Old 13th October 2011, 11:12   #691
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Sidi Vertigo boots are home

A pic off the net
Jay,
Needless to say these boots are really very good, would you mind sharing the link else do share the features of these boots. 15K seems to be really good for these boots. Are they waterproof as well?
Old 13th October 2011, 11:18   #692
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Jay,
Needless to say these boots are really very good, would you mind sharing the link else do share the features of these boots. 15K seems to be really good for these boots. Are they waterproof as well?
Here's a linky to the features and a brief review

SIDI Vertigo Boots Black from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Search for a seller mlshopde on ebay. Being a repeat customer he gave me a good deal and thats how I got them slightly cheaper. Since the riding season is ending now in Germany, he does not have much stock though.
JVH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 17:08   #693
Senior - BHPian

Guys, want some suggestions on a good pair of water-proof riding pants with some protection. I'd say the protection is not paramount but water-proofing is since I am planning to get some shin and knee protectors too. Can you suggest a combination of these? I am planning to get them from the US so I will ask this friend to purchase it from some motorcycle gear site for a good discount. Please don't suggest just a raincoat pants since I am buying knee guards!
Old 14th October 2011, 10:58   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Sidi Vertigo boots are home
Congrats. Sounds like you got a good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Are they waterproof as well?
These are the exact same boots which i have. They are not waterproof. The air vent on the sides do an excellent job of feeding in air to the feet and are a blessing in summers. But on a rainy ride, even with the vents closed, water does seep into the boots since the lining is not water resistant. The boots are breathable so water will enter the boots.

If one must use these boots in the rains, my suggestion is to not tuck the pants inside the boots. Although they will still get wet, they will be relatively drier compared to fully soaked boots when the pants are tucked in. This is from my experience.
Old 14th October 2011, 11:51   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
These are the exact same boots which i have.
Wow Aditya you read my mind, was about to pop up the same question to Jay to check if its the same boots that you have. Will put this on my wish list
Old 14th October 2011, 13:13   #696
BHPian

Hi Guys.Need your suggestions here.I'm looking for riding boots on the lines of A-star and Sidi but much much cheaper say INR 5k max.Do you get proper boots in that range here in India???
One of my friend will be travelling to Singapore tomorrow.Will i get boots there in my price range???If not S'pore,another friend of mine will be coming down from the US next month.I can ask him to look for it provided you guys help me out with the brand and the price!!

Thank you.
Old 14th October 2011, 16:09   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Hi Guys.Need your suggestions here.I'm looking for riding boots on the lines of A-star and Sidi but much much cheaper say INR 5k max.Do you get proper boots in that range here in India???
One of my friend will be travelling to Singapore tomorrow.Will i get boots there in my price range???If not S'pore,another friend of mine will be coming down from the US next month.I can ask him to look for it provided you guys help me out with the brand and the price!!

Thank you.
Hi there,

You can check with your friend coming down from the US if he can pick a pair for you. You can get some decent deals on the US websites, you can use the one below for reference. I have ordered most of my stuff from them and no complaints yet.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...0-0-0-24-3-1-0

Below are some cheap but decent boots/shoes within your budget. If you stretch your budget a bit you can get some good branded stuff for a low price (close-out items), trust me it would be worth investing.

I have had a pair of FUEL by Shift Racing (Cost now - 80$) and they are pretty decent is not as good as the ones above. However, since you are on a tight budget you might want to consider these. They serve the purpose well and can be pretty much carried off as sneakers on denims & Tees if you plan to wear them along casually.

Shift Racing Fuel Street Shoes - Street Bike - Closeout - Motorcycle Superstore

One more pair which you might want to consider :- Shift Racing Kicker Shoes - Street Bike - Closeout - Motorcycle Superstore

PS:- The small rubber bits on my shoes started coming off after 6 months, hence the Kicker might be a better option.

Last edited by mantrig : 14th October 2011 at 16:20.
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2011, 16:30   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Hi there,

You can check with your friend coming down from the US if he can pick a pair for you. You can get some decent deals on the US websites, you can use the one below for reference. I have ordered most of my stuff from them and no complaints yet.

Street Bike Boots Men's Riding Gear - Motorcycle Superstore

Below are some cheap but decent boots/shoes within your budget. If you stretch your budget a bit you can get some good branded stuff for a low price (close-out items), trust me it would be worth investing.

I have had a pair of FUEL by Shift Racing (Cost now - 80$) and they are pretty decent is not as good as the ones above. However, since you are on a tight budget you might want to consider these. They serve the purpose well and can be pretty much carried off as sneakers on denims & Tees if you plan to wear them along casually.

One more pair which you might want to consider :- Shift Racing Kicker Shoes - Street Bike - Closeout - Motorcycle Superstore

PS:- The small rubber bits on my shoes started coming off after 6 months, hence the Kicker might be a better option.
Can you post the pic of "Fuel" Street shoes which you have.
Old 14th October 2011, 18:58   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Can you post the pic of "Fuel" Street shoes which you have.
Mine are currently being used by my cousin brother as I switched to woodlands all weather (Ankle Length) for my regular as well as highway rides. That's the reason I stated above - I have had these shoes.

Will ask him to click a couple of pics and share them. I stopped using them as I used to find them to hot for my summer rides and somehow found regular Woodlands to be pretty comfortable and breathable.

PS:- Tried looking if I can come across an image of the boot and came across this like of someone riding with a proper footwear/gear.

Please do not see in front of kids or women, someone might end up throwing up.
street shoes/boots - Page 3 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum
Old 14th October 2011, 21:01   #700
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you.
If you can extend your budget to about 150$ then you can get decent entry level boots like Cortech Latigo Air Road Race boots or the Teknic Chicane boots

Cortech Latigo Air Road Race Boots - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

TEKNIC Chicane Boots 2011 Model Black from SportbikeTrackGear.com

The reviews are quite favourable for both.
Old 15th October 2011, 21:16   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
If you can extend your budget to about 150$ then you can get decent entry level boots like Cortech Latigo Air Road Race boots or the Teknic Chicane boots

Cortech Latigo Air Road Race Boots - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

TEKNIC Chicane Boots 2011 Model Black from SportbikeTrackGear.com

The reviews are quite favourable for both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Hi there,

Street Bike Boots Men's Riding Gear - Motorcycle Superstore

I guess the Cortech Latigo Air Road Race Boots looks good at $144 and worth increasing my budget!!!
Any idea how reliable are the online transactions on Motorcycle Superstore???
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2011, 22:06   #702
BHPian

Quote:
I guess the Cortech Latigo Air Road Race Boots looks good at $144 and worth increasing my budget!!!
Any idea how reliable are the online transactions on Motorcycle Superstore???
Motorcycle Superstore is a renowned and trusted online store. However check for sizing and availability with them before you place an order. I might pick up the same boots in Jan, if not the Axo Primato.
Motormania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2011, 23:49   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Guys, want some suggestions on a good pair of water-proof riding pants with some protection. I'd say the protection is not paramount but water-proofing is since I am planning to get some shin and knee protectors too. Can you suggest a combination of these? I am planning to get them from the US so I will ask this friend to purchase it from some motorcycle gear site for a good discount. Please don't suggest just a raincoat pants since I am buying knee guards!
Why don't you check the Cramster store here in Bangalore??They have riding pants and knee guards which are quite good and reasonable.
Check the links for bionic knee protectors and riding pants-
Cramster® - India's Favourite Riding Gear and Motorcycle Luggage: Saddlebags Tankbags Jackets Gloves for Touring Racing Motocross on Royal Enfield Pulsar Bajaj Karizma
Cramster® - India's Favourite Riding Gear and Motorcycle Luggage: Saddlebags Tankbags Jackets Gloves for Touring Racing Motocross on Royal Enfield Pulsar Bajaj Karizma
However if you don't mind paying a premium then there's always A-star which is the best!!!!
Old 17th October 2011, 13:14   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why don't you check the Cramster store here in Bangalore??They have riding pants and knee guards which are quite good and reasonable.
However if you don't mind paying a premium then there's always A-star which is the best!!!!
Thanks but aware of Cramster and don't want to buy from there. Moreover, I know their riding pants are not even water resistant.
Old 17th October 2011, 13:32   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Thanks but aware of Cramster and don't want to buy from there. Moreover, I know their riding pants are not even water resistant.
Our mod n_aditya has experienced Cramster first hand. Seems that their quality has gone down with the jackets and pants. Their saddle bags are good and their balaclava is worth the money paid. For the rest, you have DSG, A-Star, Rjays etc!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks