Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2023, 10:35   #4486
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
Any link for the specific model?
Have a look at this one. I use this since I'm able to wear it over mx boots. There are adjustable velcro tabs below the knee portion of these pants.
shady is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 11:14   #4487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady View Post
Have a look at this one. I use this since I'm able to wear it over mx boots. There are adjustable velcro tabs below the knee portion of these pants.
Yes,this is the one commonly seen worn by other 2 wheeler riders here. I use a ryo T-rex and falco marshall. Both have large sole sizes thanks to being riding boots.
Old 5th July 2023, 12:47   #4488
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post

Not too happy that these boots skimped on toe shift padding.

Overall, I was blown away by his sincerity. So many life lessons chatting with him for an hour or so
Did you try this: https://www.amazon.in/Detachi-Protec.../dp/B085F1DVS4

The Riding Gear thread-ss.jpg
bblost is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 13:30   #4489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
First thing I tried
It said goodbye to me about 5 minutes into a ride. It didn't sit well on these boots.
What I'm planning next is to buy material similar to this and use that once the current jugaad stops working.
shyamg28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 15:47   #4490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post

- the knee armour I believe is non adjustable. Did you have any issues with placement? Also, I’m a little over 5 11’. Do u think armour placement might be an issue?

- do you think the pants would be easy to tuck inside MX / tall boots? Don’t think these would go over big bulky boots (I have the sidi crossfire 3)

Thanks and ride safe!
Hi Urban_Nomad, I've been using the Spencer pants for a little over half a year now and have a pretty good understanding of where it shines and its limitations.

- For context, I'm 5 10, and I haven't had any issues with the knee armour placement. If you're doubtful about your size, reach out to Viaterra, they are pretty responsive and will help you out with your concerns.

- I always ride with the pants tucked in and haven't felt any discomfort even on long trail riding days, There is a velcro attachment at the cuff that allows you to narrow the pant opening ala MX pants.

P.S. Now that the monsoons are about to arrive, I look forward to seeing more trail and dirt riding content on your YT channel. Cheers!
2legit2quit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 19:25   #4491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
- the knee armour I believe is non adjustable. Did you have any issues with placement? Also, I’m a little over 5 11’. Do u think armour placement might be an issue?
It is non adjustable, but the placement is perfect for me.

Quote:
- do you think the pants would be easy to tuck inside MX / tall boots? Don’t think these would go over big bulky boots (I have the sidi crossfire 3)
It wont go over MX boots, but tucking in maybe possible. Its pretty tight over tall sport riding boots too.
deerhunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 21:46   #4492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post

Viaterra Spencer Street Mesh Pants

Got these from Lazyassbikers.com. Shipping was prompt and communication was excellent. The pants come in sizes ranging from XS to 4XL, and in-seam lengths of Short and Regular.
I was looking at details of this in the Viaterra website and saw that they have a few new launches. A quick-release saddle bag and riding denim pants.

The denim pants with the protectors on the inside look very different from the ones in the market. No weird design at the knee area and looks like normal denims. Level 2 protectors and prized competitively too. I might get one of these for my city and office rides.

https://viaterragear.com/collections...-jeans-for-men
HowDifferent? is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 23:41   #4493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDifferent? View Post
The denim pants with the protectors on the inside look very different from the ones in the market. No weird design at the knee area and looks like normal denims. Level 2 protectors and prized competitively too. I might get one of these for my city and office rides.

https://viaterragear.com/collections...-jeans-for-men
Yes, they look like normal denims. But normal denim has no abrasion resistance, it will just split open at the first impact. So this Viaterra denim has only impact protection and no abrasion resistance. Bikeratti and Korda denims have Kevlar lining, Royal enfield denims are made of Cordura, but Viaterra looks better though.
deerhunter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 20:07   #4494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
For the price (Rs 8499), these are fantastic. Hope it will serve me well for the next 4-5 summers.
I'm curious to know where these Spencer pants are made. What does it say on your pair? I just bought the Viaterra Grid gloves and they are made in Indonesia! Curious for an Indian brand. I assumed all their offerings would be made in India.
Old 7th July 2023, 18:35   #4495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
I'm curious to know where these Spencer pants are made. What does it say on your pair? I just bought the Viaterra Grid gloves and they are made in Indonesia! Curious for an Indian brand. I assumed all their offerings would be made in India.
Just Checked my Tundra Gloves and was taken aback to find the same!

The Riding Gear thread-t.jpeg

Just took this SS from their Website as well.

Name:  In.png
Views: 504
Size:  14.3 KB

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Viaterra Products, but I do want them to clarify this.
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 18:46   #4496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
Just Checked my Tundra Gloves and was taken aback to find the same!

Just Checked my Tank Bag too, this in Manufactured in India, so maybe it is just specific products?

The Riding Gear thread-tt.jpeg
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 19:17   #4497
BHPian

Yes it looks like some specific products may be manufactured outside India. But the quality is very good so does not matter very much.
Old 8th July 2023, 18:02   #4498
BHPian

Haa anyone tried riding boots from

https://agrashoemart.com/biker-boots/

The boots look pretty good and comfortable so just wondering if anyone has tried it.
Old 8th July 2023, 19:19   #4499
//R

Hello! I need pointers for base layers. I have a LeGear balaclava and have been riding with cotton tees under my jacket so far. Discussion with a fellow rider revealed he’d be using a ski base layer from Decathlon under his riding gear. Whats the ideal base layer for hot/humid conditions primarily which can also be worn with liners in the winter? Came across Rynox Vapour Pro & Raida High Performance Base Layer but couldn’t get much reviews. Looking for people with experience to help choose!
//R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 06:41   #4500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //R View Post
Hello! I need pointers for base layers. I have a LeGear balaclava and have been riding with cotton tees under my jacket so far. Discussion with a fellow rider revealed he’d be using a ski base layer from Decathlon under his riding gear. Whats the ideal base layer for hot/humid conditions primarily which can also be worn with liners in the winter? Came across Rynox Vapour Pro & Raida High Performance Base Layer but couldn’t get much reviews. Looking for people with experience to help choose!
I have used the Vapour Pros over cold hills and sweaty coasts.. and it was by far one of the best Buy.
Shanmd is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks