Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2021, 20:01   #3676
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Guys any reviews on Royal Enfield's Trail blazer gloves ?

I am looking for something which can serve me for weekend rides, provides decent protection without compromising on the tactile feedback during light off roading ?

Budget - 4k.
Other option I can think of is Rynox .

P.S : For touring / multi day trips, I have a full gauntlet gloves.
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 23:22   #3677
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post

I am looking for something which can serve me for weekend rides, provides decent protection without compromising on the tactile feedback during light off roading ?

Budget - 4k.
I think the Royal Enfield Vamos looks like an excellent choice in this segment. It hasnt reached our local showroom here, so I havent been able to check it out in person yet. It costs Rs 4,200 and gets you a CE certification along with Knox protection for the knuckles and scaphoid. If it fits me well, it will probably be my next pair of city gloves.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 11:22   #3678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I think the Royal Enfield Vamos looks like an excellent choice in this segment. It hasnt reached our local showroom here, so I havent been able to check it out in person yet. It costs Rs 4,200 and gets you a CE certification along with Knox protection for the knuckles and scaphoid. If it fits me well, it will probably be my next pair of city gloves.
Thanks for sharing this.
Looks decent.

Found another options from a company "Racer". Apparently they have been in the business for 90 years. The Racer Ronin seems to be a decent one from their catalogue with D3O armor. I just don't understand why it is called a winter glove, when it has a decent mix of mesh and leather (which should be ideal for our conditions)

nitinkbhaskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 22:12   #3679
BHPian

Quote:

Budget - 4k.
Other option I can think of is Rynox .

P.S : For touring / multi day trips, I have a full gauntlet gloves.
Viaterra just launched an off-road focused gloves at INR3200. Their Holeshot at INR2800 is also a decent city/weekend ride option.
GreyNomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 14:15   #3680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Inside, outside, everywhere. Apply gel on your hand and fingers and slip it inside the gloves. Allow to dry further inside your room.
The insides of my gloves (viaterra holeshot) have a liner. In this case I suppose I shouldn’t be applying the leather conditioner gel inside the glove. Is my understanding correct?
Old 13th April 2021, 17:46   #3681
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
The insides of my gloves (viaterra holeshot) have a liner. In this case I suppose I shouldn’t be applying the leather conditioner gel inside the glove. Is my understanding correct?
Wouldn't it be too warm? Best to chat with the viaterra guys.
Old 13th April 2021, 23:28   #3682
BHPian

Viaterra confirmed the gel wouldn’t have any effect inside the gloves since they are ‘cushion padded’. As for the heat, honestly i haven’t felt it but then these are the only ones I have so no reference point really.
Old 15th April 2021, 11:19   #3683
Distinguished - BHPian

My Alpinestars GP Pro R2 arrived a couple of days ago. I have been searching for a replacement to my city gloves (A* SP2 full gauntlets) and my race gloves (Full Metal D1 full gauntlets). Currently there seems to be a shortage of premium quality gloves in India. The official importer of A* isnt importing their premium range of gloves and I cant visit Bangalore just to buy a pair of Dainese gloves. While scouring through the interwebs, I came across a fantastic offer on a pair of Alpinestars GP Pro R2 gloves, which are very highly rated gloves and are CE2 rated. Also I have tried this out earlier, so I knew the fitting. This model was recently upgraded to the R3, and that probably explained the steal deal pricing.

I had recently ordered premium levers for my motorcycle from the UK and the entire process was seamless. The postman delivered it to my residence and I paid him the customs duty and the post office handling charge. So I decided to take the plunge once again and placed the order for the gloves on the FC Moto site.

Total price for the gloves = Rs 15,281
Total customs = Rs 5,385
Post Office handling charge = Rs 100
Total Price = Rs 20,766

The Riding Gear thread-20210413_195459-large.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-20210413_195609-large.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-20210413_195621-large.jpg

At this price, it feels like the deal of the year! The gloves fit me perfectly. The last few gloves that I have bought have been black in colour, and my last black and white pair of gloves was the Cramster TRG2.

DHL provides excellent tracking services for their deliveries. In case anyone is interested in the timelines for these international shipments, I have given the details below.
- 13th March : Gloves ordered online
- 15th March : Dispatched from Germany to the Bombay Foreign Post Office
- 30th March : Received in the Bombay Foreign Post Office
- 30th March : Dispatched to the Cochin Foreign Post Office
- 7th April : Held by Customs
- 8th April : Cleared and sent to the International Business Centre IBC
- 9th April : Postman calls me for delivery

Last edited by neil.jericho : 15th April 2021 at 11:20.
neil.jericho is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 19:27   #3684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
While scouring through the interwebs, I came across a fantastic offer on a pair of Alpinestars GP Pro R2 gloves, which are very highly rated gloves and are CE2 rated. Also I have tried this out earlier, so I knew the fitting. This model was recently upgraded to the R3, and that probably explained the steal deal pricing.

Total Price = Rs 20,766

At this price, it feels like the deal of the year!
The deal for the R3 isn't far at Planet DSG These are super premium top of the line stuff!

-CE-certified (CAT II Level 2, KP) This page gives a very nice illustration of the CE ratings and terms.
(KP: Knuckle Protection)
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 19:34   #3685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
The deal for the R3 isn't far at Planet DSG These are super premium top of the line stuff!
From January till mid March, I had repeatedly scoured through every single website that was selling gloves in India and checked every store in Cochin as well. One of Planet DSGs retailers also confirmed to me that no new stock had come in for some time, due to the impact of Covid. Since I was left with no option, I had ordered the Alpinestars GP Pro R2.

And now a few days after my Alpinestars GP Pro R2 gloves landed, Planet DSG lists the improved R3 at a marginal hike over the landed price of my R2 gloves

Such is life!

Last edited by neil.jericho : 17th April 2021 at 19:37.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 10:55   #3686
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Royal Enfield sent out a promotional email to customers over the weekend, advertising a whole range of CE certified gloves. From a quick glance, I believe they have added a few more options that come with Knox protection. Do check them out as well.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 15:00   #3687
BHPian

Hi all!

After a lot of contemplation, I went ahead and bought the Rynox Stealth Evo 3 riding jacket. I has initially planned on ordering from Rynox themselves but they do not sell the jacket with the liners anymore. You have to buy them separately. The normal winter liner and the rain liner together cost ₹2100 (There is a winter jacket with a hoodie that comes in at ₹2000), which takes the price to ₹14,850(₹12,750 for the jacket alone).

I was able to find a older piece, which ships with the rain and winter liners, on Motocentral for ₹12,950. I believe that they still have stock and this is price that Rynox was selling them until now since the January stuck came in. Up until then it was ₹11,950.

I placed the on Saturday, and in spite of the lockdowns and other restrictions, Delhivery delivered it this morning.

The Jacket fits well and is quite comfortable. It has a total of 8 vents, 2 on the arms, 2 below the chest, 2 at the shoulders and 2 at the back. I took it out for a spin and it was nice and cool through out.

The Riding Gear thread-20210427_145041.jpg

I pulled out the rain liner, and cannot for the life of me figure out how to fold it back into its pouch. I've left it like so for now.

The Riding Gear thread-20210427_145656.jpg

The fastner for left vent below the chest is missing and I have claimed warranty for the same. I spoke to Rynox and they've been quite helpful.

This is fastener on the right.
The Riding Gear thread-20210427_145020.jpg

The fastener on the left is missing.
The Riding Gear thread-20210427_145032.jpg

There was a mess up on my part, where I cut through the tape a tad too much and ended up scoring the back of the jacket with my blade through the packaging. I have duct-taped it for now but I'm looking for tips on how to get it repaired. The person at Rynox was rather worried when I told him about this, but asked me to reply to their mail about the warranty asking for repair instructions.

The Riding Gear thread-20210427_144644.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-20210427_144635.jpg

I've googled a bit and found nothing so far and I'm still searching. If you guys could guide me, it would be immensely helpful.

Thanks a lot!
adwaith is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 23:34   #3688
BHPian

Just came across this thread, and am
Really sorry i am not that good with posting on the forum with detailed pics and minute intricracies for lack of time and mostly lack of IT know how, yes i am a noob at that! But to share my expirence save and spend your money once and get a dainese, nothing beats a dainese in terms of fit,finish and quality period.
Had i known this i would have stayed away from agv and revvit and icon lol and got dainese instead!
Shot of my riding jackets
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-1380b00ec3e54117ad8606a88ef63245.jpeg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 01:55   #3689
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, that is some collection. I am looking at one piece leather suit and was checking on Berik, any feedback on this brand. I will hardly be using it much as track days would be limited, as for my regular riding I am planning to get dainese leather pants.
Old 3rd May 2021, 00:32   #3690
BHPian

Has anyone tried the Zeus Voyager pants (https://zeusmotorcyclegear.com/produ...orcycle-pants/) ?
I searched this thread but there are no results.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks