Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2021, 12:22   #3796
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by P72NX View Post
Have you ridden in them yet? Wondering how hot they get at low speeds /within the city etc?

Yes, I wore them on a weekend ride the day before yesterday.

While coming back I was riding through some scenic village roads at easy speeds (30 - 50 Km/h) in full sun. It didn't feel hot; my hands weren't sweaty after the ride. The gloves have a good amount of perforations all over to make them breathable.

I haven't had the chance to use them in proper city traffic though.

A side note, the cuff of my riding jacket is bulky (large YKK zipper and a big velcro strap) and these are my first full gauntlet gloves so wearing them did feel a little odd at times. It is almost time to get a new jacket so I will look for one that feels comfortable with these gloves on.
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 09:54   #3797
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
Fair point, I'm definitely getting one that is easily available in India. However, there are times when a product or design gets stuck in your head. In this case it's a Honda branded jacket, nothing flashy about it and that's exactly why I like it. Link below.

https://www.webike.in/products/23981826.html
You are in luck. The same jacket is available at Big Wing Top Line stores across India. I saw this yesterday at the dealership in Cochin. I asked about pricing but they werent very sure about it. I think I am the first customer to enquire about its cost.

The Riding Gear thread-20210922_163311.jpg

The Big Wing stores also have Rynox jackets and pants, Axor and LS2 helmets. At the launch of their recent 200cc bike, many of you would have noticed Rynox gear being featured in the videos.
neil.jericho is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 13:39   #3798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
You are in luck. The same jacket is available at Big Wing Top Line stores across India. I saw this yesterday at the dealership in Cochin. I asked about pricing but they werent very sure about it. I think I am the first customer to enquire about its cost.

The Big Wing stores also have Rynox jackets and pants, Axor and LS2 helmets. At the launch of their recent 200cc bike, many of you would have noticed Rynox gear being featured in the videos.
@Neil.Jericho Thanks a lot for checking this, infact I saw it in the Bigwing Topline at Lavelle Road Blr, the price quoted was a whopping 35k, that's when I started looking for it on the web and came across the same jacket at Japanese online store Webike.com..after INR conversion it came around 13k, however additional taxes and customs will be added. Recently bought a Revit Eclipse jacket, however heart is still stuck on this. 35K is way too much for this jacket, what do you think?
Raghunath Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 20:24   #3799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Hello Riders,

Royal Enfield has added riding jackets to their MIY (Make it yours) program. You can choose your armors Knox or D3O, L1 or L2, layers etc.

I just added Stormraider jacket and full set of D3O L2 armors and was surprised to see the discount on the armors! Please check.

If you're in the market for riding jackets and are sure of RE riding jackets and their sizing then this is way more cost effective way to get upgraded armor. I tried removing the jacket itself and RE restores the armor prices to MRP. The bundled offer is worth it!

Ride safe,
surjaonwheelz

I bought a Nirvik from the nearby RE store. Turned out cheaper since they have a discount of 15% for purchases about 7.5K + a nice duffle bag (worth 2K) as a gift.
vinjosep is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 23:02   #3800
BHPian

So tried the RE MIY jacket website. The Streetwind V2 jacket with either Knox/D3O level 2 armour (elbow, shoulder and back) costs around 7.5k which I think is pretty good VFM. The D3O armour is just few hundred rupees more than Knox.

Between Knox and D3O, which one is more comfortable to wear? Which of them is safer?
Old 24th September 2021, 09:27   #3801
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
@Neil.Jericho Thanks a lot for checking this, infact I saw it in the Bigwing Topline at Lavelle Road Blr, the price quoted was a whopping 35k, that's when I started looking for it on the web and came across the same jacket at Japanese online store Webike.com..after INR conversion it came around 13k, however additional taxes and customs will be added. Recently bought a Revit Eclipse jacket, however heart is still stuck on this. 35K is way too much for this jacket, what do you think?
Congratulations on the Eclipse jacket, which colour did you get? I remember being confused about all the attractive and subtle colour options myself. Do share your review of the jacket for our benefit, with pictures.

Coming to the Honda jacket, Rs 35K for that, is day light, night light and no light robbery. Forget about purchasing it from the Honda store. These are just show piece items to be hung in their stores, I doubt they will sell even one.

If you are hell bent on getting one, order it from Webike.com. That is a pretty popular website. Customs duty should be around 30 - 40%. And it will get cleared within 2 weeks. That said, someone imported a helmet recently and I reverse calculated the customs duty percentage and it was 51%. Even so, you will get the same jacket from Japan for below Rs 20K, delivered to your door through the postal service. I have imported gloves recently and shared the price breakup on this thread, do refer to that to get an idea.

Is the Honda jacket worth Rs 20K ? That is for you to decide. If you like it, go for it.

Personally, I always suggest looking at versatility, when buying a second riding jacket. Since you have an excellent mesh jacket, why not an excellent touring jacket instead (the Royal Enfield Nirvik is a fabulous choice) or a classy leather one? A touring jacket is a head choice, a leather jacket is a heart choice. You cant go wrong with either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
I bought a Nirvik from the nearby RE store. Turned out cheaper since they have a discount of 15% for purchases about 7.5K + a nice duffle bag (worth 2K) as a gift.
Congratulations. Do share pics and feedback from your usage. Despite the Nirvik selling well, we dont have any reviews here on TBHP.
neil.jericho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 12:09   #3802
BHPian

RE has done it again, another premium brand tie up, this time it's TCX

Name:  boaw20003olive_2re.png
Views: 713
Size:  238.7 KB

Decently priced it seems.

Ride safe,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 12:22   #3803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmonster View Post
Between Knox and D3O, which one is more comfortable to wear? Which of them is safer?
In my experience D3O armors are more comfy. They are more flexible, and softer than Knox.

Safety is difficult to say for sure, but I think D3O would be better for that as well. Knox still seems to be using the old style armors that are just big pieces of rubber like material to absorb the impact. D3O uses viscoelastic materials that harden on impact. If both Knox and D3O armors are level 2 certified, I would imagine D3O would be easier to live with.
RiderZone is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 14:43   #3804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
In my experience D3O armors are more comfy. They are more flexible, and softer than Knox.

Knox still seems to be using the old style armors that are just big pieces of rubber like material to absorb the impact.
This is not entirely True with the new Micro Lock series.

Regarding RE, the Knox back armor is much bigger in size than the D3O one. Now you would wonder how two different size armor fit the same jacket? So the jacket has armor pockets as per the armor selected. I'm not sure if it has provision for both size armors. Knox L2 back armor will be my pick!

A review video:

Ride safe,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 17:49   #3805
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
RE has done it again, another premium brand tie up, this time it's TCX
This is HUGE news! The fact that proper full length TCX adventure touring boots will be available across Royal Enfield boots, is a game changer. No longer will we have to worry about trying and buying options being so limited across India. Now we will get solid boots like the waterproof Stelvio ones, in our local Royal Enfield dealerships.

The Riding Gear thread-12.jpg

Quote:
Regarding RE, the Knox back armor is much bigger in size than the D3O one. Now you would wonder how two different size armor fit the same jacket?
Im guessing two versions of the same jacket will be manufactured. One with sizing for D30 back armour and the other with sizing for Knox.
neil.jericho is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 22:00   #3806

Hey guys
I ride the 390 adventure and am planning a trip to Zanskar in few days. While I understand, nothing beats a proper boot, I'm running slightly low on budget.
I came across these and they look fairly protective to me -
https://www.woodlandworldwide.com/co...r=78745B&size=
Any thoughts? Risk worth taking?
Aarka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 22:21   #3807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarka View Post
Hey guys
I ride the 390 adventure and am planning a trip to Zanskar in few days. While I understand, nothing beats a proper boot, I'm running slightly low on budget.
I came across these and they look fairly protective to me -
https://www.woodlandworldwide.com/co...r=78745B&size=
Any thoughts? Risk worth taking?
At that price point, this would be worth considering:

https://orazosafety.com/index.php/product/ibis-vwr/

Pairing them with the Rynox waterproof socks might do the trick, although in the end proper WP boots are, well, proper WP boots.

https://www.rynoxgears.com/collectio...cks-black-grey
RiderZone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 22:23   #3808

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
At that price point, this would be worth considering:

https://orazosafety.com/index.php/product/ibis-vwr/

Pairing them with the Rynox waterproof socks might do the trick, although in the end proper WP boots are, well, proper WP boots.

https://www.rynoxgears.com/collectio...cks-black-grey
Thanks for your response!
I've heard that the steel toe in Orazo's can make the situation worse in an accident. Also, have doubts on reliability - have heard of few cases where the stitching comes off and all.

I was thinking of the same - Rynox H2GO plus the woodland ones.
Aarka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 22:44   #3809
BHPian

A note of thanks to @pjbiju, @neil.jericho, @surajonwheelz, @RiderZone and @Arv1990 for the info on Falco boots. Was on the lookout for good adv/motocross boots for nearly two years. Very hard to source in Vadodara/Ahmedabad. Had to make do with XDI touring boots, which were too costly for what they offered. Then @pjbiju's discussion popped up in this thread and ordered the boots from 6kiom.com immediately. 6kiom has best stock in terms of models and sizes right now of all online vendors. Got Adventour 2 for self and Micro 3 for wife (couldn't get Adventour for her size). Will post further after riding. So far the fit is accurate, there is no vague feeling, there is enough feedback on toes and walking is fairly easy.

Cheers,
SayanThe Riding Gear thread-img_20210927_220441303_hdr.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_20210927_220506951_hdr.jpg
Sayan15 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 08:20   #3810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayan15 View Post
Adventour 2 Micro 3
Avantour 2 and Mixto 3 I mean. Mobile browser and autocorrect doing their best

Most Viewed