Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2020, 07:25   #31321
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Do we still doubt build quality of Maruti after looking at this picture
I do. And my source of information is GNCAP crash test results. Please check the attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-swift.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-wagonr.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-altroz.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tiago.jpg  

kkr2k2 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 13:02   #31322
BHPian

Accident in Mumbai near Sion, previous generation Fortuner hitting a Tree.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/77567387.cms
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fortuner-accident.jpg  

Old 19th August 2020, 21:05   #31323
BANNED

Altroz accident. Location: Nagpur Aurangabad Road. Other details not known.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-5.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-7.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-6.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpeg

Source
wheelguy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 21:17   #31324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Altroz accident. Location: Nagpur Aurangabad Road. Other details not known.
Now will come a barrage of automobile specific blogs calling the Altroz a car with best "built" quality, extremely tough and safest-in-segment. All written with a dozen typos and with added garnishing (exaggerations).

Not that I dispute Tata cars being well made, or safe, but anything that reminds me of hyperactive PR and overenthusiastic marketing with very little factual basis as an overlay, I steer clear of such products.

Technically though, Tatas seem to be built to endure, almost on par with the Fiats (since they learnt the tricks of the trade from Fiat and all cars since like Zest, Bolt are tanks), hope they don't go nuts shoving it down the throats like VW did initially (fat lot of good it did since reliability was a concern in those days).
dark.knight is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 08:18   #31325
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Corolla hit and run:

Quote:
RDMC-TMC:- Unknown vehicle Collided with Mrs. Meena Shamil Nadumakeri (f/ 40 yrs) on Siddhanchal road, near Siddhanchal building, Phase no.6, Pawar nagar, Thane (w). Chitalsar Manpada Police officials & Fire Brigade was on site with 1 Emergency tender & 1 Rescue vehicle. Rescue operation successfully completed. No casualty, She was minor injured & has been shifted to nearby hospital.
self_driven is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 08:27   #31326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Toyota Corolla hit and run:

A very unfortunate incident, hope she is not hurt bad and recovers soon.

Though have to say this, everyone at that accident scene is equally at fault here.

The lady herself jaywalking like that when there is a footpath right to her left, this is something she could have completely avoided. Also are we not taught to not walk in the direction of the traffic at any time so that you are not in the blind when someone comes at you like that?

The Honda and the bike guy are doing this very typical and irritating thing of executing an 80% u-turn and being in the lane of the traffic before looking for oncoming vehicles or obstruction instead of looking for clearance and then executing an u-turn. Nothing gets my gears grinding more than this.

Now the low life him/her self driving the Toyota doesn't it look like the person was not at all paying attention until the very last second the driver swerves away almost hitting the parked bikes and then to make it worse hits the poor lady. Was he/she on the phone probably?

I never understand what clicks in people's brains to floor it after hitting something /someone with their vehicles. Absolute lowlifes.

Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 09:01   #31327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaprasadgg View Post
Though have to say this, everyone at that accident scene is equally at fault here.
The Corolla was supposed to apply brake here, period.
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 09:03   #31328
BHPian

I feel sad for the lady. Looks like Corolla guy was already in good speeds and couldn't brake on time, swerved away from honda city (whose driver didn't look clearly for on coming traffic) and hit the woman. Instead of braking, he gunned the accelerator and escaped. Probably an under aged / inexperienced driver. Looking at the way the woman was dragged , she might have had severe injuries.
WhiteSierra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 09:40   #31329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Accident in Mumbai near Sion, previous generation Fortuner hitting a Tree.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/77567387.cms
Right beside the Everard Nagar, Sion busstop. Saw the vehicle lying there for 2 days before it was towed away. The road on that stretch is very wide. Couldnt fathom how the driver right side got mangled so bad after hitting the tree on the left. First when i saw it i thought the car probably hit the iron pillar that height restricts tall and heavy vehicles onto the BKC Connector. Last second decision at high speed to get onto the BKC flyover led to the right side T bone hit i felt. Later it was moved to the road side i thought. Does not seem to be the case though.

Last edited by bharatbits : 20th August 2020 at 10:05.
Old 20th August 2020, 10:01   #31330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
The Corolla was supposed to apply brake here, period.

Of course, no 2 ways about it. But no matter how irresponsible that guy was the other 3 are equally at fault, the biker and the Honda created a bottleneck so the corolla when it could not stop had no other option but to try to go between them and the lady was clearly jaywalking which is what led to her being hit.

You can't just walk in the middle of the road and not expect to be partially blamed if someone ends up hitting you. You are equally responsible for causing the accident.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 10:43   #31331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Now will come a barrage of automobile specific blogs calling the Altroz a car with best "built" quality, extremely tough and safest-in-segment.
But isn't that true, in India Artroz is the safest-in-segment as per GNCAP, and I don't see any issue with people/bloggers barraging about it, it also helps spreading awareness IMO.
S.MJet is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 12:08   #31332
Senior - BHPian

Corolla guy should be traced and booked. He clearly didn't even tried to apply brakes even after hitting the woman. Yes, she was jaywalking but that's no excuse to drive like a blind man and hit people.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 14:34   #31333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
She was minor injured & has been shifted to nearby hospital.
Thank god. From the look of it, she was dragged for pretty good distance. Probably she landed up on windscreen/bonnet. Good for her!

Roads are full of stupids and this Corolla driver is one of them. There are lot of things that are wrong in this video by the way.

1. Corolla driver not stopping (obviously!).
2. That tempo parked right on divider, creating a blind for the Honda driver causing him to stop just in middle of road.
3. Lady strolling on the road while there is empty footpath just next to her.
HalfOctave is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 15:59   #31334
BHPian

Quote:
The Honda and the bike guy are doing this very typical and irritating thing of executing an 80% u-turn and being in the lane of the traffic before looking for oncoming vehicles or obstruction instead of looking for clearance and then executing an u-turn. Nothing gets my gears grinding more than this.
Krishna
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
I feel sad for the lady. Looks like Corolla guy was already in good speeds and couldn't brake on time, swerved away from honda city (whose driver didn't look clearly for on coming traffic) and hit the woman....
Quote:
Of course, no 2 ways about it. But no matter how irresponsible that guy was the other 3 are equally at fault, the biker and the Honda created a bottleneck so the corolla....
Did anybody else spot another black car at bottom right corner of the video (partially seen front left wheel)? It seems to be parked just as randomly like the mini-truck in the middle of the frame.

I'm trying to see things from the perspective of the Honda City(?) driver. I'm trying to take a right turn or U-turn. My visibility is hampered due to the idiotically parked mini-truck. Halfway through the turn, my visibility of oncoming Corolla is hampered by the black vehicle (and quite possibly many more vehicles parked similarly behind it). I have to jut into the opposite carriageway a little bit to have a better view of oncoming vehicles such as the Corolla. And whoosh! A speeding Corolla on wet roads and bam!
I don't understand what more he/she could have done to avoid this incident.

If anything, the blame should *also* go to the mini-truck and other parked vehicles for creating such unsafe conditions.
Old 20th August 2020, 16:10   #31335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The lady herself jaywalking like that when there is a footpath right to her left, this is something she could have completely avoided.
Yes, she is wrong, and this behaviour annoys me greatly when I am the one in the car. However, I don't think it makes her responsible for the accident in any way, especially as she was in clear view of the Corolla driver.

If she did indeed suffer only minor injuries, as per the quote, then it is nothing short of a miracle. Hope it is true. And hope that she will learn not to walk in the road.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks