Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2023, 08:20   #37351
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

This happened near Kunigal on 7th February 2023.

The biker's quick reaction saved his life.

https://twitter.com/rakeshprakash1/s...DTqZKhqIctAAAA

Did the White Kia Sonet have a role to play? I think, both the Sonet and Canter Truck were at speed on the fast lane and the truck was tailgating him and when Sonet slowed due to speed breakers, to avoid hitting him, the truck moved left.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th February 2023 at 12:14. Reason: Grammar
Old 9th February 2023, 09:10   #37352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
My friend's Nissan Kicks met with minor accident, looks like other driver was sleepy and jumped signal. I think my friend didn't see right side as it was green for him and there were vehicles already moving infront of him.

https://Youtu.be/vsogV9opyB4
Given that the Ertiga/XL6 was hit near the B-pillar, I felt your friend had enough time (given his low momentum) to brake and avoid the hit. Looks like he expected the other car to come to a complete stop.

Last edited by srvm : 9th February 2023 at 09:12.
srvm is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 10:27   #37353
BHPian

Your friend could have braked 10 times from the time the other car entered the scene. But he kept going!.

No use analyzing who was at fault after the accident. Loss and suffering is on both sides. Onus is always on preventing accidents.
Nalin1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 10:59   #37354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
This happened near Kunigal on 7th February 2023.

The biker's quick reaction saved his life.

https://twitter.com/rakeshprakash1/s...DTqZKhqIctAAAA

Did the White Kia Sonet have a role to play ? I think, both the Sonet and Canter Truck were at speed on the fast lane and the truck was tailgating him and when Sonet slowed due to speed breakers, to avoid hitting him, the truck moved left.
It did have a role to play I would think, in that the Sonet would have slowed for the speed-breakers and the LCV probably didn't notice that for whatever reasons and he cut left to avoid ramming into the Sonet and ended up losing control. For once, being on the wrong side and facing the oncoming vehicles helped the biker save his own life.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th February 2023 at 12:18. Reason: Quoted post edited.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 21:55   #37355
BHPian

Saw this Old Gen Fortuner resting on her side at Sector-25/31 red light in Noida late night, around 1 AM. Bystanders said that a cab, Swift Dzire hit the Fortuner's rear end at high speed resulting to this. 2 people got injured out of 7 travelling in the car and were sent to a nearby hospital.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20230212023614.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20230212023607.jpg  

Akash_1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 13:23   #37356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
looks like other driver was sleepy and jumped signal. I think my friend didn't see right side as it was green for him and there were vehicles already moving infront of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Given that the Ertiga/XL6 was hit near the B-pillar, I felt your friend had enough time (given his low momentum) to brake and avoid the hit. Looks like he expected the other car to come to a complete stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Your friend could have braked 10 times from the time the other car entered the scene. But he kept going!.
I don't know what exactly happened in this case. However, last year I almost ended up being in similar situation, but was able to brake in nick of time.

It started exactly like in this case. There was an impatient biker on left side of my vehicle (close to rear door) and a cab driver trying to squeeze him out. I was worried that the biker will end up scratching my vehicle. This observation and conclusion happened in just about a second by looking at LH ORVM. May be I looked fraction more than a second at the mirror due to apprehension. The next second I looked forward, found a car in front of me, crossing across after jumping the signal. Braked and saved the imminent collision in front. But the biker couldn't, and gave deep gash on the RR LH door.

Similar situation might have been there in case of ramki.grandhi's friend. It was about 2 seconds from Ertiga coming in camera view to impact. Let's wait till more information comes before arriving at conclusion.
AutoNoob is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 11:34   #37357
BHPian

I have seen impatient cabbies in Bangalore and Mumbai but was surprised to see in Nagpur. Nagpur has no traffic compared to Bangalore or Mumbai and may be that’s why he is not used to it. He knew it was his fault and that’s why did not bother to speak to bus driver and eventually waited to let the bus go off.

Piyush_DT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 21:15   #37358
BHPian

A biker who has no clue on road involved in a fatal accident at Narketpally, Telangana today.

https://twitter.com/mannedear/status...ooNbvFEz0xQheQ

Last edited by ManneAtWheelz : 15th February 2023 at 21:17.
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 21:16   #37359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post
The following video is a near-miss which reiterates the above discussed points:
https://Youtu.be/1kLIFPPWb54
Wow !!! It's good to see my dashcam video on this thread and also on the TEAM-BHP, Insta story.
kvamshi04 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 22:06   #37360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...looks like other driver was sleepy and jumped signal. I think my friend didn't see right side as it was green for him and there were vehicles already moving infront of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
.. Onus is always on preventing accidents.
If you observe the timestamp on the Dashcam the incident occured late night at about 10:30 pm. Drivers/riders usually tend to ignore traffic lights late nights or early mornings, so most likely the driver intentionally jumped the signal.

On our roads, one has to be extra alert at junctions especially at odd hours (late night/early mornings). Even one ways are also wrongly entered at these hours which can be quite dangerous. Defensive driving with an extra pair of eyes is the key.
Old 15th February 2023, 22:19   #37361
BHPian

This appears to be a road rage/race invite gone wrong.

But I disagree with the assessment of the uploader.

As per me, all three cars are related to each other and were trying to film something interesting when this happened.

Why I say so?
No one is uttering a word in the video, even when there are people in the Thar.
The video was cut just when they spoke something. We know that Thar stopped at the accident spot from the other video, then why cut the video abruptly?
Both cars were filming as if they knew something is about to happen.

Poor swift driver overacted! Literally! That too without seat belts.

MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 22:47   #37362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
A biker who has no clue on road involved in a fatal accident at Narketpally, Telangana today.

I cannot understand what happened here. The rider couldn't be sleeping. He directly ran into the truck which was clearly visible.
ImranHyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 11:40   #37363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranHyd View Post
I cannot understand what happened here. The rider couldn't be sleeping. He directly ran into the truck which was clearly visible.
Exactly, I'm wondering how is this possible. It's not possible to miss such a big truck in your way. May be he was distracted on phone.
Old 16th February 2023, 12:29   #37364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranHyd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
Exactly, I'm wondering how is this possible. It's not possible to miss such a big truck in your way. May be he was distracted on phone.
Most probably, the biker was focussing more on the right side from where a bike just passes by a few moments before and completely misses the approaching truck on his left , which either could be due to
1. the dominant right side vision as Approximately 70% of the population are right-eye dominant and 29% left-eye dominant. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocular_dominance)
2. Despicable road manners
3. combination of both.

Or the biker thought he could speed away before the truck

Did the approaching truck honk !? May be the biker had earphones plugged in and making him more ignorant of the traffic
( not that it was trucker's mistake- the other truck beside the biker stopped as the driver spotted the truck) .

At the end of the day, the impatience, ignorance and the lack of common sense ( that the truck cannot behave like a bike ) took his life.

The trucker should have slowed down a bit as he was approaching the crossing, though he'd have observed the biker and truck both were almost halted and could not have imagined the stupidity of the biker.
poised2drive is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 14:20   #37365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
This appears to be a road rage/race invite gone wrong.

But I disagree with the assessment of the uploader.

As per me, all three cars are related to each other and were trying to film something interesting when this happened.

Why I say so?
No one is uttering a word in the video, even when there are people in the Thar.
I absolutely LOATHE how this guy has narrated this without anything concrete. He has spun some yarns around how he was "showing off" against the Thar guy. Just see the godawful title! Just all set for the commenters to mock the "tin can" Swift guy.

While it looks like a pre-planned thing, where all two (or three?) of them holding cameras and recording the whole thing, as you said. Either way, silly as heck, what on earth was the Swift guy smoking?!
epiccross is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed