Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2014, 14:40   #1876
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
You can also visit Orion Mall in Rajajinagar. The Dainese flagship store there has some awesome stuff including Arai helmets.

Read up the last few pages for exact location of these 2 places.
Visited the Dainese store last weekend, good gear and quite expensive.
18K for a textile jacket with no back protection at all, need to buy the add on.
30K for the Leather jacket, again no back protection at all.
They will be getting the 2 piece leathers this week sometime, will probably start at 70K plus minimum.
One piece leather suit was 1.15L

Couldnt spent much time there as my son was getting a bit cranky.Might visit again sometime.

The products are amazing though.
Old 17th September 2014, 17:43   #1877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Has anyone used cramster level 2 spine protector? If so how is the quality and comfort?
I too was interested in the same few months back and had mailed the company regarding the authenticity of the "Level 2" claim. However, their response was evasive at best.

Went ahead and bought myself a KNOX Fastback Level 2 back protector. Comes in a mesh "jacket" kinda structure with adjustment bands. Provides brilliant support to the core and keeps the armor in place under all conditions.

You may want to take a look at that if someone is coming down from the USA.
Motormania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 20:11   #1878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Will definitely take a look at the DMS boots. Are they available in any online store? Rs.500 for a pair is a steal. These days companies have started charging more even for a pair of crappy sandals
The issue that at least I have observed with these run of the mill ankle boots is the sole. Its the first thing to go. And I am not talking some local chullu pullu stuff. I am talking CAT boots here. The sole simply came off the boot with some very non harsh, that too limited usage

Wonder how well these boots would hold up in case of an unfortunate get off from the bike. The DMS sole is supposably indestructable and will last the entire lifetime of the boot. And at 500 bucks!! you are getting a boot made with thick cow hide, very tough heel and toe section and again, a long lasting anti skid sole. The only gripe I have is that the ankle has abolutely no protection. Still, leaps and bounds better than the designer boot variety. And mate, avoid the steel toe boots like the plague. These things can act as a guillotine for your toes in the event of a crash

I dont think you get these boots online though. You should ideally pay a visit to any army surplus store and enquire there. I am sure the Bangalore BHP-ians should be able to help you locate one. Do bear in mind that there are many fake - good for nothing designer versions of this very boot available aplenty. Search this very thread for comments from the good doc aka ebonho on how to distinguish between a fake & the real deal

All the best bud Lemme know how it pans out. If you are unable to source these from Bangy, I will try and procure these for you from Delhi and ship them to you. Bear in mind though, the shipping may equal or even exceed the price of the boot itself

Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 20:18   #1879
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
I too was interested in the same few months back and had mailed the company regarding the authenticity of the "Level 2" claim. However, their response was evasive at best.

Went ahead and bought myself a KNOX Fastback Level 2 back protector. Comes in a mesh "jacket" kinda structure with adjustment bands. Provides brilliant support to the core and keeps the armor in place under all conditions.

You may want to take a look at that if someone is coming down from the USA.

I am looking at something which can provide protection to lower back.Until the tail bone preferably
I already have spartan helios and have upgraded to KNOX advance X back protector. But it covered only 60% of the back . The lower back is left vulnerable
Old 18th September 2014, 13:34   #1880
BHPian

I am planning to pick up the dsg pheonix gloves ? Any idea how they are ? My budget is 2k Max . I need the gloves for city rides only. Lastly, no crapsters please. I am totally fed up of cramster's quality.

Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 14:01   #1881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
I am planning to pick up the dsg pheonix gloves ? Any idea how they are ? My budget is 2k Max . I need the gloves for city rides only.
No personal experience but going by the description on the site, it seems to be a good bet for the price. It has leather in the palm area which is good while outer shell is a mix of mesh and leather. Should be a good bet since you need it only for city rides! As an additional advantage it seems to come with touch screen friendly finger tips too - Helps when you park on the side to answer a call on the phone which you can do without removing the gloves!

Last edited by abhinav.s : 18th September 2014 at 14:03.
Old 18th September 2014, 16:17   #1882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I am looking at something which can provide protection to lower back.Until the tail bone preferably
I already have spartan helios and have upgraded to KNOX advance X back protector. But it covered only 60% of the back . The lower back is left vulnerable
The Fastback ends just a little above the waist. Extremely comfortable product, huge coverage area. Check out the online video review of the same at sportbiketrackgear.com.

However, you may want to look at the KNOX Aegis back protector if you want a still longer protector.
Old 18th September 2014, 16:51   #1883
Senior - BHPian

Any opinion on HELD gloves?

I am specifically looking at buying one of HELD's Rodney or Airstream II or Steve gloves.

Any user opinion on any of these gloves is welcome.

Am also looking for some info on sizing. My palm circumference is just over 8.5". Will size 8.5 work or is 9 better? I take Large in Dainese.
Old 20th September 2014, 12:58   #1884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
The issue that at least I have observed with these run of the mill ankle boots is the sole. Its the first thing to go. And I am not talking some local chullu pullu stuff. I am talking CAT boots here. The sole simply came off the boot with some very non harsh, that too limited usage. All the best bud Lemme know how it pans out. If you are unable to source these from Bangy, I will try and procure these for you from Delhi and ship them to you. Bear in mind though, the shipping may equal or even exceed the price of the boot itself
Thanks bud. Will look for an army surplus store and let you know how it goes.
But before going there, I'd like to know which boot you're talking about. I found two different types

Short one

Long one

The website says both are used in Indian army.

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire post as it inconveniences our mobile users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd September 2014 at 14:15.
Old 21st September 2014, 00:49   #1885
Senior - BHPian

^^ the first one "looks" like the real thing
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 04:43   #1886
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the discussion about the soles coming off. The adhesive strength is a function of time as well as usage. Over time the bond weakens. That is why you never buy safety items on a deep discount or closeouts how ever tempting it might be too save a few bucks.
Old 21st September 2014, 11:01   #1887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
I am talking CAT boots here. The sole simply came off the boot with some very non harsh, that too limited usage

UN, As you probably may know CAT boots per say are not ridding boots.

CAT unfortunately has, these days, become more of a fashion accessory. But they still have their "industrial range" with toe protector etc, which are 100 times more sturdier than the rest of the range (they usually come in solid black or brown only). Such ones still heed to rough and tough of extreme industrial usage and hardcore trekking etc. The fashion range obviously will not stand up to it.

As righly pointed out by you it's better to go for proper ridding shoe always even if its a slightly more expensive proposistion.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:42   #1888
BHPian

For everyone who wanted to order gear from overseas, but it wasn't possible check this out
http://www.ppobox.com/content.aspx?id=2

Disclaimer: Just found it on the Android phone thread
No personal interest nor have i tried it myself
Old 22nd September 2014, 20:13   #1889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
But they still have their "industrial range" with toe protector etc, which are 100 times more sturdier than the rest of the range (they usually come in solid black or brown only). Such ones still heed to rough and tough of extreme industrial usage and hardcore trekking etc. The fashion range obviously will not stand up to it.
Yes, I use the CAT steel-toe boots as my riding boots and they've been amazing. Even saved me in an accident I had - protected my toes from being chopped off!
Old 22nd September 2014, 23:57   #1890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
For everyone who wanted to order gear from overseas, but it wasn't possible check this out
http://www.ppobox.com/content.aspx?id=2

Disclaimer: Just found it on the Android phone thread
No personal interest nor have i tried it myself
ICC is already doing it - http://www.iccworld.com/ppo.asp
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks