Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2022, 18:44   #4036
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
I find the Blizzard gloves very uncomfortable. Yesterday I did some 50KM ride with that gloves and I am still having pain in my fingers. The problem is the liner inside the gloves and outer layer are independent of each other. Once you remove the gloves and put it back, the liner comes in midway and prevents the fingers to slide in. This causes so much frustration and pain to use.
I'm sure you knew this but Blizzard gloves are to be used for winter-cold rides. That's why these gloves have a liner inside to keep your fingers warm. I agree it's cumbersome to wear-remove them with the liners affecting the movement. Also, your fingers will never touch the outer layer (like other gloves) since there'll be a small gap between the two layers. If you use these gloves for daily commute etc, then it's going to be a pain. Breaking in takes more time because of the layers.

Good decision on going for the summer gloves - that's more suited for the weather we face.
TheVaas is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 07:31   #4037
Senior - BHPian

I was caught very badly in torrential rain. The only thing that weren't waterproof are my gloves. Guys, please suggest a good comfy, yet supremely waterproof pair? Seen one that I like from KLIM but not sure where to get that in Bengaluru. (I insist on trying them on before purchase). Question 2: Anybody got waterproof socks from Rynox (2,600 a pair)?
Attached Images

Last edited by Sebring : 4th May 2022 at 07:40.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 08:36   #4038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I was caught very badly in torrential rain. The only thing that weren't waterproof are my gloves. Guys, please suggest a good comfy, yet supremely waterproof pair? Seen one that I like from KLIM but not sure where to get that in Bengaluru. (I insist on trying them on before purchase). Question 2: Anybody got waterproof socks from Rynox (2,600 a pair)?
Go to the Big Bad Bikes showroom and meet Sean. Great guy and a good friend.

Big Bad Bikes are the official Klim distributors for India.

Buy only Goretex gloves for the rain.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 09:31   #4039
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
For my jacket I was looking at the RE street wind V2 and buy armour to place in it. Any other suggestions for around 4K are welcome. In the winters I would just wear a nice jacket over my riding jacket so only looking for safe and cool options.
Will try the gloves in person so nothing in my mind but if any good suggestions for around 3k do please let me know.

Now comes the lower body which is confusing me a bit, my longtime riding cousin says that I don’t need riding pants or jeans and should just get knee guards. I am not sure I agree as I have had some painful road rashes on my bicycle during the years. I was instead thinking of getting those jeans from RE which have abrasion resistance and adding the knee armour. Again looking forward to hearing from you all on this.
As for boots, again my cousin told me to get a pair of high ankle trekking boots from decathlon but I am pretty sure they would slice open in a slide and won’t protect my ankles. Saw a few options for riding boots for around 5k like the orazzo ibis
At this point I was thinking to get the lid and jacket + gloves first and soon after get the pants/jeans and boots for the budget I mentioned above.
Doge, I am responding to just the riding gear questions here. Ill post a reply to your query on the helmets, in the other thread. You have made the right choice of staggering your purchases.

Jacket : Go for the Streetwind V2. Get the upgraded armour (either at purchase time or later, depending on your budget)
Gloves : Do you need short length gloves, medium gauntlets or full gauntlets? There are plenty of suggestions for all three on this thread. The Royal Enfield Vamos is a good option around the Rs 4K mark.
Pants : Yes, the Royal Enfield-Levis ones are a good option. Availability seems to be iffy these days. Maybe save up a bit and buy proper riding pants instead.
Boots : At that price point, the Orazo boots are a good choice.

Quote:
I find the Blizzard gloves very uncomfortable. Yesterday I did some 50KM ride with that gloves and I am still having pain in my fingers. The problem is the liner inside the gloves and outer layer are independent of each other. Once you remove the gloves and put it back, the liner comes in midway and prevents the fingers to slide in. This causes so much frustration and pain to use.
amvj, as TheVaas already pointed out, the discomfort is only because it was a cold weather / waterproof glove. Its good that the store guys accepted the replacement without any issues. The SMX-1 V2 summer gloves should serve you very well. Do keep us updated with your long term feedback on this pair.

Quote:
Sebring, I posted a couple of waterproof options in the post number 4022.

