Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2019, 01:37   #29821
BANNED

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Last month before getting aproved here on Teambhp I came across a major Inova Crysta accident with Eicher single Axle truck.
Inova was at God speeds the aftermath says.
Truck was wrong parked on NH4 highway. half truck sticking out on left lane on 2 lane Eway.
Truck was in between 2 flyover with steep decent & steep climb.
Left side of inova is gone till 3rd row & trucks axle broke puncturing the Diesel tank completely.
Was able to click pic of Inova. Truck was nearly 100 mts away & was unable to click due to traffic.

Accident took place on Kolhapur city flyover NH4 road towards Banglore.
Inova is facing towards Pune (wrong way) may be a rescue operation.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20190929wa0011.jpg  

SequentialShift is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 14:00   #29822
BHPian

https://www.manoramaonline.com/fastt...-accident.html

A video showing an accident, and general apathy to traffic rules. It is disheartening to see most people using the wrong lane for a long time, instead of making a simple 90 degree turn.
Old 15th November 2019, 14:15   #29823
Distinguished - BHPian

Two college kids were crushed beyond recognition and a third on the same motorcycle has sustained serious injuries yesterday evening near my home in Selaiyur, Chennai.

https://www.pressreader.com/india/th...81655371901527

Quote:
Two persons — Prasad, 20, and a 17-year-old boy — were run over by a speeding private school bus in Selaiyur on Thursday. One more juvenile was critically injured. The trio were riding a high-end bike without helmets, and had fallen on the road, when the bus ran them over.
On my way home yesterday night from work at around 9 PM, I noticed two unusually placed barricades and some sand strewn over what seemed to me like engine oil all over the road. It was after I got home that my wife said that the two boys had been killed at that spot and that it was a gory scene all around. Even this morning, the sand did little to hide what had happened on the spot.

On the way to work today, I happened to learn that the two boys' families live on the same road. I saw the two households mourning and the road was eerily silent. All shops were closed and a visible police presence was felt in the vicinity.
Old 15th November 2019, 14:24   #29824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Two college kids were crushed beyond recognition and a third on the same motorcycle has sustained serious injuries yesterday evening near my home in Selaiyur, Chennai.

https://www.pressreader.com/india/th...81655371901527
As is normal in today's journalism, speeding vehicle hits two wheeler. The article also mentions that there were 3 on the high end motorcycle and none of them were wearing helmets. Though it's not tough to figure where the issue may be, it may not be looked at in that manner. Its always the bigger vehicle's fault; though the other has breached the laws.

Last edited by ampere : 18th November 2019 at 10:50. Reason: typos fixed
swissknife is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 14:41   #29825
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
As is normal in today's journalism, speeding vehicle his two wheeler. The article also mentions that there were 3 on the high end motorcycle and none of them were wearing helmets. Though it's not tough to figure where the issue may be, it may not be looked at in that manner. The bigger vehicle away fault though the other has breached the laws.
The locals know all too well what happened here. We're talking about a wide open 6 laned road where morons drive on the wrong side at 60 Kmph and on the proper side at 100 Kmph. And it is a given that the bigger vehicle will be held at fault in our glorious country. It is the sheer goriness of the accident that has shaken the locality though. That is no way to go, morons or not. I can't imagine what the deceased youngsters' families might be feeling.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 17:57   #29826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
A video showing an accident, and general apathy to traffic rules. It is disheartening to see most people using the wrong lane for a long time, instead of making a simple 90 degree turn.
The guy appearing at 0:16 seconds, seems to believe that he's still in the gelf.
Old 15th November 2019, 20:07   #29827
Senior - BHPian

A marathi singer named Geeta Mali was killed and her husband severely injured on Mumbai Nasik highway. She was on her way home in Nashik from Mumbai airport after returning from the US. Her car rammed a stationary tanker parked on the left side of the road at a very high speed.

Got some gory images and videos on whatsapp and saw that the car was a white Tata Zest, completely pushed inside the rear of the tanker. The driver probably was the only one seated on the front and his head was severed.

I hear and read a lot of such accidents happening at night: A vehicle ramming a stationary truck from behind. Wonder if there is a general lack of awareness among Indian drivers about such risks, that includes both drivers - the parked vehicle and the vehicle behind it.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/72066189.cms
NiInJa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 21:43   #29828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Got some gory images and videos on whatsapp and saw that the car was a white Tata Zest, completely pushed inside the rear of the tanker. The driver probably was the only one seated on the front and his head was severed.
Are you sure you are describing about the same accident. It is a Honda City that looks to have rammed.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-images.jpeg

PC: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/72065999.cms
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 22:25   #29829
Senior - BHPian

Personal security officer (PSO) of Assam hills area development minister died in a road accident on National Highway 329 in the Dharamtul locality of Karbi Anglong district. More details here.

Looking at the photos, I would doubt that victim was wearing seat belt.

Last edited by airbus : 15th November 2019 at 22:26.
Old 15th November 2019, 23:27   #29830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
[/url]
That car is not a TATA zest but new generation Honda City.
damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 23:35   #29831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
That car is not a TATA zest but new generation Honda City.
Yes, I stand corrected, I glanced through the videos and photos which were showing the other side of the car which was mangled pretty bad and it looked more like the Zest.

It is a Honda City. Thanks for correcting !
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 20:50   #29832
Distinguished - BHPian

Someone managed to topple the car just before the toll on the NICE road (towards the hosur road exit).

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-n2.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 00:59   #29833
BHPian

Quote:
The video is from Surat, Gujarat and shows a stray cattle running across the highway causing a massive accident. The video shows a stray cow crossing the road by running across it. A big truck going in front blocks the view of the vehicle overtaking the truck from the left-hand side and when the driver of the vehicle spots the cow, it brakes suddenly in order to avoid hitting the vehicle. Another vehicle, a Mahindra Marazzo MPV applies the brakes too and avoids hitting the vehicle in front. However, a bus coming from behind could not stop in time and rammed into the Marazzo from the rear. The MPV then hit the sedan from the rear causing a three-vehicle accident

Source: Cartoq
Torq is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 08:21   #29834
Distinguished - BHPian

Today morning's accident on NICE road, Bengaluru. Looked like a high speed lane change manoeuvre

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20191118wa000601.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20191118wa000901.jpeg
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 10:23   #29835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Today morning's accident on NICE road, Bengaluru. Looked like a high speed lane change manoeuvre
At times, these mini lorrys or trucks give a tough fight to my car and the drivers drive them as if they are riding a sports car
I stay away from them either far behind or far ahead and the most crucial moment will be overtaking them as we'll have no clue when he'll jump in our lane
GladRagu is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks