Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2021, 12:30   #3886
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Other option I can recommend is Solace, the quality of Solace is also brilliant.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 12:51   #3887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I would suggest that you avoid Rynox pants. I had bought one and the seams tore on the very first ride while hopping onto my bike. The reason was because one side of the pants had double stitching but the side that tore had single stitching
Did you try getting it replaced from the dealer?

I used Rynox pants for Spiti ride, this year. Had a Nasty fall, the pants did a great job. I suggest you get it replaced, if you haven't.
Sahil00090 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 12:28   #3888
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil00090 View Post
Did you try getting it replaced from the dealer?

I used Rynox pants for Spiti ride, this year. Had a Nasty fall, the pants did a great job. I suggest you get it replaced, if you haven't.
Yes, I did. There were some delays in the process but Rynox did eventually get me a new one. That has been holding up well so far.
Old 6th December 2021, 23:15   #3889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Yes, I did. There were some delays in the process but Rynox did eventually get me a new one. That has been holding up well so far.
Glad it was replaced and holding well.
Old 8th December 2021, 17:28   #3890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Is Selling of Used Riding Gears allowed on T-Bhp?
Yes. In classifieds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanahanin View Post
Update on this. I got the RE TCX stelvio boots,]
Hi..can you please share the feedback about the boot in terms of breathability in different weather & speed conditions? Thank you.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th December 2021 at 17:48. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
shaikhmimran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 21:25   #3891
BHPian

Bought my pants - Rynox Storm Evo - and completed the first ride of 400k. Next one coming up possibly this weekend.
Went in for the Airtex at the Mahim store and after trying a bunch of models, found the Storm Evo to be the most comfortable. A big shoutout for the store guys - they’re patient, informed and extremely cooperative.
Now the experience… @shyamg28 I totally get what you meant by confidence boost. I felt protected and almost invincible…to the point of trying to lean too much on the twisted of western ghats! Till the bike threatened to throw me off 😝
Contrary to my fear, the pants were actually more airy and overall comfortable than even regular denims while on the move, once one gets past the niggle of the knee guard rubbing against the skin.
Extremely happy with the purchase. Thank you @neiljericho and @athek. I did try solace but found Rynox fit better. Also felt Rynox is lighter.
GreyNomad is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 18:30   #3892
HTC
BANNED

Happened to drop by Solace store near Banashankari metro station, bangalore.
They had just one model in full gauntlet gloves. I was looking at more comfortable gloves.
Found that they had couple of last pieces of 'Carbontec' gloves in XL size for sale at 1500/- (mrp 3700/-). Picked one pair. They are comfortable and looks well made. Yet to breakin. Serves the purpose for now. Any one looking for a steal deal, check out. Attaching the pic of remaining pair.

Between, same is retailing at 2775 in one of the shopping sites - https://letsgearup.in/collections/so...leather-gloves
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-20211209_163217.jpg  

Last edited by HTC : 9th December 2021 at 18:56.
HTC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 21:00   #3893
BHPian

Bought Leatt GPX Cargo 3 bag from LABS. Capacity-13 Ltrs(10+3) and has integrated CE level 2.0 Back Protector. Though its a hydration bag, 13 ltrs capacity is enough for me to use it for daily commute. And considering the relatively ordinary looks when compared to the hardshell Drag backpacks, i guess it attracts much less attention in an office setting. However, the width and design of the shoulder straps may stand out as odd. The bag is made in China.

The bag retails in Lazy Ass Bikers at 50% Discount. The staff at LABS were kind enough to send pics of the bag through whatsapp before shipping. However, it does not have the hydration bladder.. It does not have any warranty too.

There are other products with bigger carrying capacity and features like USB charging from the likes of Carbonado. But considering that this can also be a discreet level 2 back protector, i feel that at Rs 5999/-, it is an amazing deal. It also has a small tool bag kind of thing which feels flimsy and a Waterproof mobile pouch, which feels okay. The overall quality of the materials used, zips and stitches feel good. Attaching some pics of the bag.

The Riding Gear thread-img_20211209_190520.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_20211209_190443.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_20211209_190156.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_20211209_190127.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_20211209_190058.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_20211209_190036.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_20211209_185916.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_20211209_185841.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_20211209_185819.jpg

Last edited by khan_sultan : 13th December 2021 at 10:31. Reason: formatted for better readability
Thamps is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 11:39   #3894
BHPian

Second upgrade to the office attire.. I had been using RST Stunt boots as my daily commute boots for past two years. The boots just looks like a normal work boots under office pants but is CE Certified. The boots were really good from a protection standpoint, though not as technical or cool looking as boots like Astar's SMX-1R. Anyway, the boot had reached its end of life due to the harsh usage and i wanted a replacement for the same.

I started searching the domestic market for a pair of boots which was discreet enough to avoid questions/stares in an office setting. I also didnt want a boot which would extend beyond my ankle as it would be uncomfortable in a 9-5 desk job and would be difficult to get in and out off each time. Budget was under 10k.So the TCX boots were already out of my budget. Choices were too limited, with either the boots not being CE certified or looking too flashy or size issues. Finally zeroed in on Style Martin Chester boots which is on sale at 6ktoIOM store at Rs 7980/-.
My other option was to order from abroad, but considering the duty laws of our country, didnt want to move that way.(also to offset the ridiculous customs duty now, the product needs to be atleast in a 40% discount price, further limiting the choices)

The Chester boots are CE certified and i found it decent enough in terms of protection from online reviews. The shop sent the same through India post , however, charging extra 400/- for shipping through speed post. Considering the fact that almost all the stores i have bought from in India use a private courier with free shipping and tracking, this was bit of a sour experience.

Anyways, the packing was good and it arrived today. The soles are stiff and beefy, but the heel and toe is not as rigid as RST Stunt or even a factory boot. But I guess, it adds to the comfort. the shoes claims to be water resistant with lining reaching just below the ankle. There is ankle protection in lateral and medial side and has added layer of leather for shifting. the boot is currently on sale at 40% off in 6ktoIOM store Overall, considering the price and CE certification, i feel its a decent purchase( atleast from initial impressions).

Attaching pics below:
The Riding Gear thread-img_20211210_103358.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_20211210_103339.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_20211210_103322.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_20211210_102821.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_20211210_101539.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_20211210_101524.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_20211210_101507.jpg

Last edited by khan_sultan : 13th December 2021 at 10:32. Reason: formatted for better readability
Thamps is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 01:07   #3895
BHPian

Can anyone help me with taking care of leather gloves they look so faded now, I guess they have completed 3 years. But the fit is still good and I feel like keeping them for some more time.

They are from Aspida, I don't see/hear much about th now but mine are pretty good considering I bought this full leather around 3.5k something.

I need to clean them from inside and out. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Feel free to share a product which has worked for you, especially for inside.
Old 13th December 2021, 09:25   #3896
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone help me with taking care of leather gloves they look so faded now, I guess they have completed 3 years. But the fit is still good and I feel like keeping them for some more time.
I generally use baby wipes to clean my gloves inside out.

I am sure there are special products for leather but baby wipes has worked for me so far. It keeps the leather moisturized and cleans the dirt & dust as well.

This works best if you do it regularly. If your gloves feel dry & brittle then baby wipes may not be enough - you need a proper leather moisturizer to restore your gloves. Have you checked with the manufacturer? Perhaps they can share the recommended product.
Old 13th December 2021, 10:22   #3897
BHPian

Quote:

They are from Aspida, I don't see/hear much about th now but mine are pretty good considering I bought this full leather around 3.5k something.

I need to clean them from inside and out. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Feel free to share a product which has worked for you, especially for inside.
You can have a look at TBG's recommendation on cleaning leather gloves. I use a soft cloth myself, dip it in plain water and wipe down the outer portion of the gloves. For the inner portion, I keep it in the sun from time to time to disinfect it. Has worked well so far although the initial shine is gone since they are 15000+ kms old.
Old 13th December 2021, 10:24   #3898
BHPian

Quote:

You can check with shoe cleaning and repair services who deal with leather shoes. They should have all the required tools and chemicals which should serve for leather gloves as well.

Something like https://myshoeclinic.com

PS: I just googled for shoe spa and this came up
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 15:18   #3899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheWanderer View Post
I generally use baby wipes to clean my gloves inside out.

I am sure there are special products for leather but baby wipes has worked for me so far. It keeps the leather moisturized and cleans the dirt & dust as well.

This works best if you do it regularly. If your gloves feel dry & brittle then baby wipes may not be enough - you need a proper leather moisturizer to restore your gloves. Have you checked with the manufacturer? Perhaps they can share the recommended product.
Even I think that baby wipes won't be enough, I tried contacting them once but they didn't get any proper response. I think I will have to hunt down a decent leather moisturizer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
You can have a look at TBG's recommendation on cleaning leather gloves. I use a soft cloth myself, dip it in plain water and wipe down the outer portion of the gloves. For the inner portion, I keep it in the sun from time to time to disinfect it. Has worked well so far although the initial shine is gone since they are 15000+ kms old.
Thanks for sharing Sidhant, this is really helpful. I am still looking for something to clean from inside, the sunlight is scarce now in winters and Delhi's infamous smog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
You can check with shoe cleaning and repair services who deal with leather shoes. They should have all the required tools and chemicals which should serve for leather gloves as well.

Something like https://myshoeclinic.com

PS: I just googled for shoe spa and this came up
Interesting, I never knew that there are some services like that , will search something in Delhi NCR.
Old 15th December 2021, 09:29   #3900
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone here have any feedback on the Royal Enfield TCX Stelvio boots? My Sidi full length boots finally gave up on me on my last ride and I have mercifully gotten rid of them. I tried out the Stelvio boots in a store and am leaning towards the brown one.

The Riding Gear thread-20211214_162426.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-20211214_162850.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-20211214_162611.jpg
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks