Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2020, 23:22   #3541
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Congratulations! You seem to have picked up stuff from the LABS catalogue. Held is a good brand. Fellow bhp-ian Axe77 wears Held riding gears. As you're from Mumbai you can try and buy

But I see no mention of Riding pants/jeans. I would suggest to include that also in the hunt! Pillion can start with knee guards, LABS has some good options from Leatt protectors.

Happy riding,
/surjaonwheelz
Yes I did select from Labs website, thought I’ll shop everything from one place instead of hopping different places.

Will definitely look at riding pants now that you have mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Those are some awesome purchase decisions /choices you've made. Scorpion is a great brand and the price to quality / safety quotient is very high. Held is fantastic too. I use their gloves, jacket and pants.
Other than Held I’m considering Viaterra’s Munro jacket and Viaterra’s Gauntlet gloves. I did read some positive things about viaterra few post back. Plus point which I found was custom fit jacket and Sastec Level 2 protection at shoulder, back and elbow.

Quote:
If you are buying from LABS (that did indeed sound straight off the LABS catalog), do make it a point to consult with Vivek who mans the store. He provides excellent advise and never tries to push the wrong product just for the sake of a sale. I trust him COMPLETELY for right advise. And that's really important when making such purchases. etc.
I did meet him and did come across as you mentioned. For now I’ve decided on buying helmet and riding boots from LAB.

Quote:
I think once you're done with gear you'll probably want to consider other touring friendly stuff in the next phase. You might want to start listing some stuff based on your needs and the kind of touring you plan to do. Luggage solutions, phone mounts, bungee and similar if required, etc etc.
I’m looking forward for that. Hopefully biking gowns on me
GP19 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 10:03   #3542
BHPian

Hello Bhpians, I am in the process of upgrading from a 150 cc commuter bike to a 650cc sports tourer. Presently I just have an oversized Studds helmet and nothing else. Never considered riding gear was necessary and my commutes were mostly in the city. However, I am considering to start breakfast rides, touring on the upcoming bike. So I need help to choose the riding gear. I have been reading/ watching videos about riding gear and now want to shortlist which gives me a rough estimate about the expense. I do not want to end up spending everything on the bike and then compromise on safety. Hence this early planning about the riding gear. I am presently in Goa and there are no good stores which have a lot of options. So I need to either pick up whats available or order online.

This could be a fairly long post and I will try posting as much details as possible against each. Also the queries might seem noob to many and I would like to state that this is the first time I am purchasing all the gear and I am new to this genre.

(a) Helmet (Size : M) : -

Requirement :-

(i) Double D ring fasteners.
(ii) Low wind noise.
(iii) DOT, ECE certification. (SNELL certification is welcome but does not allow internal sun visor).
(iv) Internal Sun Visor (a good to have or else have to look for shades under the helmet or carrying double visor which I feel is not so practical).
(v) Good build quality and paddings.

Budget : - 6k-8k (Approx)

Shortlisted : -

(i) MT Revenge 3 SV (double D ring, internal sun visor, DOT & ECE certifications). However not sure about the wind noise. Also the older models of Thunder 3 SV have Double D rings. So there are few old models lying at selected stores. Found one which is 2019 make helmet. Rs 6250/-

Query 1: - Can anyone provide some information about wind noise? Also can we buy a one year old model which has been lying around in the display of the store? Apart from this old model Thunder 3 SV in the store, I could find one online too which I am sure is an old model.

Any other helmets which you all can suggest which meet my requirements?

(b) Riding Jacket : -

Requirements : -

(i) Mesh jacket.
(ii) Level 2 good quality armours for Shoulders, Arms, Back & Chest (KNOX, SAS-TEC).
(iii) CE certification.
(iv) External Rain coat (Good to have. Or else will buy an external rain liner)
(v) Good build quality.

Budget : - 8k (Approx)

(i) Solace Sabre Mesh jacket (Level 2 good quality armours for Shoulders, Arms, Back & Foam Chest protectors which are upgradable to level 1 at extra money, 1000D cordura material on shoulders and arms but has less mesh in the front. Has a pocket behind for water pouch also). However my size is not available on Solace store. Should scout for it. Price 8500/-

(ii) Rynox Tornado Pro 3 mesh jacket (Level 2 Knox armours for Shoulders and Arms, Level 2 Safetech foam armour for back, Chest pockets available but armour has to be bought separately which is not available presently online or in the store near my place. Good amount of mesh in the front. No water pouch and only 600D cordura material). Price 8350/-

Query 2: - How is Solace Sabre mesh jacket? Any users? Also I have read in the other forum that Solace has sold Sabre jacket with some other cheaper chinese armour and not Sas tec as mentioned in their website. Did anyone face such problems?

(c) Full Gauntlet Gloves : -

(i) Full Gauntlet.
(ii) Good quality with protection.

Budget : - 3k-4k (Approx)

(i) Aspida Ares Full Gauntlet (Decent protection but no sliders on arm etc). Price 3300/-

(ii) Viaterra Grid (Good protection with Knox sliders and pinky finger bridge etc but little expensive). Price 5000/-

(iii) Rynox Stealth (Good protection with similar specs as Viaterra grid sans Pinky finger bridge. Price 5000/-

Query 3: - Is the Viaterra grid worth the money? Somehow I feel viaterra products are expensive. Is the quality so good when compared to others that the amount is justified? I personally like the Viaterra Grid gloves but the price is making me think twice. Is there any other gloves which fit the bill?

(d) Riding Pant :-

(i) Ventilation.

(ii) Good protection preferably Level 2 good quality armours at knee, hip.

Budget : - 8k (Approx)

(i) Solace Cool pro Mesh Pant (Level 2 Sas-Tec armours for Knee, Shin & Level 2 Visco Elastic hip protectors). Will buy this if I select the Solace Sabre Jacket. Price 8150/-

(ii) Rynox Advento Pant (Level 1 Knox armours for Knee, Shin and Hip instead of Level 2 of the Solace). Price 7850/-

(e) Riding Boots :-

(i) Good Protection for ankle, toe.
(ii) Water resistant.

Budget :- 9k (Approx)

(i) Ryo Raptor from Spartanprogear (I know its a compromise but may be will upgrade to better ones later). Price 10000/-

Query 4: - I am presently in Goa and there are no stores which stock Solace gears. However they are ready to procure it on order and then I will not have any option to back off if I did not like them. I tried out Rynox jackets and they felt good and comfortable. However I have a query regarding fitting. The jacket feels extremely snug fit and tight with the internal winter liner and rain liner on. So can we bump up the size and take the next one? With out the rain and winter liner, the jacket feels good fit. I am sure the winter liner will be used very occasionally. The down side bumping up the size is that the armours tend to move around a lot which even after adjusting the straps.

I am sorry to bombard with so many queries. Thank you.

Ani
Ani0404 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 14:56   #3543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani0404 View Post
Also the queries might seem noob to many and I would like to state that this is the first time I am purchasing all the gear and I am new to this genre.

Query 1: - Can anyone provide some information about wind noise? Also can we buy a one year old model which has been lying around in the display of the store? Apart from this old model Thunder 3 SV in the store, I could find one online too which I am sure is an old model.

Any other helmets which you all can suggest which meet my requirements?

Query 2: - How is Solace Sabre mesh jacket? Any users? Also I have read in the other forum that Solace has sold Sabre jacket with some other cheaper chinese armour and not Sas tec as mentioned in their website. Did anyone face such problems?

Query 3: - Is the Viaterra grid worth the money? Somehow I feel viaterra products are expensive. Is the quality so good when compared to others that the amount is justified? I personally like the Viaterra Grid gloves but the price is making me think twice. Is there any other gloves which fit the bill?

Query 4: - I am presently in Goa and there are no stores which stock Solace gears. However they are ready to procure it on order and then I will not have any option to back off if I did not like them. I tried out Rynox jackets and they felt good and comfortable. However I have a query regarding fitting. The jacket feels extremely snug fit and tight with the internal winter liner and rain liner on. So can we bump up the size and take the next one? With out the rain and winter liner, the jacket feels good fit. I am sure the winter liner will be used very occasionally. The down side bumping up the size is that the armours tend to move around a lot which even after adjusting the straps.

I am sorry to bombard with so many queries. Thank you.

Ani
Hi Anil,

Everyone started with this process and it were their first time at some point of time!

I would try to be objective but some response might confuse you, so you can ignore them for the time being.

Response 1:
Start using ear plugs. Very basic step is using cotton in your ears then foam type earplugs. Wind noise is very subjective and it's a by product of the vents, which are good to keep certain parts of your head cooler inside the helmet. A well ventilated helmet will have some wind noise.
These helmets are good for 4 to 5 years of usage, again a lot depends on the usage pattern and the care you take. The liners show wear and the foam gets softer in due course of time. 1 year of shelf life is fine but newer is always better.
MT helmets are consistently available in India for 5+ years now many other brands have come and gone. With the supply chain interruption due to the pandemic, imported brands like HJC, Scorpion Exo have very low stock in the market. Hence can't be recommended.

Response 2:
Solace is good and has nice features. Few pages earlier someone had the same dilemma between the two, Solace & Rynox. Go for the same brand for the jacket and the pant as it couples well. Larger panels of mesh can have reverse effect of dehydration with cooling. Point is you need air flowing through the jacket at required places only. Even a mesh jacket feels hot at standstill.

Response 3:
I'll leave this to VT Grid glove owners but as per reviews it's worth the price. Eventually I use my medium gauntlet gloves more than my full gauntlet gloves and you can go for a secondary glove later with leather palm and textile/perforated leather top. Goa is hot!

Response 4:
You've answered your own question. Try to sit on your '650cc sports tourer' bike and check the jacket & pant fit and armour positions. (Till then don't remove the tags). Every online seller has a return policy, connect with them before ordering. Both the jacket and pant should be comfortably snug! As these are textile (mesh) they won't expand.

Happy shopping,
/surjaonwheelz

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 30th October 2020 at 15:01.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 23:07   #3544
BHPian

Some progress with my riding gear purchase. I’m left with knee guard (City ride) and Riding pants (Long Distance).

ViaTerra Munro Jacket

The Riding Gear thread-85f8c326fe2a46ca8fc1c06bc37645f3.jpeg

ViaTerra Full Gauntlet Leather Gloves

The Riding Gear thread-57cb3555fb444c8984ef4eb922952bef.jpeg

Scorpion Exo 490

The Riding Gear thread-7a34fef2444b450a9c36f3c19cf5dfb4.jpeg

Gaerne G-NY Riding boots

The Riding Gear thread-767961370f634bca8ea01a735d806790.jpeg
GP19 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 13:22   #3545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
(i) MT Revenge 3 SV (double D ring, internal sun visor, DOT & ECE certifications). However not sure about the wind noise. Also the older models of Thunder 3 SV have Double D rings. So there are few old models lying at selected stores. Found one which is 2019 make helmet. Rs 6250/-

surjaonwheelz's suggestion of using ear plugs is perfect. Dont worry too much about wind noise.

Also are you sure it is only one year old? Check the sticker on the helmet if there are any details on when it was imported etc. If you know the fitment and size for a particular model, reach out to the main company importing the helmet (Spartan Pro Gear in Madras) and ask them if they have latest stock in the same model. If yes, go for that instead.

Or if you only this year old helmet is available, then negotiate a discount on the price. After all, one year out of the effective say 5 / 6 year life of the helmet is already gone. If the dealer is smart, he will work with you on the price to move the stock off his shelves. I picked up an AGV K3SV like this a few years ago.

Quote:
It is a good jacket. I havent seen the updates on the armour over on the other forum but if it you have a doubt, reach out to the company and see their response.

Quote:
Yes, the Grid is a very good piece of kit. I met a couple of riders who have been using it and they are very happy.

Quote:
(i) Ryo Raptor from Spartanprogear (I know its a compromise but may be will upgrade to better ones later). Price 10000/-
This is probably the only less than perfect option in your list but to be frank, there arent too many options in the price range. Maybe increase your budget a bit and try to get something from TCX instead?

Quote:
I would avoid Solace if they are not willing to take returns. I was looking for a new riding jacket last year, and I must have tried at least 12 - 15 different ones from A*, Rynox, Solace, Revvit and many more brands, in my size, and finally found one that fit me well from Rynox. Please dont just go by tape measurement and pray that the jacket you ordered online fits you. Since you were able to try out Rynox, close your eyes and go for it instead.

On the liners, will you really use them if you are riding in Goa? I would say go for whichever size fits you best for most of / all of your riding. If you are only going to be wearing your liner(s) for say less than 1% of your annual riding, stick to the snug fit and tough out the few hours that you will ride with your liners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP19 View Post
Some progress with my riding gear purchase. I’m left with knee guard (City ride) and Riding pants (Long Distance).

ViaTerra Munro Jacket
GP19, how was your shopping experience with the Munro jacket? Did you have to send it back a second time? Or was it perfect right out of the box?
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 15:50   #3546
BHPian

The scratch must take care of the itch which initiated it.
It's been some time since I posted my noob queries. Thank you @neil.jericho, @Sheel, @Axe77, @Red Liner, anyone else I'm forgetting, and specially @Athek for indulging me. It can be a bit daunting starting a new hobby with as much information out there as it is today.

I wanted to have enough time spent with the gear I bought to post somewhat legible feedback and my thoughts. So here goes.

After reading up, researching, asking around for about a week non-stop, I made a short-list of requirements for the gear, type, and its attributes that it must have, and went out about town for trials. I was limited in my selection by supply constraints due to COVID, and my being in Delhi which doesn't have the best gear offering in the country. In contrast, picking up my bike was much easier. But more on that later.

Most helpful online resources: Ryan F9 or Fortnine on YouTube; Yammie Noob on YouTube, and of course team-bhp.com

Stores visited:
High Note Performance: Rev'it, Airoh, Bell etc.
Pathpavers.in: Klim, AGV, Dainese etc.
Riderz Planet: Clover, Alpinestars, Scorpion etc.
Motomadness: Alpinestars etc.

Several common things stood out: many things weren't available in size and many were outright out of stock with no real timeline on back availability; each store offered different guidance on protective gear, they were helpful but limited by knowledge and every store except Motomadness was bad-mouthing Alpinestars

Helmet: Airoh GP550s; HighNotePerformance.
The Riding Gear thread-img_2131.jpeg
Italians and their fiddly-ness

One of the two that fit me well, it looks great, is a bright colour, light enough but I wish I could've test-ridden it. I wouldn't have bought it.
Everything is just a little awkward. From the visor release mechanism, the vents, to the chin-"guard", and the nose attachment. The visor was fogging up right from first breath in-store itself so they said they'd install the pin-lock thing. Which took them 25 minutes to do. And they installed it with the silicone side outwards. I corrected this when I changed the visor to the dark one. LOL. Side note: why wont the visors have that anti-fog treatment from factory itself? Baffling.
They also didn't have a mf cloth so were using tissues to wipe the visor every time. Yikes.
But these were issues I noted before buying and still bought it.
After using it for about 1500kms so far, it's fairly loud, the air vents let in fine debris (!), and the visor doesn't sit flush on the extreme ends on both sides at the same time. Which reminds me of the Hera Pheri scene when Khadak Singh with his battalion is trying to get in the car and one guy keeps falling out from either end.
My first choice was the Scorpion EXO1400 Carbon Air, though the day I went to buy it, which was just two days after I'd tried it for the first time, both pieces had sold out. I'd probably still buy it and sell this one. The Scorpion fit better, is probably safer with a full ARAMID shell, has a drop-down visor, has the inflatable pump thing which really gets the fit bang on, the vents are nowhere near my eyes so even if they let in fine debris it won't bother me, and is 200gms lighter than the Airoh. Damn.

Jacket: Clover Ventouring 2; Riderz Planet
The Riding Gear thread-151202175320_1780ventouring2airbag4jacketsin1.jpg
Italians and their fit!
Source: clover.it
Beautiful jacket. Fits really well. Comes with L2 protectors on elbow and shoulder and has excellent ventilation. I was comfortable with the ventilation even at 40 kmph. Also comes with a rain liner that can be carried in its back pocket and can be worn over the jacket. Three waterproof pockets on the jacket. Very happy with this. Can wear it every day without any issue. After using it for a while now though, it isn't the highest quality jacket out there. Some threads are coming out here and there, and the white gets really dirty really fast. I would've picked up the Klim Induction I liked but my size wasn't available.
I'm eyeing the Rev'it Blake Air now. This is a costly hobby and it's got me hooked for now. Ugh.

Jeans: Rev'it Seattle TF
Oh what a great product. More abrasion resistant than leather (so they claim and I'd rather not find out for myself), they run cool, fit amazing, feel like they're really high quality, and I've been told they're my best fitting jeans so that's a plus. Can wear them all day every day. The hip protectors were out of stock and they're not in as yet. Also ordered the belt to tie with the jacket. Side note: all Rev'it stuff feels like it's exceptionally well made. They're Dutch so that doesn't surprise me.

Gloves: Clover RSC-3
The Riding Gear thread-gloves.jpg

Everything excellent about them including protection and ventilation. Fit well, look great, goat skin on the inside, cow hide on the outside, Carbon knuckle protectors, scaphoid slider in leather and what feels like rubber patches on the base of palm.
The only issue I have with them is the inner stitching kind of hurts at the top part of my right thumb (the part that you type with on your phone) after a while. This was not apparent in store, and could be felt only while riding. I’ll try and add just a tiny bit of foam to see if it helps. It should.

Boots: Alpinestars SMX6
The Riding Gear thread-img_2115.jpeg

Literally the only choice I had with a full length requirement which was non-black.
Y’all know about this already. Very surprising to me, but they were instantly comfortable. I was in them for about 6 hours yesterday, maybe 7. And didn’t feel like I had to take them off when I got home.
Then I saw the manufacturing date on them. 2016. Not sure if this will be an issue. Let me know if you think so.
Also noticed: the left toe slider is coming off slightly. Weird. What's the best way to get it to, er.. stick?

AirPods Pro
Fantastic noise cancellation for riding which lets me keep the music volume low-ish. Can change between noise cancellation and transparency mode on the fly, they sound decent, Siri works under 50 or so kmph, and with auto-answer calls option they're a great solution. Combined with the Apple Watch they're pretty useful on rides.

TPH Cover Pilot in Steel Grey with volt highlights
The Riding Gear thread-img_2493.jpeg

The Riding Gear thread-img_2494.jpeg
The bike needs protection too
Excellent cover. Fits well, a little too well tbh, is a bit stretchy, soft on the inside, and keeps dust and some rain at bay.

I refuse to get on my bike, for however short a ride, without all my gear. I feel unsafe, almost naked without it. I think that's good. Being scared has its perks sometimes.

That's all for now. Hoping to ride a lot more in the coming weeks and months. If anyone can point me towards a few beginner friendly riding groups in and around Delhi that'd be great.

Thanks for reading. Happy Diwali!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post

Last edited by ach1lles : 11th November 2020 at 15:55.
ach1lles is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 17:14   #3547
BHPian

Quote:
GP19, how was your shopping experience with the Munro jacket? Did you have to send it back a second time? Or was it perfect right out of the box?
Actually I personally visited the workshop as I wanted the jacket before 12th. They have two type of jackets, Type 1 ( Straight fit ) Type 2 ( Tapered Fit ), for all the S,M,L sizes. Once you give your measurements based on that they send their sample jacket.

The current fit is perfect. It is just that in cold environment the sastec armour becomes stiff and the jacket becomes tad bit less snug.
GP19 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 12:17   #3548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
Helmet: Airoh GP550s; HighNotePerformance.
Attachment 2079173
Italians and their fiddly-ness

One of the two that fit me well, it looks great, is a bright colour, light enough but I wish I could've test-ridden it. I wouldn't have bought it.
Everything is just a little awkward. From the visor release mechanism, the vents, to the chin-"guard", and the nose attachment. The visor was fogging up right from first breath in-store itself so they said they'd install the pin-lock thing. Which took them 25 minutes to do. And they installed it with the silicone side outwards. I corrected this when I changed the visor to the dark one. LOL. Side note: why wont the visors have that anti-fog treatment from factory itself? Baffling.
They also didn't have a mf cloth so were using tissues to wipe the visor every time. Yikes.
But these were issues I noted before buying and still bought it.
After using it for about 1500kms so far, it's fairly loud, the air vents let in fine debris (!), and the visor doesn't sit flush on the extreme ends on both sides at the same time. Which reminds me of the Hera Pheri scene when Khadak Singh with his battalion is trying to get in the car and one guy keeps falling out from either end.
That was quite some shopping! Your experience with High Note is eye opening, I would have expected them to know how to put in a pin lock visor correctly. Its a basic thing for someone in the helmet business. Some helmets have anti fog coating on them right out of the box, like my Shark Race R Pro.

The GP550 being loud is not surprising, its a race helmet after all and is designed to let in maximum air flow. The fidgety parts feedback echoes what man_of_steel also felt with his helmet. The fine debris part is something that I am hearing of for the first time, do you know from which vents it might be coming in?

If your visor doesnt sit flush, there is something wrong with how it has been fitted in and given the fidgety nature of the GP550 visor mounts, this needs to be double checked. Do head back to the store and ask them to remove it and fit it back for you, ensuring that it is flush.

Quote:
After using it for a while now though, it isn't the highest quality jacket out there. Some threads are coming out here and there, and the white gets really dirty really fast.
This should not be the case for such a new jacket. Please get this exchanged.

Quote:
Literally the only choice I had with a full length requirement which was non-black.
Y’all know about this already. Very surprising to me, but they were instantly comfortable. I was in them for about 6 hours yesterday, maybe 7. And didn’t feel like I had to take them off when I got home.
Then I saw the manufacturing date on them. 2016. Not sure if this will be an issue. Let me know if you think so.
That should be fine. These A* boots take years of usage without any problems.

Quote:
I refuse to get on my bike, for however short a ride, without all my gear. I feel unsafe, almost naked without it. I think that's good. Being scared has its perks sometimes.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 12:46   #3549
Distinguished - BHPian

Buying a 2016 boot at almost full price is not on. And they weren’t upfront about it. High note performance are a bunch of thugs. Most of us in the fraternity hate dealing with those rogues.
Red Liner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 15:16   #3550
BHPian

Quote:
The current fit is perfect. It is just that in cold environment the sastec armour becomes stiff and the jacket becomes tad bit less snug.
This is a bit intriguing, the armours become stiff and reduce in size to make the jacket less snug?

Well I've never heard or read of such a phenomenon! Can you please elaborate. How was the workshop experience, any insights to share on their product development process?

/surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 17:27   #3551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is a bit intriguing, the armours become stiff and reduce in size to make the jacket less snug?

Well I've never heard or read of such a phenomenon! Can you please elaborate. How was the workshop experience, any insights to share on their product development process?

/surjaonwheelz
Its common for all soft armour to behave this way in cold conditions. Some armour become stiffer than others. Forcefield probably reacts less stiffer to cold but all do. Once you wear them and generate body heat, they go back to becoming pliable. Its a molecular property.

There have been cases in colder countries where the armour just broke into two during winter. It was that stiff.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 18:24   #3552
BHPian

Quote:
Its common for all soft armour to behave this way in cold conditions. Some armour become stiffer than others. Its a molecular property.

There have been cases in colder countries where the armour just broke into two during winter. It was that stiff.
In Pune climate, with Knox, Sastec, never observed this. I'll keep the new Safe Tech under observation now that the temperatures have dipped a bit here. The T+ and T- markings on them gives some assurance?

D3O mentions, "They are CE certified to level 1 across ambient, wet and cold conditions."

/surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 18:53   #3553
BHPian

Quote:
This is a bit intriguing, the armours become stiff and reduce in size to make the jacket less snug? Well I've never heard or read of such a phenomenon! Can you please elaborate.
As Red liner explained, It is more prominent for back armour as rest of the armours can be adjusted by straps. The back armour starts to lift off from body if there isn’t much heat.

Quote:
Its common for all soft armour to behave this way in cold conditions.

Quote:
How was the workshop experience, any insights to share on their product development process?

/surjaonwheelz
My experience was great. This was first time I was buying a riding jacket, the manager ( Alex ) explained me the whole process on how they design the jacket ( As mentioned in the website video ), he did mention that people who come there are mostly riders and not first time buyers.

I went there and tried Size S and M. Out of that size M Type 2 was a proper fit for me. Unfortunately they don’t make jackets for women yet but eventually they will venture. I did make my wife try a jacket but Alex wasn’t happy with the fitting and decided against it.

Attaching some pictures during trial

The Riding Gear thread-42119c3bf22c493684748663d8f88198.jpeg

The Riding Gear thread-090451f906bd4ba79ff8e3014e990999.jpeg

The Riding Gear thread-497ed33217b64dc5822e8f90c1f25bec.jpeg

The Riding Gear thread-9291a06255624ca2b0b9875eafe6cd31.jpeg

The Riding Gear thread-1009d6128c7d4f9fb4656728e9ae7925.jpeg
GP19 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 11:32   #3554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I went there and tried Size S and M. Out of that size M Type 2 was a proper fit for me. Unfortunately they don’t make jackets for women yet but eventually they will venture. I did make my wife try a jacket but Alex wasn’t happy with the fitting and decided against it.
Thanks for sharing, this is really helpful information. Im curious about the first two pictures though, is the first one of you with the small size and the second one of the medium size?
Old 13th November 2020, 13:48   #3555
BHPian

Quote:
That was quite some shopping! Your experience with High Note is eye opening, I would have expected them to know how to put in a pin lock visor correctly. Its a basic thing for someone in the helmet business.
What I expected too, specially since they said they'd sold more than a few of those GP550s within that week itself. First they were trying to fit it while the visor was on the helmet, which they couldn't for 15 minutes, so they removed the visor, and took another 5 or so to insert the pin-lock, and another 5-7 to re-attach the visor

Quote:
The fine debris part is something that I am hearing of for the first time, do you know from which vents it might be coming in?
The eyebrow vents and probably the chin. I closed them and it made the situation a bit better but I'm guessing it's also because the visor isn't properly flush from the sides. It is a bit of a personal quirk too, because I'm highly sensitive to dust, and even riding a bicycle without some eyewear makes my eyes water.

Quote:
If your visor doesnt sit flush, there is something wrong with how it has been fitted in and given the fidgety nature of the GP550 visor mounts, this needs to be double checked. Do head back to the store and ask them to remove it and fit it back for you, ensuring that it is flush.
Once you read the manual, the visor mounts aren't that complicated. They're still fidgety, but the locks can be verified by moving, and opening and closing the visor. Mounts aren't the issue. Let me try with the clear visor again and see what's what.
Plus I doubt the guys at HNP can be any more helpful.

Quote:
This should not be the case for such a new jacket. Please get this exchanged.
The few threads aren't concerning yet, but I'll keep an eye out for them.

Quote:
That should be fine. These A* boots take years of usage without any problems.
Thanks. What about the slider though?

Quote:
Buying a 2016 boot at almost full price is not on
Boots are from Riderz Planet, forgot to mention in my post. They did discount it a bit though, but only because at the time of billing I showed them that 15% discount was mentioned on their website.

I found out the 2016 tag later. Yeah, it was improper of them to not mention this fact.
ach1lles is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks