Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2023, 10:05   #4516
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
https://powersports.in/collections/r...r-riding-boots

New release by ryo boots. They also have a smaller city model. Importantly, these are CE level 2(2222) certified. I think currently the cheapest waterproof(as said), CE L2, full height certified adventure boots.
Has anyone got any real-world experience with these? I am in the market for some touring boots and everything decent seems to start at 23k, so if I can get these @15k then it would be sweet.

Regards,
MiSiMa
MiSiMa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 11:47   #4517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiSiMa View Post
Has anyone got any real-world experience with these? I am in the market for some touring boots and everything decent seems to start at 23k, so if I can get these @15k then it would be sweet.

Regards,
MiSiMa
I use their ryo trex racing boots. They seem fine to me except for poor grip on wet surfaces/rains as expected. I also have the falco marshall which is not waterproof(resistant) as advertised but comfy to wear and overpriced. Were these around, I would have just got this one do it all boot. Leather is better at abrasion/longevity any day over synthetic even during daily use. I ordered directly from powersports after trying it out at the local dealer first.

In my opinion, local manufacturers like viaterra should bring full lenght leather CE level 2 boots at 10k pricing. Everyone brings unrated or untested copycat racing and adventure boots which just won't do.

Last edited by Senotrius : 21st July 2023 at 11:50.
Senotrius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 18:15   #4518

Hi All, I have been waiting to get the Rynox Air GT 4, but the Rynox website says it is out of stock. I am looking for the Black\White combination. The only one available is the Black\Red, in size L, and I don't seem to like it. Black looks classy. I have also checked with Letsgearup HSR layout, they are out of it too. They suggested I go with Tornado Pro instead. Any idea how good is the bikester global site? They have it in their catalog, but I am skeptical about getting it from a site I am not familiar with. Anybody has any experience purchasing from this site?
Old 22nd July 2023, 17:13   #4519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhavNarayanan View Post
Hi All, I have been waiting to get the Rynox Air GT 4, but the Rynox website says it is out of stock. I am looking for the Black\White combination. The only one available is the Black\Red, in size L, and I don't seem to like it. Black looks classy. I have also checked with Letsgearup HSR layout, they are out of it too. They suggested I go with Tornado Pro instead. Any idea how good is the bikester global site? They have it in their catalog, but I am skeptical about getting it from a site I am not familiar with. Anybody has any experience purchasing from this site?
Haven't used Bikester Global, but did find the jacket you want at Adeshwar's Ryder's Arena Website. Whilst I personally haven't purchased anything from them, a lot of members on this thread have.

https://rydersarena.com/product/ryno...gt-4-jacket-2/
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 17:42   #4520
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea how good is the bikester global site? They have it in their catalog, but I am skeptical about getting it from a site I am not familiar with. Anybody has any experience purchasing from this site?
I ordered from them earlier this year. Apart from the comparatively longer dispatch time, I didn't find fault with them. I would suggest checking out the 6kiom store since you are based in Bangalore. Their staff and customer service are on another level!
2legit2quit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 21:43   #4521
BHPian

Quote:
Available on amazon for s,m,xl sizes from rynox with return and refund policy. This is one move I like by rynox. Also got their rain wear too. I got my tornado pro 4 from amazon.

Last edited by Senotrius : 22nd July 2023 at 21:45.
Senotrius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 22:27   #4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
Haven't used Bikester Global, but did find the jacket you want at Adeshwar's Ryder's Arena Website. Whilst I personally haven't purchased anything from them, a lot of members on this thread have.

https://rydersarena.com/product/ryno...gt-4-jacket-2/
Thank you! I see they are showing 2 pieces in stock, I shall call them to confirm it is black and size is large, and then order!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit View Post
I ordered from them earlier this year. Apart from the comparatively longer dispatch time, I didn't find fault with them. I would suggest checking out the 6kiom store since you are based in Bangalore. Their staff and customer service are on another level!
Interesting name! I shall go visit them sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
Available on amazon for s,m,xl sizes from rynox with return and refund policy. This is one move I like by rynox. Also got their rain wear too. I got my tornado pro 4 from amazon.
Right, but I am looking for size L. Also, I cant seem to understand the difference between the Tornado Pro and the Air GT 4. I am guessing better protection? Tried looking for comparison videos, but could barely find good ones.
Old 22nd July 2023, 23:27   #4523

One of reasons why I am looking for a new jacket:

I had bought my current jacket 8 years ago. It still looks good, and I feel comfortable riding with this jacket on. But now the protective inserts are deteriorating. There is yellow powder coming off them! I noticed this when I removed the inserts to wash the jacket. Yellow powder all over my hands, and the mesh areas of the jacket!

Initially was thinking of picking up only the inserts, but soon realised that the ones available were expensive, I was not sure if they will fit into my 8 year old jacket, and if I spent a little more, I would get a new one! I could still use my old jacket while I commute within the city, to office and back. Maybe I can use a spray paint on the armours to stop it from making me look yellow like this smiley This might make it lose its properties, but the way its losing colour, I dont think its got any of its intended properties left to lose. Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-yellow.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-inserts1.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-jacket.jpg  

MadhavNarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 00:08   #4524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But now the protective inserts are deteriorating. There is yellow powder coming off them! I noticed this when I removed the inserts to wash the jacket. Yellow powder all over my hands, and the mesh areas of the jacket!
Madhav I feel your jacket has seen its life, the protectors look ready to disintegrate with a mild impact. In the event of a fall everything could come apart, please invest in a new jacket for your safety.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 23rd July 2023 at 00:09.
Cyborg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 15:50   #4525
BHPian

I second that. This should have been obvious by now.
Old 23rd July 2023, 20:58   #4526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Madhav I feel your jacket has seen its life, the protectors look ready to disintegrate with a mild impact. In the event of a fall everything could come apart, please invest in a new jacket for your safety.

Cheers
Thank you Cyborg, I went and picked up a viaterra miller jacket and the miller riding pants as well. Went with an intent of picking up only a jacket, ended up getting Viaterra jacket and pant as a pair!
MadhavNarayanan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 00:23   #4527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Cyborg, I went and picked up a viaterra miller jacket and the miller riding pants as well.
That’s great Madhav. I believe this is a recent launch, please share your detailed feedback after some usage. This will help others who may be looking for this product.

Ride safe.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 01:27   #4528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
Is there any company making riding gears specifically for women?
Yes, Scala makes riding jackets specifically designed for ladies.

The Riding Gear thread-img_20230724_012553.jpg

Recently picked up a Scala Akira for my daughter.
Cost me around ₹7500. CE level 2 armour fitted.
Good fit and finish. Also comes with a warm liner and rain liner.
aviator1101 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 14:00   #4529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post

Actually I am kicking myself for delaying the decision for buying the Royal Enfield TCX Stelvio Adventure Boots. They are not in stock anywhere.

regards Arun
Made one last desperate attempt to get hold of a TCX high rise. Mr. Jaseem of Royal Enfield apparel, Marikkar Trivandrum was of great help. He checked the stock all over India and couldn't find any.

If anyone is interested there is one last piece of TCX Mid rise boots (size 8) available with Royal Enfield Store, Palakkad. They have a customer sitting on the fence speculating to buy it too I rejected the offer as I was looking for a high boot. So thanks to Jaseem for helping me to finalize the matter regarding the TCX.

So as Surjaonwheelz said, with the ISI issue, the boots were depleting from stock fast, the price of TCX WP boot in one of the web stores climbed from 35K to 38K. Size 8 UK (42) boots of major brands are out of stock in most sites and this made me take the leap.

So with the ride coming up soon, ended up buying RYO Conquer adventure boots from Helmet World, Trivandrum for the time being for the Ladakh ride (have to buy a TCX baja boots in future after this ISI fiasco is over). The boots have an MRP of Rs.14999/-. Being their regular customer, I got a good store discount.

The Riding Gear thread-whatsapp-image-20230726-1.06.39-pm.jpeg

The Riding Gear thread-whatsapp-image-20230726-1.07.18-pm.jpeg

The Riding Gear thread-whatsapp-image-20230726-1.07.41-pm.jpeg

The Riding Gear thread-whatsapp-image-20230726-1.08.15-pm.jpeg

The Riding Gear thread-whatsapp-image-20230726-1.08.20-pm.jpeg

The Riding Gear thread-whatsapp-image-20230726-1.09.05-pm.jpeg

The Riding Gear thread-whatsapp-image-20230726-1.09.17-pm.jpeg

The Riding Gear thread-whatsapp-image-20230726-1.09.22-pm.jpeg

The Riding Gear thread-whatsapp-image-20230726-1.09.26-pm.jpeg

There is no mentioning of the boots being waterproof any where on the product, on any documentation or on the packing. The advertisement video from Powersports alone mentions about a dry liner. So I didn't take any chances and invested in Rynox H2O waterproof socks and a solace boot cover in addition.

Initial impression

The boots looks sturdy with a good hard sole. The shoe fits perfect. One thing to mention is that the toe is a bit narrow / pointy. So if you have a wider toe region, you may find your toes being crushed together a bit. Other than that the boots are true to size. My foot size is 8 UK and the boots fits like second skin and my feet being narrow, I didn't find any difficulty with the narrow toe region. So try and buy recommended with this boots.

The straps are of plastic make. Got a deflector on the side to protect the straps, just like in TCX. The piping on the rear of the boots are reflective as you can see in one of the pictures.

I will do a proper review of the boots, God willing, after my ride to the mountains.

regards Arun

Last edited by adrian : 26th July 2023 at 14:06.
adrian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 14:45   #4530
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Made one last desperate attempt to get hold of a TCX high rise. Mr. Jaseem of Royal Enfield apparel, Marikkar Trivandrum was of great help. He checked the stock all over India and couldn't find any.

If anyone is interested there is one last piece of TCX Mid rise boots (size 8) available with Royal Enfield Store, Palakkad. They have a customer sitting on the fence speculating to buy it too I rejected the offer as I was looking for a high boot. So thanks to Jaseem for helping me to finalize the matter regarding the TCX.

regards Arun

I have a mid rise TCX RE boots very very minimally used for sale. Its like new. Size EU 44.

Only placing it here because these boots are rarer than gnomes.

The Riding Gear thread-pxl_20230705_093552140.portrait.jpg

Please DM me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks