Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2022, 11:20   #4246
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
good to know these boots (especially the high ones) are still available, RE's website isn't showing these since a while. Are black ones also available at store ?
Hi Pranav, I think a few stray pairs might be available at a select few showrooms. Your best bet if you're looking to get a pair would be to call and ask around. I was able to get the last pair at the Company Store in Hyderabad. (They still had one short boot available as of last Saturday). Try looking at Amazon and myntra, I faintly remember seeing stock available
2legit2quit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 12:03   #4247
BHPian

So I finally got delivery of the TCX mid rise boots.

They are really well made. Much better than my earlier XDI boots. They aren't as tall as my XDI boots which makes them more comfortable and easier to walk around with but on the flip side offer slightly less protection. I thought I would wear them with the riding pants over the boots but the top part of the boots is a bit uncomfortable on my skin as my socks don't go right upto the top so I wore my pants inside the boot and they were a lot more comfortable then.

The middle boot is my short ride boot which is also a RE product made by TCX the Cabo WP. It's a lot more comfortable to ride with but offer the least protection of the three. The XDI will be kept for one or two more rides before discarding.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-img_20220831_110900.jpg  

bf1983 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 14:06   #4248
Senior - BHPian

There is big sale on fc-moto.de in case anyone is interested + an extra 15% off using the code MEGA15. The site has the option to switch the country to India and display prices in INR as well.

In case of returns we need to inform them within 7 days via phone or email and ship the item back within 30 days for a full refund. Return shipping cost has to be borne by the customer. They do not do a product exchange we have place an order again. Refund will be received after they get the product back.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 18:25   #4249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
There is big sale on fc-moto.de in case anyone is interested + an extra 15% off using the code MEGA15. The site has the option to switch the country to India and display prices in INR as well.

Cheers
Thanks. What is the import duty we need to pay. Also are there any option to mark it as a gift ?
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 19:17   #4250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Thanks. What is the import duty we need to pay. Also are there any option to mark it as a gift ?
Welcome amvj. They say customs duties as applicable in your country, perhaps it depends on the amount. Don’t think there is an option to mark our purchase as a gift. I have ordered a couple of things today, will update what happens on receipt of my stuff.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 20:56   #4251
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome amvj. They say customs duties as applicable in your country, perhaps it depends on the amount. Don’t think there is an option to mark our purchase as a gift. I have ordered a couple of things today, will update what happens on receipt of my stuff.

Cheers
What did you order ? Some of the prices especially for boots are incredibly good. Shipping isn't terribly expensive but if they slap duties on you it can be very harsh
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 14:00   #4252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
What did you order
I ordered the following:

The Riding Gear thread-250e5d55aa5844daab635aa1dc4a7f1e.jpeg

The price mentioned less 15% discount (MEGA15) plus shipping came to Rupees 11,062. These same shoes are available online here for 20 thousand.

The Riding Gear thread-058978d189cf40459e1c244bf794bb43.jpeg

The price mentioned less 15% discount (MEGA 15) plus shipping came to Rupees 26xx.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 00:20   #4253
BHPian

I needed a standalone back protector(BP) which would fit inside my motorcycle leathers . I already have an Alpinestars nucleon KR-1 cell BP which is light and comfortable, but thick, making it very uncomfortable when worn inside the suit.
The lazy me chose the easier way of getting a slimmer BP than losing some body fat.
So got the RS Taichi stealth CE Back protector after some comparison and measurements. Got it from Moto Central for 8.5k. The shipping was really fast and the packing was good and secure. They were also very prompt in their replies to my queries on the BP.
The BP is comfortable and supports good airflow. This is considerably slimmer than the Nucleon and fits easily inside the suit. It also has larger area of coverage. However, the quality and size of the hip strap is less when compared to that of the Nucleon. Further, it is only Level 1 CE certified whereas the Nucleon is Level 2.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-img20220907193526.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img20220907193552.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img20220907193605.jpg  

Thamps is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 10:04   #4254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamind View Post
I've a pre-worshipped Z800 now so shouldn't be a problem with a naked i guess.
But again I need something that is a bit more comfortable to wear all day if need be.
Quote:
My shortlist for now is as follows;
SIDI performer Gore tex
Astar SMX6 V2 Drystar
Falco Avantour 2
TCX Stelvio

Unfortunately I won't be able to try everything on before buying so have to read a lot about every one of them.

But before that my riding jacket needs a replacement.
I've a 8.5 year old spartan hyperion, the velcro & elastics in the arms have 20% life on them.
The Thor force knee guards have hold up surprisingly well considering i'm a heavy build.
So I'm in the market for a riding jacket, pants & boots..
Quote:
For jacket and pants combined - 25K
Boots will be added down the line for again a 25K.
And my requirement is utterly for touring/long distance riding.

Also the more I read about the gore tex & WP boots, I feel they are sub par in terms of protection in the event of a crash compared to full blown track boots.
I'm yet to experience any of them physically(gore tex & WP) but looking at the way they flex sideways isn't assuring and IMHO they seem to defy the purpose they are made for.
I know it may be inappropriate to say this without even getting my hands on them but just illustrating my thoughts
Megamind, considering your usage of touring my suggestion will be
- Textile jacket : Royal Enfield Khardung La V2 or Nirvik.
- Pants : This is a little harder to recommend since I havent tried out or seen some of the newer options in the market. I hear good feedback on the Royal Enfield Tso Kar pants.

For your usage, you need a textile jacket, not a mesh one. Your other option for a touring jacket is from Macna but compared side by side with the Royal Enfield jackets, you are paying Rs 10K more to get less.

As for boots, yes, full blown track boots provide phenomenal protection for your ankles, toes and so on. But they are terribly uncomfortable to walk around in and wear all day. It all comes down to how much of a tradeoff that you are willing to make. Ive lived with a pair of Sidi race boots for a while. When it came time to replace them, I went with a more conventional sports touring option that I happily wear from morning till evening, while touring.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 16:58   #4255
BHPian

Hello
I have two queries:

1. Opinion sought on ViaTerra Spencer riding pant

I have a Rynox riding jacket and looking for the pant. What caught my attention in above ViaTerra pant is that there is an option of getting it 'with' tailbone protection, in addition to the hip and knee protectors.
Would that be a good idea? Or should I go with the Rynox storm Evo pant for its compatibility with the jacket? I have saddle and tank bags from ViaTerra which are of very good quality, though read about a bad experience of a bhpian in this thread with their gloves. So not sure about their quality and competence with the riding gears. My budget for the pant is about 10k, I have a sensitive lower back, hence got even more interested in it.

2. Should I go for a chest protecting armor too, to wear inside the jacket? Will have to see, if my jacket size would 'allow' to use one, as jacket fits well without chest protector.

I am a 80-90 kmph speed (max.) guy on the highways and 60-70 kmph in the city. Mentioned this info just for the reference, I understand that full protection is needed even for speeds below these too. That's why I bought jacket, full face helmet (LS2), gloves and knee guard, even before starting riding.

Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 01:19   #4256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Hello
I have two queries:

though read about a bad experience of a bhpian in this thread with their gloves. So not sure about their quality and competence with the riding gears.

That's why I bought jacket, full face helmet (LS2), gloves and knee guard, even before starting riding.

Thanks
I’ve been using their Holeshot gloves for 4 years now and they’ve held on beautifully. I haven’t tried their jackets/pants but have heard great reviews.

IMO you should buy riding boots before pants.

Ride safe!
GreyNomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 06:54   #4257
BHPian

Quote:
I ordered the following:

Cheers
@Cyborg - Do you prefer using FC moto, or you shop around a bit. Sometimes the Italian retailers like Motorama and Motostorm offer more discounts on Alpinestar products.

for the customs duty - I think it will be around 43%.

BCD is 16.15% (15% customs + 1.5% is CESS)
GST is 28%

The funniest thing is - all these products are the cheapest in Singapore
no_fear is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 10:42   #4258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
I’ve been using their Holeshot gloves for 4 years now and they’ve held on beautifully. I haven’t tried their jackets/pants but have heard great reviews.
IMO you should buy riding boots before pants.
!
Thanks. That gives confidence.
Riding boots, yes, forgot to mention, I have them. First bought Orazao basic one back in 2018, and when their sole gave up, bought RE boots a couple of months ago .
LongDrive lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 12:17   #4259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
@Cyborg - Do you prefer using FC moto, or you shop around a bit.....

The funniest thing is - all these products are the cheapest in Singapore
Actually FC-Moto was having a big sale which is why he bought from there. I myself got a pair of Cardo Scala Freecom 2 bluetooth communicator for just 14k shipped to my cousin in NL. So FC-Moto had good discounts only because of the sale.
bf1983 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 21:42   #4260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
@Cyborg - Do you prefer using FC moto, or you shop around a bit. Sometimes the Italian retailers like Motorama and Motostorm offer more discounts on Alpinestar products.
This is the first time I bought something from FC Moto, had only heard about this site earlier. Heard they were a safe place to buy from through a bike group, thought the discount was good and went ahead. Normally I never buy boots online because I find the return process a big pain. I have the Alpinestars SMX6 V2 Drystar boots and am relatively confident of the size so bought them. The backpack seemed extremely cheap due to the sale and had 272 five star reviews. Have not received my stuff yet, will update after I do.

First time I am hearing about Motorama and Motostorm would like to check them out. Please furnish site details.

Thank you no_fear.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 15th September 2022 at 21:53.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks