Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2020, 22:25   #3391
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

These guys however say, go one size larger.

The Riding Gear thread-a357b9a7e6684a5c97d42bb7d16dae45.jpeg

Which is what I guess I will do after reading a lot of sizing feedback on the inter webs. I am 28.0 cms measured on my foot. Will do it again tomorrow.

Last edited by Red Liner : 8th July 2020 at 22:26.
Old 9th July 2020, 00:18   #3392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
These guys however say, go one size larger.

Which is what I guess I will do after reading a lot of sizing feedback on the inter webs. I am 28.0 cms measured on my foot. Will do it again tomorrow.
You should go with that chart , that's what all the reviews said.
I saw that bikegear has it in stock for 31k
https://bikegear.in/sidi-adventure-2...s-online-india
dinodavid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 08:40   #3393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinodavid View Post
You should go with that chart , that's what all the reviews said.
I saw that bikegear has it in stock for 31k
https://bikegear.in/sidi-adventure-2...s-online-india
Thanks man. Did you get yours? Bikegear is about 10k more expensive than shipped imported.
Old 9th July 2020, 09:30   #3394
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks man. Did you get yours? Bikegear is about 10k more expensive than shipped imported.
10 k more , what's the rate abroad , I saw it for 27k on fcmoto including shipping and then I calculated customs to be around 3k. Do you get for a price lower than that.
dinodavid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 09:47   #3395
Distinguished - BHPian

Do mesh jackets lose their protection ability after years of use?

I am using a Spartan Mesh Jacket for past 6.5 years. Washed every 3-4 months. Was wondering if the mesh lose its abrasion resistance after these years.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 10:39   #3396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
10 k more , what's the rate abroad , I saw it for 27k on fcmoto including shipping and then I calculated customs to be around 3k. Do you get for a price lower than that.
I saw mine for 22k with shipping. Just 3k for duty seems alright man, I would take the plunge. The issue is we dont know if its 3k or double or triple that.

How did you calculate customs and GST at 3k?

Btw i switched out from the adv2 goretex to something more suited to offroad and closer to the motocross category.

Last edited by Red Liner : 9th July 2020 at 10:42.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 13:48   #3397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...with shipping..
Do you foresee any issues with shipping? Normally fcmoto is very reliable and friends have had good experience with them but these aren’t normal times
Old 9th July 2020, 15:57   #3398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Do you foresee any issues with shipping? Normally fcmoto is very reliable and friends have had good experience with them but these aren’t normal times
The last time i got something i got hammered with duty. I mean it wasnt bad, but I didn't escape

I am waiting for davids response on how he calculated a 3k duty inclusive of gst. I can deal with that mark up if i import.

Last edited by Red Liner : 9th July 2020 at 16:09.
Old 9th July 2020, 17:14   #3399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Do mesh jackets lose their protection ability after years of use?

I am using a Spartan Mesh Jacket for past 6.5 years. Washed every 3-4 months. Was wondering if the mesh lose its abrasion resistance after these years.
Good question, never heard of this loss of abrasion resistance but it certainly is worth investigating. If you are happy with the jacket and want to continue using it, I would suggest switching out the armour.

Given current pricing though for stand alone quality L2 armour, you just may be better off buying a new mesh jacket like the Rynox mesh jacket for just a few thousand rupees more.
Old 9th July 2020, 18:47   #3400
BHPian

Quote:
I saw mine for 22k with shipping. Just 3k for duty seems alright man, I would take the plunge. The issue is we dont know if its 3k or double or triple that.

How did you calculate customs and GST at 3k?

Btw i switched out from the adv2 goretex to something more suited to offroad and closer to the motocross category.
3k is only customs excluding GST. They said in india it's mostly 18% GST and sometimes they charge a flat charge of 1000 rs. Most of the times they said that it's unregulated.
A friend of mine who imports shoes gave me this quote. Boots at max 30% customs including gst and helmets 15%-18% customs including gst. I'm still in confusion.
Old 10th July 2020, 10:40   #3401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Good question, never heard of this loss of abrasion resistance but it certainly is worth investigating. If you are happy with the jacket and want to continue using it, I would suggest switching out the armour.

Given current pricing though for stand alone quality L2 armour, you just may be better off buying a new mesh jacket like the Rynox mesh jacket for just a few thousand rupees more.
The jacket already has a L2 armor for back, arms and shoulders from KNOX. I upgraded at the time of purchase.

I guess i will continue using it
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 11:55   #3402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
3k is only customs excluding GST. They said in india it's mostly 18% GST and sometimes they charge a flat charge of 1000 rs. Most of the times they said that it's unregulated.
A friend of mine who imports shoes gave me this quote. Boots at max 30% customs including gst and helmets 15%-18% customs including gst. I'm still in confusion.
Mostly right.

Boots: https://www.exportgenius.in/india-im...torcycle-boots

Helmets: could only find it as 30% everywhere.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 12:14   #3403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
The jacket already has a L2 armor for back, arms and shoulders from KNOX. I upgraded at the time of purchase.

I guess i will continue using it
Sagar, my earlier reply was a little too succinct.

If your jacket has done 6.5 years and you havent crash tested it, you can probably get a couple (maybe more?) of years more out of it. That said, the armour would need replacing soon.

So you can replace the existing L2 Knox stuff with another round of Knox gear in the same jacket and continue using it. But, if you get another 2-3 years out of the jacket, your new armour will be halfway through its life and the new jacket will have its own armour (L1 / L2) which you are paying for at purchase but wont need since you have good quality Knox stuff already.

I would say that you are probably better off using your current gear for a few more months and getting a replacement jacket with good quality armour built in.

F9

This is a useful guide, jump to 4.45 for the part on jackets and pants.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 15:46   #3404
BHPian

Quote:
Mostly right.

Boots: https://www.exportgenius.in/india-im...torcycle-boots

Helmets: could only find it as 30% everywhere.
So the quote I received was ok. 27k including shipping along with 30% customs including GST turns out to be 33k . Turns out as 440$ as I have mentioned in my previous post. Still 2k more than for what bikegear is retailing . No one had stock of this boots while I was ordering and the registered dealer Performance racing did not have one but superbikestore was ready to import one for Rs.36800. So I'll settled with importing myself.
Old 10th July 2020, 16:36   #3405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So the quote I received was ok. 27k including shipping along with 30% customs including GST turns out to be 33k . Turns out as 440$ as I have mentioned in my previous post. Still 2k more than for what bikegear is retailing . No one had stock of this boots while I was ordering and the registered dealer Performance racing did not have one but superbikestore was ready to import one for Rs.36800. So I'll settled with importing myself.
Why didn't you buy from bikegear then? I think if luck is on your side, the customs might just not be levied like in some other cases.

Did you go up a size as well? Will wait to hear from you on how the boots fit you in the size you ordered. That's another lottery

My order is working out about 2-3k cheaper than bikegear inspite of applying the full 30% duty inclusive of gst, so i might just take the import plunge and see what my luck holds for me once i get my head around the sizing issue.

I went out and tried the SIDI racing/street boots for fit and found the 45 fitting me alright. Maybe the 46 with a better insole will be just right with additional space at the toe box for wiggle room.

Last edited by Red Liner : 10th July 2020 at 16:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks