Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2014, 11:37   #1861
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Anyone looked at the options at the Dainese store in bangalore? How are the products/prices? I know the brand but not sure what's available , not had a chance to check it out.
Sammyboy!! They are terribly short of stocks now. Their consignment has been stuck with customs for months it seems. So you may have to pick from whatever stock they have. This information is as of Last Friday. I'd be going to Tusker tomorrow. Will ask them if stocks have arrived/cleared/updated etc. Feel free to buzz me.

Cheers
Old 12th September 2014, 13:49   #1862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Sammyboy!! They are terribly short of stocks now. Their consignment has been stuck with customs for months it seems. So you may have to pick from whatever stock they have. This information is as of Last Friday. I'd be going to Tusker tomorrow. Will ask them if stocks have arrived/cleared/updated etc. Feel free to buzz me.

Cheers
Thanks mate, would be nice if they give some discount on the existing stock its been lying around for a while .Will whatsapp/call you tomorrow sometime.
The custom situation is really sad, was looking to change my gear so will have to weigh my options now.

Last edited by sammyboy : 12th September 2014 at 13:50.
Old 12th September 2014, 17:55   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Anyone looked at the options at the Dainese store in bangalore? How are the products/prices? I know the brand but not sure what's available , not had a chance to check it out.
I tried inquiring couple of months back when I wanted to purchase boots. The process is very slow unless you are a local to Bangalore.
Due to absence of website at that time I had to call the person at BLR who then emailed with few documents and suggestive sizes and prices. Altimately I settled for AStar
the VTEC guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 19:05   #1864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
I tried inquiring couple of months back when I wanted to purchase boots. The process is very slow unless you are a local to Bangalore.
Due to absence of website at that time I had to call the person at BLR who then emailed with few documents and suggestive sizes and prices. Altimately I settled for AStar
Thanks bro, fortunately I am in Bangalore and will try and visit them over the weekend to see what they have. Will update here if I am able to make it.
Old 15th September 2014, 19:51   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
My timing of buying the gear was wrong. Firstly they moved their shop at exactly the time i wanted to buy the gear. Not their mistake. But they did not have stock of my size (M) in both jackets and pants. I had to wait nearly a month for stocks to arrive. Even on the day they said the stocks would arrive due to logistics issues it arrived around 4hrs late.

But this apart, they really know their stuff with regards to riding gear and I was pretty happy with the way they explained each and every thing and also helped me understand how to go about gearing up. Very knowledgeable folks.

I waited nearly 2.5 hours on the day stocks arrived and i was happy i did that since they had got very limited stocks in each size. If i had not waited and decided to come next week, i would have ended up disappointed again!
[Quoting an old post]
Abhinav, thanks for your words about the gear and the store. I ended up buying jacket and gloves from Biking Spirit a couple of months back.
Before Biking Spirit, I had visited Let's Gear Up after hearing the praises all over the internet. I was actually surprised when I paid a visit there.
The owner guy was busy chatting with someone and didn't even bother to attend even after seeing me. Then he went on to show his Daytona even with me standing in the store without giving even a single darn. The lady was busy in her laptop and bothered to attend only after a while.
Thankfully, they didn't have the size I was looking for, in stock.

Coming to Biking Spirit, the experience was completely different. I had called them enquiring about the product stock. The owner was not in the store, so he told me that someone from the store will get back with info and they did and provided me all the details. Even the buying experience at their store was great. I am happy that I made my purchase with these guys and not with the Let's Gear Up guys.

I also have gear similar to yours,
-LS2 FF350(Bought a couple of years back)
-Spartan Helios
-Spartan Ares

I'll be buying Spartan Perseus knee guards soon and will be visiting Biking Spirit once more.

(BTW, I'm penning down the personal experience I had at these stores. I'm in no way affiliated to either of these stores.)

Last edited by theredliner : 15th September 2014 at 19:53.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 18:21   #1866
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Been looking out for "Butt protector". There are few options on eBay and Amazon. Exorbitant though.

any better suggestions ?
Old 16th September 2014, 19:06   #1867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post

-LS2 FF350(Bought a couple of years back)
-Spartan Helios
-Spartan Ares

I'll be buying Spartan Perseus knee guards soon and will be visiting Biking Spirit once more.
Hey buddy - Hope you have given some thought to the boots as well. No offence meant but in case you feel budget is getting in the way (a good motorcycle boot is pricey proposition) I would at the very least recommend getting the army DMS boots while you save up for the "real deal". Costs around Rs 500 and offers a lot more protection than tennins / running shoes / sneakers and even the "designer" steel toe variety

Take care bud

Quote:
Guys,

Been looking out for "Butt protector". There are few options on eBay and Amazon. Exorbitant though
Could you provide more info Shubz? A "butt protector" search on google gives options for motorcycle seat upgrades

Do you mean CE hip armour?
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 21:33   #1868
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone used cramster level 2 spine protector? If so how is the quality and comfort?
Old 16th September 2014, 23:29   #1869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post

Could you provide more info Shubz? A "butt protector" search on google gives options for motorcycle seat upgrades

Do you mean CE hip armour?
Bro I meant something on these lines

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00268...=sr_1_4&sr=8-4
Old 16th September 2014, 23:44   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
Bro I meant something on these lines

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00268...=sr_1_4&sr=8-4
Try doing a search for snowboarding shorts. They have the butt protector. Dunno if you get them in India. Can't help but ask why though?

So, out of desperation, I picked up the RJAYS Octane 2 jacket (since my folks didn't have enough space to carry all the gear back from the US, and so I cancelled the order for the Joe Rocket Reactor 3)

I've had mixed experiences with it. It comes with a removable rain liner that I removed the day I got the jacket. It fits smaller than the US size and flows a nice amount of air. However, the arms seem to balloon up and despite using the snaps, they don't fit to form (especially with regards to the elbow pads). Quality seems a bit sketchy, especially since the INR10k cost is similar to what I was getting the Reactor for.

Would I recommend it? Not really since it's not very vfm.

Need to plan a US trip now to pick up more gear. I've become gear obsessed.

Latest acquisitions: AGV Sport Kevlar Cargo pants, Sena SMH 10 dual pack and a mesh riding jacket for my better half.

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd September 2014 at 01:24. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the Report Post function next time. Thanks!
Old 17th September 2014, 00:05   #1871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Try doing a search for snowboarding shorts. They have the butt protector. Dunno if you get them in India. Can't help but ask why though?
Thanks sir. Reason: riding pants got knee shin and hip covered but not the butt 😆
Second the cushioning could help on long rides.
Old 17th September 2014, 00:09   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Hey buddy - Hope you have given some thought to the boots as well. No offence meant but in case you feel budget is getting in the way (a good motorcycle boot is pricey proposition) I would at the very least recommend getting the army DMS boots while you save up for the "real deal". Costs around Rs 500 and offers a lot more protection than tennins / running shoes / sneakers and even the "designer" steel toe variety

Take care bud
Hey Urban_Nomad, I have not thought about buying the boots yet due to budget constraints and because I haven't toured since ages. These days I'm only commuting on the bike. I wear ankle length boots. I know these aren't protective but I think that's about the best that can be worn to office.
Will definitely take a look at the DMS boots. Are they available in any online store? Rs.500 for a pair is a steal. These days companies have started charging more even for a pair of crappy sandals.

Will definitely buy proper riding boots and trousers within a year since I'm planning to buy a bigger bike and will be hitting highways a lot lot more(hopefully). Thanks.

Last edited by theredliner : 17th September 2014 at 00:12.
Old 17th September 2014, 07:48   #1873
BHPian

Guys,
Please suggest me a good store in Bangalore to buy all the riding stuff.
Helmet, Jacket, Knee pads, Gloves etc..
Old 17th September 2014, 12:36   #1874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Guys, please suggest me a good store in Bangalore to buy all the riding stuff.
Helmet, Jacket, Knee pads, Gloves etc..
Let's gear up in HSR or Biking Spirit on Residency Road. Biking Spirit is in the triumph showroom (Keerthi Motors) building. Both these places stock Spartan riding gear in addition to other brands.

You can also visit Orion Mall in Rajajinagar. The Dainese flagship store there has some awesome stuff including Arai helmets.

Read up the last few pages for exact location of these 2 places.

Last edited by n_aditya : 17th September 2014 at 12:37.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 13:29   #1875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks sir. Reason: riding pants got knee shin and hip covered but not the butt ��
Second the cushioning could help on long rides.
I'm confused (I also admit I have some pretty hilarious images floating before my mind's eye .....).

How are you going to armor the butt for a motorcycle rider?

The padding and special non-slip rubberized material is already built into most good upper end riding pants.

If you want more you could use the perineum protecting padded bicycling tights under the pants.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks