Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2012, 15:02   #4501
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
A new guest of honor on the thread here.

When are these morons going to learn?
Moron indeed.
This has happened to me many times and mostly its truck. Had several fights with truck guys. Once my frustration led me to deflate a truck tire.
But this turned out to be a pricy business as truck did not move for one full day.

With small cars I sometimes feel like to take a monster truck and ram these cars which are parked in front of my gate.

Government also should look into this issue and make a rule that if cars parked in wrong place are damaged then they cannot avail any claim nor have any right to fight with someone who has damaged their car.

-UB
Old 24th October 2012, 16:53   #4502
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I agree that my car (WagonR) would have sneaked out, but as it was nothing urgent, I returned home. My building houses a Xylo as well and just like me, he too is fed up of these kind of people. Blocking 1/4th of the road is common in this part of Mumbai as there is lack of parking space.
If it was evening time, I can bet all my money that there would have been another car behind this Optra with the driver waiting in probably. But nonetheless, it does block half of the road leaving just enough gap for a bus to pass.
You are within your rights to have the traffic cops to tow the vehicle. While i know it is painful thing to do and that too with so many morons it is difficult, but atleast one of these morons would probably have learnt a lesson
Old 24th October 2012, 17:23   #4503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
Moron indeed.
This has happened to me many times and mostly its truck. Had several fights with truck guys. Once my frustration led me to deflate a truck tire.
But this turned out to be a pricy business as truck did not move for one full day.
Its a busy street where I reside. If I go on and puncture someones tire, public will run behind me to thrash me!

Quote:
With small cars I sometimes feel like to take a monster truck and ram these cars which are parked in front of my gate.
Just let me know when you get a monster truck, I will surely be borrowing it from you some day.

Quote:
Government also should look into this issue and make a rule that if cars parked in wrong place are damaged then they cannot avail any claim nor have any right to fight with someone who has damaged their car.
Have at times informed traffic police stationed just 10 feet away from the scene. All he does is informs the towing van after pleading him to do so or just simply promises that he will fine the driver once he arrives. Oh, did I mention, the towing van never arrives. Thats the way the system works in this part of the world!

I once had a heated argument with this kind of a person. Had reported it here.
Old 24th October 2012, 18:23   #4504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Had reported it here.
Oh My! Looks like you are a key contributor to this thread. These morons are such a pain.

This is what I had to endure for a long time. The traveler belongs to the neighbor. How many ever times you say, he wouldn't listen at all. Finally got him shifted outta my vicinity

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20120524_044221.jpg
Old 24th October 2012, 18:47   #4505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Oh My! Looks like you are a key contributor to this thread. These morons are such a pain.

This is what I had to endure for a long time. The traveler belongs to the neighbor. How many ever times you say, he wouldn't listen at all. Finally got him shifted outta my vicinity

Attachment 1005098
Unfortunately, people in my vicinity have made me a key contributor here!
I can understand your feeling having to see such a huge thing parked in front of your gate every time. But I have been lucky with the neighbors until now.

We have just enough parking for four cars in our compound, but have to park one behind the other. My car is normally parked ahead behind which a xylo parks. Fortunately, the neighbors are very adjusting and really kind. I have disturbed him at 6:00 in the morning when I had to urgently remove my car, and he obliged without any arguments. If by chance the person who drives is not there, I am handed over the car keys.

Moreover, when we play cricket in the small compound, don't ask how we manage, everyone is ready to park their cars somewhere else. This has been a real plus point in the building and am really happy about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbeth View Post
You are within your rights to have the traffic cops to tow the vehicle. While i know it is painful thing to do and that too with so many morons it is difficult, but atleast one of these morons would probably have learnt a lesson
Hey macbeth, have many a times informed traffic police, but as I told in my above post, they just keep on making false promises. I have seen them tow smaller vehicles like Alto's and WagonR's regularly, but the bigger cars are the ones that they never even touch wherever it may be parked.

Last edited by carzone : 24th October 2012 at 18:50.
Old 25th October 2012, 15:19   #4506

I don't know why people can't spend on transportation through commercial vehicles. This guy is taking huge piece of plywood on top of his SX4 and one hand of the driver was holding on to the piece of wood. This was spotted at road connecting Sikanderpur market to Bristol roundabout near under constructon Rapid metro station. Driver was driving the car with one hand and "Sahib" was sitting on back seat. Anybody can do anything on our roads. Perfect example of banana republic.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-25102012004.jpg  

Old 25th October 2012, 16:13   #4507
BHPian

Witnessed a pretty interesting incident today. This happened near ASC center signal near Richmond Road. The signal was red and as usual there were quite a few two wheeler guys riding on the wrong side of the divider to beat the queue. There was this i20 with LTD stickers and the guy took out his mobile to capture the "bad drivers". By then the signal had turned green and vehicles including the i20 started moving , but the driver was still busy capturing.

He was too involved with the same , that he missed the Alto infront braking to avoid a cyclist..and BAM !. I was in a hurry , so couldn't wait to see what happened next .
JoeMichael is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 16:48   #4508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepalimal View Post
I don't know why people can't spend on transportation through commercial vehicles. This guy is taking huge piece of plywood on top of his SX4 and one hand of the driver was holding on to the piece of wood...
Was it not tied in place? One hand is not going to hold that when the car goes through a pot hole, and if the wind gets under the front edge, then it will certainly be off, to cause untold damage.

If one has a roof rack, and stuff is fixed properly it can be ok.

I learnt my lesson on this, in London, with some long pieces of wood or pipe or something poking out of the sun roof. It was fine until I reached a certain speed, when it all started vibrating and shaking about like an octopus gone wild. Scary. I had to crawl home.

You'll see all sorts of stuff being loaded into and onto vehicles in the carpark of a UK DIY superstore but, mostly, the basic details of safety (and not damaging the car) are taken account of.
Old 26th October 2012, 10:31   #4509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepalimal View Post
I don't know why people can't spend on transportation through commercial vehicles. This guy is taking huge piece of plywood on top of his SX4 and one hand of the driver was holding on to the piece of wood. This was spotted at road connecting Sikanderpur market to Bristol roundabout near under constructon Rapid metro station. Driver was driving the car with one hand and "Sahib" was sitting on back seat. Anybody can do anything on our roads. Perfect example of banana republic.
Hi, I dont mean any offence to you (this is a general observation from this thread) - but are'nt you suppose to concentrate on driving rather than clicking pictures. Ask yourself, are you a bad driver by doing this?

Cheers!
Old 26th October 2012, 13:40   #4510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Moreover, when we play cricket in the small compound, don't ask how we manage, everyone is ready to park their cars somewhere else. This has been a real plus point in the building and am really happy about it.

Hey macbeth, have many a times informed traffic police, but as I told in my above post, they just keep on making false promises. I have seen them tow smaller vehicles like Alto's and WagonR's regularly, but the bigger cars are the ones that they never even touch wherever it may be parked.
With such cooperative neighbours, I think you guys should get together and park a couple of your bikes on the street during the day when you have some spare time. Park in such a way that no outside cars can be parked. That will ensure the tow truck comes around. At that moment just sit on your bike and move it. Ask one of your neighbours to check with the cop in the two truck why they dont turn up to lock the cars illegally parked there if they cannot tow them away.
A simpler thing would be to go down to the nearest police station and verify (not ask!) what it would take for the tow truck to show up. I would try to find some contacts before going there.
Edit: usually those mini goons in tow trucks (those who handle vehicles in the worst way possible) are happy to receive tip offs about offending vehicles. Do note they will not usually touch a vehicle with a political party sticker!

Last edited by selfdrive : 26th October 2012 at 13:43.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 14:13   #4511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
With such cooperative neighbours, I think you guys should get together and park a couple of your bikes on the street during the day when you have some spare time. Park in such a way that no outside cars can be parked. That will ensure the tow truck comes around. At that moment just sit on your bike and move it. Ask one of your neighbours to check with the cop in the two truck why they dont turn up to lock the cars illegally parked there if they cannot tow them away.
A simpler thing would be to go down to the nearest police station and verify (not ask!) what it would take for the tow truck to show up. I would try to find some contacts before going there.
Edit: usually those mini goons in tow trucks (those who handle vehicles in the worst way possible) are happy to receive tip offs about offending vehicles. Do note they will not usually touch a vehicle with a political party sticker!
Have asked the cop in the tow truck about this once, but the guy seemed too busy making some money for the government.
When we are playing and need to move up the cars, we generally park our car/bike in front of the gate, but those tow trucks pay no heed to our vehicles.
About going in the police station, I think I need to find some contacts...

Thanks selfdrive, highly appreciated.
Old 26th October 2012, 18:58   #4512
BHPian

An auto rickshaw scratched my 1 month old i20 today

I took the car out from my buildings gate and wanted to take a U-turn. So, I give the indicator and slowly start turning the car. While I'm almost halfway through the turn, I still check both ways to make sure no one is coming and continue.

Suddenly, out of no where this speeding rickshaw comes from behind me and tries to squeeze in through the space between my car and the divider. There was hardly any space for him to maneuver the vehicle through and the inevitable happened. There was a loud 'krrr' noise and I applied the brakes immediately. Rolled down the windows to speak to the fellow and this fellow instead blames me! Along with that, the lady passenger said that I didn't give the indicator! Now, I'm a newbie driver (still haven't gotten my drivers licence) and this being the first 'accident', I was completely shocked and wasn't able to argue properly, although my friend beside me did give them an earful.

We drove on further ahead and parked the car in a relatively isolated area to assess the damages. The front fender and the part near the fog lights got scratched badly, otherwise no dents or bumps. Went to 3M (Borivali) to ask for the quotation for a repaint and the manager said that since two different panels are scratched, repainting them fully will cost around Rs. 5,500.

I feel like beating up each and every auto driver on the road! Are these people retarded? If that fellow had waited just a few more seconds and let me complete my turn, none of this would have happened! Why is every one driving on the road so darn impatient, especially autowallahs?!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-261020121725.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-261020121726.jpg  

Old 26th October 2012, 19:13   #4513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvord12 View Post
An auto rickshaw scratched my 1 month old i20 today

I feel like beating up each and every auto driver on the road! Are these people retarded? If that fellow had waited just a few more seconds and let me complete my turn, none of this would have happened! Why is every one driving on the road so darn impatient, especially autowallahs?!
This does happen if you are to get your car on the road. Not all on the road drive with sense and care for others property. That autowalla might not even have bothered to see the damage on his vehicle as it does not affect him one bit, but it is us who love to keep our rides in pristine condition and hence it is us who will have to wait for them to pass by.

Not saying that you were wrong, but this is how the world works. Its like, I am going through that small space, if you care for your car you can choose to wait. Many a times while driving in B2B traffic, I have had to wait for those autos and buses to overtake me in the fear of my car getting scratched.

I had someone scratch both the doors of the LHS with a key or something and believe me, it really pains to see your loved one in the condition for no fault of yours. I had been quoted around 10k by the A.S.S. Have kept it as it is for now and will get the whole repainting done when I gather some more scratched due to the Mumbai traffic.

What has happened has happened and you cannot do anything to it now. Check for the insurance NCB and then claim insurance if you plan to.
BTW, aren't you supposed to not drive with a proper driver's license? Please wait till you get your license and then continue driving.

EDIT: Looking closely, wont a touchup of the same color do rather than painting both the panels again completely?

Last edited by carzone : 26th October 2012 at 19:14.
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 19:22   #4514
BHPian

Quote:
What has happened has happened and you cannot do anything to it now. Check for the insurance NCB and then claim insurance if you plan to.
BTW, aren't you supposed to not drive with a proper driver's license? Please wait till you get your license and then continue driving.

EDIT: Looking closely, wont a touchup of the same color do rather than painting both the panels again completely?
Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it

I have a learners licence, and my friend beside my had a permanent one, and I just gave my driving test last week so yes, I'm still waiting for it.

The manager at 3M said that the scratch was too deep for a touchup and a full repaint of the panels would be required. I'll get the repaint done within the next week, not planning on claiming insurance on this one though.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:19   #4515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvord12 View Post
Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it

I have a learners licence, and my friend beside my had a permanent one, and I just gave my driving test last week so yes, I'm still waiting for it.

The manager at 3M said that the scratch was too deep for a touchup and a full repaint of the panels would be required. I'll get the repaint done within the next week, not planning on claiming insurance on this one though.
Okay. So you were probably right by driving the car as your friend had a valid Licence.

Always remember, whenever you see a bus, auto or a taxi closing on you, just give way. Waiting for some seconds is always better than spending some thousands.

All the best with your driving life. Enjoy it to the fullest and do drive safe.
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks