Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2011, 18:35   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
I'm specifically looking for light weight (water tight - obviously), two piece (pant and jacket) kind of rain coat.
Try contacting Bachoo Motors and Performance Racing Store (both are in Mumbai)

I know for sure Zulfi from Bachoo Motors has a 2 piece rain suit and it doesn't cost much too.

I've bought some gear from both parties and have had positive experiences so i'd recommend them anyday.

Last edited by n_aditya : 19th April 2011 at 18:38.
Old 19th April 2011, 19:01   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Sunnyboi, how much did the joe rocket cost you? Specs, model details?
Joe Rocket Blaster 4.0 Leather Jacket, cost me ~12K including intl shipping and customs.
Old 20th April 2011, 20:23   #543
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Folks, its raining cats and dogs in Bangalore and I had a quick question for you. What rain gear do you own? I'm specifically looking for light weight (water tight - obviously), two piece (pant and jacket) kind of rain coat. I'm aware of Duckback. But the problem is that it is too bulky and storage is a problem. I've seen a bright yellow rain coat that my friend had brought with him from abroad. it was extremely light and could be folded into a really tiny packet. I've searched a lot of places online and was not able to find something like that. It looked like nylon but was obviously something more water tight. Suggestions please!
I had a brand new green one stolen from my Omni taxi (damn those sliding windows!!) in Bangalore years ago
I'm pretty sure what you are talking about was the Eddie Bauer Sac Jac. Now replaced by the Rip Pac jacket. Folds into a pocket. Available here: RipPacĀ® Jacket | Eddie Bauer

Cheers.
Old 21st April 2011, 08:48   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
I had a brand new green one stolen from my Omni taxi (damn those sliding windows!!) in Bangalore years ago
I'm pretty sure what you are talking about was the Eddie Bauer Sac Jac. Now replaced by the Rip Pac jacket. Folds into a pocket. Available here: RipPacĀ® Jacket | Eddie Bauer

Cheers.
Thanks gthang. Now all I need to do is find a similar water proof pant!
Old 22nd April 2011, 16:04   #545
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Try the Fox Armour which retails for some 3k odd bucks (elbow+knee)and is available at Orion Motors (Yamaha Dealer). It is genuine and the quality looks great too.

Go for DSG Motomesh, costs INR 850 and is VFM.

P.S. Ask for Manju in Orion and speak to him. You could refer my name for a discount if required
Grabbed the pair of Motomesh. Paid 850 for it. ventilation is pretty decent and good for daily runs. Thanks man.
Am planning to get a DSG textile riding jackets today. Could you suggest which one would be better among Maze, Nero and Phoenix. The maze is priced at 6k and the other two at 5.5. Looks like Maze is a bit better, goiung by the description and price difference. Please comment.

I would try if your referral helps me knock a couple of hundreds from the price.

an yeah, those SPIDI vertigos looks neat man!

rev hard, ride safe. Hail trance.

Abhi
Old 25th April 2011, 10:45   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
Could you suggest which one would be better among Maze, Nero and Phoenix.
Hi Abhi,

I'm not aware of the features of the Maze but the Nero is quite popular. You might want to try the RJay's range which is available at Bachoo motors.

My boots are Sidi's not Spidi's, both brands are entirely different

Sorry for the late reply. Hope you managed to source a jacket of your choice.
Old 5th May 2011, 00:22   #547
BHPian

This is what I use while riding:

1. Daijiya Tribal-Red helmet
2. DSG Maze Titanium Gray Jacket
3. Cramster MX3 riding gloves (replaced my DSG golves with these ones and trust me these are so much better)
4. Balaclava (only during the chilling winter rides)

Next on the shopping list are a pair of good riding boots and a riding pant with knee sliders !!
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-frontprof.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_0169.jpg  

Old 5th May 2011, 07:41   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I'm not aware of the features of the Maze but the Nero is quite popular. You might want to try the RJay's range which is available at Bachoo motors.
i got the DSG Nero and like it too, except for the heating issue. stay long enough at a signal and you'll be drenched in sweat.

anybody know a way around this? i keep the vents open, but i guess they don't come into play at slower speeds.
Old 5th May 2011, 15:39   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i got the DSG Nero and like it too, except for the heating issue. stay long enough at a signal and you'll be drenched in sweat.

anybody know a way around this? i keep the vents open, but i guess they don't come into play at slower speeds.
I'm planning on getting the Nero - isnt the heat tolerable after removing the inner warm lining? This is what DSG recommends in summer for the Nero.

Also, have you found the jacket to be durable? My DSG Moto Mesh gloves have a large tear under the thumb in the inner palm area within 4 months of use.
Old 5th May 2011, 16:54   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman360 View Post
I'm planning on getting the Nero - isnt the heat tolerable after removing the inner warm lining? This is what DSG recommends in summer for the Nero.

Also, have you found the jacket to be durable? My DSG Moto Mesh gloves have a large tear under the thumb in the inner palm area within 4 months of use.
heat is not the problem (it is bearable even on a 180sec signal on a hot day), sweat is. imagine entering the office completely drenched in sweat! and this is after removing the detachable lining and keeping all six vents open.

the jacket takes a bit of getting used to. the first time you wear it if feels like a you're wearing a football (American) uniform, with the shoulder pads and all!
i didn't find anything wrong with the quality. pretty solid build. i feel safe in it

PS: i got the Cramster MX3 and its been 4+ months and no issues thus far.
Old 5th May 2011, 17:01   #551
BHPian

Quote:
heat is not the problem (it is bearable even on a 180sec signal on a hot day), sweat is. imagine entering the office completely drenched in sweat! and this is after removing the detachable lining and keeping all six vents open.

the jacket takes a bit of getting used to. the first time you wear it if feels like a you're wearing a football (American) uniform, with the shoulder pads and all!
i didn't find anything wrong with the quality. pretty solid build. i feel safe in it

PS: i got the Cramster MX3 and its been 4+ months and no issues thus far.
Thanks. I did try on the Nero in a shop once, and it felt very secure(with all the heavy padding), commando like! Quality was top notch.
Trying to imagine what it'll be wearing it over the formals i wear for work

Since Hyderabad has a dry climate, sweat shouldnt be much of a problem for me.
Old 5th May 2011, 17:52   #552
BHPian

IIRC, DSG Maze is more suited in hot conditions and places that have high humidity. I guess I will go for that soon.
Old 6th May 2011, 11:16   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Have you removed the inner warm liner?

Unless its a ventilated mesh jacket, you will feel hot. I ride without the warm liner in my cramster raptor jacket and still get soaked in sweat during my rides.

But then mesh jackets don't provide any significant abrasion resistance.
Old 6th May 2011, 11:51   #554
Senior - BHPian

i've removed the warm liner inside and still sweat a lot. with the warm liner, i'll get cooked
Old 6th May 2011, 13:42   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Joe Rocket Blaster 4.0 Leather Jacket, cost me ~12K including intl shipping and customs.
Any reviews post use - since its summer? It looks like a brilliant jacket...does make sense to buy this over a 9k Rjay's.

Most Viewed