Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2014, 23:21   #6736
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Yesterday evening around 4:30pm, Old madras road, going from KR Puram towards Indiranagar..traffic suddenly begins crawling on the Hanging bridge, after 5 minutes I see a scooty on the left side of the road and I fear that it has met with an accident. Then vehicles start moving ahead veering to the right of the scooty. As I get nearer, I see a lady who has 'parked' the scooty partly on the road and resting flat down on the kerb! She has a small child in her arms who she is cuddling and having some precious parenting moments and totally oblivious to the chaos she has just manged to create. She then carries the child towards the railing to show the traffic on the road below, damn!
Old 20th September 2014, 00:29   #6737
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Mostly, I'm a pretty slow and boring driver!
Sir, can we not rephrase that as "sedate and cautious" driver?

Last edited by balajird : 20th September 2014 at 00:31.
balajird is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 01:20   #6738
Distinguished - BHPian

You certainly can Thank you!

The other day, I was enjoying myself driving in a zippy style. My wife queried this, and I said, "Look, I an going zip-zip when the road is clear, I am not going zip-zip around blind corners, or where there is a potential danger."

So, I am not always that slow and bor.... err... sedate and cautious.

I do try with the cautious thing, though, and to be honest, a good drive is an uneventful drive. A good drive is, to some, a boring drive.
Old 20th September 2014, 03:06   #6739
Senior - BHPian

Found this video on facebook. No words .
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...526205&fref=nf
Old 20th September 2014, 07:34   #6740
Team-BHP Support

I met one of the worst drivers a week back. I was behind a convoy of HCV's and we were negotiating a round about. This gent in a lime green Nano overtook me at the round about with barely any space. I had to steer so that the Nano doesn't graze my car.

An inch to his right and his Nano would have grazed the wall of the round about and all this while, he was on the phone.

It was inside city confines and I wanted to confront him, but sense prevailed, took a deep breath and let that moron go.
Old 20th September 2014, 11:57   #6741
BHPian

Encountered a bad driver yesterday.

Location: Silk Board junction, Bangalore, at the signal towards HSR Layout from the Electronic City area.

I was waiting for the green signal on the left lane, and moved towards the junction following the traffic as it turned green. Just as I reached the triangular concrete divider/barricade, I suddenly see a dark blue WagonR appear on my left hand side, and gunning for the gap between my car and the barricade. I brake, and give a long honk. I stop, and to my surprise, the WagonR stops across the front of my car (probably panicked) and the driver, a girl in her twenties, puts up her hand apologizing. I show my disapproval with a shake of my head and then I see that she's on the phone. By the time she has got the car straightened up, the signal had turned red again. She doesn't even bother to put the phone down and carries on with her animated conversation on the phone. All the while, a traffic cop sits in the shade under the fly-over in his own world.
Old 20th September 2014, 13:02   #6742
Senior - BHPian

Mr. Balan. R on his silver Alto with registration number KL 02 AC 131.

There is a level crossing near our place. And one very good thing about Kerala is that vehicles including taxi cabs and most autos keep to their lane while waiting for the train to pass. Apart from all 2 wheelers and some autos.

But today I saw one very smart Mr. Balan on his silver Alto KL 02 AC 131 breaking that. And its not as if he was in a hurry. I saw him driving very leisurely till the gate and I even overtook him as he was driving a little too slow. And the worst thing was that Mr. Balan stopped just after crossing the tracks to buy lottery tickets from a road side shop. It was so annoying.

I am really worried that people waiting in the queue will soon get sick of seeing more smart Balans and before we know it, the traffic situation will get worse.

I am sending these pic to the WhatsApp campaign run by KL Traffic Police. I think as bonus, the cops can charge him for sun films as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ty-public.html

These petty acts should be checked. Else, they will keep on doing it and spread it too.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-wp_20140920_001.jpg
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-wp_20140920_002.jpg
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-wp_20140920_003.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 15:18   #6743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Mr. Balan. R on his silver Alto with registration number KL 02 AC 131....
I am sending these pic to the WhatsApp campaign run by KL Traffic Police. I think as bonus, the cops can charge him for sun films as well.
The WhatsApp account of Kerala Traffic Police accepts offences registered inside Kochi City limits only. Unless they start a portal like the Public Eye portal run by Bangy Traffic Police, there's no way a common man can bring such offences to the attention of the Traffic Police through the internet.
Old 20th September 2014, 21:05   #6744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
The WhatsApp account of Kerala Traffic Police accepts offences registered inside Kochi City limits only. Unless they start a portal like the Public Eye portal run by Bangy Traffic Police, there's no way a common man can bring such offences to the attention of the Traffic Police through the internet.
Yeah, the number is of Kochi City Police. Anyways, this incident happened near Tripunithura. Have referred the matter, lets see if something comes of it.
Old 20th September 2014, 23:12   #6745
Distinguished - BHPian

Drivers in the Mylapore area of Chennai will know Luz Church Road and Nagaswara Rao Park. There is a road along the Eastern edge of the park, half of which is currently excavated. That side, at the Luz Church Road end, is closed to entry. I don't think there is a no-entry sign, or a diversion notice, but it probably wouldn't make any difference anyway: vehicles are still trying to enter and force their way through the north-bound traffic. There might actually just be room to do this, except that bikers, autos, etc are filling the space to the max, resulting in complete jams.

Total lack of eye-brain coordination or action. The detour around the other side of the park could not possibly take as long as getting into, and out of, the jam. As it was autos and commercial vehicles that I saw, today, causing this problem, I don't believe that they can claim ignorance of the alternative routes,
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:33   #6746
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP STICKERS are HERE! Post sightings & pics of them on your car...

My first post in this thread. Wasn't exactly a spotting. I'm waiting and proceeding on the left most lane of old madras road, at the Suranjandas road signal (heading towards RMZ Infinity/Gopalan mall). From the right most lane, this innova driver comes and rear ends my car without the decency or patience to wait, coming from the wrong lane.

I just proceed forward not to block the road and fortunately signal turns red. I get down and assess damage and the hit has gouged the paint on the rear bumper, right. Just had the rear bumper painted on my expense, about a quarter ago.

Head onto him asking why he didn't have patience and can't wait, and he tells me I should slow down. As if I was coming at 20kph. I was at crawling speeds. Even a biker ahead of me was just about hit and joined me in complaining. (He's not a young guy) I asked him if he can't drive responsibly. He coolly and calmly just says things like this happen, what can be done. Didn't want to lose my cool and his attitude sucked. He's a BHPian too.

Pain of owning a car. Anyone can come do whatever they want to your car and the owner happily pays for fixing it.

Be watchful driving near him. He has a 'what can be done/do what you can' attitude.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20140922-10.21.09.jpg

Last edited by k_ajay : 22nd September 2014 at 10:35.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:49   #6747
BHPian

Government vehicles, particularly Police vehicles are almost always driven with complete disregard to Traffic laws, often causing terrible traffic snarls.

The image below shows one such incident in Bangalore near Cubbon Park, in which, the vehicle violating a number of Traffic rules belongs to The Bangalore Traffic Police, no less! Such scenes occur every single day in this junction.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-traffic-violation.jpg
Old 22nd September 2014, 18:33   #6748
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely no comments!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1411390929761.jpg  

Last edited by man_of_steel : 22nd September 2014 at 18:34.
Old 22nd September 2014, 22:02   #6749
Senior - BHPian

my wife and i had gone for a walk in the neighbourhood this evening and had turned into one of the lanes when we saw a black Scorpio charging down the poorly lit road, towards us and two other folks ahead of us. the road is not very wide and we had to literally step off the road to let it pass.

when it went past me i turned and looked and saw something familiar. since i was carrying a powerful Maglite (for safety and light of course) i immediately shone it at the back of the Scorpio and there it was, against the black - Live to Drive.

IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 23:07   #6750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Absolutely no comments!
Hey I was tailing this Omni on the ring road for quite a while! I had to repeatedly remind myself to leave a bit more gap each time I had to apply brakes; the pole(?) was much longer than it appears in the pic!

Last edited by schakravarthy : 22nd September 2014 at 23:12.
schakravarthy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks