Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2023, 07:07   #4501
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post
Haa anyone tried riding boots from

https://agrashoemart.com/biker-boots/

The boots look pretty good and comfortable so just wondering if anyone has tried it.
This seems to be like Orazo. I’m curious to know as well if anybody has any real life experience with these.
Old 9th July 2023, 11:54   #4502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
I'm curious to know where these Spencer pants are made.
Its made in India.

The Riding Gear thread-whatsapp-image-20230709-11.52.44.jpg
deerhunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 12:58   #4503
BHPian

Quote:

Please don't use these boots for riding. They are biker boots in name only but will not offer you any substantial protection. A lot has been said in this thread about the importance of proper footwear while riding motorcycles as your feet are the closest to the ground and even a small tumble might end up with a 150+ kg bike on your feet.

The market has no scarcity of boots that have been engineered specifically for the purpose of motorcycle riding. These fashion boots and safety boots like Orazo which masquerade as riding boots should be avoided as much as possible
2legit2quit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 15:26   #4504
BHPian

Quote:

The boots look pretty good and comfortable so just wondering if anyone has tried it.
https://powersports.in/collections/r...r-riding-boots

New release by ryo boots. They also have a smaller city model. Importantly, these are CE level 2(2222) certified. I think currently the cheapest waterproof(as said), CE L2, full height certified adventure boots.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-screenshot_20230709_152718_opera.jpg  

Last edited by Senotrius : 9th July 2023 at 15:28.
Senotrius is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 15:25   #4505
BANNED

I'm planning to buy Raida Tourer Motorcycle Boots or Royal Enfield Kargil Boots for commuting.

Which one is better?

Thanks in advance.
Old 18th July 2023, 22:50   #4506
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowDough View Post
Key question: How isn't a full mesh jacket more comfortable in hot weather?

I am planning to upgrade my jacket and pants to AA rated ones like yours. I am looking at Alpinestars because they have the best airbag tech that I want to purchase soon for my long tours. But they don't have full mesh touring jackets.

I've tried Revit, but somehow their arms have always been too baggy for me. Did you also look at comparable options from Alpinestars?
SlowDough, if you are going to be using a jacket in hot weather for
a. commuting : you need a mesh jacket. It will allow for maximum air flow over your body in slow moving traffic and help to avoid the profuse sweating that you would have experienced, if you were wearing a textile jacket in the very same conditions at the very same time.
b. touring : you will need a textile jacket. If you were wearing a mesh jacket, you would have hot air continuously flowing over your body for hours on end (as explained above). This will leave you getting slow roasted and eventually dehydrated, during the course of your riding. Think tandoori chicken rotating over a flame. The textile jackets allow you to shut out / control the hot air, thereby keep you cool over several hours on the saddle.

While I have been a happy A* customer in the past, the fact is ever since Covid came along, the brand hasnt enjoyed the same availability as it did in the past. A fellow TBHPian and riding gear connoisseur had recommended the Alpinestars Valparaiso Drystar but I ended up going with the Revit Sand 4 H20 jacket.

The Riding Gear thread-20230326_090127-1.jpg

I must get around to writing a proper review of this excellent jacket, when I get some free time. Ive probably done a few thousand kilometers with it already. My rating is a full 10/10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
The only foolproof method to waterproof one's riding gloves is to use a long reusable nitrile glove.
Im a little late to the discussion but using these nitrile gloves inside riding gloves is an old technique that is practiced while riding in the mountains. It keeps the icy cold away and guarentees that your fingers remain dry when it rains. Yes, the gloves will be wet by the end of the day and your feel of the levers is marginally compromised due to the dual layers, but its also the cheapest and most effective way of keeping your fingers cozy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
Update after some 3000kms and maybe 2 months or so - the left rubber pad tore and also came off the boot.
shyamg28, while your experiences with the boots are fascinating, I think you could have saved yourself a world of trouble by just getting those simple gear shifter sleeves that sell for Rs 150 or so. That will keep your boots / shoes / sneakers looking as new as ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //R View Post
Hello! I need pointers for base layers. I have a LeGear balaclava and have been riding with cotton tees under my jacket so far. Discussion with a fellow rider revealed he’d be using a ski base layer from Decathlon under his riding gear. Whats the ideal base layer for hot/humid conditions primarily which can also be worn with liners in the winter? Came across Rynox Vapour Pro & Raida High Performance Base Layer but couldn’t get much reviews. Looking for people with experience to help choose!
//R, the truth is that a base layer is a base layer is a base layer. For my upper half, Im using a base layer from Kookaburra (yes, the cricket company) and another one from a lesser known brand. For my lower half, I have two pants from Nike. If you hid the brand name and asked me which was which, I couldnt tell you the difference. You dont have to get a motorcycling base layer. Anything that is the right fit and works as advertised, will suit your requirements.
neil.jericho is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 23:59   #4507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
SlowDough, if you are going to be using a jacket in hot weather for
a. commuting : you need a mesh jacket. It will allow for maximum air flow over your body in slow moving traffic and help to avoid the profuse sweating that you would have experienced, if you were wearing a textile jacket in the very same conditions at the very same time.
b. touring : you will need a textile jacket. If you were wearing a mesh jacket, you would have hot air continuously flowing over your body for hours on end (as explained above). This will leave you getting slow roasted and eventually dehydrated, during the course of your riding. Think tandoori chicken rotating over a flame. The textile jackets allow you to shut out / control the hot air, thereby keep you cool over several hours on the saddle.

While I have been a happy A* customer in the past, the fact is ever since Covid came along, the brand hasnt enjoyed the same availability as it did in the past. A fellow TBHPian and riding gear connoisseur had recommended the Alpinestars Valparaiso Drystar but I ended up going with the Revit Sand 4 H20 jacket.
Hi Neil,

Thanks a lot for your inputs! I was actively looking for jacket and pant pair at the time, and couldn't make up my mind regarding the kind of gear that I should get, so went for a vented Rynox pair for my short term plans.

I tried a lot of Alpinestars, Dianese and Revit gears. Revit in particular seemed to favour those with well built arms which I don't have, otherwise I too liked them a lot. I will eventually have to get a pair from one of these brands as Rynox is worse than the TBG and Solace pair that I have been using for last 5 years.
SlowDough is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 09:26   #4508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //R View Post
Hello! I need pointers for base layers. I have a LeGear balaclava and have been riding with cotton tees under my jacket so far. Discussion with a fellow rider revealed he’d be using a ski base layer from Decathlon under his riding gear. Whats the ideal base layer for hot/humid conditions primarily which can also be worn with liners in the winter? Came across Rynox Vapour Pro & Raida High Performance Base Layer but couldn’t get much reviews. Looking for people with experience to help choose!
I simply use merino wool base layers from decathlon or elsewhere. Look up how merino wool works. Fantastic against the skin.
Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 14:06   #4509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I simply use merino wool base layers from decathlon or elsewhere. Look up how merino wool works. Fantastic against the skin.
Wool is not hot ? I thought these are Skiing base layer during snowing and Skiing ?
Old 19th July 2023, 14:19   #4510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Wool is not hot ? I thought these are Skiing base layer during snowing and Skiing ?
Merino wool has the beautiful quality of keeping you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. It is also naturally anti bacterial. And odour resistant.

I wore it while riding from Bangalore to leh during the heat wave last year, may 2022.

And I also wore it all across Ladakh in very cold temperatures.

I will never get anything else. Intact I have started replacing my T shirts with merino wool. And the wool lasts longer the less you wash it.

Win win!
Red Liner is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 18:01   #4511
BHPian

Quote:
Merino wool has the beautiful quality of keeping you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. It is also naturally anti bacterial. And odour resistant.

I wore it while riding from Bangalore to leh during the heat wave last year, may 2022.

And I also wore it all across Ladakh in very cold temperatures.
That's really cool! Could you please drop links to the products you use?
Old 20th July 2023, 18:11   #4512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
That's really cool! Could you please drop links to the products you use?
Just search for merino wool in the decathlon website. All products will drop. I have the socks, tee shirt, and lower base layers!
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 18:18   #4513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just search for merino wool in the decathlon website. All products will drop. I have the socks, tee shirt, and lower base layers!
Would this be overkill for Bangalore weather during the winter period? (yes, I need socks at nights to bear those temperatures ) My current woolen pair is at the end of it's life.

Quote:
And the wool lasts longer the less you wash it.
Thats every bachelor's dream material

Last edited by ninjatalli : 20th July 2023 at 18:20.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 19:34   #4514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Would this be overkill for Bangalore weather during the winter period? (yes, I need socks at nights to bear those temperatures ) My current woolen pair is at the end of it's life.

Thats every bachelor's dream material
Nope, not overkill at all. It will be perfect. For the socks, i recommend just applying a very small pinch of sanitizer on your feet before you wear them - every time.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 20:03   #4515
BHPian

Hello Riders,

Those who're sitting on the fence for getting a pair of imported riding boots, should rush to get them at the earliest!

It seems after Helmets, ISI marks (BIS Certification) on footwear is mandatory from July 1st. Hence expect no further imports!

I'm also not sure under which category of footwear does riding boots come from this article? The move might be to curb cheap & poor quality imports but the blanket ban will affect specialized footwear products for different sports/activity, including riding boots!

Some prominent website has taken out their Italian boots collection already.

Ride safe,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks