitive and often cheaper than FC moto and Louis.

Look them up - all 3 are extremely reputable and are well known in the riding circle.

First is Valeri Sport - it's run by an old Italian lady and her son. The biggest independent store in Italy. Their collection is like adult's version of Candyland.

https://www.valerisport.it/

Second is Motorama in Florence. These guys own the biggest inventory of Alpinestars and Dainese. They are the main distributors also.

https://www.motorama.it/en/

Last is Motostorm. Their online collection is very good and they are known for very quick shipping.

https://www.motostorm.it/

Last edited by no_fear : 16th September 2022 at 07:46.
no_fear is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 13:58   #4262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
The 15% discount is actually not a discount. It's the exclusion of the German GST since the product is shipped abroad. FC-Moto promotes it as a discount. The store does have additional discounts for the clearance items
Thank you for sharing no_fear! I will send you my credit card bill since you are encouraging me to spend

That does make sense like Singapore returning VAT back at the airport. But it’s strange why FC Moto shows it as an additional discount using the code MEGA15 on all its products site wide.

The last day of the sale they sent the below email.
15% Rabatt auf alles translated from German is 15% discount on everything using the code MEGA15.

The Riding Gear thread-97552dc7d4b9459da48d6ea6581421b0.jpeg

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 21:11   #4263
BHPian

Quote:
T But it’s strange why FC Moto shows it as an additional discount using the code MEGA15 on all its products site wide.

Cheers
@Cyborg - glad to receive a copy of your credit card bill, provided you pay the blalance. I ran an experiment to show you what I mentioned in my previous post.

If I take the exact same shoe that you ordered - but on the site, keep Germany as destination country and currency as INR, the price is much higher. (very close to the extra additional 15% as GST, compared to your price of INR 10.8k)

Note there is no 15% discount on the same shoe but it says VAT / GST is included in price. The MEGA15 code only triggers if you are seeing the site outside Germany and you use it to remove the GST charge.

Compare it to the next picture - where I changed destination country to India, and I see your price of INR 10.8k.

Just for kicks, I selected a shoe on FC moto - with the 15% discount, and same one on Motorama, without any discount, and selected destination country as India on both. You can see even with the 15% discount on FC moto, Motorama with its normal pricing is slightly cheaper (3 Euros - 240 rupees).

The joys of shopping on European sites and not having to pay GST.

The Riding Gear thread-team-bhp-shoe.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-team-bhp-shoe-india.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-crx-fc-moto.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-crx-motorama.jpg

Last edited by no_fear : 16th September 2022 at 21:38.
no_fear is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 21:56   #4264
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I'm using this shoe for some time now. And they're the best shoes ever, everr
Quote:
Just for kicks, I selected a shoe on FC moto - with the 15% discount
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 22:54   #4265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I ran an experiment to show you what I mentioned in my previous post.
Thank you so much no-fear for the detailed explanation and education on these other sites. Have saved them in my favourites for future use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Guys, I'm using this shoe for some time now. And they're the best shoes ever, ever.
Glad to hear that Sebring, waiting to receive my stuff; FC Moto has dispatched them on 31st July.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 00:42   #4266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
If you are using the ends to pull the gloves off, it happens to many gloves that use mesh fibres at the end of the tips for comfort. This happens to expensive top of the line revit gloves as well. Don’t ask me how I know.

Knowing Royal Enfield, they will change this out for you. Revit will not. But this is going to happen again, so temper your expectations from gloves like these.
Resurrecting an old post. Just curious to learn if there is a recommended way for pulling off the gloves. I pull it off from the top of my middle finger. Never thought about it till I read this post. Am I doing the right thing?
Old 19th September 2022, 08:13   #4267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Guys, I'm using this shoe for some time now. And they're the best shoes ever, everr
Agree wholeheartedly, I have been using them for a year and they are among the best I have used.
no_fear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 12:58   #4268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Resurrecting an old post. Just curious to learn if there is a recommended way for pulling off the gloves. I pull it off from the top of my middle finger. Never thought about it till I read this post. Am I doing the right thing?
There is not right or wrong way as such

With palms up and pushing out by the opposite hand is an effective way puts least stress on the finger tips where the gloves have their weakest point.

I remember reading/seeing this advice in some forum (can't place where though)

Quote:

The Trick: Take Off Your Gloves Correctly
Instead of pulling, push. Take your opposite hand, place the back of the hand toward the palm of the hand from which you’re removing the glove, slide your fingers underneath the palm of the glove, and push up. Your hands should naturally cup together, making it easy to slide in and gradually nudge the glove off.

Gloves just last a lot longer when you’re not putting stress onto the part of the glove that is the weakest.

Unquote:

Best Regards & Ride Safe
r_nairtvm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 16:33   #4269
BHPian

Quote:
The joys of shopping on European sites and not having to pay GST....
Hello no_fear,

Based on this discussion, will it be cheaper

a->to get the same product shipped to India
or
b-> buy it online and carry it to India?
My guess is that India Customs will play a spoilsport for option (a)
skviknaraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 17:05   #4270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skviknaraj View Post
Hello no_fear,

or
Shipping to India almost always involves custom duties. How much is your luck. Sometimes it will be bearable and at times it will be crazy high. Thankfully if it's too high you can reject the charges and they will send the item back.

Hand carrying is almost always a better and cheaper option but you need to find someone who has luggage space and is willing to carry for you.
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 17:08   #4271
BHPian

Quote:
Hello no_fear,

or
1. Buy it in EU - claim VAT refund at the airport. But note you only get 12% back and the VAT refund counter charges you some processing fee. If you ask for cash refund, you lose out a fair bit as you pay 5 - 25 euros depending on the refund amount. Credit card refunds are more worthwhile, but there is a foreign currency transaction fee of 3%.

2. Customs will apply some random figure, but usually its around 43%.

Either way its a bit of lose lose on both ends. Pick your poison.

I recommend 1. if you have time, and can do the actual VAT refund at the airport without missing your flight.
no_fear is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 18:25   #4272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
2. Should I go for a chest protecting armor too, to wear inside the jacket? Will have to see, if my jacket size would 'allow' to use one, as jacket fits well without chest protector.

I am a 80-90 kmph speed (max.) guy on the highways and 60-70 kmph in the city. Mentioned this info just for the reference, I understand that full protection is needed even for speeds below these too. That's why I bought jacket, full face helmet (LS2), gloves and knee guard, even before starting riding.
Yes, you should.

Quote:

or
skviknaraj, most of the time, it is cheaper to buy riding gear online and hand carry it to India. When there are big sales, the reduced pricing + shipping + 40% customs would still be cheaper than buying it from India at the MRP. Your success will depend on timing, sizing and the ability to scour through the web to get the right deal.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 13:49   #4273
BHPian

Please suggest a place in Cochin to repair the zipper of my Dainese Jacket.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-dainese-.jpg  

Old 29th September 2022, 18:56   #4274
Senior - BHPian

Received my goodies from FC Moto, the bag came a week earlier and my shoes came today.

The Riding Gear thread-553916cb4e5d46cf9cac59fd652b8567.jpeg

The Riding Gear thread-20ce3ad5bd7f4df88ebed3ca68a85b6c.jpeg

The Riding Gear thread-87d57193befa4918a0e5ebabd1f2311b.jpeg

The bag is a little too big for my liking. It came to INR 3200 with duty. In case anyone in Bombay is interested, let me know via PM. I will give it at cost.

The shoes are perfect, seem extremely comfortable from the get go. Look forward to wearing them in town. With duty (INR 4912) the landed cost was INR 15xxxx.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 29th September 2022 at 19:02.
Cyborg is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 15:08   #4275
BHPian

Quote:
The shoes are perfect, seem extremely comfortable from the get go. Look forward to wearing them in town. With duty (INR 4912) the landed cost was INR 15xxxx.
The duty charged was correct - about 43%. Those shoes look very nice. I have the black and neon ones and I really love using them. One of the best riding shoes for Indian road conditions.

The best feature is the Ortholite, which allows the feet to breathe better and doesn't smell.

Enjoy your new gear.
no_fear is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks