Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2023, 17:21   #4411
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Hello,

Was using Rynox stealth air pro jacket from past 6 months, the zipper gave away during last weekend's ride. Have claimed warranty and they have accepted it, have to ship it now not sure what solution they will provide. I am a bit reluctant on getting the same jacket repaired.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-pxl_20230328_084212104.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-pxl_20230328_084208632.jpg  

PreethamNag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 13:19   #4412
BHPian

@PreethamNag, contact the senior management for more clarity. They have a link for the same in their support page. They may replace i feel. Even the ones(forearm zip) on my tornado pro 4 failed in one year. And i have changed my storm Evo2 gloves twice under warranty.The black colour has faded on the second replacement within the month as well as a minor QC issue. Avoided another replacement as it's pointless.my evo2 glove is Evo 3 now due to warranty replacememt.

Contact via the senior management email/section. That gives satisfactory results.
Senotrius is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 01:03   #4413
Senior - BHPian

Re: Revit Sand 4 H20 jacket - Initial Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
A couple of months ago, I had posted (The Riding Gear thread) about the differences between a mesh jacket and a textile jacket.
Thanks a lot for putting the link to your post Neil!! You have articulated very well with an example from the car world to describe the difference between mesh and textile jackets. This should somehow be made a sticky or easily findable for everyone looking for riding jackets!!

I noticed this first hand on a recent ride on my new CB300R. I was first opting to buy the Rynox Air GT4 as a do it all jacket, but as it was unavailable, I settled for the Rynox Stealth Evo 3 textile jacket. The vent system in the jacket works very well. During the onward ride in the late afternoon, the vents did their job of keeping me cool. Base layers certainly helped the matter too! But the return ride at night is where your words rang true where I would have suffered in a mesh jacket as it was chilly in the place i visited and had to close up few vents to keep myself comfortable on the bike. The versatility of the textile jacket came in handy in these different conditions and I now vouch for textile jackets with vents as the best alternative compared to an all mesh jacket for touring.

Looking to see if there are light weight armor insert options for the Stealth as it is a very heavy jacket off the shelf! Please suggest if you have any options without compromising the level of safety. Thanks!
abhinav.s is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 18:29   #4414
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Revit Sand 4 H20 jacket - Initial Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Thanks a lot for putting the link to your post Neil!! You have articulated very well with an example from the car world to describe the difference between mesh and textile jackets. This should somehow be made a sticky or easily findable for everyone looking for riding jackets!!

I noticed this first hand on a recent ride on my new CB300R. I was first opting to buy the Rynox Air GT4 as a do it all jacket, but as it was unavailable, I settled for the Rynox Stealth Evo 3 textile jacket. The vent system in the jacket works very well. During the onward ride in the late afternoon, the vents did their job of keeping me cool. Base layers certainly helped the matter too! But the return ride at night is where your words rang true where I would have suffered in a mesh jacket as it was chilly in the place i visited and had to close up few vents to keep myself comfortable on the bike. The versatility of the textile jacket came in handy in these different conditions and I now vouch for textile jackets with vents as the best alternative compared to an all mesh jacket for touring.

Looking to see if there are light weight armor insert options for the Stealth as it is a very heavy jacket off the shelf! Please suggest if you have any options without compromising the level of safety. Thanks!
Thanks for your kind words abhinav.s! Its always nice to see that these posts are able to help fellow motorcycle enthusiasts. As the oppressive summer sets in, you will find that your textile jacket is such a boon, when you are out riding. Your base layer and jacket / pant combination is the way to go for these terrible conditions.

Honestly, I had to look up your Stealth Evo 3 jacket, to confirm that it is the same as what I had in my mind. I find the Rynox naming system for their jackets to be so confusing! It doesnt help me that they have a 101 choices in such a tight price bracket!

Having personally used the same Stealth Evo 3 jacket, I can also vouch for the fact that it is a really heavy jacket! From what Ive been told, Rynox has started adopting lighter (and hence more expensive) armour in their flagship Trident jacket. It should only be a matter of time before this lighter armour trickles down to the Stealth Evo 3 and other jackets. Once that happens, perhaps you could reach out to them to see if they can offer the new armour as an optional upgrade.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 21:33   #4415

Hey ! I have a Rynox Tornado v3 that I purchased back in 2020. I have done around 10k kms in it and the stitching on the forearm has started to come off. It is quite heavy and hot in Goa/Pune's weather so I was looking for a replacement. Rynox customer support told me they could give me a 20% off if I shipped the jacket to them but I am not sure if it is worth it.

I have managed to find a store that has RS Taichi Viento Air (L2) and RS Taichi Torque.

I can't find any reviews for RS Taichi Viento Air but it looked and felt very light and minimal without the bold colors and loud branding.

I wanted to understand if I should go ahead and buy these ? Or I should go for a cheap jacket in around 6k and reuse the knox armors that came with the Rynox ?

Any other minimal looking jackets that I should consider at the same price point ?
nh1922 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 23:05   #4416
BHPian

Appears to be sold out . But yes,foreign brands are lighter compared to any Indian brand. Use the Armor from rynox for use in these.
Old 1st April 2023, 12:45   #4417

They told me it was available in the store though the website says sold out. I did try it on as well but it was a little tight on the sides though it was a XXL while my Torndao fits fine though its an XL.

The shop owners didn't insist on me taking it but they did suggest that it will be a little more comfortable as I start wearing it regularly. I am not sure how much this applies to a riding jacket. I suppose a riding jacket wouldn't open up that easily due to the nature of its fabric and solid stitching to prevent it from coming off in a crash.
nh1922 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 08:15   #4418
BHPian

Correct, riding jackets don't become looser with time. Unless maybe made up of leather/stretchable fabric that breaks in. We just get accustomed to it or lose weight.
Old 2nd April 2023, 11:23   #4419

Custom built body armor

Hi everyone

I want to get my custom riding armor built. Aim is to get something affordable and high quality. I dont want a riding jacket.

I will provide my own CE Level 2 armor inserts.

I have searched online and could find places for used riding gear (bad idea).
I could not find any such manufacturers except ViaTerra custom built (expensive).

Does someone know a place where I can get the above assembled/stitched?
Ex: I provide my own armor inserts, and maybe the material, and the person just stitches it as per my size.

Any help would be appreciated.
Revved Soul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 23:36   #4420
BHPian

Purchased Solace Outlaw Gloves which are CE Certified. My hand circumference is 22 cm and size Small fits me perfectly.
The leather is supple and smooth, but the gloves feels not as sturdy/robust as the Via terra Grid or Rynox Storm Evo. In comparison to these, the Outlaw gloves lacks features like hard protectors and vents on fingers, wrist sliders, flap for covering wrist closure etc, but is much cheaper.
I bought these for my daily commute and i feel it does meet the basic requirement in that regard with its basic and essential features like SPS, Pinky finger bridge etc. The SPS is solace's own in these gloves whereas the furious gloves, which is their top spec full gauntlet gloves gets the KNOX sliders. I got these for Rs 3950/- from Helmet World, Trivandrum.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-1680542805956.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-1680542805962.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-1680542805967.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-1680542805971.jpg  

Last edited by Thamps : 3rd April 2023 at 23:38.
Thamps is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 20:35   #4421
BHPian

Rynox riding pants causing sore knees on long days (~ 11-12 hrs ride days), what do you suggest I do to mitigate the constant pressure on the knees? Am I wearing it incorrectly or the positioning is not ok? I have tried shifting the armor up and down but it is not helping (I wear a base layer too).

Is taking frequent breaks (currently I take a break every 150 km or so, around 2-3 hrs gap) the only option(I avoid doing this as it kills the avg speed, as my bike can't pick up very well beyond 80 kmph so I keep my speeds in 70-75 kmph range)? I have tried partially sitting on the pillion seat too while riding (of course I am mindful that my control operation is not compromised in any way), that relieves the pressure (due to lesser fold on the knees vs the armor).
Old 15th April 2023, 22:53   #4422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterChief007 View Post
Rynox riding pants causing sore knees on long days (~ 11-12 hrs ride days), what do you suggest I do to mitigate the constant pressure on the knees? Am I wearing it incorrectly or the positioning is not ok? I have tried shifting the armor up and down but it is not helping (I wear a base layer too).

Is taking frequent breaks (currently I take a break every 150 km or so, around 2-3 hrs gap) the only option(I avoid doing this as it kills the avg speed, as my bike can't pick up very well beyond 80 kmph so I keep my speeds in 70-75 kmph range)? I have tried partially sitting on the pillion seat too while riding (of course I am mindful that my control operation is not compromised in any way), that relieves the pressure (due to lesser fold on the knees vs the armor).
Dear Chief007,
1. Armor must not actually bend over the knee. Please adjust armor as shown in the below image. The same is what Rev'It provides along with its products.

Name:  Knee Armor Placement.PNG
Views: 776
Size:  390.6 KB

2. Sitting for long hours is likely the reason. Would suggest you to take a short stretch break every 1 hour.

3. DO THIS VERY CAUTIOUSLY: while on the bike after every 20-30 mins, stand on the pegs or stretch one leg out at a time. Exercise extreme caution so as to not loose control of the bike and in straight stretch with less traffic. If you stand on the pegs at high speeds and windy regions, you will loose balance.

It would be helpful if you can mention what bike you are using and a photo of the riding position.
skviknaraj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 09:12   #4423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skviknaraj View Post
Dear Chief007,
1. Armor must not actually bend over the knee. Please adjust armor as shown in the below image. The same is what Rev'It provides along with its products.

It would be helpful if you can mention what bike you are using and a photo of the riding position.
Thanks ! Maybe the bending over the knee is the issue. I will visit rynox store and ask them to help with the proper settings. Earlier I used the cramster bionics to used to set the armor similar to that

My sitting is upright and I have a std 350 bullet. Angle in knee is 90 degress is what i feel.

BTW nobody is there to click me in my gear, perils of a solo rider
masterChief007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 17:14   #4424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterChief007 View Post
Thanks ! Maybe the bending over the knee is the issue. I will visit rynox store and ask them to help with the proper settings. Earlier I used the cramster bionics to used to set the armor similar to that

My sitting is upright and I have a std 350 bullet. Angle in knee is 90 degress is what i feel.

BTW nobody is there to click me in my gear, perils of a solo rider
MasterChief007,

The external armor like the cramster bionics will go over the knee. The design of them is different.

Riding Trousers make a lot of difference once set properly, compared to external knee guards.

Any update from your side after the armor adjustment?

P.S.: I have the Cramster Bionics since I started riding. ( Since 2013-2014 ) The elastic has gone loose and hence they do not stay in position and requires frequent adjustment . But they served well and now kept as backup!

Last edited by skviknaraj : 23rd April 2023 at 17:15. Reason: Spell correction
skviknaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 18:11   #4425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skviknaraj View Post
MasterChief007,

Riding Trousers make a lot of difference once set properly, compared to external knee guards.

Any update from your side after the armor adjustment?
Yes trousers are a very good upgrade from the knee guards. However I have been lazy to visit the rynox store, have to get a jacket too as the dsg is now 10+ yrs old. Will do so before I plan the next ride (Goa?). I too have the bionics stashed up for future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks