Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2014, 11:46   #6871
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
If this person is genuine BHPian and if you are reading this. Appreciate if you can remove the big toy from rear tray.

From what I see, it certainly appears to be blocking rear view.

Attachment 1301225
Right in my office parking loads of cars sporting stickers stuffed with such soft toys all over the rear parcel tray, minuscule number plates hardly visible but huge stickers sporting rally significance!

This tribe will only increase!
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 12:34   #6872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
My statement above was more generic.
True, it's the bikers who bring a bad name to these bikes. And to be honest, most of the superbikes on B'lore's streets are handled by newbies who just got a big sum of money from a new IT job change and suddenly got passionate about superbikes.
I think this statement is true to most of the new cars on road too. I see people who have scant regards for rules or for others on the road driving some fancy set of wheels. Hurts to see the machine being abused.
Old 21st October 2014, 13:45   #6873
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan_jacob View Post
This Stud Muffin in his fortuner tried to jump the divider and got royally stuck. This is the gurgaon-faridabad highway, which translates to high speed traffic movement.

Absolutely no regard for safety. He was thoroughly embarrassed though plus his partner was yelling at him- so hopefully this should be lesson enough.
Agree to what others have said. Clearly the case of not knowing your vehicle. I have seen Innovas cross such dividers. In fact, see them almost daily in Gurgaon.

Quote:
If this person is genuine BHPian and if you are reading this. Appreciate if you can remove the big toy from rear tray.

Attachment 1301225
Maybe he was fed up with the 'high beam' guy behind last night.

I have had my share of interactions with such idiots (the high beam guy). Nothing can make them realize the discomfort they are causing. This (putting a shade or something) and folding the side mirrors is the only thing left to do if you are stuck ahead of a 130/100 watt nut in traffic.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 13:56   #6874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
This (putting a shade or something) and folding the side mirrors is the only thing left to do if you are stuck ahead of a 130/100 watt nut in traffic.
Why not use the Day/Night Option in the IRVM? Of course, nothing could be done about the ORVM, but at the least Day/Night option on the IRVM reduces half of the problem and that's what I do all the time such lunatics get behind me.

The other option is to just let them pass. We don't loose much of a time anyway if we let them pass us. My two cents
vnidta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 14:10   #6875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Man! That's scary! No number plate at the front for that Swift?
You are right. There were no number plates. May be this is his usual behavior of violating traffic rules and risking others life. No number plate means no challans till he is caught by the traffic police on road.

Quote:

Some times, I really wonder how people drive with ORVMs folded/No ORVMs or rear view blinded with these soft toys. I will feel very uncomfortable if I am asked to drive these cars with no rear view.
Old 21st October 2014, 14:23   #6876
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe he was fed up with the 'high beam' guy behind last night.
Why dont you allow the moron to pass you and do the same to him so that he understands the issue of using high beam unnecessarily.
Old 21st October 2014, 15:50   #6877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnidta View Post
Why not use the Day/Night Option in the IRVM? Of course, nothing could be done about the ORVM, but at the least Day/Night option on the IRVM reduces half of the problem and that's what I do all the time such lunatics get behind me.

The other option is to just let them pass. We don't loose much of a time anyway if we let them pass us. My two cents
Sadly not all cars on our roads today have the day/night mirrors.
It's not much of a bother in the Scorp but in my Alto it is a nuisance.

And I always let such people pass, but while waiting on a red light or in bumper to bumper traffic, what is the option other than to fold the mirrors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
Why dont you allow the moron to pass you and do the same to him so that he understands the issue of using high beam unnecessarily.
Answered above.

About giving them the same treatment, I don't have 130/100 or 100/90 on my cars.
Old 21st October 2014, 16:40   #6878
BHPian

Quote:
Why do we have to descend to their level? Tit-for-tat is definitely not going to be a solution for any problem.

Quote:
Sadly not all cars on our roads today have the day/night mirrors.
It's not much of a bother in the Scorp but in my Alto it is a nuisance.

And I always let such people pass, but while waiting on a red light or in bumper to bumper traffic, what is the option other than to fold the mirrors?
Its true that we do not have any other option while waiting at the signals. We have people around us who do not give a damn to others. We can just hope that people change for good.., one fine day (don't ask me when that fine day's going to come)
Old 21st October 2014, 17:05   #6879
BHPian

Quote:
I don't have 130/100 or 100/90 on my cars.
Even a 50w high beam reflection is enough to bring his eye balls out.
Old 21st October 2014, 17:10   #6880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The other option is to just let them pass. We don't loose much of a time anyway if we let them pass us.
We don't lose so much of time if we're in the city. But, the case is different on the highways. Most of the time, such high-beam morons think they're the fastest, while they hardly ever maintain a decent pace, to simply let them overtake and get lost. This has been my experience.

Quote:
At times I do that and get results too (got results rather quickly, on the way from Mysore to Bang-galore last November), but there are some certified idiots who fail to understand the point and continue doing it. For them, the only way is, escape ;-)
Old 22nd October 2014, 00:14   #6881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Madness at its best. A swift guy taking the fast lane on NICE road(Bangalore) on the wrong side, a suicidal attempt, I felt.
That Swift looks straight out of the movie "Death Race". May be he got deadly inspired from the movie !!
And this car deserves a place in the W&W Thread too.

Old 22nd October 2014, 02:16   #6882
Distinguished - BHPian

I've noticed that some tailgaters don't seem to be doing it to bully their way past, but because they think that ten feet, regardless of speed, is the right, natural, and comfortable distance to be from the vehicle in front of them.
Old 22nd October 2014, 20:19   #6883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I've noticed that some tailgaters don't seem to be doing it to bully their way past, but because they think that ten feet, regardless of speed, is the right, natural, and comfortable distance to be from the vehicle in front of them.
I've experienced it a lot of times and the problem comes when they "THINK". It's better if they don't do that thinking and stick to the 4-second rule. Of course, it's difficult to make them understand the importance of safe-distance.., as most of them just ignore your suggestions (if you suggest them that is...) Now combine tail-gating with high-beam at night, it takes difficulty in driving to a whole new level.!
Old 22nd October 2014, 21:26   #6884
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now combine tail-gating with high-beam at night, it takes difficulty in driving to a whole new level.!
And honking without relenting. Despite knowing that there is a traffic-jam. Upon asking, you get a reply that, he is honking at the guys ahead of me.

Me- So, you think, they are making their houses on the road?

Stops for sometime, but his hand is itching to press the horn button & there.

Me...? I turn up the volume.
Old 22nd October 2014, 22:34   #6885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
And honking without relenting.........Stops for sometime, but his hand is itching to press the horn button & there.
It is most unfortunate that honking has become an integral part of driving.., as most people think that its absolutely essential to keep honking when in traffic. Horns haven't remained warning devices anymore.

I still remember the days when we were kids, when some elders or even some strangers asked the kids how they would drive, the kids would go "drrrr.., drrrr.., peem peem". Now, the "peem peem" part still remains integral as those kids have become drivers They somehow forget that they have grown up.

And yes, we don't have much of an option but to turn up the volume and ignore those pestering elements.

Most Viewed