A couple of days ago, I tried out the Sirius H20 gloves at a local store here. These gloves dont have the two layer feel that amvj pointed out in his post. The Sirius H2O gloves felt like a very good pair of riding gloves that happens to be waterproof. Yes, it is a bit expensive but it does feel worth it. I plan to pick it up at the start of the monsoon season. Orion has a ton of Revit stuff, so they should be your best bet.
neil.jericho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 14:24   #4040
Senior - BHPian

Oh yes. After reading your excellent post I picked up the RE Alpinestar SMX1 V2 gloves for Rs 5200 from the Jayanagar store (Black was best). The guy was saying this could soon go out of stock. (By far the most comfortable ones for me). OPENROAD was nice as well. I'll certainly try your other suggestion for waterproof options (And KLIM GORETEX. Will keep this thread posted). Thanks so much Neil & Red Liner
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Sebring, I posted a couple of waterproof options in the post number 4022.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-img_0020.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 4th May 2022 at 14:26.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 23:52   #4041
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I would suggest you to checkout "Bikeratti Meridian". I rode almost 9 hrs in continues drizzle from Narkanda to Reckong peo and still had dry hands. They are comfortable and made of high quality.

This is my first post on Team- BHP
FlankerH is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 08:19   #4042
BHPian

Guys, my Macna Hurracage jacket is now nearly 2 years of daily usage. The plastic which houses the zip has given way and the zip is now free standing. I am wondering if i should give to Spartan pro gear at Coimbatore and they take days to sort this out (And me ending up riding without gear for those days as i do not have a backup riding jacket) or take it to somebody who repairs bags or sofas and get it done quickly.
rohitoasis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 08:28   #4043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlankerH View Post
Hi,

I would suggest you to checkout "Bikeratti Meridian". I rode almost 9 hrs in continues drizzle from Narkanda to Reckong peo and still had dry hands. They are comfortable and made of high quality.
Have you ridden with it on cold days too?
siddhant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 10:47   #4044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
Have you ridden with it on cold days too?
Actually i made the purchase in September 2018 just before trip to Kaza and since then i use it regularly during rains and winters (Delhi winters to be specific).

Just for forums information my riding gear includes:
RE mesh gloves for summer rides
Clover AirJet 4 Summer mesh jacket
Bikeratti Meridian Membrane gloves

Currently riding an August 2019 Interceptor 650 with few functional mods.
FlankerH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 10:46   #4045
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Guys, my Macna Hurracage jacket is now nearly 2 years of daily usage. The plastic which houses the zip has given way and the zip is now free standing. I am wondering if i should give to Spartan pro gear at Coimbatore and they take days to sort this out (And me ending up riding without gear for those days as i do not have a backup riding jacket) or take it to somebody who repairs bags or sofas and get it done quickly.
Go to someone who repairs bags / sofas. They will do it within no time and it will cost you peanuts.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 20:59   #4046
BHPian

A question for folks that use GoPro or other action cameras - where do you find it to be a convenient fit?
I had it fixed to the chin of my helmet, (using a chin strap), however, that would only cover the tank/handle area of the bike, even at the stiffest position.

The chin strap:
Name:  goprochinstrap.png
Views: 855
Size:  291.0 KB

Top of the helmet would definitely add drag and be tough to turn on/off.

Thanks for the suggestions!
P72NX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 05:52   #4047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P72NX View Post
A question for folks that use GoPro or other action cameras - where do you find it to be a convenient fit?
I fix it on my crash guard.However, the footage is not for uploading to social media.It is solely for the purpose of any proof/claim in case of accident/crash. The footage is decent though.
Thamps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 10:59   #4048
Senior - BHPian

Having used it well, I'm disliking the extra padding given on the palm. Not giving a very comfortable hold on the bike, since I already have puppy grips installed (Wasn't an issue with my earlier pair). The second matter is the inadequate length of the Velcro fastener. (The next size has a longer strap but my fingers feel lax)
Quote:
SMX-1 V2 AIR SUMMER GLOVES - BLACK I rode the bike with the gloves to my home and I find it feels much more natural to use compared to Blizzard gloves. Special thanks to RE showroom Vinod for being so patient and answered my queries and exchanged the gloves without asking questions.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-img_0911.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_0913.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 20:12   #4049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
Hi,

Is there any feedback for this online riding gear and accessories seller webike.in? Looking to buy a Honda riding jacket and wasn't sure about their authenticity, felt this was the right place to check. The website has a .in extension however ships from Japan and the shipping prices are high. Apparently they have a Instagram page with the same name, seems inactive and last post in Apr 2019.

Any help on this will be appreciated, thanks.

RS

https://www.webike.in/
I stumbled upon this website and want to know whether it is legit site or not. Any updates you have on this?

@Sebring:
My wrist is not that big so the Velcro covers it completely.

Last edited by amvj : 14th May 2022 at 20:14.
Old 15th May 2022, 12:30   #4050
BHPian

Does anybody know a good leather jacket repair shop in Bangalore? I prefer Koramangala, Jayanagar, BSK, HSR layout etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks