Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2023, 13:53   #4561
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
I am a complete noob when it comes to riding gear. Will be buying a bike soon (Speed 400x or HD 440 or CB350 Highness) so need to invest in some good riding gear (jacket, pant, boots, the entire nine yards!). Is there some store i can visit in Bangalore to try out these?
1. Let's Gear Up
2. GearnRide

These stores are two of my favorites if you are residing towards the south of BLR. They are located at HSR Layout
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 19:37   #4562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
1. Let's Gear Up
2. GearnRide

These stores are two of my favorites if you are residing towards the south of BLR. They are located at HSR Layout
Any good store/stores near Banaswadi to try these out?

I am in the same boat. Looking to buy a bike in the next couple of months and want to decide on the riding gear by then.

Last edited by Axe77 : 29th August 2023 at 19:59.
Old 29th August 2023, 20:54   #4563
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverift View Post

I am in the same boat. Looking to buy a bike in the next couple of months and want to decide on the riding gear by then.
If you can take the metro train, there is Solace gear shop near banashankari metro station. May be 100 mts from there.
HTC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 21:21   #4564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverift View Post

There is a Rynox store in HRBR layout, close to the ORR.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 22:08   #4565
BHPian

I had pretty much finalised on Ryo conquer but just came across Fly racing maverick on High Note Performance which is selling at the same price.
While ryo is wp and CE2222 (which I believe is better) Fly racing maverick appears to provide more safety but is rated CE13634:2015 and is not water proof.
Ryo Conquer is relatively new offering and Fly racing maverick doesn't seem to have any reviews on the forum. So any suggestions that can help make the final decision will be deeply appreciated.
I am mostly on highways but I do end up in some roads, which are only roads in name, occasionally.
And since right now I am mostly using my bike for office commute, I have ordered a pair of RE x TCX Cabo after getting inspired by @siddhant and @JayPrashanth albeit at a slight higher price.

https://powersports.in/products/ryo-...r-riding-boots

https://www.customelements.in/produc...-riding-boots/
Old 29th August 2023, 22:52   #4566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiSiMa View Post
I had pretty much finalised on Ryo conquer but just came across Fly racing maverick on High Note Performance which is selling at the same price.
While ryo is wp and CE2222 (which I believe is better) Fly racing maverick appears to provide more safety but is rated CE13634:2015 and is not water proof.
Ryo Conquer is relatively new offering and Fly racing maverick doesn't seem to have any reviews on the forum. So any suggestions that can help make the final decision will be deeply appreciated.
I am mostly on highways but I do end up in some roads, which are only roads in name, occasionally.
And since right now I am mostly using my bike for office commute, I have ordered a pair of RE x TCX Cabo after getting inspired by @siddhant and @JayPrashanth albeit at a slight higher price.

https://powersports.in/products/ryo-...r-riding-boots

https://www.customelements.in/produc...-riding-boots/
What motorcycle do you ride?
Old 29th August 2023, 23:09   #4567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
What motorcycle do you ride?
It's a 390 adventure

Last edited by MiSiMa : 29th August 2023 at 23:11. Reason: Quoting the right post
Old 29th August 2023, 23:44   #4568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
1. Let's Gear Up
2. GearnRide

Thanks. I stay in Malleswaram. So HSR is out of question. Something in South, North or even central Bangalore would be ideal. Prefer it to be within 1-2 KMs of metro. Worst case, i can drive since it will be a one off ride to buy the gear in one shot
Old 30th August 2023, 15:51   #4569
BHPian

Quote:
I am a complete noob when it comes to riding gear. Will be buying a bike soon (Speed 400x or HD 440 or CB350 Highness) so need to invest in some good riding gear (jacket, pant, boots, the entire nine yards!). Is there some store i can visit in Bangalore to try out these?
Do try Rynox Exclusive Store - Rajajinagar Bengaluru, close to Navarang circle.

https://goo.gl/maps/ed4cs4XGFSYtRP3n6
livyodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 19:07   #4570
BHPian

Quote:
The Fly racing is more of an off road focused boot. These boots are pretty stiff and best for off-road and trails. Break in takes a while some times months in these boots. Although you could tour with them, walking in these boots are best left for short strolls. Don't expect to do a short hike or walk with them.

I'm not too informed about the Ryo boots. It seems more like an Adv boot.
shady is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 23:43   #4571
BHPian

I had purchased a pair of RE Vamos gloves from the RE Company Showroom at Jayanagar around 18 months ago. After 6000+ kms of riding, the touchscreen sensitivity of the thumb and index fingers have disappeared. Some touches are recognised if I swipe my finger across the screen but taps are totally ignored.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I'm pretty handy with DIY stuff and I've seen youtube videos where people put strips of Lays/Kurkure packets on the fingertips to make non-touch gloves touch compatible. Does anyone have any experience recovering touch sensitivity of their gloves?
Old 1st September 2023, 23:48   #4572
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I stay in Malleswaram. So HSR is out of question. Something in South, North or even central Bangalore would be ideal. Prefer it to be within 1-2 KMs of metro. Worst case, i can drive since it will be a one off ride to buy the gear in one shot
Slim pickings in North Bangalore. Not even a decent helmet shop!

Try out 6kiom on Kasturba Road, Orion Motors on Hosur Road opposite Forum Koramangala, or the umpteen riding gear stores on Lalbagh Main Road.
thebengalee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 00:04   #4573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebengalee View Post
Slim pickings in North Bangalore. Not even a decent helmet shop!

Try out 6kiom on Kasturba Road, Orion Motors on Hosur Road opposite Forum Koramangala, or the umpteen riding gear stores on Lalbagh Main Road.
Thanks. Can't seem to fin 'Slim Pickings' anywhere on the internet. It there a website for it or atleast an address i can look up?
Old 2nd September 2023, 00:21   #4574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Can't seem to fin 'Slim Pickings' anywhere on the internet. It there a website for it or atleast an address i can look up?
Slim picking: little or no success in getting something because there is not very much of it remaining. It's a figure of speech.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 15:56   #4575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's a 390 adventure
Before settling in on one of these 2 options, do give strong consideration to whether your riding actually necessitates these particular boots. They may not be very comfortable or convenient to walk around in. If you are doing a fair bit of rough roading / off roading, then yes, these seem to be good options.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks