Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2023, 13:21   #4441
arb

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston_martyr View Post
Do let us know how the RE Ceara and the boots perform for the daily rides. I am also in the same situation for my daily rides to work, would appreciate the feedback before my purchase.
Dear aston_martyr,

Ceara pants are fine, served well on a short 100km day ride. Little saggy over knees when standing but fits comfortably once seated. Haven't used in day to day rides.

Boots are fantastic, using them more often than I anticipated. It's surprisingly easy to wear and your feet seems cocooned. There is a gap (see pic) once you wear them and it does feel odd with the regular trousers, but causes no wobbly issues. I would like to presume this is by design and avoids the boot lip hitting/sinking in leg during upward/downward feet movement, like using brakes or working through gears. Even otherwise, it is not a deal breaker to me.

The Riding Gear thread-re-boot-lip-space.jpg
arb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 23:08   #4442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arb View Post
For spouse -

[*]Shoe - Will purchase along with mine, matching matching you see
Highly recommend Royal Enfield TCX Klausen Lady WP Boots. Got them for my fiancé recently after my fantastic 1-year experience with my own TCX Stelvio shoes. The Ortholite sole (same used on both the shoes - male and female) is a blessing. I've done a 4 hour Ikea de-tour in them on my way back from a lonavala ride with zero feet ache. My fiancé's initial usage reaction to the Klausen is the same.

I am not aware of any Indian brand which is selling riding shoes tailored for female feet. Our hunt left us finding shoes too large to fit whereas the TCX ones cite women-fitting-concept as one of their features and the narrow width of the boot lives up to it. Sizing is true to size.
Malliketh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 11:54   #4443
arb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malliketh View Post
Highly recommend Royal Enfield TCX Klausen Lady WP Boots.
Thank you Malliketh. I did see them listed in RE website but couldn't get one to try in nearby RE showrooms so dropped them of consideration.
Your experience does bring in the missing confidence, appropriate size is also available in RE web. Will probably order.

~ArB
arb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 14:42   #4444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arb View Post
Thank you Malliketh. I did see them listed in RE website but couldn't get one to try in nearby RE showrooms so dropped them of consideration.
Your experience does bring in the missing confidence, appropriate size is also available in RE web. Will probably order.

~ArB
No store in Mumbai had them in stock when I was looking for them. RE has a replacement policy (14 days IIRC) which I also confirmed over a call, so in case you get the wrong size you can get it switched for the right one. That should alleviate the fear of being stuck with the wrong shoe.

Like I mentioned, the sizing is accurate so shouldn't be an issue. These are in low availability and hence we are restricted to purchasing them online. Cheers.
Malliketh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 12:46   #4445
BHPian

Is there any company making riding gears specifically for women?
Old 21st May 2023, 19:51   #4446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
Most of the well know riding gear manufacturers offer ladies range specifically.

In the link below from Revzilla you can see some samples

https://www.revzilla.com/womens-motorcycle-riding-gear

Trust this helps

Best Regards & Ride Safe
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 20:49   #4447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
If you're talking about India, then Solace, Biking Brotherhood, Mototech and which has dedicated jackets for women. Worth a browse.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 16:45   #4448
BHPian

I was in need of a waterproof gloves for city rides. I used to wear my leather gloves, but continuous rainfall makes it impossible to use them on a daily basis. Wanted a cheap alternative for just those rainy days and ended up buying the RE Intrepid gloves.
My hand size is 22cm and according to the size chart, size L fits me right. Bought it offline from RE store, Tvm after trying it out.
The fit is ok for the palm area, but the fingers are too long. (As highlighted in the pic)It maybe due to the internal liner not sitting snug with the finger tips. I am unable to feel the tip of the gloves on my finger. Apart from that, I feel the gloves are a good buy considering the price. As to my knowledge, it is the cheapest rain gloves in the market currently. Got it for MRP-Rs. 2250/-
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-img_20230523_162823.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_20230523_162827.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_20230523_162845.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_20230523_162853.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_20230523_163818.jpg  

Thamps is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 12:01   #4449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
ashwin.terminat, for your intended usage, you should be looking at the Air GT3 from the Rynox range.
This is eventually what I ended up picking up. Along with an SMK Typhoon Thorn.

However, I still end up feeling like the ventilation is subpar. For both the jacket and the helmet. I used an SPG Helios and a KYT helmet before, so I have some sort of benchmark about what it should be like. But I ended sweating even on a leisurely ride at 5pm on a Saturday in Bangalore. I even sent the helmet to SMK to get the ventilation checked, they sent it back saying there is no issue.

Considering getting a new jacket now because the current one has gotten a little tight around the shoulders (I added some muscle finally ) Helmet too, I am wondering if a different one from KYT/MT/Ignyte or so will have better ventilation. Because with the current setup, I end up dreading every ride.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 25th May 2023 at 12:04.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 17:49   #4450
BHPian

@Thamps, do let me know how waterproof these are . One thing most companies do is,they skimp out on protection. I had the RE 3k inr plus textile ,waterproof model with knox knuckles and sps. Did not last a week. They sent a replacement under warranty and that did not fare well either in rain and developed tears like the first one. Now contemplating using long thick plastic bag over my viaterra grid.

Last edited by Senotrius : 25th May 2023 at 17:51.
Old 25th May 2023, 18:57   #4451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
@Thamps, do let me know how waterproof these are . One thing most companies do is,they skimp out on protection. I had the RE 3k inr plus textile ,waterproof model with knox knuckles and sps. Did not last a week. They sent a replacement under warranty and that did not fare well either in rain and developed tears like the first one. Now contemplating using long thick plastic bag over my viaterra grid.
Seems the rain has stopped for now, just as I bought the gloves. I did check the water resistance by submerging my hands with the gloves in water for a few minutes. My hands were dry. Can't say about it's real world performance though. In addition, water may seep through the highlighted elastic part as it was soaked when I tested it as there is no liner underneath.
Yes. The gloves does skimp out on protection. The knuckles have TPU, the material doesn't seem to be abrasion resistant much and it has thin foam and no sliders for scaphoid protection. But like I said, there is no water proof gloves in this price range to the best of my knowledge. So they did have to compromise on safety I guess. Can't complain considering the price though.It is not a hardcore water proof gloves in any way.It might just get you through some rain for short trips. That's all.

Using plastic bag on top of your leather gloves may make the use of levers slippery I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-img_20230525_184154.jpg  

Thamps is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 17:21   #4452
Senior - BHPian

Received this Rynox Cypher GT Summer Mesh Jacket today -

Lacked a pure mesh riding jacket in my wardrobe, hence went for this, after reading good reviews. Received this in 3 days flat after ordering from their website. I am not disappointed by the excellent fit and finish received. Rynox has really arrived! Chose this light Grey colour in XXL size for my build as I had abundance of Black in various types and finishes and this color goes nicely with my adventure themed requirement for the BMW R1250GS Adventure and even the RE Classic 350 REborn -

The Riding Gear thread-20230526_160122.jpg

Understated design was the key in choosing this jacket -

The Riding Gear thread-20230526_160302.jpg

Yours truly... Fit is excellent. My height is 6' btw -

The Riding Gear thread-20230526_161322.jpg

Good quality mesh and fabric quality is OK for the price. High quality Rynox 'rubber' logo in matching color and reflector strips both on the front and the back -

The Riding Gear thread-20230526_162022.jpg

All YKK zippers with high quality rubberised pulls. Even these have Rynox logo. Attention to detail is great -

The Riding Gear thread-20230526_162039.jpg

There are 2 'waterproof' pockets on the sides. Not very deep but can hold my Samsung Note 10 plus easily. No pockets on the inside of the jacket -

The Riding Gear thread-20230526_162113.jpg

Both arms have zippers for easy wear and 2 adjustable straps each -

The Riding Gear thread-20230526_162157.jpg

There's a 'unique' but small waterproof pocket no. 3 on the left arm for carrying some debit cards, cash, toll slips or ID's, Cool -

The Riding Gear thread-20230526_162216.jpg

Adjustable velcro bands on the sides -

The Riding Gear thread-20230526_162238.jpg

Full mesh and another Rynox rubberised logo on the back -

The Riding Gear thread-20230526_162303.jpg

Soft neoprene padded neckline for comfort -

The Riding Gear thread-20230526_162335.jpg

Level 2 protection from Cerros (Made in India) with 5 years warranty except the 'foam' Chest Pads -

The Riding Gear thread-20230526_162800.jpg

Verdict - Very satisfied with the fit and finish at this sub 5k price.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 26th May 2023 at 17:32.
dkaile is online now   (33) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 17:20   #4453
BHPian

@dkaile, looking smashing in the jacket. Is there an option for you to probably upgrade the armor to D30? The armor inserts appear to have a similar structure and shape as that of D30. Do check them out. Slightly expensive but more long-lasting for the long haul. Cheers!

Last edited by mugen_pinaki27 : 27th May 2023 at 17:22.
mugen_pinaki27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 19:31   #4454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post

Yours truly... Fit is excellent. My height is 6' btw -

Attachment 2455326
Nice look. Did you get one size larger than usual? I tried this jacket but in my size the armour was sticking out.

I went with Rynox Tornado but can't wear it without boiling in Hyderabad's summer heat.
SupMeteorStorme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 19:48   #4455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen_pinaki27 View Post
@dkaile, looking smashing in the jacket. Is there an option for you to probably upgrade the armor to D30?
Thanks, and that's a compliment to a 55 year old rider! Should be compatible with D30 but then there no end to it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupMeteorStorme View Post
Nice look. Did you get one size larger than usual? I tried this jacket but in my size the armour was sticking out.
Nope, XXL is my size. Sorry to hear about the Tornado but this one is a summer specific jacket and nearly full mesh for breathability. And it's quite light too at 1.6 kgs with inserts. Initially my buddies were wanting me to get one of the 15k mesh jacket from Revit but in the end I think I made a wise decision going with this 5k one from our Indian brand. True value without compromising it's usability.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 27th May 2023 at 19:51.
dkaile is online now   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks